Trying to Get Pregnant

Weekday Randoms 5/29

Re: Weekday Randoms 5/29

• @vflux33 I am so sorry that is happening.  Certain parts of the gaming community can be so disgusting.  

Anita Sarkeesian foreverrrrrr <3
  • Loading the player...
  • pebbledampebbledam member
    edited June 2017
    @BertieMeetsGertie - Can you add a TW to your post? It's really wonderful that you got to witness and participate in such a beautiful memorial. 

@charlestonchew - Happy birthday to you both!

ETA typo
    Me: 29 | DH: 29
    Married 12/2016
    DSS born 01/2016
    TTC since 01/2017
    Letrozole + TI = BFP 01/30/2018 | EDD 10/11/2018
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • pebbledam said:
    @vflux33 - That is 100% unacceptable. I wonder if he could make some phone calls. I feel like it's harder to ignore someone's complaint on the phone versus over email. I also wonder if he knows of any gamer blogs or organizations that could report on this sort of story. People shouldn't be afraid of leaving their homes. I'm angry for you and I hope YH can figure out a way to escalate this issue. 

ETA typo
    The phone vs email thing isn't always true. I worked in the PR dept of a major company that also had a huge video game dept, and we filtered all fan mail and complaints. There was nothing I could personally do about a complaint - I could only take notes and pass it along. If someone wrote a somewhat coherent email I could just keep reforwarding it to the right people, and they'd always take care of it. If someone called I could keep forwarding my notes but no one cared because they were just notes. Obv every company is different but don't knock email. 

Side story: this bat shit crazy woman used to write these VERY elaborate snail mail letters to the owner, written as if he'd responded to previous (like answering questions and thanking him for thinking of her), but then she'd call the PR line 20x a day to yell at me and ask why I was keeping him from her. 'Twas such a joy. 
  • @doxiemoxie212 - I wasn't knocking email. I was suggesting something that maybe vflux33's husband hadn't tried. I just hope he finds a way to escalate the issue. 
    Married 12/2016
    DSS born 01/2016
    TTC since 01/2017
  • @pebbledam I know, I was just trying to provide some perspective on who is actually routing complaints sometimes. Before I had that job in house I had no idea it'd be PR, I thought it'd be a subsection of legal. If it's the PR/comms team you're usually sorta screwed.

BUT complaining on twitter almost ALWAYS works. Companies hate being called supportive of antisemitic things on social media (uh, unless they see it as a feature not a bug? Which is a bigger issue). 
  • @charlestonchew
    Happy birthday!

happy birthday celebration happy birthday parks and rec GIF

@doxiemoxie212
    I agree with you on the social media thing. That usually gets their attention pretty quickly, and I'd imagine they'd want to keep being anything anti-semeitic far away from their image.
    A couple of years ago a USPS worker was caught on film throwing a package at someone's door, and the thing went viral. There was a hashtag and everything for it. USPS responded pretty quickly and terminated that employee. There's still a 'Don't Throw My Package' website up from it all, though.
  • @pebbledam whoops, sorry about that! I've edited the post.  :)
    Me: 31 DH: 32
    Dating since: 11/17/2001
    Married: 9/26/2009
    TTC: June 2016
    BFP: 9/01/2017
    EDD: 5/14/2018

• Thanks for being enraged with me, guys. It helps for some reason. 

@antoto I love Anita Sarkeesian! I'm not really a gamer and haven't seen all her videos, but loved the ones I did. 

@pebbledam @doxiemoxie212 As for the email vs. call thing, if we can find the right number to call and he isn't slammed at work he said he'd do it (just because it would be something different). I don't really know how the in game reporting works so I can't do it for him. I think the debate about which is more effective is interesting--for me the point is they obviously aren't going to do shit at this point unless they are inundated with complaints by a ton of different people. When he has emailed they just pointed him back to the in game reporting system, so if there is even a number to call to make such a complaint, they may just do that. 

Twitter would be interesting. Neither of us are on Twitter, but if there is someone here on Twitter with a bunch of followers or someone who is, like, Twitter famous who'd be willing to do it, we would def reach out by PM or something. Anyone have ideas on that? 
  • @purplg8r That's crazy! When do you get out?

@vflux33 My H doesn't play that particular game, but he's run into similar things on other games. It's really disheartening that so many people (gamers, not people here) seem to think it's funny.
    Me: 27 | DH: 27
    Married: 10/2013
    TTC #1 Since: 02/2017
  • Update @pebbledam @doxiemoxie212: I messed around on EA's (game maker) website a bit and they won't give you a phone number. You click, complaints, then harassment, etc. and it leads you to an email form with no phone option. 
  • @vflux33 I just can't believe that people behave that way. MH doesn't play video games, but I'm totally with you on the outrage and fear. It just boggles my mind that people act/think this way and actually put it out into the world. I don't understand how people can have so much hate for their fellow human. I'm just appalled that there are so many uneducated, hateful people in the world.  I hope you find a way to get this reported and the game makers actually do something about it. Like @BertieMeetsGertie reminded us via Ellen we need to just be kind to one another.

TTC#1 10/2016
    TTC/IF:included medicated cycles, IUIs and 2 rounds of IVF with 1 embryo each. 
    BFP finally in 12/2018

TTC#2 06/2021
    planning FET

"Some days are diamonds, some days are rocks,
    some doors are open, some roads are blocked" 

• Y'all seriously this is how 4chan and all this goes. It's terrible but not surprising. White dudes getting radicalized online is real, and it's frustrating it isn't talked about more. 

