Pregnant after IF

2nd Trimester Check-in Week of May 29

latershraderlatershrader member
edited May 2017 in Pregnant after IF
Sorry for the delay y'all! The US Memorial Day holiday threw me!

This is a weekly check-in for those in their 2nd trimester: weeks 14 through the end of week 27.

Congrats to all the strong ladies who have made it this far! It's such a great feeling and we've all accomplished so much! We are now 1 week closer to the end of this especially long journey we call "infertility."

Please post below a little about yourself, how many beans you have growing inside, if you have found out the sex(es) and what your EDD is. Please also let us know how far you've made it on your journey and when your next appointment is and what for. If I'm missing anyone from this list, or you are new to the 2nd tri, please let me know and I will add you.

Please let us know when you have graduated to 3rd trimester so that I can update our list! 

Mommies to be:
@DDRGirlie EDD 8/16/17 with 1 boy and 1 girl!
@Stars2016 EDD 8/24/17 with 1 boy!
@oxinfree EDD 9/5/17 with 1 boy!
@omarismyhomeboy EDD 9/8/17 with 1 girl!
@latershrader  EDD 9/12/17 with 1 boy!
@Kp214 EDD 9/25/17 with 1 boy!
@emilye13 EDD 9/28/17 with 1 girl!
@emgem819 EDD 10/5/17 with TWIN girls!
@ChocolateIsLife EDD 10/21/17 with 1 girl!
@mous-2 EDD 10/22/17 with 1 boy and 1 girl!
@Joslynj11
 EDD 10/26/17 with 1 girl!
@hopeby2015 EDD 10/31/17 with TWINS!
@Polythene Pam EDD 10/31/17 with 1 bean!
@sasha92-2 EDD 11/08/17 with 1 bean!
@LeFemmeViolette EDD 11/16/17 with 1 girl!
@srh18  EDD 10/6 with TRIPLETS!!
@hibiscus118  EDD 11/11 with 1 bean!

QOTW: How did you meet your DH or partner?
*TW below*
Me: 40 DH: 38
TTC since November 2012
BFP IUI Cycle 2 Dec 2016
Baby Boy Due Sept 12 2017
Elias (Eli) born 9/2/17 at 7:07pm weight 8lbs 10oz and 20.5 inches long!!

Re: 2nd Trimester Check-in Week of May 29

• latershraderlatershrader member
    edited May 2017
    25 weeks with one boy, due Sept 12. I'm going to be completely honest and say this was not my best week. I had another ultrasound at the MFM on Thursday and they STILL did not get a shot of my little one's heart. I have been referred to Children's National Hospital's Fetal Medicine Institute for a fetal echocardiogram. My MFM says there is nothing to be worried about but you know......I'm super worried. We went for a hospital tour on Sunday, which was super helpful and informative. But afterward, during a dinner out, I had a pretty bad anxiety attack. I've never had one before, ever. It scared me so bad. I also hadn't felt the baby move in hours, so I spiraled into full-on panic mode. We got home and I laid in bed debating whether to go to the ER. In the end, I used the doppler to find his heartbeat and finally felt him squirming. The reality of all of this is settling in and I'm a nervous Nelly over here! To compound all of this, I must have eaten something that does not agree with me and I'm feeling rather disgusting today. I'm not staying in the office all day. 

QOTW: I met DH online, of course! His first message to me said "My dog thinks I'm funny" and the combo of humor and dogs sucked me in! We got to know each other for a quite a while through email and phone calls before actually meeting. But I knew from that first message that he was something special. 5 years later...and here we are!
    *TW below*
    TTC since November 2012
    BFP IUI Cycle 2 Dec 2016

• Kp214Kp214 member
    edited May 2017
    @latershrader that must have been so stressful. After everything we've been through, we are extra aware of everything. I'm glad you felt him move. I think most of us would have reacted the same way, so don't feel bad. 

I'm 23 + 1 today with a little boy. I felt him kick with my hand on my stomach Saturday and felt him move big time last night when I was pressing on my stomach. I don't know if it's just me, but I noticed that I have tight lower abs, just not in the usual way.

edited for QOTW:  DH and I met online 5 years ago. I read his profile and knew I had to meet him. He is the only person I have ever met that I felt "spoke my language."  It was like reading something that someone had taken directly out of my thoughts and put on the screen. Lightning had struck.  
    Me:32 DH:36
    Me: DOR, poor egg quality, MTHFR
    DH: MFI
    TTC since 3/2014
    2015: 3 IUI's-BFN
    12/2015: 1st IVF cycle-(9 follicles retrieved, 5 mature, 3 fertilized w/ICSI, transferred 1 excellent and 1 good embryo on day 3)-chemical pregnancy
    3/2016: 2nd IVF cycle- canceled (3 follicles retrieved, 3 mature, all fertilized w/ICSI, 1 fragmented, 2 arrested) 
    3/2016: RE suggested donor eggs- taking an ivf break and to supplement 
    9/2016: 3rd ivf cycle-cancelled due to early ovulation
    Oct./Nov 2016: 4th ivf cycle- EPP-AFC:5, retrieved 10, 10 mature, 8 fertilized with ICSI, 6 blastocysts biopsied and frozen. 3 CCS normal embryos
    1/9/17: transferred 1 embryo-BFP 1/16
    1/18/17: beta #1-104
    1/20/17: beta #2-174
    2/2/17: first u/s, heartbeat of 107 at 6w1d
    7/20/17: baby boy born at 30+3 via emergency c-section 

• Loading the player...
  • @latershrader I'm sorry to hear about all your stress and panic! I'm sure your baby boy is fine. I have been there though- and I have to say that the doppler has been such a massive help with all that. 

I am 25w + 4 today with my girl. I love feeling her move around and she gets quite active at night! My MIL ordered her crib which we are very excited about. One issue I am currently dealing with is Restless Leg Syndrome. It came on at around 24 weeks, out of nowhere. It's hard to explain but feels like your legs are getting zapped and the only way to relieve it is by moving them around. It makes it really really hard to sleep. So...go figure! I solved my back pain by getting a giant pillow, but now I have a new problem interfering with my sleep...

QOTW: It's a crazy story, but I met DH abroad in Egypt. We were there for study abroad in college. We didnt date until years later, but sparks definitely flew in Cairo. 
    ***TW***
    DH & I both 34.
    8/16: IVF, antagonist protocol 
    21 eggs | 9 blasts | 7 normal through PGS
    10/16: FET  = BFN  :(
    12/16: Surprise natural BFP 
    Beta 1: 177 | Beta 2: 483 | Beta 3: 8,755 | Beta 4: 39,007. Baby born 9/5/2017

NOW on sibling journey. 
    2/20: FET = BFN :(
    4/20: Surprise COVID BFP

• Joslynj11Joslynj11 member
    edited May 2017
    Hey Ladies! I hope everyone had a great long weekend :)@latershrader  I am so sorry baby boy gave you a bit of a scare and I am sorry everything is a little extra stressful at the moment. When is your appointment? Hopefully it will help ease the anxiety and everything is perfect with baby boy  <3

I am 18+5 with a little girl! We don't have a lot planned this week but AS is next week and I can't wait to hopefully get a good report and feel a little better. I am not super worried but I haven't seen with my OB baby since 10 weeks so it feels like forever!!

QOTW: We met at work for the most part. We worked for separate companies but in the same building and started as friends and welp here we are :)

ETA: Oh, @latershrader no rush sweetie but I just wanted to see if you could change my bean to a girl when your have the chance please? Thank you!
    Me: 29 DH:38
    First RE Consult 3/9/2016
    IVF ER 5/5/2016
    23 eggs retrieved; 15 mature; 8 developed to embryos; 6 frozen day 5; 2 frozen day 6
    Transfer canceled OHSS
    FET #1 6/2/2016 transferred 2 embryos
    Beta #1 6/15/2016 BFN
    FET #2 8/1/2016 transferred last 2 embryos (lost 4 in the thaw)
    Beta #1 8/12/16 BFN
    IVF #2: Started stims 12/2 
    ER #2 12/14/2016; 16 follies retrieved, 8 fertilized to day 1, 4 frozen day 5, and 1 frozen day 6
    Praying my frosties are strong through the next thaw FX
    FET # 3 2/07/2017 2 embabies thawed 2 embabies transferred
    2/14/2017 *TW* First ever BFP
    Beta #1 2/20/2017 277 Beta #2 2/23/2017 8,945...did I hear you right!
    3/10/2017 One beating heart HR 168!! So very happy
    3/10/2017 Official graduate from Jones Institute for Reproductive Health!! Couldn't help but cry
    6/8/2017 Anatomy Scan proves ITS A GIRL! 
    10/30/17 An angel was Born; Riley Charlize 7:50 AM my heart is so full
    *Praying that 3 is our charm*

• Hey everyone! :) Currently 26 weeks with baby boy (due sept 3 or 5th depending who you ask). 
    On Thursday I had my glucose test which I thankfully passed. Did not enjoy. I thought it wouldn't be so bad since I like sugary drinks but I think doing so on an empty stomach (Fasting) was not in my favor. Got through it anyhow. 

Sunday I had a little scare. Baby Beau is usually pretty active on an off, but I hadn't felt him move much at all throughout the day. Even after drinking some water and laying down the few movements I detected were rare and really faint/weak. I called the doc and we were on the fence about going in (even though we could find heartbeat on doppler)... I could just tell it wasn't normal and I had recently gone off lovenox so was freaking out. Turns out I was super overworked and dehydrated from moving so after some bedrest with food, sugars and water he was back at it. Phew. Not fun though. 

QOTW - Eric and I met at a country bar in university. I always joke that our eyes met above the crowd (he's 6'8 and I'm 6' and was wearing 2.5" heels that night). It wasn't until about a month later that we re-met at a mutual friends house party and officially started dating. That was a good 11 years or so ago now :o 

@latershrader - I feel you on the scare (lack of movement etc). I can imagine this only added to your anxiety due to all the rescheduling of heart exams for baby bean. Big hugs. Keep us posted on how it all goes <3 sending positive vibes (ps. totally didn't notice you posted this late... I think the long weekend probably threw most of us off ;) )

@Joslynj11- anatomy scan next week... eeee exciting.

@omarismyhomeboy - just one problem after the next hey!? I was having my hips go numb from laying on my sides which was affecting my legs so we got a mattress topper which has helped my hips but too soft for my back. Argh. haha. So I get you ;)  sorry you're dealing with it though... lack of sleep sucks.

@Kp214 - so fun feeling the kicks both inside and out hey!? great milestone.
    ---
    Started TTC April 2011
    Me: 32, DH: 32
    Diagnosis: Endometriosis

• 2012 - 3 Rounds clomid - all BFN
    • 2013 - 1 Fresh IVF with 2 day 3 embryos - BFN
    • 2014 - 1 Frozen IVF with 2 day 5 embryos - BFN
    • Took a long break, continuing trying naturally
    • Feb 2016 - Biopsy = Endo, DH sperm improved from 1% to 6% morphology
    • March 2016 - Fresh IVF cycle with acupuncture & intralipids: 20 eggs retrieved (17 mature), 7 ICSI'd fertilized, 9 naturally fertilized. 16 total embryos!
    • April 8th - 2 embryos (1ICSI and 1 Natural) transferred. (7 blastocysts frozen), April 18th - Beta = BFN
    • Sept 23rd - Lupron Depot Injection for Endo control
    • Nov 15th 2016 - Started daily Lupron Injections for upcoming FET
    • Nov 22 - Baseline US/BW - Intralipid Infusion - Start Meds for FET with immune protocol
    • Dec 16th FET transfer of 3 embryos (1 - AA, 2 - BB)
    • TW below
    • Dec 22nd - first ever bfp (very faint lines FRER & cheapie)
    • Dec 27th Beta = 192, Dec 29th Beta = 379
    • EDD - Sept 5th 2017

- - -
    I'm a YouTube vlogger who talks about Infertility, IVF and Endometriosis. Check it out here!
    Follow along at http://liv4today.blog
    Instagram @liv4todayvlog 

• 16/6 with a little uncooperative nugget as far as whether he or she lol.  Next appointment isn't til late June for the 20 week u/s, and the wait is killing us cause we want to find out for sure boy or girl (everything we're buying, etc, is sort of neutral ish but definitely leans boy cause that's what we're hoping for and that's what we think we're getting based on very early u/s.  If she turns out to be a she, she's gonna be a tomboy, lol).  Also still waiting on our second round blood test results, it's been over a week now and I'm staring at my phone willing it to ring.

Otherwise, I have a job interview next week that I'm sort of stressing about. Not so much the job itself, I'm more than qualified and friends in the organization have told me my chances are quite good (I work in the public sector so everything's pretty transparent and people talk), but more about the fact that I'm obviously pregnant and nothing short of a baggy hoodie will hide it right now, and it just adds to the nerves.  Terrible timing to be interviewing. 

QOTW: We met through friends at a trashy bar known for being a place people make bad decisions lol.  One of his friends was dating one of my friends, we were all out celebrating a milestone, and at the end of the night, we were the last two single people left in our group.  And the rest, as they say, is history.
  • Loving everyone's QOTW!! <3

@latershrader so sorry for that scare and the anxiety. I'm so happy you felt baby though. That is the most reassuring feeling. <3 

@kp214 that is so neat to feel baby from the outside! DH has been trying to the last few nights but I think its still too early for us.

@omarismyhomeboy Ahh restless leg syndrome sounds awful, I'm sorry! A pillow or snoogle has helped so much with my lower back/hip pain at night, it still acts up sometimes though. 

@joslynj11 ahhh so excited for your AS!!! We just had ours on Friday and they were running behind so we waited for 3 hours to actually have the scan...it was a true test of patience!

@oxinfree so happy to hear everything is well with Baby Beau! I hope you are able to take it easy this week, I find it much easier to overwork my body now that I'm pregnant, and its difficult for me to remember that sometimes.

AFM: I haven't been active the last few weeks because we went on vacation and then I got sick shortly after coming back! I'm 19w4d and this little lady is an active noodle. When we were on vacation, we met with DH's aunt, who is a radiologist, and she did an abdominal ultrasound for us, it was so great. She walked us through everything that she saw and explained how everything was working, which they normally don't do at my imaging center so it was refreshing. Baby Natalie looks like a cute dinosaur. <3 I had my AS this past Friday, and the SCH is gone so that was exciting! They want to keep an eye on one of her kidneys because they said it was full and might not be properly emptying, which could be a valve issue. Also, during the vaginal scan to check the cervix, they noticed that I have placental previa, so I am prescribed pelvic rest, no lifting, and limited activity for the next 4 weeks. I had scheduled this week to work on the nursery before I start my summer semesters, so I'm going to try and do what I can. The fibroids have been giving me constant cramps and back pains, so its really been contributing to my nerves. The doc said that I will need to have another myomectomy to remove the fibroids that have grown before trying to get pregnant again, which was disappointing to hear. I'm crossing my fingers that our next scan in 4 weeks shows that our issues have resolved, and I get to have an uneventful rest of this pregnancy. Is 19/20 weeks too early for the nesting period? I feel extremely anxious about needing to clean my house and organize everything, but I'm not sure if that is just me being my crazy self.  :D 

***OH for anyone who has fur-babies and allergies, we just bought a portable air purifier over the weekend with all of the sales going on. Best purchase ever! Both me and DH could breathe all night!!!! 
    Me: 31 DH:35
    TTC #1: March 2011 
    Fur-children: 3 dogs + 2 cats (all rescued)
    dx: Endometriosis and Fibroids 
    2 Laps and 1 Abdominal Myomectomy
    6 rounds of clomid
    5 rounds of iui
    IVF #1 Gonal F, Menopur and Cetrotide
    ER 12/1/2016:Retrieved 22 eggs 12 fertilized, developed moderate OHSS
    4/4 day 5 embryos were normal for PGS!!! 2 boys/2 girls
    FET 1/10/2017  
    Gallbladder surgery 1/10/2017
    FET 2/2
    BFP 2/7/17 <3 Beta#1: 594!!! Beta#2 1630!!!
    Having a girl! EDD 10/21/17
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @stars2016 thanks! <3 Super congratulations to moving to 3rd trimester on Thursday!! Your next week sounds pretty exciting!
    Me: 31 DH:35
    TTC #1: March 2011 
    Fur-children: 3 dogs + 2 cats (all rescued)
    dx: Endometriosis and Fibroids 
    2 Laps and 1 Abdominal Myomectomy
    6 rounds of clomid
    5 rounds of iui
    IVF #1 Gonal F, Menopur and Cetrotide
    ER 12/1/2016:Retrieved 22 eggs 12 fertilized, developed moderate OHSS
    4/4 day 5 embryos were normal for PGS!!! 2 boys/2 girls
    FET 1/10/2017  
    Gallbladder surgery 1/10/2017
    FET 2/2
    BFP 2/7/17 <3 Beta#1: 594!!! Beta#2 1630!!!
    Having a girl! EDD 10/21/17
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Hi ladies! I'm currently 15w5d, and feeling pretty good! We scheduled our 'Name Reveal' party for mid-June, where (in a bit of a twist) we'll reveal baby's name (and subsequently the sex). I think it's gonna be pretty cool. I'll post pics when the time comes!

