Pregnant after a Loss

Introduction

Hi moms- I wanted to take a moment and introduce myself. I have a one year old. A little over month ago I had a miscarriage. I was only 6 weeks along, and it was very emotional. The Dr said we could start trying again as soon as I felt emotionally ready. I recently found out I was expecting. I posted in the Jan 18 board, but I don't think the other moms understood my fears. I had just taken my first pregnancy test after my loss. I wasn't sure if I was pregnant but I missed my period. Surprised it happened so quickly. The first test showed a faint positive. When I posted about that I was told it was against the rules to ask if I was pregnant. Nope I know that I am pregnant, I just can't believe it. The nerves are setting in. Will this be my rainbow baby or will this end in tears and heart ache like the last? Will I be able to stay strong and wait to share my news? Will my body share my secret? At 4 weeks (maybe) I know its too soon to show but I feel like I'm retaining water. I know this is all in my head and I know I need to relax and let nature do its thing. My mind is just racing. I'm not looking for answers rather just a private place where I can share my thoughts and fears. I'm sure there are others on here feeling the same way. What were your thoughts when you found out you were expecting after a loss? 

Re: Introduction

• HGRichHGRich member
    I cried a lot. It took ages to feel happy about it. Lots of anxiety. Totally normal, though. But take a deep breath and remember nothing you can do will jinx it or guarantee it. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that this is your rainbow baby! I didn't feel better until the second trimester, and then I didn't feel excited until I could feel her moving. It takes time. Hang in there. 
  • Thank you for your reply. Its comforting to know there are others out there that understand what I'm going through. Congrats on your little bundle of joy! 
  • Loading the player...
  • byrnemebyrneme member
    It is definitely hard for those who haven't been through it to understand the pain/anxiety/emotions that are tied to being pregnant after a loss. I'll be keeping you in my thoughts and hope to hear some great news in the coming weeks!
    *** TW**

Me: 37, DH:39
    Met: 2002 | Married: 2004 | TTC since January 2014
    July 2015: MMC @ 9 wks | August 2015: Chemical
    March, April, May & June 2016: Medicated IUIs | BFN 
    August 2016: Started Stims 8/22
    September 2016: Egg Retrieval 9/4 | 13 Mature Eggs | 10 Fertilized | 3 Blastocytes | 1 PGS Normal Embaby 
    November 7, 2016: FET - BFP!
    EDD 7/25/17
    Zoey Alexis born 7/25/17 @ 12:39 PM | 7lbs 14oz | 19 inches
  • Scheduled my first OB appointment today. Now I just have to wait tell June 20. 
  • As others as others have said, it's normal to feel anxious and apprehensive. It took me a long time start to feel more confident. But even now, at 32 weeks, I'll have moments of worry. Try to talk about your worries with your partner if you can. Keeping anxieties to myself seemed to make them worse. Wishing you a smooth first appointment in a couple weeks.