July 2017 Moms

PGAL Check-In 6/7

Happy Wednesday!

This thread is for July moms who have previously suffered a loss (miscarriage, stillbirth, etc).

Let's all do a little intro, as a reminder and for those that weren't around when we did the first time! 

How far along are you? 

How are you doing? 

When is your next appointment? And/Or What milestone are you next looking forward to?

Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes: 

Any questions you want to ask the group?

GTKY: What is something that is considered a luxury that you wouldn't want to live without?

Re: PGAL Check-In 6/7

• Let's all do a little intro, as a reminder and for those that weren't around when we did the first time! 
    mmc in July2016 - passed naturally at what should have been 12wk

How far along are you? 
    34wk6d

How are you doing? 
    Feeling big.  Heartburn has returned and ankle swelling has commenced if I sit too long.  Emotionally feeling pretty good though and glad that baby has been so active lately.

When is your next appointment? And/Or What milestone are you next looking forward to?
    Next appt is on Monday, and it's a more exciting one - an ultrasound to check growth/position and reviewing birth plan with my doc

Are people really going to ask me every day for the next month if I'm ready to be done?  Also, how is it appropriate for people to be commenting on my belly size or asking to touch my belly all the time?  Ugh!

GTKY: What is something that is considered a luxury that you wouldn't want to live without?
    Currently, air conditioning and Amazon Prime.  I'm also super thankful to have a good quality car of my own.
  • @optbaby2017 - FX for your appointment on Monday!  As for the comments / questions from people, it seems all common sense goes out the window when people see a pregnant lady lol
    Me:28 | DH: 28
    Married: 07-2014
    TTC #1: Since November 2015
    Restarted TTC "count" Oct. 2016
         due to previous issues.
    ***TW***
    BFP: 11/4/2016
    *TW*
     BabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Let's all do a little intro, as a reminder and for those that weren't around when we did the first time! 
    Miscarriage at 5 weeks in January 2015, passed naturally. 
    How far along are you? 
    35 weeks! 
    How are you doing? 
    I'm ok. Trying to tie up all the loose ends at the end here to get ready for baby (like insurance and car seat checks). Mentally, it depends on what hour you ask me. Sometimes I'm ok and excited for the baby, other times I'm terrified. 
    Next week! I'm just waiting for those two more weeks until I'm full term and baby can come anytime he wants. 
    I'm just happy we all made it so far with our babies, adn I can't wait to see pictures of everyone's little squishes! 

I don't even know. Maybe a dishwasher? Mostly just because I have serious skin problems that are exacerbated by doing dishes and a husband who is just terrible at doing any kind of household chores on any kind of timely schedule. I'm not a luxury person so this is kind of hard for me. 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
    Started dating: July 1st, 2013
    Engaged: July 1st, 2014
    Married: July 1st, 2016
    R born: July 8th, 2017
    N born: June 30th, 2019
    Baby #3 Due: July 7th, 2022
    (maybe I only ovulate in October XD)
  • @optbaby2017 I'm with you on being over it with conversations with random strangers. Every time I go to the grocery store the cashier wants to ask me when I'm due, etc. I don't really get people's interest in a stranger's baby. 

Let's all do a little intro, as a reminder and for those that weren't around when we did the first time! 
    3 mc in 2016

How far along are you? 33+4

How are you doing? The amount of time that I can sit without getting uncomfortable is getting shorter and shorter. Make working tough when I need to be at my computer. Mentally ok most days. Very ready to meet her but slightly terrified at the same time.

When is your next appointment? And/Or What milestone are you next looking forward to? Nothing until next week for appointments.

Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes: Realizing how close we are getting whenever I try to put anything on my calendar! I have up on my computer 6 weeks at a time, so her due date is about to be on the screen at all times. Crazy!

AC and Amazon Prime are definitely up there, along with basically any household appliance. I guess it depends on where you draw the line for luxuries. My favorite undoubtably spoiled items are my roomba and braava robots to vacuum and mop. I guess I could live without them, but I'd live in a much messier space. 

• @carol113 Yesterday the cashier at lunch asked a handful of the typical questions and then literally said "my second cousin is having a girl, too!" Um, okay? Good for her? Imagine the odds! 

DH said he's even getting tired of having to have fresh answers about how I'm doing every day for his coworkers. Welcome to the club, dude. At least you get to avoid the random lady in the dairy section asking your due date and judging the size of your waistline, all whilst staring at your left hand to check that the baby is legitimate... 

#tiredpregnantladyrant
  • @optbaby2017 Seriously with the left hand staring! My rings got uncomfortable so I stopped wearing them and that's when I noticed it. I went to wearing a different ring that was larger to avoid the judgement. But (1) not their business if I'm married or not and (2) wouldn't any women who's been pregnant before or at least had pregnant friends know that most people get too puffy for rings?!?