August 2017 Moms
Options

Anyone Relate?

I'm a 2nd time mom, and 30w2d. I'm pretty sure I lost part of my mucus plug yesterday during two different intervals. Anyone else experienced this? Should there be any concern? 

Re: Anyone Relate?

• Options
    edited June 2017
    I've always read mucus plug grows back. I started to lose it slowly at 31 weeks last time. I would notice parts of it in toilet water. My baby did come early at 36 weeks. I don't know if it's related, I never asked the Dr. But I am being treated to prevent preterm labor again regardless. Just mention it to your Dr and see what he/she has to say. 
  • Options
    NxyNxy member
    Yea. Talk to your doctor. I feel for you and the stress this must be causing but we can't evaluate the condition of your cervix. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I've heard that your mucus plug regenerates and while it can be very scary to lose parts of it early but generally it doesn't always mean labor is immediate. I would be calling my Dr. to get monitored to see if I have any other signs of labor.

To get more responses try editing your title to something that will let everyone know what you're referring to, maybe "Anyone relate? Lost part of mucus plug" I know lots of people just skim the titles and don't open all the posts. Would be best if you got the most responses possible in this situation!

Together: January 2002
    Married: May 2008
    Baby: August 2017

Clearly we like to rush along at lightning speed...

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I read that it can happen as early as 20-some weeks, but it doesn't necessarily mean labor is around the corner. It can be a few weeks for some. Looks like some good articles when I searched google. https://www.healthline.com/health/pregnancy/losing-your-mucus-plug#what-to-expect4

Pregnancy Ticker
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker