November 2017 Moms

Baby Movement

Re: Baby Movement

• So I've definitely been feeling baby for about 2 weeks now. I'm 17w2d today. But I'm pretty sure I've felt baby move above my belly button recently. Seems odd so early but I'm almost positive it is baby!! 
  • I've started to notice I feel him the most when I am curled up sitting in the recliner or while in the car. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I've been lurking here but still unable to post. It's actually been making me a bit nervous. I'm 15+1 and on my 4th pregnancy. The only strange feeling I've had is some pressure. Like something is pushing outward in my lower abdomen. Like she's stretching out, but I'm still not convinced it's her, sigh.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @cwalker042 that's exactly what I had been feeling up until yesterday! I was 15 weeks 5 days yesterday and those were the first "real" pokes from baby.
  • I can feel this little girl all the time now. I love it! I have to be laying down, but it's every day, multiple times.  It's the best! 
  • I thought I was feeling the baby a few weeks ago but I barely feel anything since week 16. Not sure if it's the anterior placenta but I don't think I feel movement yet. I do see the uterus sort of change positions and it sometimes is harder on one side or the other but no kicks or anything here. It's not bothering me yet as I think it's still early. With my first I did not feel anything until 25 weeks. 
  • I haven't felt movement in a few days but I feel like I get Braxton hicks quite often. I'm not sure if this is something I should worry about or not. 
  • UPDATE: It's definitely Honeybee moving around in there. Usually I can't feel him but if I'm talking with a group of people or watching tv or something where there's multiple voices in the background he becomes really active.
    25 - FTM - BF Mom - Using CDs - Blogger and Soap Merchant
    Married for two years to my Honeybear and expecting a little Honeybee on our homestead in Belgium.  <3

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @cwalker042 I am the same...have never wanted to use any equipment like that myself and left it to the doctors. This time I have had so much more anxiety and with feeling sporadic movement I broke down and bought a Doppler at 15 weeks. I try to only use it if I have not felt movement in a few days. It took me awhile the first time but after watching several YouTube videos and practicing I can now find his hb easily. I hope it brings you peace of mind!
    Pregnancy Ticker

DD- 9
    DS-6
    c/p- April 2016
    missed m/c- 6w5d; discovered 8w2d- September 2016

• I feel silly that I am still not sure at 15w2d with baby #3 if what I am feeling is baby or not. I agree that the anxiety between four week appointments without definite movement is terrible. Thankfully my next appointment is this Friday. 
  • @08-16-08jms I am still not sure if what I feel is baby either!  It's hard to tell if it's baby, cramps, or just stuff moving around. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Today I was sitting and stretched far back. I felt what I thought was DD hitting my in the stomach. I actually yelled in surprise but DD hadn't moved. After that my uterus didn't sit the same as it had and the heartbeat was much harder to find. I'm beginning to think that baby didn't like being squished when I leaned back and kicked it's way to safety. 
  • Def could be baby @RiverSong15!!

• So excited! I've been thinking I have had baby kicks for weeks but they were so light it was hard to tell, but last night and this morning the baby was Definitely kicking and I could feel it on the outside! I tried to get DH to feel it but the baby moved away. I think it got annoyed with me pressing it a little. I'm glad this baby is right up front like my last one. Really eased my mind since I still have a week till my next appointment. 

@ooodalollly I have noticed some Braxton Hicks too already I think. I had them the whole time with DS and  my doctor said it was only a problem if they started hurting or came really regularly (like 7 min apart), drinking extra water and resting enough helped ease them.
  • @ooodalollly and @JDW0325 Thanks! The thought that this is the baby makes me simultaneously laugh in amazement and start crying happy tears....
  • @RiverSong15 that's what I feel as well.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • What does Braxton hicks feel like 
  • @bcashaw basically your uterus gets hard and tight for a minute. Typically isn't painful but can feel like a little cramp. A lot of people don't even feel them. Mine got stronger and more noticeable around the 3rd trimester last time, but this time I know what it feels like so I have noticed a few already
  • @bcashaw on baby #3 and I have never felt a Braxton hicks. 
  • @RiverSong15 I feel the same and know it's movement because I can hear movement on the Doppler and the heart rate "drops" as baby turns away. I say "drops" because it's picking it up from its side and back when it turns.

