Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Chart Stalk and Questions 5/29

This is a thread where anyone can feel free to request a chart stalk, second-guess FF's interpretation, or post TTC-related questions, regardless of where in your cycle you are. Sometimes FF is wrong. That's where we come in. Get your second opinion here.

Re: Chart Stalk and Questions 5/29

• Options
    I'm wondering if there is anything unusal about the fact that I keep getting fertile CM really early (CD9-10) but by the time I actually O it has dried up? The earliest I have Oed is CD14 and last month I started to notice fertile CM at the exact same time but it became sticky/dry before the day of O? I don't know why this keeps happening. 
  • Options
    Hmmm that is really interesting... I don't know, but I wonder what the Creighton method people would say.  I learned cm tracking that way at my doctor's office, but there are instructors who teach it online as well or through the catholic church.  But then the doctors will treat through what they call Napro medicine.  Their goal is to get your cycle totally optimized, so that type of thing would probably be something they would want to address, I just don't know enough to say what they would advise to do about it. :/  and I'm not sure how much stock regular REs take in CM anyway.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @BusinessWife I've never heard of the Creighton method so I will have to look into that. I tried checking my cervical position for the first time ever today and I couldn't find it  :D it just felt squishy up there! 
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    @JJMNO1616 Is it possible that you're having slow rises?  
  • Options
    @antoto Its funny... for my first three cycles temping I did have slow rise patterns but for those cycles my fertile CM seemed to last longer. It's just been the last two cycles that I have noticed it dry up before O but my temp has immediately spiked on CD14, no slow rise. 
  • Options
    Maybe you could try pressed and/or green tea? 
  • Options
    @LoveInDC That could be it? I did know that was a possibility from reading that segment in the book. I actually brought that up to someone on here before lol I will have to keep a closer eye on what my CM does this week. The only reason for why I don't think that's happening is because my LP has stayed the same (12 days) based on my two previous cycles with CD14 O.  
  • Options
    I don't know your whole situation, @JJMNO1616 and I'm definitely not a doctor, but are you taking B6? And vitamin D? 100-200mg B6 was one of the very first things my doctor put me on, but I had a slightly different issue, mkre like a patch of fertile type cm <i>after</i> ovulation, (but no indication that would have been preventing me from getting ku, FTR, either).  The B6 is supposed to help regulate the LP somehow, and the vitamin D is because I happened to be borderline low, but a lot of women are, and it's important for ttc.  He also mentioned avoiding extra Vitamin C during FW which can be drying, and I know for me personally, I started getting much more noticeable CM eventually.... doing all the things.

You don't necessarily want to try adding all the things at once, bc then you don't know what if anything made a difference.  Like you could eventually try FertileCM and Fertilitea too, if you needed, which I also used, but start off maybe just with B6, vitamin D and green tea?  (Which are also pretty inexpensive).  You <i>are</i> getting fertile CM, it sounds like maybe you just want that fertile patch to last longer... so maybe more or less the normal CM boosting stuff could help?
  • Options
    @BusinessWife hmm how interesting about avoiding extra vitamin C during the fertile window. 
  • Options
    starlastarla member
    I'm having a weird post-O temp rise. If it wasn't for the blazing +OPK I would have thought O hasn't happened yet. I just have that one higher temp and FF put my CL very low. Thoughts?

Other charts: https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/63f71d

Me: 34 | DH: 33
    Married Aug. 2013
    TTC #1 Sep. 2016
    ***TW***
    BFP Jan. 15, 2017; MMC Mar. 4, 2017 at 10w6d
    BFP Jun. 5, 2017; MMC Aug. 2, 2017 at 11w6d
    BFP Nov. 20, 2017; ended in CP
    All the tests. Everything normal except treated for ureaplasma and DH potentially has high DNAF.
    BFP Dec. 25, 2017; EDD Sep. 5, 2018; DD arrived Aug. 26th
    My chart: https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/63f71d

• Options
    @starla IDK, my charts often look like yours. I have slow post-o temp rises. I think it depends where they end up in the next few days, but your other symptoms all point to FF being right about CH. 
  • Options
    @starla Mine did the same thing last month! 