Today, I'm feeling pretty wiped out, but for a very good reason! Got to be with @wifeinraleigh28 while she labored with her lovely little girl! And, we were at the same hospital I'll be delivering at, so it was neat to get a bit of a preview of things to come.

QOTW: Like a few other ladies on this thread, DH and I met online! I had tried online dating for a little over a year- had some minor successes, but mostly duds. After a while I got annoyed and completely re-did my profile from an earnest, true-to-self portrait to a ridiculously sarcastic one. Some guys didn't get it was total sarcasm and sent me nastygrams, but DH thought it was hilarious and reached out to me. Despite only having 2 photos in his profile, he was pretty cute and I decided 'ok- but this is the last one.' And it was! We hit it off tremendously. That was September 2011. We met in Chicago and moved to Raleigh, NC in 2014 and absolutely love it here. :)
    Me: 32, Hubs: 36
    Married: September 2013
    TTC since April 2014, Dx: MFI
    DH started Clomid Oct 2015
    April-June 2016- 3 IUIs: All BFN
    July 2016- IVF #1: 16 eggs ->1 PGS-normal embryo
    Sept 2016- single FET #1: BFN
    Nov 2016- IVF #2 16 eggs -> 3 PGS-normal embryos
    Jan 2017- single FET #2: BFN
    Feb 2017- endometrial scratch
    March 2017- FET #3 (double transfer): BFP!
       Beta #1: 386 (9dp5dt), Beta #2: 1,960 (12dp5dt)
       Pregnant with: Triplets Twins Singleton
       It's a GIRL! :)
       EDD: November 16, 2017
       Dx w/ preeclampsia: Updated delivery date: 10/4/17
    <3 Hazel Summerlyn <3
    Find me on the IG

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @latershrader oh hugs I'm glad everything is ok but I'm sorry you had such a scare!!

@omarismyhomeboy ugh I had that with my daughter, drove me (and my husband) nuts! Like I had to do bicycles in bed it physically hurt to have my legs still. Hope you can get some rest! Also that's the exact story for my BIL and SIL! Met in Cairo, now married living in Colorado :)

@ChocolateIsLife  totally nesting here! I need my husband to move a desk before I can paint and I'm just dying to start. Fall is going to be busy so I also just want to get a head start. I'm sorry they saw any troubles, fingers crossed they resolve themselves! ❤️

AFM I have an ultrasound Friday to confirm gender, we THINK it's a boy from the 13 week ultrasound but we'll see! Feeling little twitches of movement so excited to feel real moving.

QOTW my husband and I met in high school at a church retreat, sort of funny as neither of us is overly religious but hey we met each other! Did long distance in college and reconnected and married almost 10 years ago. :)
  • @LeFemmeViolette What an amazing experience! Awe so happy you could be there with @wifeinraleigh28 to help her welcome her baby girl and really neat it's the same hospital you're going to. 

