PGAL Check-In 5/30 — The Bump
July 2017 Moms

PGAL Check-In 5/30

Happy Tuesday!

This thread is for July moms who have previously suffered a loss (miscarriage, stillbirth, etc).

Let's all do a little intro, as a reminder and for those that weren't around when we did the first time! 

How far along are you? 

How are you doing? 

When is your next appointment? And/Or What milestone are you next looking forward to?

Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes: 

Any questions you want to ask the group?

GTKY: T-minus 4-8 weeks.  How's the prep going?  What's finished and what do you still need to get done before baby arrives?

Re: PGAL Check-In 5/30

• Let's all do a little intro, as a reminder and for those that weren't around when we did the first time! 
    mmc in July2016.  Passed naturally at what should have been 12w

How far along are you? 
    33wk5d

How are you doing? 
    Physically I'm getting more and more uncomfortable.  I can sleep for about an hour before my hip hurts and I have to roll over.  Same with sitting, walking, or pretty much any other activity.  Mentally, I keep flipping between "it's cool, we got this, whenever baby wants to come we'll be ready" and "OMG!  We're going to be responsible for a tiny human sometime in the next two months!  Must read all the baby-rearing advice I can find!"

When is your next appointment? And/Or What milestone are you next looking forward to?
    Check in on Thursday.  I think the 36wk appt is the next medical milestone because it will be the last ultrasound and then I go to weekly appointments.  Things are getting real!  Next non-medical milestone is two other soon-to-be mommy friends having their babies (one friend was due this past weekend, the other is due in two weeks). Once their babies are outside I'll really know that I'm close!

Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes: 
    Found out this weekend that my SIL is pregnant again.  We all have some judgements about this (including all of DH's family).  I'm bummed in my own way.  I already felt a little like our baby didn't get the same yea-grandbaby! treatment that the others did, and now there's literally another baby for my kiddo to compete with, who will live blocks away from grandma/grandpa, instead of the other side of the country.

GTKY: T-minus 4-8 weeks.  How's the prep going?  What's finished and what do you still need to get done before baby arrives?
    On the one hand, I feel like prep is moving into the final phase, and if baby came next week it would be craziness, but I could give quick enough instructions to wrap up my work projects and place one mega-order from Amazon Prime and a trip to Target to get the rest of what I need.  On the other hand, I have not washed a single piece of baby clothing, have no crib bedding or newborn size diapers in the house, and still need to line up a breastfeeding/newborn-prep class.  So much to do!
    Xathcarol113
  • tuxielove93tuxielove93
    500 Love Its 1000 Comments Second Anniversary Photogenic
    edited June 2017
    Let's all do a little intro, as a reminder and for those that weren't around when we did the first time! Miscarriage at 5 weeks in July 2015, passed naturally. 

How far along are you? 34 weeks. Found out yesterday that they won't stop labor anymore, so EEK, But also YAY! 

How are you doing? Pretty good. General pregnancy discomfort. I feel like I'm finally getting used to being pregnant and getting good at dealing with it, and now it's almost over. Maybe next time I'll be prepared??

When is your next appointment? And/Or What milestone are you next looking forward to? Had one yesterday. Very excited to make it to 37 weeks so I can deliver at my birthing center. 

Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes: Just so very happy that I made it this far with this pregnancy. I never even thought I would make it past 8 weeks, so I'm so grateful to have made it here. 

Prep is good. I've bought and set up everything in the house except for a pacifier that is perpetually unavailable. But, I still have to get the pediatrician form signed, get the car seat installed, take the birthing class, and pack the hospital bags. 

ETA: I totally forgot to put this in, but you guys would understand. I finally feel confident enough that I'm not going to hurt the baby that I'm able to do some really basic stretching. I can't do a lot, but cat cows, butterflies, and rolling on the birthing ball are all things I feel comfortable doing, and being that confident in my pregnancy is really nice. 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
    Started dating: July 1st, 2013
    Engaged: July 1st, 2014
    Married: July 1st, 2016
    DS born: July 8th, 2017
    Baby #2 Due: July 2nd, 2019 
    (we clearly have a problem with the month of July)
    Xathcarol113
  • Loading the player...
  • XathXath
    Eighth Anniversary 1000 Comments 500 Love Its Photogenic
    Let's all do a little intro, as a reminder and for those that weren't around when we did the first time! 

My DD1 passed away at 28 hours old in 2012 due to unexpected complications from prematurity (born at 35w+6d).  MC at 7 weeks in November 2015. 

How far along are you? 35w+4d

How are you doing? This week is a big one for me.  DS2 was born at 35w+2 so I'm already more pregnant than I've been in the last 4 years.  On Saturday I'll hit the milestone where DD1 was born. I'm a bit anxious and keep prodding my belly to make sure DD2 is ok.  

When is your next appointment? And/Or What milestone are you next looking forward to? Next appointment is on 8 June.  When I first got pregnant I told this baby she needed to wait until at least June to be born and we've made it.  Saturday will be a big day for me and on Sunday I'll be 36 weeks which will be the most pregnant I've ever been since my first.

Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes: Rant: Insomnia. Rave: I picked up a nearly new Halo Bassinet for $100 through our local yard sale site.  I wasn't going to spend money on one since this is our last baby, but I couldn't pass up that deal and my H was 100% on board.

I'm scheduled for a cesarean on 15 June and yesterday was the 2 week mark.  Holy crap!  I'm not mentally prepared but I'm also super excited. I want to re-pack my hospital bag--we threw everything together when we had a bit of a scare and had to go in last week, but I want to fix it.  I guess it's about time to install the car seat base too.  

Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture 
     DS1 - 7/2011, DD 12/2012, DS2 - 4/2014, MMC - 12/2015
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    optbaby2017carol113fiorip
  • @Xath Congratulations on hitting such big milestones. I can't believe your c-section is only 2 weeks away. That seems so exciting! Hoping you have a very uneventful next 2 weeks so baby can come as planned. 

3 mc in 2016

How far along are you? 32 + 5

How are you doing? Tired. Really hoping to get some better sleep in the next couple weeks before she gets here, but I don't really think it's going to happen. 

When is your next appointment? And/Or What milestone are you next looking forward to? Just had one yesterday, so 2 more weeks until the next appointment. 36 weeks is my big "get everything finished" date projection and next ultrasound. 

Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes: The next few weeks really need to uneventful for me. My OB is going out of town for 2 weeks (although there are plenty of backup options) then my husband will be out of the country for a few days. 

For the nursery we really just need to get decorations on the walls and wash clothes. Waiting to do amazon completion order, but nothing is really crucial on there. Car seat needs to be installed. Bags need to be packed. Would like to do a bit more work on the rest of the house feeling more settled. 
    Xathoptbaby2017