August 2017 Moms
Options

Twat Tuesday 5/30

DS1: 8/2012 <3 DS2  8/2017 <3 DS3 10/2018 

Re: Twat Tuesday 5/30

• Options
    My body is a twat. With my good friend Google I have diagnosed myself with cholestasis. Just drove 45 minutes in a monsoon to get blood drawn which took all of 10 minutes. 
  • Options
    NxyNxy member
    My MIL who suddenly is mad because I told her she can come visit in October because my mom is staying August till mid September. She just went off about how we always put my family first and it's her grandson too. Lady. I don't want you here because I don't have room for you. The closest hotel is 35 minutes away and you'd have to rent a car. Where as if you come in October, you can stay here and my car will seat you and you'll have more quality time with the kids.. But No..  wanting MY MOM here for me incase my husband is still half a world away when I go into labor is selfish. Not to mention my mom doesn't work a conventional job so she's got the flexibility to be here for a month and a half and MIL can only be here for two weeks tops. Wouldn't it be better to be here for sure after the baby is born so you aren't just waiting around for him to be born? Wouldn't it suck if you tried to book for his due date and he went late and you didn't see him at all?? I told her she could discuss this further with DH because I'm done with it. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @Nxy that sounds rough and you have great reasoning for doing it the way you are. I hope DH supports you, especially since he may not be there for the labor-whoever you want is who gets to be there!
    TW: 
    1 infant loss
    8/17: Our daughter was born
    8/18: Our daughter kicked open heart surgery ass
    2/19: We lost our son to Prader-Willi/Paradoxical Vocal Cord/ Noonans at 6wks old 
    4/26/2020: EDD for baby #3!!!
  • Options
    @Nxy How frustrating! I hope you said all that to her and like smallbutmighty said, I hope your DH has your back. Your reasonings are very rational for her coming in October. I feel like we, as daughters, want our mothers first (for the most part) before our MIL. The relationships are different and that's ok!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    tova24tova24 member
    @Nxy I'm so sorry. Your logic sounds spot on. Sounds like your MIL is trying to make the situation about her and not seeing what your needs are. I would totally try to get DH to talk to her. 

My my hormones are twat like this week. I haven't been hormonal this whole pregnancy, then BAM, im crying over frozen pizza.  
  • Options
    My TW is work. We have alternate school days that we can use in case we have snow days so the school year doesn't get longer. So we had some snow days this year and so I didn't get a 5 day Memorial weekend. This would have been a day off, and I'm so salty about it. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    My TW is the acquaintance *not friend* that felt the need to text me her entire birth story today and how everything went wrong, simply because she heard I was planning an unmedicated birth and so was she until everything went to the sh*tter and wanted me to know that everything can go wrong and I need to prepare for my birth going terribly. And the same for breastfeeding.

Why thank you, acquaintance, that is so very helpful and uplifting to a mom to be.

@Nxy woof. Tell your MIL to take a hike. I couldn't be around mine for two weeks so tell her she's lucky.
  • Options
    donehuedonehue member
    @Nxy that is brutal. I hope DH has your back.  I am just off a long weekend with my MIL and am pretty sure they all deserve the TW designation. Nothing was too painful, but we have absolutely nothing in common other than thyroid disease (which she tries to turn into an interesting subject every visit) and the fact that she too was once pregnant (yes, please tell me again how little weight you gained). She also can't handle the fact that DH is in charge of cooking in our house (we both work, I do laundry/cleaning/kids, he happily does cooking and property maintenance). I'm clearly a neglectful wife...

@SouthernMama15 hope you feel better soon!

@mrsmatt1212 I feel like negativity just follows some people - sounds like this aquaintance might be one of them. You've got this!

DD#1: 5/29/12

DD#2: 1/14/15

Baby #3 on the way due 8/19/17

• Options
    NxyNxy member
    DH just asks me what he needs to say to her so he's got my back. It bugs the f out of me because hearing that from me gets drama same exact thing from him oh it's totally fine I understand.  :|

@mrsmatt1212  DH will be home by then and he does a really good job of keeping us apart without her realizing it somehow. As long as she doesn't try and tell me how to parent it'll probably end without me being arrested.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @SouthernMama15 Ugh I hate google sometimes. I'm glad you got tested though- better safe than sorry. When do you get the results back?

@Nxy I semi feel your pain. DH's parents are coming over from Europe for two weeks around my due date. Luckily we have room to host them plus my mom/dad if they choose to stay with us. But seriously, can we have some space? I am not passing DD around like a doll so everyone can hold her while I clean the house. I'm glad you and your mom will have this quality time. She must be so excited!