@PolythenePam Exciting  that you find out the gender on Friday!! Let us know which team you're on. I thought for sure boy too but as of right now we are pink, the only thing that can change that is if there are any surprises at the AS next week  :D
    Me: 29 DH:38
    First RE Consult 3/9/2016
    IVF ER 5/5/2016
    23 eggs retrieved; 15 mature; 8 developed to embryos; 6 frozen day 5; 2 frozen day 6
    Transfer canceled OHSS
    FET #1 6/2/2016 transferred 2 embryos
    Beta #1 6/15/2016 BFN
    FET #2 8/1/2016 transferred last 2 embryos (lost 4 in the thaw)
    Beta #1 8/12/16 BFN
    IVF #2: Started stims 12/2 
    ER #2 12/14/2016; 16 follies retrieved, 8 fertilized to day 1, 4 frozen day 5, and 1 frozen day 6
    Praying my frosties are strong through the next thaw FX
    FET # 3 2/07/2017 2 embabies thawed 2 embabies transferred
    2/14/2017 *TW* First ever BFP
    Beta #1 2/20/2017 277 Beta #2 2/23/2017 8,945...did I hear you right!
    3/10/2017 One beating heart HR 168!! So very happy
    3/10/2017 Official graduate from Jones Institute for Reproductive Health!! Couldn't help but cry
    6/8/2017 Anatomy Scan proves ITS A GIRL! 
    10/30/17 An angel was Born; Riley Charlize 7:50 AM my heart is so full
    *Praying that 3 is our charm*

• 16 weeks today! I just signed us up for a whole bunch of classes. I thought it was a bit early to do so, but it actually looks like they fill up quickly. All the classes take place late August through October, so still a ways off, but I feel good knowing we've reserved our spots! I'm rather anxious about labor and delivery, and knowledge makes me feel better. So, we've signed up for ALL the classes- haha! Labor & Delivery, Breastfeeding, Bringing Home Baby, New Dad Bootcamp, Infant CPR, and a hospital tour. :smile:
    Me: 32, Hubs: 36
    Married: September 2013
    TTC since April 2014, Dx: MFI
    DH started Clomid Oct 2015
    April-June 2016- 3 IUIs: All BFN
    July 2016- IVF #1: 16 eggs ->1 PGS-normal embryo
    Sept 2016- single FET #1: BFN
    Nov 2016- IVF #2 16 eggs -> 3 PGS-normal embryos
    Jan 2017- single FET #2: BFN
    Feb 2017- endometrial scratch
    March 2017- FET #3 (double transfer): BFP!
       Beta #1: 386 (9dp5dt), Beta #2: 1,960 (12dp5dt)
       Pregnant with: Triplets Twins Singleton
       It's a GIRL! :)
       EDD: November 16, 2017
       Dx w/ preeclampsia: Updated delivery date: 10/4/17
    <3 Hazel Summerlyn <3
    Find me on the IG

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Thanks all for the kind words and positive thoughts. I'm feeling much less apprehensive about everything. The other good news is that the pediatric cardiologist cleared my little guy's heart. He is 100% healthy. And for that I'm SO grateful. It really lifted a lot of stress & worry off my shoulders.

@Joslynj11 I've updated your gender. Yay for little girls!

@Kp214 I love feeling the kick from the outside! It's so exciting!

@oxinfree Hope you are taking it easy after that big move! 

@omarismyhomeboy it's all preparation for the sleep deprivation we'll have when the baby is finally here right? Hope you can get some rest soon!

@Stars2016 Congrats on the start of your 3rd tri! We will all see you over there soon!! 
    *TW below*
    TTC since November 2012
    BFP IUI Cycle 2 Dec 2016

• @latershrader Yay that's such great news!!

@LeFemmeViolette All of those classes sound great! We signed up for Breastfeeding and Baby Blitz (labor and newborn basics combined). I definitely need to sign up for Infant CPR still!
  • Kp214Kp214 member
    @latershrader that's wonderful news!  Very happy the heart looked great!
    TTC since 3/2014
    12/2015: 1st IVF cycle-(9 follicles retrieved, 5 mature, 3 fertilized w/ICSI, transferred 1 excellent and 1 good embryo on day 3)-chemical pregnancy
    3/2016: 2nd IVF cycle- canceled (3 follicles retrieved, 3 mature, all fertilized w/ICSI, 1 fragmented, 2 arrested) 
    Oct./Nov 2016: 4th ivf cycle- EPP-AFC:5, retrieved 10, 10 mature, 8 fertilized with ICSI, 6 blastocysts biopsied and frozen. 3 CCS normal embryos

• @latershrader yayyyyyyy. <3<3<3 so so thrilled to hear this news

@LeFemmeViolette - thats awesome. knowledge is power! :) I'm in a bradley method class (just started last night) and loving it. 

