1st Trimester

Baby measured one week behind

On Friday I started bleeding 2 hours before my first ultrasound with my rainbow baby. I went to my ultrasound and I should have been 7+2 but baby measured 6 weeks and had a heartbeat of 130. I bled for 6 hours. Anyone experience this and have a healthy baby? Did your due date change? I'm just so worried about having another miscarriage.
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Baby measured one week behind

• @sammiev24

I didn't experience the baby being a week behind but I did have bleeding / spotting during my 1st Trimester and everything turned out to be fine. What does your doctor say? Is she/he worried?
    Me:28 | DH: 28
    Married: 07-2014
    TTC #1: Since November 2015
    Restarted TTC "count" Oct. 2016
         due to previous issues.
    ***TW***
    BFP: 11/4/2016
    *TW*
     BabyFruit Ticker

• I haven't spoken to him yet. The doctor that was on call didn't seem to worried about. I'm going to call my doctor tomorrow.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Do you know for certain when you ovulated?  If you think you are 7+ weeks based on LMP, but you actually ovulate later than average, that could account for the size difference.  If you measure a week+ off of LMP most doctors will change your due date to match the measurement.

If you're sure about your ovulation date and are using that to estimate your due date, and you're still looking a week off, it will probably not be good news.  But if you're using LMP and you don't know exactly when you ovulated, it could easily be fine.  Just seeing a heartbeat (and 130 is pretty strong for only being 6 weeks) is usually a good sign.  Many women have some bleeding early in pregnancy and it turns out just fine.  Don't be alarmed until you talk to your doctor.  They will likely have you come back for another ultrasound in a week or so to make sure there has been growth.

• Thank you. All I know is that I had a positive opk on 4/26 but don't know exactly when ovulation or implantation occurred. I had a d&c in February and my first af came 33 days later then my second af was 26 days later. Maybe the d&c messed up my ovulation cycle too. Still waiting for doctor to call.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @sammiev24 - any word from your doctor yet? I know yesterday you said you were still waiting for them to call
         due to previous issues.
    ***TW***
    *TW*
     BabyFruit Ticker

• Yes. She thinks that my ovulation cycle was messed up from miscarriage and that's why I'm measuring behind. It doesn't make sense still that I ovulated late because I got a positive test 13 days after a peak opk. So maybe I just implanted late? I have no clue but I'm getting another ultrasound in 2 weeks..
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • It is possible that you ovulated or implanted later than you originally thought. Hopefully your next u/s will be good and show everything being alright.
         due to previous issues.
    ***TW***
    *TW*
     BabyFruit Ticker

• Thank you so much! 
    Pregnancy Ticker