May 2017 Moms

Healthy Eating/Diet & Exercise Check In Week of 6/5

How was last week?

What are your food and/or exercise goals this week?

What do you struggle the most with lately?

Questions/concerns?

Re: Healthy Eating/Diet & Exercise Check In Week of 6/5

• How was last week?

My mom waswith is last week and kept me fed. Some
    of it healthy, some not. We've gotten out a few times and I've taken a few walks. 

Keep eating healthy. Take it easy so I can fully recover. A few light walks/outings. 

Taking time to heal. I'm 11 days PP and I feel so much better than the first time around but I know if I push it healing will take longer. 

Questions/concerns?

Wow mine was very boring but thanks for the check in Jenny!
  • mcvgalmcvgal member
    @Hansolosparka letting yourself recover has always been the hardest for me too. 

How was last week? Exercise was good, I worked out 5 days last week. I feel like I'm getting back on track. However food was bad. We had a retirement party at work which meant sweets galore. I also attended my SIL's gender reveal and ate too many cupcakes and pizza.

What are your food and/or exercise goals this week? I'd like to get my 5 workouts in again. Food wise, I want to focus on more water and less sweets.

What do you struggle the most with lately? I've really been struggling with food. I feel like I'm starving all the time, so I eat any snack. But I know I really need more water.

Questions/concerns? 

11.2011 - DS1

02.2013 - loss at 6 wks

06.2014 - DS2

10.2015 - loss at 12 wks

03.2017 - DD

• Loading the player...
  • lnds32lnds32 member
    edited June 2017
    How was last week?

It was actually great! I made it to Crossfit 4 days and hot yoga once! I am finally feeling like I am back to myself again which is awesome!

What are your food/exercise goals this week?

This week I would like to do about the same as last week! I went to Crossfit this morning and plan to go Tues-Thursday and hopefully make it to yoga on Friday. As far as food goes, breastfeeding makes it hard to make good choices as I am starving ALL the time! I am making an effort though! 

What do you struggle with the most lately? 

The hardest part of coming back from having a baby is knowing how hard I can push myself. I like to lift heavy weight and do everything RX at the gym so it's challenging knowing what limits I should be setting. Even today the strength portion was a heavy front squat. I sat there for like 5 minutes deciding what the means for me now. 

Questions/Concerns? 

No questions/concerns right now. I am just hoping to continue to recover and get stronger again without any set backs! 

• Finally on here again! I've been able to read and catch up on posts but never get the chance to respond. So happy to see so many happy healthy babies and mamas!!

How was last week? Good. Started my 21 day fix again and took my measurements and pics. Not doing so well with the eating but trying to do better this week so I can see more results. I'm so terrified of losing my milk because I have a very touchy supply. If I don't eat enough or drink enough I dry up almost immediately.  But that's no excuse to eat crap and I need to remember that. 

What are your food and/or exercise goals this week? My main goal is to continue my program and eat better. 

What do you struggle the most with lately? Eating the right foods when I'm hungry and not snacking at night. I'm just so starving 

Questions/concerns? None right now

BabyFruit Ticker
  • How was last week? Much better! I've been trying to hike every day, even if it's more of just a walk in the woods. I don't make it every day because of the rain, but I should suck it up and do it anyways. Food wise was better, too. I started tracking my food again in MFP, which makes me eat much healthier. I've also been cutting back on MOTN snacks. I'll usually have just 1 now, whereas before, I was eating every time I was awake. 

What are your food and/or exercise goals this week? My goal this week is to take a decent walk every day, avoid the unhealthy food at camp, and eat better portion sizes.

What do you struggle the most with lately? Portion sizes because I'm always hungry. Also struggling with the type of activities to do. I could probably start being more strenuous at this point (6 weeks pp) but I'm struggling with the motivation.

Questions/concerns? For people who don't want to run and don't have access to a gym, what kind of exercises do you do to really burn calories? 
    Me: 29, DH: 31
    Married: October 2014
    Began TTC: April 2015
    BFP #1: 9/18/15. EDD 5/18/16. MC 10/26/15. (9w)
    BFP #2: 2/27/16. EDD 11/7/16. MC/D&E 4/20/16 (11w)
    BFP #3: 9/22/16. EDD 5/29/17. DS born 4/24/17 <3
    BFP #4: 5/20/18. EDD 1/23/19. 

• How was last week?
    Exercise: Finally got the green light to resume physical activity (6w pp). Hopped on my bike a few times, even did a long 6 mile ride which felt amazing. We have been going for evening walks as a family and I'm very gently resuming yoga. I have a long way to go but am dropping noticeable weight.
    Diet: it's a great time for fresh fruits and veggies in the Pacific NW so I've visited the farm market a bunch and am loving all of the produce for snacking and for smoothies (especially when past prime ripeness, blend it up!). I definitely feel a difference when I eat well. 

More yoga and biking. Going to take a yoga class or two to help just start my home practice again. I really want to start jogging again soon. 

Drinking enough water. Takes conscious effort to hydrate!
  • Jens_HoesJens_Hoes member
    edited June 2017
    @kns1988 I work out at home and I have small weights, heavier weights, and a kettle bell that I do weight training with. I also have videos that I use. You tube has a few workout channels that has good stuff, popsugar fitness is my favorite. 

Eta: I like to do my own HIIT work outs and when I get home I can share the exercises. 
  • auro_cauro_c member
    Wow, how do you breastfeed and go to cross fit or yoga classes? My baby wants te eat ALL the time. Pumping is not a solution: he needs the comfort of my body. That's my struggle right now. 
  • mcvgalmcvgal member
    I went to a fitness class last week, but only because the timing worked out. I had just nursed DD right before class, so I knew she would be good for at least an hour and a half.

11.2011 - DS1

02.2013 - loss at 6 wks

06.2014 - DS2

10.2015 - loss at 12 wks

03.2017 - DD

• lnds32lnds32 member
    Yea same, I nursed right before I left and pumped 3 ounces for my husband to give just in case!