As for twitter, I have like 10 followers, but I've had v good success lodging complaints if I @ the company enough times. Like, delta, virgin America, Comcast, hotels.com, sephora, etc etc have all finally fixed a huge f up because I tweeted them (after hours of no success on the phone or via email). I basically only use twitter for complaints. @vflux33

the reason twitter works for complaints is because social media community managers are given a certain amount of power to reduce the possibility of something going viral, etc. they're also chained to their phones/computers and want the buzzing to stop. 
  • @doxiemoxie212 Feel like Twitter complaining to EA games about blatant antisemitism among player's flags and usernames in Battlefield 1?  :#
  • @vflux33 they'll ask me for my username and for screen shots most likely, which I don't have... I could lie and pretend to be your H? But I think it would just be easier for him to make a Twitter specifically for this. lol
  • @doxiemoxie212 I don't think he took screenshots--he reported through the console and no screenshots were required. I guess he could take pics with his phone--I'll ask him to next time. I think he'd want to block out his name and avatar though so he wouldn't get in game death threats or whatever. 
  • @vflux33 they won't ask for his username publicly. They'll ask him to DM them and take it offline. But yea, I think screen shots are your best bet. 
  • Happy Birthday @charlestonchew!
    Me: 31 | DH: 34
    Together: September 29, 2009
    DS: January 15, 2013
    TFAS June 2017
  • @charlestonchew happy birthday!

@Cricket648 kids last day was yesterday
  • They made my prep during an assembly, and when I asked who would be watching my class, they said "There'll be people in there." 

Well good luck to them. Not my problem. 
    Me: 28 DH: 29
    Married: 6/2016
    TTC #1: 12/2016
    Benched due to deployment- Off the bench 8/8/17!

• @WillRunForWine21 my running group met at Dunkin this morning. So I ran 3. And then got the Peanut Butter Delight Croissant Donut.  Just finished my classroom so treated myself to that.  Yum!  (And I got H a Boston Cream for free!)
  • Is the bump giving anyone else THE WORST audible ads today? Usually it's bad if I accidentally hover over something, but today - ON EVERY SINGLE PAGE - it's like 3 ads all playing at once. 
  • @purplg8r Oh my, a peanut butter croissant donut sounds AMAZING. And the calories don't count on National Donut Day. There's totally science behind that lol.
    TFAS June 2017
  • TGIF!!! Someone changed my position on the schedule today which is a huge pet peeve of mine. I never ask for the schedule to be changed. Yes, some days I don't feel like working in certain parts of the clinic but it is OUR JOB and clearly stated in the job description! :s
    TFAS June 2017
  • elisekelisek member
    @doxiemoxie212 - YES, I have muted the tab (best internet addition since the invention of tabs in the first place IMO). they are super loud too.

Me: 28 | H: 29
    Married: October 2014
    TTC #1 March 2017
    Dx: PCOS - March 2018
    IUI #1: April 2018 BFN
    IUI #2: May 2018
  • @kiki75 Battlefield 1, which is made by EA games. 
  • @kiki75 No, I was wanting to do something similar. Post and runs are so annoying. This is a community, not your personal Google service!
    TFAS June 2017
  • Oh man. My mom is visiting and she made really good and strong margaritas with fresh lime juice. I am definitely drunk after one lol. I have no tolerance!!!
    TFAS June 2017
  • I'm rewatching early seasons of 'The Walking Dead.' I'm remembering what I liked it to begin with, but (potential TW/spoilers)

Lori is the worst frigging mother on Earth- how the hell does she never know where Carl is?!?! And it took her like no time to get pregnant. Not that I'd want to be pregnant in a zombie apocalypse, but ugh. Cannot stand Lori.

Me: 28 DH: 29
    Married: 6/2016
    TTC #1: 12/2016
    Benched due to deployment- Off the bench 8/8/17!

• Nothing like getting off a 12 hour overnight shift and wanting nothing but to crawl into bed only to walk out to the parking lot and discover your car has a flat tire  :(
    TTC History
    Me: 35 DH: 34
    Married 07/2012
    DD born 07/2014
    DD2 born 10/2018
    DS born 10/2022

IF history:
    TTC #2 since January 2016
    June-Aug 2017: 3 IUIs w/Clomid = BFN
    Sept 2017: Dx w/Endometriosis
    Oct 2017: IUI w/Letrozole = BFN
    Nov 2017: IUI w/Letrozole = BFN
    Dec 2017: pre-IVF testing
    Jan-Feb 2018: IVF--17 eggs retrieved, 13 fertilized, 9 frozen and 1 transferred on 2/10 = BFP on 2/19!!! EDD 10/29/2018
    FET Oct 2021: BFP on 10/31! MC at 5 weeks
    FET Feb 2022: BFP on 2/15! EDD 10/29/22

• @shortstack930 - Oh no! Hopefully it won't take long to change! Do you have to work tonight, too?
    Married 12/2016
    DSS born 01/2016
    TTC since 01/2017
  • @pebbledam yup I have to be back at 6:30  :s thank goodness my dad is awake so he's going to bring his compressor and see if he can just add enough air to get me home. If it's truly broken he'll change it but since it's an SUV there's no way I could do it on my own. 
    TTC History
    Married 07/2012
    DD born 07/2014
    DD2 born 10/2018
    DS born 10/2022

IF history:
    Jan-Feb 2018: IVF--17 eggs retrieved, 13 fertilized, 9 frozen and 1 transferred on 2/10 = BFP on 2/19!!! EDD 10/29/2018

• @shortstack930 - I feel for you. :-( I have zero patience for that sort of BS when I get off work. 
    Married 12/2016
    DSS born 01/2016
    TTC since 01/2017
  • @pebbledam right??? Like doesn't the universe know that working night shift is its own special torture and shit like this should not happen to us after work?? Ughhh. 
    TTC History
    Married 07/2012
    DD born 07/2014
    DD2 born 10/2018
    DS born 10/2022

IF history: