January 2018 Moms

Names

Re: Names

• @labgrand2012 YES! That is the exact same situation! I am going to do some sly ancestry research on his side and see if I can find a name I like better that will still  have meaning. First task: figuring out if grandpa Rex has a more appealing middle name! 
    *TW*

DD1 EDD 9/29/2015, Born 9/24/2015

DS1 EDD 1/3/2018, Born 12/26/2017

BFP #3 3/21/2019, EDD 11/29/2019, MMC/D&C 5/7/2019

BFP #4 6/28/2019, EDD 3/12/2020 

• We can't think of names to save our lives. I truly believe this time we're having a girl, our DS is Sawyer Thomas (middle name from Dad). 

Im not a fan of any of the ladies in our lives middle name, they're just plain and gah idk!!! We'll probably use Renae for the middle name after my mom, but my name is Renee so its a big idk really!!

So I will just stalk everyones beautiful names and maybe find some inspo 
  • Loading the player...
  • We are almost there for names! 
    Girl: Hannah Adelaide
    Boy: we are struggling between Ezra and James (I love James but it is our oldest sons middle name so hubby thinks it would be weird. I love Ezra too but I feel like it has become way too popular because of pretty little liars)
  • AnyMaxAnyMax member
    DD is named after my great grandmother, so we would really like to name 2.0 after someone important to us as well.

We have an idea for a boy, but we are coming up short with girl names. 

• @emilylove25 exact same boat lol .... I'm stuck with Clyde if it's a boy... :( it was his grandfathers name and his middle name and he is totally stuck on it !! For our DD we had a couple names picked out and he came home one day and said I told my mom what we are going to name her ( to my surprise ) lol but I love her name and I'm glad he just picked one ( her name is Lydia ) .... but I'm not so sure about Clyde 
  • Wow, you ladies are on it. We can't agree on anything. We have a few names that we "like," but none that feel like "the one" yet. We picked out DD's name immediately, so it's a different experience this time around to have nothing. DD is Wren Marie (Marie is MIL's middle name). We have a tradition in our family of doing family middle names, so we'll carry that on. I get to pick the middle name this time. Here are the names we like, but nothing is set in stone yet!

Girl: Finley Ray (Ray is my grandmother's middle name)

Boy: Crosby, Gibson, Grady, Byron (middle name will be Ford, which is my maiden name)
  • @cyanope I love the name Wren. I only have one on the list so far and it's Lauren nickname Wren. @missblaze both of my kids have J names, it just worked out like that and now I'm not sure what to for #3. I feel like 3 J names might sound gimmick-y but then I don't want to have one child as the odd man out. My husband and I don't have J names. I'm not going to seriously consider names until I know the sex. It's too stressful!
  • Our girl name is Hazel Naomi. (Hazel has been my girl name since I was a girl myself, and my whole family has always referred to her by name- "that will be so perfect for Hazel someday!" Naomi is my MIL's name, and she's such a wonderful woman.)

We have a few boy name contenders, but the lead so far is Russell August. He'd go by August, but Russell is my dad's name who passed away a few years ago, and my husband loves it, thankfully.

Having a stepson named Henry, I had to keep it classic so their names pair well, but I'm excited at how well those names seem to work together- especially Henry and Hazel!
    Me: 32 | DH: 32
    DSS: 5- starting kindergarten this fall!
    TTC since our wedding: October 22, 2016
    BFP #1 5/10/2017!!!
    *Sadly, we lost our sweet babe on 6/19/17 at 9 weeks, 2 days. But we are made of hope, and we'll be back here soon.*
  • BelhurstBrideBelhurstBride member
    edited June 2017
    We've always been Team Green so our boy name still stands, Joseph Anthony. 

Either Eleanor Margaret or Eleanor Theresa if we have another girl.
    DD1 4.14.10
    DD2 8.22.13
    MMC 1.4.17 at 16w
    Expecting #3, EDD 1.29.18

Pregnancy Ticker
  • We are still playing around with names but I really like Paisley Lynn (possibly Paisley Ida Lynn) for a Girl and Nash Daniel Michael for a Boy.. DH is set on Angus for a Boy and I just can't do that! 
  • @cyanope I love the name Crosby! Good pick!!

Me: 32 | DH: 32
    DSS: 5- starting kindergarten this fall!
    TTC since our wedding: October 22, 2016
    BFP #1 5/10/2017!!!
    *Sadly, we lost our sweet babe on 6/19/17 at 9 weeks, 2 days. But we are made of hope, and we'll be back here soon.*
  • @williams-jen our DD is name Ivy Mae. We love it and have gotten many compliments, it fits her well. Ronin was DH's choice for boy name, haha

this time we are thinking:
    girl: Maura Jane (after h's aunt Maureen who recently passed)
    boy: Jack Ryan (h's grandfathers full name)

its so so far off though, we'll probably change our minds 1000x before January!
  • @hunt_adventure_society my girls name is hazel too! I started planting that seed before we were married and he has just accepted it. 
    Really not sure on boys names, so many remind me of some guy or a friend has already taken... I already named my dog my favorite boys name, Jax, so that's out. DHs brother died a few months ago. I don't want our kiddo to have his first name as it feels like bad juju but we will probably have it for a middle name -Carson. 
  • The oldest boy in DH's family has been Robert for the last few generations, then most go by their middle names. We already know we're having a boy (one perk of IVF) so this little one will be Robert Jack Thomas -- Jack is after my dad (who passed away in 2015) and grandpa and Thomas is after my step dad. Luckily DH likes both middle names so he was on board with my suggestions. 
    If we were having a girl she'd be Kathlynn Ann after my grandmas.

I have joked for years when it came to names that "I birth it I name it", thankfully DH and I like most of the same names so it wasn't a fight lol. 

Together Let Us Seek the Heights

• Thanks, @hunt_adventure_society. It's been at the top of our list for a while. I have a feeling that it's the name we'll go with if we have a boy, because I like it more than all of the other names we have picked out. We shall see!
  • @cyanope I was thinking of using my maiden name for a middle name if we have another boy. It's Miles. I should probably talk that over with DH before I get my hopes up too much. 
  • Haha...I didn't ask, @CANTW82BMOM! I just told him. Luckily he likes it! I think Miles will be a pretty easy sell!
  • sbishop426  My dad's family has a "Christopher John" name tradition. My great grandma didn't like it but she went along with it anyway and just called my grandpa "Jack" instead he he he. It's one of my favorite family stories. 

Pregnancy Ticker

• @sbishop426 a friend of mine has a son named Rylan. 
  • @libbberty love that name but my husband's cousin named their little boy that. We never see them though so might have to steal it! 

Reid is also great but husband said no. He likes Roland, Rowen, and Raylan. Raylan is okay but those other two- nooooo. 
  • I actually like Roland! My German guy friend goes by Rolly and he's adorable. It helps when you know someone who rocks a name.

My sister and our second cousin have the same name. The times it affected her in her life were zero. My mom picked the name first and she thought it was flattering that they used it. It takes a mature person if it's the same last name, but otherwise I don't personally find that a huge deal!
  • We have an Ava Rose already and Rose is my middle name so if we have a girl I would like her to have the same, so maybe Poppy Rose or Franca Rose.

For boys I like Rafferty, Franklin (Frankie), Harvey, Marco! 
  • When I talked to my husband about it, he said that he had no feelings about names he wanted, but would happily be able to respond to names suggested if he didn't want them. So right now we have a Google Doc, and it's just a list of names in two columns, with no particular significance or attachment to any of them. One has been crossed out (Caroline -- he does not like it one bit, lol.)

He doesn't want to be without names for both sexes, just in case they're wrong when we find out, but I suspect we'll end up narrowing down more over the following weeks, and then specifically when we know which column we're landing in.
  • A boy we have known since early in our relationship. He told his dying grandfather (not related by blood but a neighbor he was close to growing up, and adopted as a grandfather) that he would name his first son after him. I didn't and don't have the heart to refuse even though I am not fussy on the name Albert. Its a tradition in his family for the middle name to be John so with Albert John we figure we would call him A.J.

For a girl I have a few ideas, of which DH likes as well. The first is my #1

Arwen
    Arya
    Sloane
    Luna (have not suggested this yet.

As for a girl middle name I am not sure but I am leaning toward Margaret. Its my middle name too and was/is both my Great Grandmother and Grandmother's name. My Grandmother is so much more than a Grandmother to me and we are very close (she wrote best friends in our wedding guestbook). I owe a lot of where I am in life to her giving me room and board when I put myself through college the second time.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Married Since June 2, 2012 Bookworm, Librarian, Wife

- Concieved Through IVF and PGD to screen out genetic disorder (Neurofibromatosis 1)

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Boy name: Nathaniel Colton
    Girl name: Isabella Quinn

Both middle names are family surnames. Nathaniel is after my great-uncle and DH's grandfather. Isabella is after my grandmother's middle name.
  • I don't want to settle on a name yet but for a boy we will probably go with Thomas, which is MH's dad's name and MH's middle name. 

Girl is still really wide open for us. I'm inclined to choose a gender neutral name for a girl - mostly because I assume email will still be a thing when our child grows up and women I know who have gender neutral names say they get treated with more respect because people think they are men via email. I've read some articles backing this up as well. I hate that we live in a sexist society but if we have a girl I want to advantage her with a gender neutral name. 

My sister is having a girl and they have it whittled down to two names and are going to decide once the baby is born between those two. 
  • Ugh we are having a hard time!! Some names we like...

girls: Natalie, MacKenzie, Harper, Charolette
    boys: Austin, Tyler, James Joseph (JJ)
  • @sbishop426 @libbberty I've wondered about 2nd cousins sharing names too. I've got so many first cousins and we don't ever really see each other so thinking it would be ok
  •  Love reading all the names! 

We have a Finnley Daniel so wanted names that we loved but also sounded sweet together. 

Boy: Noah
    Girl: Genevieve (Hoping for a girl because this would be so special! I was almost named Genevieve after my sweet Nana but my parents didn't love it with my maiden name. Would be so great to honor her in this way three decades later!)
  • I think second cousins sharing a name would be okay, assuming you don't see them a lot and nobody's the type who's gonna get bent out of shape over it.

My husband and his first cousin, who is the same age, have the same first name (but different last names). I think it's super weird. As I was told the story, MIL decided before even meeting FIL that she wanted her first son to be a junior. Her sister decided early on that she wanted to name her first son after their father. MIL ended up marrying a guy with the same name as her father, but neither sister was willing to back down.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Jan 18 December Siggy Challenge: Christmas Movies

• We have the hardest time with names. Last with DS2 time DH was basically like nopenopenope to every name and refused to give any suggestions until like 35 weeks. Then he suggested Sebastian. I liked it so we kept it as an option. I like to meet my babies before I finalize the name choice. When he was born we both were like yep! He's Sebastian! 

I later found out DH basically named him after his favorite Formula 1 driver. LOL.

With DS1, I was pretty set on Jackson. But once he was born he just didn't look like a Jackson. My ex suggested Maximus, and it was a perfect fit.

DS1 - Maximus Henry
    DS2 - Sebastian Peter

I have no idea for this baby. I'd probably like to stick with 3 syllables. But the name has to be pronounceable and spellable in both German and English (FIL doesn't speak English), which adds an extra layer of difficulty. We kinda liked Juliet or Clara for a girl last time. If it's a boy, I got nothin.
    -Emma

BabyFruit Ticker

• I should note that Maximus is pronounced the same in both German and English, but Sebastian isn't. We use the German pronunciation with DS2 (Ze-bas-tee-an) at home, but because we live in the USA currently, everyone else calls him by the traditional English pronunciation (Se-bas-chin).
    -Emma

BabyFruit Ticker

• deutschbabydeutschbaby member
    edited June 2017
    Ugh double post. Sorry, the Bump app sucks on my ipad
    -Emma

BabyFruit Ticker

• Fir boy we talked about using H's grandfathers full name Jack Ryan but then with our last name. He has an uncle and cousin with that name (Ryan is their last name) and we are fine with it, we see them like once a year maybe.
  • @deutschbaby Sebastian is one of my top boy name contenders! Love the nickname Basti in German pronunciation. We are kind of at a loss for other German boy names. 

if we have a girl, we're going 100% with Leonie (German pronunciation) for many reasons. 
  • Kezzy44 said:
    @williams-jen our DD is name Ivy Mae. We love it and have gotten many compliments, it fits her well. Ronin was DH's choice for boy name, haha

this time we are thinking:
    girl: Maura Jane (after h's aunt Maureen who recently passed)
    boy: Jack Ryan (h's grandfathers full name)

its so so far off though, we'll probably change our minds 1000x before January!
    @Kezzy44  what a coincidence!!! Your new names are good too :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Girl:  maybe Quin or Johanna (hubby is a hopeless Bob Dylan fan)
    Boy:  I hate all the names. I'll never be able to find one I love as much as my first son's (Joel). 
  • Just to give you some reassurance- I dated a guy named Rex for a few years and it was a good name - it was very much him. People remember the guy named Rex. No one says "Rex who?" Or "which Rex?" - as an Ashley I appreciate that lol.