July 2017 Moms

Weekly Randoms 6/5

Starting this a day late. Tell us all your randomness!

Re: Weekly Randoms 6/5

• Ok, I'll start. 

I started binge watching Gilmore Girls since so many here have said they liked it. I like the show but I think I hate basically all the supporting actors. I can't stand Kirk, Melissa McCarthy's character, or Rory's bestie. They're so annoying!

I also miss eating. It's so hard to eat a meal bc I feel sick the rest of the day. I don't wanna snack. I want a meal!!!

• rnw2019rnw2019 member
    edited June 2017
    Haha I feel you on GG. I like the show a lot, but if I started watching it for the first time now, I probably wouldn't feel the same way. Lorelai and Rory are sometimes super annoying too! 

So, I've been having a lot of heartburn lately, and last night I woke up choking/coughing and felt like I couldn't breathe, and finally figured out that I had probably aspirated some stomach acid. EW. Of course then I was scared to go back to sleep because what if it happened again and I died in my sleep? Super logical thoughts happening at 2am. 

ETA also does anyone know what's going on with DarkSerendipity? Last I read she was maybe going into labor a week ago. 
  • Loading the player...
  • julybaby17-2julybaby17-2 member
    edited June 2017
    Sorry, but I really hate the Gilmore Girls. They just try so hard to be funny and witty. It drives me crazy! I even tried to watch the new version on Netflix but turned it off within minutes. I'm irritated just thinking about it! I am, however, obsessed with The Handmaid's Tale. 

It sufdenly got really hot here, and I'm still running. It's getting super hard to run in the heat, but I actually ran really well today. I can't wait to get back into longer distances with my little one in his stroller. 
  • Well... I just may be having baby soon... Went to follow up Ultrasound for fluid check and my levels are dropping, last week I was at 9cm, today I'm measuring between 6 and 7cm... So I'm scheduled for a follow up Ultrasound for fluid check on Saturday and we will go from there... Saturday I'll be 36 + 1... I delivered my son at 37 weeks and 2 days... My oldest birthday is the 18th which happens to be Father's Day this year, which is getting close... We shall see...
  • @julybaby17-2 I am a fan of the original GIlmore Girls series.  I absolutely hated the new Netflix version.  It was so terrible. 
  • @BarnesFamof5 good luck and keep us posted! 
  • @BarnesFamof5 good luck with everything. We'll be thinking about you!
  • @BarnesFamof5 good luck at your appointment! 
  • Thanx gals! I will certainly keep y'all posted! I'm anxious and nervous at the same time!
  • plumpousplumpous member
    edited June 2017
    Gilmore Girls just didn't pass the test of time. I loved it back in high school but when I tried to re-watch it, I cringed. 

I went to a high risk Dr last night. At the growth scan my ob thought some measurements of the head were too low. Got me and DH in major anxiety mode. So we went there last night and he reassured us and was really knowledgeable and informative so we're feeling a lot better! 

I started a countdown of how many more work days I have left until my due date. It's 20 in the office and 10 at home. So few! Aaaaahhhh! 
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My boss could not fathom that Im not taking maternity leave before my due date. Since I 've had a healthy pregnancy and can still work just fine, the company will not approve leave before my due date. That is unless the doctor says so or he comes early. I spent 10 minutes trying to tell her that and she just kept saying "but you wont be able to work when you're that far." and "why would you stay?" Well I dont WANT to stay until 40 weeks but welcome to U.S. maternity leave lady.

2 more days left to work then I get 4 off in a row.... I CANT WAIT 
    ME: 28 DH: 27
    Started Dating: 10/20/2006
     Married: 10/20/2013
    MMC @ 8w 12/15
    MC @ 5w 03/16
    ALEXANDER JAMES DUE JULY 15th!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • RE Gilmore Girls: I love the original but the Netflix version drives me up a wall. I have tried to watch it a few times but it ends up being background noise while I do something else or I end up turning it off and watching something different.

@BarnesFamof5 - GL with your next appointment!

@RubyRedPirate - I am sorry to hear you can't start ML before your EDD because of your work's policy / not approving it. What happens if you go into labor before your EDD? I am not sure where you work / what you do but I'd think your company would want to approve leave before hand so that your job duties could be covered ahead of time instead of having someone try and cover last minute if you go before your EDD?  Did your doctor end up giving you a letter stating you need to start leave before then?
    Me:28 | DH: 28
    Married: 07-2014
    TTC #1: Since November 2015
    Restarted TTC "count" Oct. 2016
         due to previous issues.
    ***TW***
    BFP: 11/4/2016
    *TW*
     BabyFruit Ticker

• Re Work: I'm a bit surprised by how challenging work has become lately. My back kills me! I'm good in the morning, but the afternoons are hard. Some days, I can barely focus. I'll force myself to work until my baby arrives, but it's not going to be easy. 
  • @julybaby17-2 - I am having the same issue with focus.  I have no attention span. And its not just excitement about the baby, I'm just so easily distracted and can't concentrate.

@BarnesFamof5 - Good luck and FX for you!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I've been watching Gilmore Girls while multitasking, and it's just the right mix of mindless and entertaining for that. I'm in season 4.

@ginger1228 As a FTM, I was worried that by age 3 months or maybe 6 months, we still weren't really reading to DS. I felt like I was supposed to start all this stuff (music, reading, conversations, SAT prep) in the womb. I'm not sure how it happened but by his first birthday, he was obsessed with books, even though we didn't push it. (And both DH and I were literature majors, so it's definitely a family value.)