@cwalker042 I used to be full of anxiety and sometimes cried before appointments. However, I wasn't concerned at all going into the last two because I am able to check when I want to at home. Now I use it every other day or so if I haven't felt much movement. For example, this weekend was almost nothing until last night and then it has been super active all day today.
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • @NYTino24 I'm hoping it'll decrease my anxiety. Of course I'm thinking, what if I can't find the heartbeat? Do I call my doctor freaking out? Do I do nothing and wait for my next appt? I always weight every possibility in my head to prepare myself. I'm sure everything is fine. I'm just extra anxious because if I MC again, we are done trying. I'm too old to keep trying. I wish I could feel LO to decrease my worries. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @cwalker042 that's what it feels like for me too. Like pushing and stretching in my abdomen. Butterflies. it's so hard when it's early tonfeel a lot. You feel more when their limbs are toward your stomach but when they are toward your insides you feel a lot less.

@jess0211 I definitely have. I was feeling baby a lot more weeks 14-15 and then I wasn't feeling baby at all. I freaked out and went to my midwife and she did an ultrasound and we saw baby moving around and heard the heartbeat! It's limbs are facing inwards now so it's harder for me to feel him or her. :)
  • @bcashaw like you've never had them? Or you don't feel them when you have them? Mine are pretty unnoticeable if I'm just laying around or something. I've never had one painful or even uncomfortable. 
    *E 10/2012, H 7/2014, F 2/2016*
    Pregnancy Ticker

• I had BH last night in bed and only noticed it because I touched my belly and my whole uterus was hard as a rock. With DS I could really feel them towards the end though. They never hurt, just kind of like "whoa why did everything get all tight?"  
  • @MississippiCatfish I get crampy like feelings sometimes that last a few seconds and happened  every few minutes for a bit, but I just figured it was my uterus stretching and totally normal. 
    Some times it feels like I'm really full and kind of bloated but it doesn't last long. 
    Sometimes I have cramps that are kind of painful , sometimes I have sharp pains on my left or right side ( i think it's rlp?)  
    I just don't know what any of it is because I've never done this before. I'm just assuming everything's normal but I didn't even think to name some of my cramps... like maybe I am getting Braxton hick? Or maybe it is just my uterus? I have no idea. 
  • ineedsixeggsineedsixeggs member
    edited June 2017
    @jess0211 Yes! But I'm thinking things are just expanding in there for me right now, because while the kicks I felt before were way to the left, the most recent I felt was closer to center. So I'm trying to tell myself he/she just has more room so I'm not feeling it as much.

@bcashaw With my first I didn't know it was BH I was feeling for a long time (didn't even notice them until late second tri) because I always imagined that they were supposed to hurt for some reason. But it's really just your uterus flexing. 
  • @cwalker042 It's relatively easy to find at this point since now the baby is bigger.
    @jess0211 yup, and that's why the doppler is coming with me on the next two trips... because these last two weekends were rough.
    ...and I jinxed myself with the not crying before appointments because it happened this morning.
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • @bcashaw I can only tell when I'm much bigger and my bump goes from being slightly jiggly to rock hard :D Otherwise I can't tell it's even happening usually.
    *E 10/2012, H 7/2014, F 2/2016*
    Pregnancy Ticker

• I started feeling flutters at 14-15 weeks and I'm currently 18 weeks and can feel him move all the time! It went from fluttery feelings to super localized pressure.

BabyFruit Ticker

BFP #1 - 8/15 
    MC - 9/15
    ~~~~
    BFP #2 4/24/17
    EDD: 11/2/17

• I still don't feel much movement. I think, I might feel my uterus move right to left or something like that but no flutters or kicks or anything. I know I have an anterior placenta so that might be the cause. Anyone else with an anterior placenta?
  • @ShePersisted I had one last time and it took forever to feel real movement