1st Trimester
Options

Feeling guilty

Mamph25Mamph25 member
edited June 2017 in 1st Trimester
I currently have a 6 month old that we tried very hard to conceive after being diagnosed with PCOS. He was conceived via IUI. Thinking it would be just as hard to conceive number 2, I took a pregnancy test and it was positive and my babies will only be 14 months apart. I feel so bad for my first, that he won't get as much attention as I would like and I'm freaking out about daycare costs. I'm not as giddy as I was the first go around. Am I the only one feeling this way?

Re: Feeling guilty

• Options
    My kids are 18 months apart and I also felt guilty. But I see them now and they are best buds! It's such a joy to see them interact with each other and love each other. Ours aren't in daycare so I can't help you there, but when we did look into it, most did give a discounted price for siblings. Good luck! 
  • Options
    Well I'm a teacher so I'm off now and my mom watched my little one instead of daycare, but there is no way she will be able to watch two. That's why I'm feeling so overwhelmed with daycare:(
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Many babies come close together so I wouldn't feel one bit guilty about not getting enough attention or anything like that. Spacing kids out is a fairly modern concept. 

I suggest thinking about daycare costs a little differently. Yea, you're going to have to spend more on that, but you won't be spending money on fertility treatments.