For anyone interested in reading and childhood reading, I highly recommend The Read Aloud Handbook. We got it as a gift, and for the longest time I didn't think I needed to read it since we already value reading. But it's fascinating and insightful, and an easy read. 

PS - Actually, I did play the same lullaby every day for my last ~2 weeks while pregnant with DS. And he totally recognized and loved that song, and would calm down when we played it after he was born. I need to get on that with this kid, actually!
  • @ginger1228 I tried watching it because I didn't see it when it was originally airing and man.  Sometimes it grabs me and other times it annoys me.  I hate, hate, hate that they never pay for their food in the diner or even consume it really.  They go, order, and leave it.  WTF!  And what's with all the coffee?  They're obsessed.

Me: 26  Him: 27
    Dating: 5/2011 Married: 6/2014

Mirena out/TTC: 02/2016

BFP #1: 12/01/2016

EDD: 07/24/2017

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Haha, non-pregnant me drinks coffee like a Gilmore Girl so they will always hold a special place in my heart!  The Netflix episodes weren't exactly amazing television but I loved going down memory lane and I may have shed a tear or two.  #teamjess

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @virginiaunicorn11 - someone gifted me this elephant that plays different songs so I've decided to start playing "go to sleep" whenever I remember to see if it helps soothe baby. I'm going to look into that Read Aloud Handbook too. Thanks!
  • @chiquita928 - I couldn't remember lullabies either so I'm grateful for this elephant that plays them! Ha!
  • @SaphireSweetie88 I work as a vet tech for a clinic that has a few locations. My boss is in charge of our location but that's it. When we file maternity leave, it's the company rule that they will not approve "early maternity leave" before your due date, unless the baby comes early or doctor signs off. If he comes early, I just have to call and tell them so they adjust my paperwork to show I went out on X date instead of my due date that was originally planned. I've not had a single issue yet and im honestly not uncomfortable at all, even when I work, so i doubt my doctor will send me on leave early. I still have 5 weeks so I'm sure I'll get to the uncomfortable/miserable part soon. I still do all my regular stuff except x-rays and not lifting/restraining dogs over 30lbs. 

Halfway through my pregnancy they hired a girl in tech school to be part time. I've been training her since I'm one of the few at our location with a tech degree and licensed. She graduates in August so they were already planning on bumping her up to full time after I leave to cover the loss. 
    ME: 28 DH: 27
    Started Dating: 10/20/2006
     Married: 10/20/2013
    MMC @ 8w 12/15
    MC @ 5w 03/16
    ALEXANDER JAMES DUE JULY 15th!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @kghusker1003 that is fantastic news!! I am so happy for you and your family. Congrats!
  • @kghusker1003 that's wonderful news!!! Enjoy having her home!!!! 
  • @kghusker1003 Fantastic!!! It will be so nice having your family under one roof!
  • @kghusker1003 Yessss!!! What wonderful news!  

Me: 31 DH: 31
      <3 DS born 6/2017, became a heart angel 8/2018 <3
    CP 3/2019
  • @kghusker1003 How wonderful! Congratulations on heading home!
  • @kghusker1003 wonderful news!!!! 
  • rnw2019rnw2019 member
    edited June 2017
    Yay @kghusker1003 !!! Congrats. Have the best time at home with your baby :)
  • @kghusker1003 Wahoo!!!  So happy for your family!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm pretty anxious. I'm afraid to go to sleep!  

Me (K)-27 DH (T)-30
    2 Rainbow DDs L-10/26/10 and A-03/27/14
    2 Angels- 10/26/09 and 02/03/15
    Surprise BFP on 10/25/16!!! Baby Firecracker is due on 07/02/17! 
  • @kghusker1003 I'm so glad to hear the wonderful news! Hopefully you both get some rest tonight, keep us updated!
  • My sweet girl was discharged from the NICU today!!!!
    Awwwie yesss!!!! So happy to hear:) 
  • @RubyRedPirate - Ah okay that makes sense then. Glad it's not going to be an issue.

@kghusker1003 - WOOT WOOT!!!!  So happy for you and your family <3
    Me:28 | DH: 28
    Married: 07-2014
    TTC #1: Since November 2015
    Restarted TTC "count" Oct. 2016
         due to previous issues.
    ***TW***
    BFP: 11/4/2016
    *TW*
     BabyFruit Ticker

• @chiquita928 - I couldn't remember lullabies either so I'm grateful for this elephant that plays them! Ha!
    I remember as a FTM realizing that Twinkle Twinkle, Baa Baa Black Sheep, ABC, and who knows what all else have the same melody, and it blew. my. mind.

@kghusker1003 Such wonderful news!! I hope you are able to get some rest, enjoy the time together, and all goes smoothly as possible! Makes my heart happy to see that update. Hope your own recovery is going well, too.
  • @kghusker1003 Fantastic news!!! Hope you're both doing well!
  • 2 weeks post c-section and I just stopped taking pain pills. This was definitely the roughest recovery yet. But I do feel like I'm getting there. My incision looks great. The wound vac was awesome and I highly recommend anyone using one of their doctors also recommend

Me (K)-27 DH (T)-30
    2 Rainbow DDs L-10/26/10 and A-03/27/14
    2 Angels- 10/26/09 and 02/03/15
    Surprise BFP on 10/25/16!!! Baby Firecracker is due on 07/02/17! 
  • @kghusker1003 - So excited for you and the LO!
    BabyFruit Ticker