September 2017 Moms

High Risk Check-In 5/31

Welcome to any new posters! 

This check in is for anyone diagnosed with a high-risk condition that needs increased monitoring or testing so that we can discuss our conditions and support each other. I'd like to pray for each of you in my daily prayers! If you're not comfortable, just leave it blank. 

How far along are you?

Why are you high-risk?

Any additional monitoring or testing this week?

Any concerns/news currently?

Anything I can pray for you specifically about right now? 

GTKY: What have you done or bought so far for this baby?

Me: 27 years old            DH: 27 years old
Type 1 Diabetes since 2001, MTHFR hetero A1298T
Dogs: Raider 4 yrs, Dex 4 yrs
Married in July 2014
TTC #1 since late Feb 2016
BFP #1 3/29/16     MMC: 5/5/16
BFP #2 7/6/16    SCH, D&C 8/4/16
BFP #3 12/26/16     EDD: 9/6/17
My Chart / My Diabetes/Pregnancy Blog
My Type 1/TTC/Pregnancy Podcast: 
Juicebox Podcast Episode 118
A1Cs:
1/12/16 6.7%
5/25/16 6.0%
11/2/16 6.1%
3/22/16 5.8%
4/27/17 5.4%
6/13/17 5.3%

"Sugar Fancy Tutu"

Re: High Risk Check-In 5/31

• How far along are you? 26 weeks! 

Why are you high-risk? Type 1 DM, MTHFR 

I skip this week and then go back next week.

- I had my MFM appt on Friday. Little girl is still measuring appropriately and at 25+2 weighed 1 lb 12 oz. She was also frank breech :# . I will continue to go every 3 weeks for growth scans. My mom and my sister came and it was their first ultrasound. I'm concerned if MIL comes next time I'll get not good news or something. 

- I did my 24 hour urine last week and got results over the weekend. My protein came back elevated. It's a baseline to see if it goes up at all... but I'm bummed. Is it pregnancy? Is it diabetes? Is it the start of pre-e?

That little girl grows proportionally and doesn't get too big, and that protein in my urine stays under control and leads to no complications.

We painted a nursery wall, selected and paid for our nursery furniture. We have all the baby hangers in the closet from when we were all babies, and we got my mom's rocking chair. Furniture will be delivered next week!

Married in July 2014
    A1Cs:
    1/12/16 6.7%
    5/25/16 6.0%
    11/2/16 6.1%
    3/22/16 5.8%
    4/27/17 5.4%
    6/13/17 5.3%

"Sugar Fancy Tutu"
  • Breath_Easy92Breath_Easy92 member
    edited May 2017

How far along are you?

26 weeks 2 days
    Why are you high-risk?
    Grade 1 placental abruption 
    No appointments this week hopefully!

Im doing okay, still stable. I think the spotting Friday was from the transvaginal ultrasounds so it's been a week since any bleeding. My husband leaves for a 2 week training camp (Army) this Saturday and I am panicking something terrible will happen while he is gone. It mainly just anxiety I have no reason to think anything bad will happen I'm doing pretty okay right now. 

My baby, my sanity, a miracle reattaching placenta. (Thank you by the way I feel like other people's thoughts and prayers are helping.)

Well I'm scared a lot of times to do/buy anything. We have a empty room with a crib my cousin gave us, a few boxes of hand me downs and little things people have given me, and 3 cans of paint.

@Sugargirl1019
    that's fun, do you have a theme or colors your using? I spent my entire first trimester looking at nurseries online I love decorating! 

• Loading the player...
  • @Sugargirl1019 Glad to hear LO is doing great. Sorry to hear about the protein in your catch. I had a good amount of protein in my baseline at 8 weeks and they did not seem concerned. Did you do have to do any blood work for your baseline? 

How far along are you? 
    24w4d

Why are you high-risk? HBP

- I have a scan with my MFM on Thursday. I am feeling pretty nervous about it.

- Unless the MFM says different this week, after this next appt with my OB I will be seeing them weekly starting at 28 weeks for NSTs. At 32 weeks I will see them 2x a week until the end which has been tentatively scheduled for 9/8. I will be almost 39 weeks. 

Nothing right now. I got my slip to do the GD test at 26 weeks or so. 

That my blood pressure remains stable and a great scan this Thursday. 

I have not bought anything yet! :neutral: I have picked out furniture and that is about it. 
  • How far along are you?
    25+5

Why are you high-risk?
    I carry an antibody.

I had a Midwife appointment this morning.  She asked if I wanted to do my GD test and I said no.  I am still unsure if I am going to consume the awful poison they provide or do a two week home testing on my own.  I really wish she would just let me drink some OJ but they do not administer the test in the office.  I have to go to the lab and they won't allow it.
    N/A
    N/A
    We started to declutter the spare bedroom but that is it so far.  

• @Sugargirl1019 I hope the protein in your urine doesn't turn out to be an issue!
    @Breath_Easy92 good luck getting through your husband's time away!

How far along are you? 
    26 weeks, 5 days

Why are you high-risk? marginal placenta previa, short cervix 

Any additional monitoring or testing this week? None this week (next appt scheduled for 6/9)

After 2.5 weeks with no bleeding or spotting, I started spotting over the weekend and it was intermittent for a few days. I decided not to call the dr because it was brown, not red, I didn't have any other symptoms, and when I've had spotting in the past everything has checked out fine. I was still worried somewhat, especially since we were away for the weekend and 3 hours from home. As of yesterday everything was completely back to normal, so I am feeling much better about it now. Hoping to make it to my appointment next week without any additional issues.

No spotting! Continued stability with my cervical length.

We have bought a few clothes and ordered the crib and dresser/changing table (they will be be delivered tomorrow!). This weekend we will be moving furniture out of what is now the office to start the conversion to the nursery! Also hoping to pick out a paint color.
  • @Breath_Easy92 We are doing pale coral, gold polka dots, and flowers. We'll see how it turns out  :#  Praying for that miracle placenta reattachment!

@baileylove22 When I turned in my 24 hr urine, I also had blood drawn. Which looked beautiful, if I do say myself! Platelets also looked good so no red flags yet. I hope your MFM scan goes well, and BP stays under control! Because of your HBP, are you at extra risk for pre-e?

@Rhubarb7216 Yay for no spotting! Come on cervix, stay strong! That's so awesome youryour furniture is being delivered tomorrow. Share pictures!

Married in July 2014
    A1Cs:
    1/12/16 6.7%
    5/25/16 6.0%
    11/2/16 6.1%
    3/22/16 5.8%
    4/27/17 5.4%
    6/13/17 5.3%

"Sugar Fancy Tutu"
  • @Sugargirl1019 although the furniture is being delivered today, it will still need to be assembled, so no pictures yet! We probably won't assemble it for a couple of weeks until after we paint the nursery. I'll post pictures then!
  • @Souptin to me it is.  The health of my baby and myself are very important to me.  We eat very clean and organically.  The drink contains artificial chemicals and dyes which have both been shown to cause cancer and other problems in children this day and age. Eye roll right back at you. 
  • @Sugargirl1019 that sounds pretty! I think it will turn out :) what color crib did you get to go with it? And thank you I am too.
  • @Ae_Lovely321 if you read what I typed I was looking into other options other than drinking the drink in which if you do research there are many.  In my case the option was either the drink or my own at home monitoring for two weeks.  I never said I was declining the test all together. 
  • @JustBored10 I saw your original post about wanting to drink oj instead.  I just don't know how effective doing an at home test is,  but it sounds like you've done your research.  I am personally okay with not doing the research on alternate methods. Drinking the big nasty is a tradition. It has worked for my mom and all of us turned out fine. 
  • Thank you for your input but I am opting to do the at home monitoring. 

My choice
    My baby 
    My body

And no @wyomama0427 I will not.  Especially when it comes to health.  Have a nice day :)
  • @Souptin I do not think clogging the high risk board with stupid remarks and gifs is acceptable.  The women on this board have serious issues regarding their health and their unborn babies health.  I think you are being childish and not thinking of us that use this board to stay connected and chit chat weekly about what is happening.  If you would like to open a new thread and continue to post away about how I live my life please do but do not ruin this board.
  • @Souptin I do not think clogging the high risk board with stupid remarks and gifs is acceptable.  The women on this board have serious issues regarding their health and their unborn babies health.  I think you are being childish and not thinking of us that use this board to stay connected and chit chat weekly about what is happening.  If you would like to open a new thread and continue to post away about how I live my life please do but do not ruin this board.
    Plenty of the women commenting and responding in sheer disbelief to your previous post are high risk. So they have every right to throw their little gif party if they feel like it. 
  • Not once have I pushed my beliefs on anyone. So I do not agree with anyone saying that.  As far as what I think about it is my opinion.  I never once have looked down or negatively commented on anyone for what they believe in or do with their bodies. Your input is not welcome here. As far as my unborn child goes (that currently has a medical condition with his/ her heart)  I have every right to make the decision to not put chemicals, dyes and an ob-seen amount of sugar in my body at this time.    
  • @JustBored10 umm.. @Souptin has every right to place her input "here" if she wishes to. You put your opinion out there, and she just like the rest of us have every right to express our opinions. 

but please go retreat to your safe space because other people think your opinion is completely insane. this has nothing to do with your baby's heart issue, this has to do with your wonky idea of how science and medicine works.

• @labby18 are you my doctor/ midwife? Do you know that my team of midwives actually agree to how unhealthy the Glucola is but do not have any other choice but to offer at home testing?  Do you know anything about my babies heart condition or my health?  Please try harder at making yourself feel better for how rude you are. If I wanted to "retreat" to a safe place I would not be here. Why would me deciding not to put chemicals into my body go against science?  Science that has PROVED these ingredients are harmful to the human body no matter how small an amount.  Have they not????  
  • Thank you @Souptin!

Yea.. the breakfast that didn't spike me yesterday spiked me today. Effing hormones. Why can't it be easy? Here I go taking more insulin!!

Married in July 2014
    A1Cs:
    1/12/16 6.7%
    5/25/16 6.0%
    11/2/16 6.1%
    3/22/16 5.8%
    4/27/17 5.4%
    6/13/17 5.3%

"Sugar Fancy Tutu"
  • @Sugargirl1019 please do not take offense to my post. I in no way meant that having to take insulin is bad or am shaming anyone who needs it. If I needed it, I absolutely would take it. My point was that because I have been properly diagnosed and educated, that I can avoid having to take insulin, something my doctors strive to help me prevent. There is zero shame in taking insulin and you are doing everything right. I'm sorry if I offended you. 

• So, it might be weird to do this now, but I'm going to attempt to shift the conversation back to the high risk topic because I have a high risk-related update. So I mentioned in my weekly update that I had brown spotting over the weekend, but it went away. I was feeling like things were good and I could cruise into my appointment scheduled for the end of next week. And then I woke up this morning with red bleeding. Not ok. So I had to call the dr and go in for an ultrasound to get my cervix and placenta checked. The good news: my cervical length is remaining stable and the placenta has moved further away from the cervix. Also, the baby's growth is on track. The bad news: they don't actually know why I continue to have bleeding episodes. It can't be blamed on the placenta anymore. It's possible my cervix is just irritated from the progesterone suppositories. If it happens again they might put me the hospital to monitor me to make sure I'm not having contractions. Ugh. This did not make my Friday!
  • @Rhubarb7216 how far from the cervix is your placenta now? Some women experience spotting as the placenta shifts off/away from the cervix, because it is so poorly attached there. Some women also experience spotting that they never attribute to anything. I only know what I do, because I had complete previa last pregnancy. I hope that everything is ok and that you don't have any more spotting.