@Polythene Pam- yay for gender today! GL  B)

@Stars2016 - You'll have to pop back next week and let us know how all your appointments go! ;)

AFM - my mom has been in town for a few days visiting. Nice to visit but sometimes she can be a lot and draining. Eric gets back from out of town tonight, so we'll have a nice weekend before he has to go away for a conference again next week. Ugh. This is the last one, he was trying to cram as much in before the third trimester as he could so he doesn't leave me for long stretches as we get closer to baby time, but it's been rough in the process and I miss him. 
    ---
    Started TTC April 2011

• March 2016 - Fresh IVF cycle with acupuncture & intralipids: 20 eggs retrieved (17 mature), 7 ICSI'd fertilized, 9 naturally fertilized. 16 total embryos!
    • April 8th - 2 embryos (1ICSI and 1 Natural) transferred. (7 blastocysts frozen), April 18th - Beta = BFN
    • Nov 22 - Baseline US/BW - Intralipid Infusion - Start Meds for FET with immune protocol
    • TW below
    • EDD - Sept 5th 2017

- - -
    I'm a YouTube vlogger who talks about Infertility, IVF and Endometriosis. Check it out here!
    Instagram @liv4todayvlog 

• Confirmed that it's a boy! Excited, also clueless haha but really excited. They couldn't get good heart or face shots so bonus ultrasound in 4 weeks :)
  • @latershrader that's fantastic news!
    @LeFemmeViolette okay now I feel like a class slacker since I haven't signed up for anything yet. 
    @PolythenePam yay for a little boy!

AFM, 23 weeks 2 days with my little lady. I've been feeling her move more, which has been wonderful. Although unfortunately today I had my first real fall while pregnant. I stepped wrong off a curb, twisted my ankle, and fell. Hard. Luckily (?) my knee and hands took the brunt of the impact, so I'm scraped up but otherwise am OK. Just want to feel her move again to reassure me. Ugh. 

QOTW: My husband and I met through our old CrossFit gym--specifically at a "prom" that they put on back in 2012. It sounds very silly, but everyone was all dolled up and there was an open bar, so *lots* of people ended up "interacting" that evening. Turned out well for us! 
  • Kp214Kp214 member
    @PolythenePam congrats on a boy!  

@EmilyE13 oh no!  I'm sorry you are scraped up but so glad it was your arm and knee. Baby girl will move. She's just resting; it probably felt like extra rocking to her. 
    TTC since 3/2014

• @PolythenePam yay for a boy!! 
    @EmilyE13 yikes!  Hope you aren't feeling worse today.  
    @LeFemmeViolette good for you!  I need to sign up for a couple classes myself.  

I'm 17 weeks today!  We did some yard work outside today and I am exhausted tonight.  Plus, our "puppy" (80lb's) likes to use his paw to make us pay attention to him.  This morning he put his paw and some of his weight right on my lower belly.  Owwie.  I know all is fine in there but still can't help but feel worried a little.  

My next appointment is 6/16 for the anatomy scan.  I can't wait to find out what we are having!  

QOTW:  Hubby and I met in 2000 at the restaurant we both worked at.  I was 15 and he was 18.  It was not love at first sight and I really didn't like him at all.  Fast forward 4 years and during the slow months we got to know each other better.  My best friend pushed us together and here we are almost 13 years later.. married almost 7. It actually feels weird to say that I have known him over half of my life now :) 
    TTC since:  1/2015
    11/16:  IVF #1.  BFN
    2/23/17:  FET with a BFP on 3/8/17.
    EDD: 11/11/17 with a baby GIRL!

• @hibiscus118 ha, your pup sounds like my two! What kind is he? I have a 100 lb rottie and a 45 lb pit mix and both prefer laying/sitting as much on top of us as possible for extra love, and they have zero concept of their size. I've had a couple instances of too much of their weight coming down on the belly, too, via paws or just plopping down on me. 