My TW today is the new hire that I have to train. We have this weird back to back cube set up so you're basically sharing one big desk with two monitors. So of course she sat in my area today. She kept interrupting me while I was clearly trying to work on stuff with my back turned to her. Extra annoying since I don't really need her to see how often I bump at work. Messing with my routine grrr. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    My TW is my supervisor. She knew when I started that I was expecting (I started at 20 weeks) and she said no problem we'll work out the details later. No big deal except I've been asking her every week when she wanted to sit down and map out my estimated schedule. She sends an email to a different supervisor that was working today (not technically my specific supervisor) saying that before clients there this morning I need to give her my plan. This was at 8:20, clients arrive at 8:30. I at least knew my plan but it's still frustrating when I've been asking to talk about this for a while and then all the sudden today it's some big rush. 
  • Options
    @secicc12 They said a couple days. I'm trying to stay away from Google because it's freaking me out. Definitely rather be safe than sorry, though 
  • Options
    NxyNxy member
    @secicc12 the biggest reason I picked my mom over anyone is because she's such an amazingly helpful person WITH an awesome sense of boundaries. She'll come and help me where I need it but she also isn't going to be all over me all the time. So I'm not going to feel guilty that she isn't being treated like guest because that's not what she expects.
    She's so excited she texts me every couple days "68 days left!" "66 days left" which of course gives me like instant nausea because I'm due like 10 days after she gets here 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @nxy my MIL is helpful, but I want my mama if I need someone. 
  • Options
    @SouthernMama15 is your whole body itchy at night or just your feet. I have been having my whole body just be super itchy at night and during the day I am fine. My best friend actually had cholestasis her last pregnancy and they gave some sort of medication, but she was farther along than us and it wasn't too bad.
  • Options
    @jadkins2 it's all over. Even my head. It was awful last night. I did read that they can give you a medicine to help filter the bile and it's supposed to help with the itching. I'm hoping I get my results soon.  I can deal with the discomfort, but I want to know my baby is ok.  I'm obsessively kick counting. 
  • Options

I understand completely! hope you get your answer soon. I am trying to keep an eye on mine. I am planning on brining it up my next visit next Friday. If I can manage to wait that long.

• Options
    @SouthernMama15 Let us know how the blood test comes back! I had no idea about cholestasis so I googled it and it sounds miserable. So glad you're listening to your gut and being proactive about this.

Together: January 2002
    Married: May 2008
    Baby: August 2017

Clearly we like to rush along at lightning speed...

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @Mango517 thank you!  I'm so thankful that my doctor is supportive. I've read lots of stories about mamas getting brushed off. 
  • Options
    this mess of string DH asked me to unravel for him while he's at work is a TW and a half. he's working on putting a fence around our property and apparently doesn't know how to put a string back on the roll nice and neat. i've been working on it for 30 min so far 
  • Options
    tova24tova24 member
    @breanna428 I'm in love with all that hardwood! Personally, I would have given up on that knot mess 20 minutes ago and hightailed it to Home Depot! 
  • Options
    @tova24 thanks! DH built our house our living room and all
    of our bathrooms are cedar and the rest of the house is pine.    
    i probably would have given up too but i'm bored waiting on DD to wake up and watching supernatural while i work on it lol 
  • Options
    tova24tova24 member
    @breanna428 he built a whole house!!! That's incredible. Looks absolutely gorgeous. 
  • Options
    @breanna428 I used to work retail and I liked/was really good at untangling things, so the week before inventory they would just send me home with all the knotted jewelry and let me 'work from home' for the week b/c it would save them money if I could save the jewelry. I loved it. Seriously, it relieves my stress doing something like that. Weird, I know, but I wish I could still do that one part of the job.
    TW: 
    1 infant loss
    2/19: We lost our son to Prader-Willi/Paradoxical Vocal Cord/ Noonans at 6wks old 
  • Options
    donehuedonehue member
    seriously @breanna428 - so cool that he built the house! what state (or country) are you guys in? I hope he is using all those skills to make an awesome nursery!

• Options
    @donehue   we're in south carolina and i won't let him touch the nursery actually lol i'm the decorator he would leave it plain white with no decor if it were up to him.   he actually wanted to build DD a bed when she moved out of her crib but i wouldn't let him so that either. he's good a building a house but like i said about the nursery he would have made it out of 2x4s and probably leave it at that lol. 
  • Options
    Ha, too funny! My husband is surrounded by decorators (me and my 2 girls), and will build/paint whatever we tell him to. He is in finance 50+ hours a week so he is not a pro at all and takes a while, but he definitely earns lots of bonus points every time he makes me house project dreams come true. He has been VERY busy this pregnancy!

• Options
    My parents- My 6yo niece is coming to visit this week for just a few days. My parents are super excited, but they are also a little 'competitive' which is great b/c she just got back from AZ with my BIL parents and got to feed giraffes and swim with dolphins, so somehow I am the one who is supposed to find something in Chicago that compares. Like WTF people, it isn't that hot next week, she is here for like 2 days, and my mother has a walker/wheelchair. No pressure! We already planned the field museum, but she loves animals and I'm not so sure a week after swimming with dolphins I can pull some magic out of nowhere. 
    TW: 
    1 infant loss
  • Options
    tova24tova24 member
    @smallbutmighty77 if she's still feeling the water mammal vibes, the Shedd has the whale experience package. Or, check and see if Ravinia in Highland Park has any concerts on the yard (even the classical CSO concerts are great; especially when you pick up a cheese plate!). The botanical garden (still in highland park) is great too. For the 6 year old, butterfly house by the nature museum. 
  • Options
    I know it's not Thursday anymore, but whoever wired our house is a TW. No one over labeled our fuse box and the breaker flipped to the microwave and refrigerator. DH is working late and DS is hungry and screaming because I have to go figure out which fuse it is.
  • Options
    NxyNxy member
    @SouthernMama15 don't your fuses get... loose when they pop?
    Mine are all in German so if they didn't wiggle when they pop I'd just be guessing. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @Nxy It popped back and it was almost back in place. I was so annoyed and distracted I almost missed it.  
  • Options
    NxyNxy member
    @SouthernMama15 that makes sense. I can barely figure out what light switches go where when DD is yelling. Glad you found it though!!
    BabyFruit Ticker