High-Risk Pregnancy

Introduction: Trying this one more time (TRIGGER: Pre-eclampsia, c-section)

Hi everyone,
I'm sorry for spamming, I can't seem to get my entire post to go through, just the first few words. I'm making a great first impression, huh!? I hope it is okay to join you, I was not well-received at TTC board, I'm hoping that I can post here and not offend anybody. I'm 32 and have not conceived yet, but when I do, it will automatically be labeled high-risk due to my severe rapid onset preeclampsia for my first baby. They did my c-section before my husband could get scrubbed in, and there were some really scary things that happened after the delivery (not to my daughter, but medically to ME).
I still have a lot of mixed up feelings about that whole thing, the magnesium sulfate I was on, my daughter's first days of life being a haze. I plan to be active on the VBAC board too...that is what I am hoping for, my c-section recovery was a bitch.
Bottom line, I really hope I don't get pree again, and I'm just here to lurk and commiserate because it was scary and I am a total control freak and it felt totally out of control. You ladies all rock, sorry for pouring my heart out here on post number 1.
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Introduction: Trying this one more time (TRIGGER: Pre-eclampsia, c-section)

• Welcome!! I'm sorry to hear you had a tough time on the TTC boards-- I had a tricky time there myself. Everyone here has been friendly but I don't see updates happening that frequently (just as a heads up)

I'm sorry to hear about your past difficulties, and wish I could offer words of wisdom. I'm due at the end of January (first child after 2 MCs) so I've got zero experience.

Any way-- best of luck to you on your journey! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you :)
  • I had pre-e during my first pregnancy but it wasn't severe enough to induce me right away (went on bedrest). I did end up with a c-section due to baby being breach (labored all day...no progression...let's do a c-section!...oh my, the baby's breach). I know that they're just watching my bp a little more closely this time but so far, there haven't been concerns. My csection recovery was not a walk in the park but I'm still afraid of a vbac. I'd definitely express your concerns to your doctor and be up front about any fears you have. Good luck!

TTC #1 Since October 2012
    DX PCOS May 2013
    Clomid 50-150mg- No Response
    Moved to RE October 2013
    Nov. 2013: IUI #1 Letrozole + Ovidrel = BFN
    Dec. 2013: IUI #2 Letrozole + Ovidrel= BFP on 1/8/2014 !! EDD 9/17/2014
    Beta #1 (12 dpo): HCG 27, Progesterone 15 (starting on supplements)
    Beta #2 (15 dpo): HCG 297, Progesterone 29
    Beta #3 (17 dpo): HCG 667, Progesterone 34
    1st Ultrasound 1/28 (6 weeks + 1) Baby measuring exactly as it should, HB 118!
    2nd Ultrasound 2/5 Baby measuring 7w4d, HB 133. Everything looks perfect!
    3rd Ultrasound 4/29 (A/S) Our Baby BOY is measuring perfectly and everything looked great! HB160
    Diagnosed with Pre-E at 36 weeks, placed on bed rest, induction schedule for 37 weeks. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP #2 on 7/30/15 EDD 4/7/16 MC @ 9 weeks
    BFP #3 on 7/23/16 EDD 3/30/16
  • Loading the player...
  • kyethrakyethra member
    I am feeling the same way.  It took me years to get a 2nd pregnancy, had to use donor eggs. Of course this increases the risk of preeclampsia.  I had blood pressure start to go up early in pregnancy, then developed preeclampsia, then bed rest, then hospitalization, then I developed HELLP syndrome and induction failed so C section at 35 weeks.  It was really overwhelming for me. I have been monitoring my bp at home and noticed that the last couple of days my morning reading was 130s over low 90s, which is higher than it should be so I called the office.  They explained that was actually really great with my history and they wouldn't be worried unless I got a reading with the top number over 160 and the bottom number over 105-- big scary numbers.  No meds or anything needed yet.  And my risk is lower for pree this time.  And if I do get it, it is more likely to be less severe. I also hope for a vbac.  And to make it full term, none of the bed rest!
  • I had PP PE. I also used a donor egg, which is the highest risk for PE. I was told that PE is typically a "first baby" type thing and that the risk is only 5-15% higher for the 2nd one. I was lucky I got it PP bc it only affected me and not her. I'm 18w along and haven't gotten any vibes that anybody is all that worried (but I got it later than when most ladies do).
    *****Losses Mentioned*****BFP MENTIONED*****ALL WELCOME******ALL ABOARD!!

Me: 42, DH: 46, Married: 11/12
    Losses: MMC#1 11/12 BO, MC#2 11/13 at 8w BO?, MMC#3 8/14 chromo healthy M @12 weeks, stopped growing at 10.
    Negligible AMH, FSH finally went high. Pursued DE.

DD born at 38w2d on 5-27-16. Finally!!

Pregnant again with OE. EDD 11/9/17 Girl!

BabyGaga