The knee scrape is healing well, and all I have now is residual soreness in the twisted ankle. Baby girl has done lots of kicking and flipping the past couple days to help reassure me that all is well, too. 
  • @EmilyE13 I'm glad you're feeling better and feeling baby girl move!  We have a shepherd mix.  He is constantly pushing his head right into my side and flipping himself upside down but can usually gear him away from my stomach for now.  
    TTC since:  1/2015
    11/16:  IVF #1.  BFN
    2/23/17:  FET with a BFP on 3/8/17.
    EDD: 11/11/17 with a baby GIRL!

• I'll be 18w tomorrow with DD#2. I stopped freaking out about bad things happening to this baby, thankfully. I see that many ladies here have had scares and that's so hard, but all good news. My 20 week scan is coming up in 10 days and I'll be excited to see baby--I don't think DH will be there bc somebody has to take care of baby#1.

I know there is a whole baby name section on the boards but I feel like an idiot even posting this question. I have come up with a soft "G" name that I love. But I have a speech impediment that sounds normal but my mouth doesn't move the right way. My own name starts with a "J". Nobody else notices but I feel uncomfortable saying the sound. Do I really name my kid a G/J sound then? I love the name. Would I just get used to it? God, this question is lame.
    *****Losses Mentioned*****BFP MENTIONED*****ALL WELCOME******ALL ABOARD!!

Me: 42, DH: 46, Married: 11/12
    Losses: MMC#1 11/12 BO, MC#2 11/13 at 8w BO?, MMC#3 8/14 chromo healthy M @12 weeks, stopped growing at 10.
    Negligible AMH, FSH finally went high. Pursued DE.

DD born at 38w2d on 5-27-16. Finally!!

Pregnant again with OE. EDD 11/9/17 Girl!

BabyGaga
  • Kp214Kp214 member
    @peregrinefalconx If you love the name, I say go for it. Choosing a name is hard.  Is there a shortened version of it that you could use that's doesn't have the G sound?  You aren't alone in worrying, and it's not lame.  It's ok.  If it makes you feel better, I'm of Asian descent and love a name that has the initials J.A.P.  I'm not of Japanese descent.  We've decided not to use it in case he looks like me.  The things we think about...
    TTC since 3/2014

• @peregrinefalconx - don't feel silly asking that kind of question. I know having a speech impediment and having to consider it as a factor in your name choices would be hard. My two cents for what its worth - the name is something everyone will be using, not just yourself. That being said, you will ultimately be probably saying it most of anyone (unless you have a nickname/pet name you end up using instead). You should be comfortable telling people his name and saying it frequently. I'm not sure you'll get past the impediment as I don't know your circumstances/case, but you could get relatively used to it... used to saying it etc.I also think you shouldn't be ashamed of it either. If you absolutely love the name, nothing should stop you from picking it. But you need to feel comfortable in your decision so trust your gut <3 
    ---
    Started TTC April 2011

• TW below
    • EDD - Sept 5th 2017

- - -
    Instagram @liv4todayvlog 

• edited June 2017
    Kp214oxinfree 

Thank you. I do love the name and the only other one we really like will be her middle name. I feel it is the "right" name. She kicked me about 40-50 times in the last hour and I emailed my husband that she was kicking me with the name included and it just felt right. Nobody would know I have this impediment bc the sound sounds right, but just feels clumsy on my tongue. I think I'll try it as if it is real and see if my mouth gets used to saying it. The name is a shortened version of several names so can't not use a G! We are keeping it a secret because I don't really want/need the peanut gallery on this one--like my opinionated family and friends. Not the ladies here! (and I can't keep a secret to save my life--ok, i told one work friend and my dentist, lol).

KP, my mom got me a baby name book bc she knew that I was not inspired by anything really out there. There is a whole section on initials and gave the example of P.I.G. The baby was not named that name! So I approve of the non-JAP thing :) Thanks, Ladies!
    *****Losses Mentioned*****BFP MENTIONED*****ALL WELCOME******ALL ABOARD!!

Me: 42, DH: 46, Married: 11/12
    Losses: MMC#1 11/12 BO, MC#2 11/13 at 8w BO?, MMC#3 8/14 chromo healthy M @12 weeks, stopped growing at 10.
    Negligible AMH, FSH finally went high. Pursued DE.

DD born at 38w2d on 5-27-16. Finally!!

Pregnant again with OE. EDD 11/9/17 Girl!

BabyGaga
  • srh18srh18 member
    edited June 2017