• Options
    I'm really struggling this week, guys. I know that you're normal until you're not, but I swear that I used to have normal cycles. I had the nexplanon implant in for 15 months and removed it 6 months ago. Based on all of the literature regarding nexplanon removal, I really thought I would at least be ovulating on a regular basis. Is there anyone here that had nexplanon or implanon? Should I escalate this to my OB or just keep waiting? I'm fairly certain I have ovulated in 3 times in the last 6 months, which is better than nothing. The other factor that is lurking in the back of my mind is that I gained 30 pounds in that 15 months with the implant. Losing weight is hard enough as it is, but all I want to do right now is eat my TTC-related emotions. Sorry for the DD. Feel free to prescribe me a chill pill. 
    Me: 29 | DH: 29
    Married 12/2016
    DSS born 01/2016
    TTC since 01/2017
    Letrozole + TI = BFP 01/30/2018 | EDD 10/11/2018
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @pebbledam I don't have any experience with nexplanon or implanon, but I don't think it could hurt to talk to your OB at this point. 
    Me: 27 | DH: 27
    Married: 10/2013
    TTC #1 Since: 02/2017
  • Options
    Does anyone want to help me determine o? FF is stating that I appear to have around cd9-12 but that I don't have 3 high temps or +OPK to confirm.  This is month one temping.

• Options
    @olive_lane I don't think you have ovulated yet
  • Options
    @olive_lane FF doesn't seem to be saying that you've O'd yet. Is there something else that is making you think that you have?
  • Options
    @olive_lane I agree that it is pretty impossible to tell with that chart. It looks like you stopped temping after CD17. Is there a reason? I only find my charts to be helpful if I temp every day (or nearly every day) of a cycle. 
    Me: 31 | DH: 34
    Together: September 29, 2009
    DS: January 15, 2013
    TFAS June 2017
  • Options
    adiratadirat member
    @grnmtnmama Today is her CD17. You can see the dates at the top.

• Options
    adirat said:
    @grnmtnmama Today is her CD17. You can see the dates at the top.

Oh my bad, it looked like she marked "headache" for a bunch of days later in the cycle but I was looking at the wrong line. @olive_lane You will just need to keep temping to know for sure when you O'd. 
    Me: 31 | DH: 34
    Together: September 29, 2009
    DS: January 15, 2013
    TFAS June 2017
  • Options
    @JennyColada I was using one of the analyzer as it said I have enough data and to check it out. There it stated I "appeared" to have o on those date. 

@adirat thanks for your note- it didn't seem right but I must have lost the instruction manual that came with my body (bad joke-okay to eye roll)

@grnmtnmama thanks for the help!
  • Options
    @olive_lane I agree that it is pretty impossible to tell with that chart. It looks like you stopped temping after CD17. Is there a reason? I only find my charts to be helpful if I temp every day (or nearly every day) of a cycle. 
    CD17 is today. :P
  • Options
    adiratadirat member

@adirat thanks for your note- it didn't seem right but I must have lost the instruction manual that came with my body (bad joke-okay to eye roll)

@grnmtnmama thanks for the help!
    Hey, we all need one! Imagine my surprise when I realized that my CM and temps never line up (I always get fertile CM 1-2 days after temp spike/ovulation confirmed by ultrasound once). It happens.

• Options
    edited June 2017
    @olive_lane, I'll agree with others who've said you haven't ovulated yet, but will add that your actual temps are still low, which would further argue that you're pre-o. What temps are normal varies from person to person, but these are definitely in that range.

Me: 30 | DH: 31
    Met: August 2006
    Married: July 2012
    TTC #1 since June 2016

***TW***

BFP: 7/12/16 | MC: 9/12/16
    BFP: 1/18/17 | MMC: 2/13/17
    BFP: 10/7/17 | EDD: 6/21/17

MTHFR: homozygous A1298C
  • Options
    @icecubeinthedesert is there a range that temps usually spike? Is it a few hundredths or a full point?
  • Options
    @olive_lane, I think that might vary too, but mine are usually .5 to .8 degrees up?

TTC #1 since June 2016

***TW***

• Options
    @adirat, good point about temps, which is why I noted that actual temps vary by person. I just thought that in addition to a lack of other signs adding up it made sense in this case.

TTC #1 since June 2016

***TW***

• Options
    elisekelisek member
    @olive_lane - I don't remember where I read it, but I think FF only requires a .3-.4 rise. My rises these 3 cycles have not been significant and I've gotten solid CH for each. I hope it makes sense for you with more temps in there!

Me: 28 | H: 29
    Married: October 2014
    TTC #1 March 2017
    Dx: PCOS - March 2018
    IUI #1: April 2018 BFN
    IUI #2: May 2018
  • Options
    pelomamapelomama member
    edited June 2017
    Hi! I wanted to pop in and intro - I'm Bosco, I've been a member of the bump & TCF for nearly 3 years. I used to play in TTGP on the bump and I'm a reg on July 15. I have a nearly 2 year old daughter and we're TTC for #2. I need somewhere to dump all my ttc thoughts...I told myself I wouldn't be so stressy about it this go 'round but ::shrug::

I'm a bit rusty on my charting skills - can someone take a peek for me? This is month 2 of TTC, and I've been getting SUPER long LH surges (I'm on day 6 of super clear/strong positives this month). Dr google tells me this isn't normal. Also, FF is having my O as CD16, but I got my 2 most obvious positives on CD17 and 18 (I denoted those as peak because they were the darkest I've ever seen).

Help? Thanks for welcoming me into your community!

www.fertilityfriend.com/home/4a61e5

(ETA: I didn't think this was my username, whoops. Is that changeable?)
    Read more:  https://aplacetomeet.freeforums.net/thread/1049/intro-chart-stalk#ixzz4irK5oduh

Furbaby (Oscar) | 12/9/2010
    DD | 7/3/2015 
    DS | 2/20/2018
    LO#3 | EDD: 10/11/2020 TEAM GREEN!
  • Options
    @cfrenia You can change your bump username but logging into the knot and going to account settings there. Change the name, log out of the bump and back in. That's what I did to change mine. 

Me: 35, Hubbie: 33
    Married DH: 2013
    DD: Dec 2015
    BFP 8/14/17 --> Due 4/27/2018

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    elisekelisek member
    edited June 2017
    @cfrenia - welcome! have you been BF or on BC prior to TTC this time? My guess is that you haven't quite ovulated yet, but it will take a few more days of temps to know for sure. Sometimes there is an LH surge that doesn't result in O and sometimes your body will try again with a second surge. It looks like last time around you were not a stranger to multiple LH surges in a month. Other than that, are you confident in your OPK reading skills? 

Me: 28 | H: 29
    Married: October 2014
    TTC #1 March 2017
    Dx: PCOS - March 2018
    IUI #1: April 2018 BFN
    IUI #2: May 2018
  • Options
    elisek said:
    @cfrenia - welcome! have you been BF or on BC prior to TTC this time? My guess is that you haven't quite ovulated yet, but it will take a few more days of temps to know for sure. Sometimes there is an LH surge that doesn't result in O and sometimes your body will try again with a second surge. It looks like last time around you were not a stranger to multiple LH surges in a month. Other than that, are you confident in your OPK reading skills? 
    Hi, thanks! I stopped BF in February. I had a paragaurd that I got removed about 6 weeks ago, so no hormones.

and yep, you're right - I had multiple surges the month I conceived my daughter. 

Funny thing is, I was off BC for a year before ttc (using condoms), and my cycle was textbook - same while I was using paragaurd. The first cycle we TTC this time and last time - delayed ovulation. SO weird...it's like thinking about ovulation makes me not ovulate or something!
    DD | 7/3/2015 
    DS | 2/20/2018
  • Options
    Oh and yes - I'm confident that the days I marked positive were for sure positive. 
    DD | 7/3/2015 
    DS | 2/20/2018