August 2017 Moms
Options

Thursday Ticker Change 6/1

How far along are you? 

How big is baby? 

Upcoming appointments this week?

Any new symptoms or changes?

Rants/Raves/Questions?

GTKY: When friends/family come to you for advice, what kind of advice are they usually looking for?

***TW in Siggy***
Me: 34 / DH: 33
Married: Nov 2011
TTC #1: Jan 2013, BFP Sept 2013, DD: June 2014
TTC #2: Aug 2016, BFP Nov 2016, DS: August 2017
BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Thursday Ticker Change 6/1

• Options

How far along are you? 31 weeks

How big is baby? bunch of asparagus

Upcoming appointments this week? nope

Any new symptoms or changes? nope

Rants/Raves/Questions? Y'all, I made the most perfect grilled cheese last night. I was so proud I took a picture and sent it to a few close friends. Evenly browned on both sides. I've never accomplished that before. 

GTKY: When friends/family come to you for advice, what kind of advice are they usually looking for? Usually just a level-headed, realistic, rationale take on whatever happens to be going on. I'm good at taking the emotion out of things and helping people see logic. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

@DeansGirl14 Your grilled cheese sounds amazing and I'm totally having one for lunch now.

How far along are you? 29 weeks!

How big is baby? A pineapple.

Upcoming appointments this week? Next Thursday is my first every two weeks appointment.

Any new symptoms or changes? Sleeping has become more difficult.  But it's more of interruptions to get up and pee.

Rants/Raves/Questions? Rant:  If my MIL asks, "Are you sure it isn't twins?" one more time, I'm going to punch that old lady.  

Rave:  Have you tried Tate's Chocolate Chip Cookies???  They're amazing.  I came across a silly article about the Barefoot Contessa lady and she mentioned them, so I bought them.  I've seen them on the shelf before, but never tried them.  They're my favorite EVER now!

GTKY: When friends/family come to you for advice, what kind of advice are they usually looking for?  Family comes to me asking for advice on buying cheap plane tickets.  Which is a sideways way of asking for a buddy pass.  

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @maryallisont buddy passes eh? My husband is an airline employee too!- but with only about 5 years seniority. I think he scared everyone off the buddy pass process ("you'll never get to Vegas or Orlando anyway") so no one asks but his closest family. We've gone on a couple weekenders with friends though which is cool. 
    DH is the family travel agent even if people aren't using passes. He has a knack for finding the best fares regardless of airline, the best car rental prices, etc. He's so good with the flight load analytics that his coworkers ask him for pass rider travel advice, and he never tells people where we're going so they don't realize it's a good idea and bump us!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

How far along are you? 30 weeks!

How big is baby? Zucchini, which is backwards in my brain...we grow our own and they're the size of a full term baby haha!

Upcoming appointments this week? Tuesday starts my every two week-ers 

Any new symptoms or changes? BH I THINK, super uncomfortable cramping that goes away after a bit...generally just in the evening for the past few days. 

Rants/Raves/Questions? Rant, at myself/my anxiety. I've wanted to fly home while pregnant to see people who can't fly out for the shower....but it's given me slightly irrational anxiety to fly pregnant. I put it off for too long, was gonna go next weekend, but it's a busy miles weekend so can't use them and pretty much everyone has plans already.  Not going now and super upset with myself for wussing out. 

GTKY: When friends/family come to you for advice, what kind of advice are they usually looking for? Computer help or research on just about anything; I love scouring the internet/books for information.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

How far along are you? 31 weeks

How big is baby? romaine lettuce, asparagus. Last weeks ultrasound estimated 3lb 3 oz

Upcoming appointments this week? no. Just had my injection today. Five more to go. Next week, another u/s and ob appt

Any new symptoms or changes? nothing new. 

Rants/Raves/Questions? worried that baby has been transverse. Dr says no need to worry yet. I just pray she turns bc I want another vaginal birth

GTKY: When friends/family come to you for advice, what kind of advice are they usually looking for? medical or psych questions (psych rn). Baby advice (stm) 

• Options

How far along are you? 29 weeks, last of my 20's...

How big is baby? Pineapple or acorn squash

Upcoming appointments this week? Monday, just a regular check-up. I feel like I have this build up of questions, but when I'm there, I go blank. 

Any new symptoms or changes? Getting bigger, and belly is feeling itchy. I'm trying not to scratch. I feel more moves and kicks, she's kick as I'm typing...

Rants/Raves/Questions? I have two showers this weekend, yikes! Saturday and Sunday with two different group of friends. Will be fun! 

GTKY: When friends/family come to you for advice, what kind of advice are they usually looking for? Hmm, lately it's been lots of wedding advice from my sister. Other than that, restaurant choices...

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

How far along are you?

31 weeks 

How big is baby? 

16.25 inches

Tomorrow. Just the usual check-up.

Had some blood pressure issues (sudden drop) this last weekend. Hasn't happened since, so hopefully it was just a freak thing. I have also started getting achy in my lower belly area, and my lower back. LO is moving around so much (kick counts have been 10 in less than 10 mins!), and now it is a healthy mixture of kicks/punches, rolls, and even hiccups!

Rants/Raves/Questions?

RAVE: The roommate is FINALLY out! Yaaaaaaaay! We gave the room a thorough cleaning (dusting, vacuuming, cleaned carpet) and now all of the baby stuff is in the room and out of my dining room. Feels amazing to finally have my house back. Got the nursery started. Hung up the artwork I had, DH built the crib and put it in it's place. The dresser, toy chest, and rocker are in their places as well. Now I have to wait for the baby shower to finish the rest.

QUESTION: Anyone know of some good exercises for third trimester? I used to walk, but it is getting harder. I get out-of-breath easily and I feel like if I slow it down I'm not benefiting from the exercise. I've been transitioning to pool exercises, but its been oddly COLD for May/June here in So-Cal.

GTKY: When friends/family come to you for advice, what kind of advice are they usually looking for?

Usually I get asked about financial stuff (taxes, budgeting, bills, etc.) because they know I get it, and can explain it to them in simple terms. I also get asked about using Microsoft Office a lot, even though I am totally self-taught.

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

How far along are you? 

31 weeks. The countdown is in single digits now!!! 

How big is baby? 

Asparagus according to TB. I think their choices of food comparisons is really off. I've never seen a 16 in bunch of asparagus. Ovia says he is the size of a foam finger which is much more accurate but then it's weird thinking/saying I have a foam finger in me :-) 

I have my regular check up on Tuesday. 

I feel huge and super uncomfortable. BH are every day and just make me uncomfortable. 

Rants/Raves/Questions?

Rave and Rant: we are on vacation at Legoland and we are having a blast! This was a much needed vacay for our family! It has been so hard for me to fully enjoy it because I'm so uncomfortable and 6+ hours in the park, even with frequent breaks, has been awful. Today is our last full day and I'm sad I couldn't do more. But it was great watching my kiddos enjoy themselves! 

I'm like @DeansGirl14 people come to me for level headed logic. My BF is very emotional when she is upset so she often asks me if she is being irrational. I tend to give her direct advice that isn't based on emotion. 

• Options

How far along are you?  31 wks

How big is baby?  Asparagus 

Upcoming appointments this week?  Had one on Tuesday. Just a normal checkup and everything is looking good.

Any new symptoms or changes? Since it's getting hotter, swelling. Also, lots more sudden bladder pressure and this sudden urges to pee.

Rants/Raves/Questions? We spent the day at the Omaha Zoo (which is an amazing zoo) and it was in the 80's. I was shocked I made it through the day ok. I wore my sexy compression sock on my one foot/leg that swells while also in shorts. Wow did I look super hot ;). I had a (non-pregnant) lady tell me she was wearing the same ones under her pants  :D

GTKY: When friends/family come to you for advice, what kind of advice are they usually looking for?  Lots of times it's financial advice which can get awkward. Otherwise it's domestic things like cooking, gardening, sewing, etc.

***TW in Siggy***
    Me: 34 / DH: 33
    Married: Nov 2011
    TTC #1: Jan 2013, BFP Sept 2013, DD: June 2014
    TTC #2: Aug 2016, BFP Nov 2016, DS: August 2017
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Options

How far along are you? 27 weeks

How big is baby? lettuce?

Upcoming appointments this week? I had one on Tuesday.  Everything still looking good, but baby A flipped back to breech position.

Any new symptoms or changes? just getting harder to move.

Rants/Raves/Questions? I've been quiet this past week because a close friend of mine/mom in my other BMB passed away last week.  Things have been so surreal and I feel like I'm finally waking up from a fog. 

GTKY: When friends/family come to you for advice, what kind of advice are they usually looking for? normally they just come for a shoulder to lean on and an ear to listen.  I don't offer advice unless asked, but I'm good at hearing them out. 

• Options
    Oh no, @taylormarie923 I'm sorry for your loss. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    taylormarie923 So sorry for your loss!

BabyFetus Ticker