December 2017 Moms

Everything Food and Drink 5/24

2»

Re: Everything Food and Drink 5/24

• @dkizz82 i loved your weight gain post bc I'm happy you are able to keep things down and grow for your new baby... I'm curious What did your doc say? 
  • I meant to add that I do empathize with your shocked feelings about the weight gain 
  • Loading the player...
  • dkizz82dkizz82 member
    @jackiesmom324 he said 10lbs "wow". It's because when I'm sick I want carbs.  
     anyway, I just made a chocolate cake from scratch. What is wrong with me????
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • clovelyoneclovelyone member
    edited May 2017
    @dkizz82 I thought around 10 pounds is fine for the first trimester? I've actually lost about 6 pounds because I had no appetite and the MS is awful. Too bad you aren't in MI because I'd definitely try to help you eat that chocolate cake  :D

ETA: with ice cream and caramel...yummy! 
  • AMCsquared most cereals are fortified with extra nutrients, plus the calcium from the milk is good for you and baby, so I think you could be doing a lot worse!
  • Why are slurpees about the only thing that I can actually drink??? Normally, I only drink water, but for some reason I can't drink very much water. 
  • @dkizz82 omg I'm drooling over the chocolate cake rn.. I asked hubby to get my pastries and he refused  :s
  • Strawberries. And cheese dipped in jalepeno mustard. So good! Haha
  • @clovelyone a slurpee sounds amazing right now!!

Yesterday I got a McD's two cheeseburger meal, and put the fries inside of the cheeseburgers with extra ketchup like I used to do when I was kid. Mm still thinking about it.
  • moonlady-2moonlady-2 member
    edited May 2017
    I've been eating healthy in general. And I have actually lost weight even though I haven't been sick. Still having green smoothies every day and craving fruit (berries and pineapple).

@blueskies17 it's funny you mention hot dogs. I started craving bbq HOT DOGS (specifically, brats). Wtf. I have never gone out of my way to have a hot dog in my life, but lately they just sound SO GOOD. I've only had it once so far but I can't stop thinking about them. Like, I was thinking about hot dogs while in the shower. Then had to go buy some. LOL so weird.

31 years young
    from Seattle(ish)
    5 years married
    FTM and PGAL
    EDD is 12/23/17
    -- It's a BOY! ---

• @moonlady-2 I've been having serious hot dog cravings too! I've never been that crazy about them so this is new haha. I could have a brat for breakfast right now!
  • I've been desperately craving corn dogs. But not just any corn dogs... The carnival ones that are nice and crisp on the outside. Where the heck do you find those outside of carnivals?! 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • pink flamingopink flamingo member
    edited May 2017
    @vvitchhazel I have made my own corn dogs... this recipe I got off the food network I think ( it's been a while). I have tried it and it is awesome. I think making them fresh is the the best way. These aren't super crunchy but they do have some crunch 

3 cups buttermilk pancake mix , 1 cup cornmeal , 1 egg , 2 cups of water ( add vanilla and cinnamon if its a sweet dish ) 

Edit (add info) of course then you deep fry !!! 

• You can do the same recipe with morning sausage!!!!!! I haven't tried it yet but it's next. I'll add the cinnamon and vanilla ! 
  • @disneyfan0511 potatoes are super high in iron as long as you eat the skin! I'm all for baked potatoes right now because the thought of red meat or leafy greens makes me ill

I am the genius who just got BRACES so I just limited my food choices even more. As soon as they told me I couldn't have beef jerky... now that's all I want!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • @vvitchhazel omfg now I need a corn dog lol
    31 years young
    from Seattle(ish)
    5 years married
    FTM and PGAL
    EDD is 12/23/17
    -- It's a BOY! ---

• @blueskies17 I had to have mcdonalds cheeseburgers with fries inside after reading your post!
  • @moonlady-2 unsurprisingly, I had the same dinner haha!
  • clovelyoneclovelyone member
    edited May 2017
    LMAO @moonlady-2 and @blueskies17 ME too   :D

ETA: changed that frown upside down 
  • @kvacmak  new braces, and pregnant? bless you. bless you. 

Met: September 2005  Married: October 2008   DS: 09/2014
           Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
           Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @moonlady-2 @clovelyone @blueskies17 Hahaha same here! My mom sent us home with the leftover sausages from the weekend (it was a huge package) and since we're going out of town this weekend and didn't want to buy groceries for four days...that will be dinner every night until we run out. Ha!
    Me: 29 || DH: 29
    TTC #1 4/2016 || dx NIR PCOS 7/2016 || BFP 4/2017
    DD - 12/28/17 <3

TTC #2 3/2019
    BFP 5/2019 || MC - D&C 5/2019
    BFP 2/2020 || EDD 10/10/2020
  • @MJDsquared I bought a package of hot dogs yesterday and husband is on a business trip, so I'll be on the same diet this week!
  • dkizz82dkizz82 member
    I hate syrup. Like hate the smell and the taste. Yet I was craving it yesterday. Went and bought pancake mix and syrup. I ate a good portion of pancakes and then got very nauseated. Ha. Crazy pregnancy crap 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I am so tired of feeling hungry all the time.  I ate lunch one hour ago... a frozen Evol burrito, steamed broccoli, and two kiwis.  I am hungry right now.  Not like, bored and want to eat hungry- actual hunger.  Anyone else feeling hungry all the time? 
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • kyrwynkyrwyn member
    I am really suggestible about food these days. You ladies talk about hot dogs and I'm like "OMG I Love Hot Dogs". (Truth: I do not love hot dogs.)  Or corn dogs. (I do not love corn dogs either.) Or cheeseburgers, and then suddenly it's the ONLY thing that sounds good for dinner. 

We went out for breakfast at our local hole-in-wall diner on Sunday and DH got pancakes and eggs... and I got a tuna melt, with fries, and extra pickles.  I wanted salty and sour, not anything sweet.  Luckily, they serve their whole menu all day, so it wasn't too weird of a request at 830 am.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • dkizz82dkizz82 member
    I was at sams today and had to decide between the pizza and hot dog. I knew immediately upon ordering  i had made the wrong decision. Will go back for hotdog another day.  :p
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • failuretoflyfailuretofly member
    edited May 2017
    @anewadventure it was a terrible decision. I very much regret it. Especially since my pregnant stomach hates smoothies and my teeth hurt too much to chew right now and I can't take advil. 
    Terrible, terrible decision. :(
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers