June 2016 Moms

Moms who go Bump in the night/Randoms

Re: Moms who go Bump in the night/Randoms

• Yeah, the thing is that I'm out the door by 7am, so I have NO time to make anything for LO. On a weekend, we give him cereal and 6 oz of milk. The daycare gives him cereal but until past 8am. :/
    He only does the tantrum occasionally. Today I gave him Gerber puffs to compensate. *sigh* His birthday is this Friday.
    Oh yea, I forgot you have a super tight morning schedule. At times I can't wait until our LOs are old enough to eat while in the car...not that I'm looking forward to the HUGE mess that I know they will create but it will make those, "I need a snack!" moments a bit easier in a way. 
  • Yeah, the thing is that I'm out the door by 7am, so I have NO time to make anything for LO. On a weekend, we give him cereal and 6 oz of milk. The daycare gives him cereal but until past 8am. :/
    He only does the tantrum occasionally. Today I gave him Gerber puffs to compensate. *sigh* His birthday is this Friday.
    Oh yea, I forgot you have a super tight morning schedule. At times I can't wait until our LOs are old enough to eat while in the car...not that I'm looking forward to the HUGE mess that I know they will create but it will make those, "I need a snack!" moments a bit easier in a way. 
    Bad mom alert: I definitely hand Miles one of those reach in containers of Cheerios while we drive to my mother's house. It's a quiet highway that literally runs straight into the university and I drive the opposite way, so there is no traffic in case I need to pull over but.... yeah he eats everyday in the car seat on the way to grandma-daycare
    Me: 32 DH: 31 *The old lady by 5 whole weeks*
    Married: 11/2013
    M: 6/2016  E: 5/2018
  • Loading the player...
    Bad mom alert: I definitely hand Miles one of those reach in containers of Cheerios while we drive to my mother's house. It's a quiet highway that literally runs straight into the university and I drive the opposite way, so there is no traffic in case I need to pull over but.... yeah he eats everyday in the car seat on the way to grandma-daycare

I keep puffed snap peas or animal crackers in the car and dibthis exact same thing. Lol
    I do this all the time!

I always forget about those reach-in containers. I should pick a couple up for that exact reason. Damien is fine during our morning commute but in the afternoon he tends to be fussy. The reach-in container with a snack could really help. 
  • Usually the commute is no where past 5-8 minutes to the daycare, so he's fine. I usually give him his morning bottle on the commute and he's done by the time I pull in. At the daycare, I leave him with snacks, then they give him the baby cereal at around 9:30am.
  • lm45678lm45678 member
    I was putting Savannah into DH's car yesterday and there were multiple french fries in it from her eating Burger King in the car while I was away...

Moral of the story? I am not judging you for Cheerios!! :p
    Me (31) & DH (32)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    Baby #2 Due 3/7/20
  • I was putting Savannah into DH's car yesterday and there were multiple french fries in it from her eating Burger King in the car while I was away...
    How did your trip go? I remember you having some anxiety about leaving. Were you able to enjoy yourself? Was it hard to be away?
  • Are we still doing some kind of diet/excersise updates?
  • annaf2011 said:
    I was putting Savannah into DH's car yesterday and there were multiple french fries in it from her eating Burger King in the car while I was away...
    How did your trip go? I remember you having some anxiety about leaving. Were you able to enjoy yourself? Was it hard to be away?
    I was able to enjoy myself, especially the first couple of days. It started to get hard after that, and pumping all over the place wasn't exactly fun either. But I made it through and am glad that I went! DH did a great job except that she now take an 8oz bottle before bed and there's no way I can produce that much *sigh*
    Me (31) & DH (32)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    Baby #2 Due 3/7/20
  • edited June 2017
    Are we still doing some kind of diet/excersise updates?
    It's funny you mention that because I was just wondering about that yesterday!

The small gym that's a block from my office and daycare has a summer deal going; $115 covers June, July, & August. I figured it would be nice to have a break during the day and get a workout in, plus during my workday is the best time to do it. I'm only going Mon, Wed, & Fri at this point. I've started eating more at breakfast (nothing too crazy just stuff like avocado toast or egg/spinach mini-quiches type thingie that I make one night and eat throughout the week on the go) on top of my usual breakfast drink. Our office building has a new cafe that serves freshly made sandwiches and salads, everything comes from the farmers market down the street, so I get that for lunch a lot. Dinner is also a bit leaner these days because 1) they don't seem to take as long to make and 2) my husband wants to eat better too. It also makes giving Damien what we're eating easier I think since I know we're giving him something super healthy. I'm not watching the scale, just focusing on eating well and exercising. 

• Just because...
  • 2 days into toddler hood and I'm already going crazy. Thank god I work summer school
  • Remember that photographer that my husband & I loved but was way too far outside of our price range? I let her know that in all honesty she was our #1 choice and while we could afford the session, we couldn't afford to also buy digital files, just not in the budget we set. 

Well apparently she loved my honesty (I was much more tactful about it than described) and appreciated that I didn't just "ghost" her. As a result, she has offered to do a session at a hefty discount with 20 digital images included. Great right? So what's the catch? It's for stock images. The company that would be buying them from her has all kinds of safeguards and restrictions on how photos can be used but at the end of the day, we're just not comfortable with our photos possibly being used for any other purpose than being for our family and friends (though we would be open to her using them for her own portfolio). And the hefty discount that was being offered? $700 (includes 2hr session + 20 digital images). When looking at her standard pricing, yes this is a big discount but daaaaang. We ended up passing on the opportunity. 
  • Remember that photographer that my husband & I loved but was way too far outside of our price range? I let her know that in all honesty she was our #1 choice and while we could afford the session, we couldn't afford to also buy digital files, just not in the budget we set. 

Well apparently she loved my honesty (I was much more tactful about it than described) and appreciated that I didn't just "ghost" her. As a result, she has offered to do a session at a hefty discount with 20 digital images included. Great right? So what's the catch? It's for stock images. The company that would be buying them from her has all kinds of safeguards and restrictions on how photos can be used but at the end of the day, we're just not comfortable with our photos possibly being used for any other purpose than being for our family and friends (though we would be open to her using them for her own portfolio). And the hefty discount that was being offered? $700 (includes 2hr session + 20 digital images). When looking at her standard pricing, yes this is a big discount but daaaaang. We ended up passing on the opportunity. 
    I think I would have had to pass as well. I'm sure you will find someone else awesome at a better price.
  • Tawny87 said:
    Remember that photographer that my husband & I loved but was way too far outside of our price range? I let her know that in all honesty she was our #1 choice and while we could afford the session, we couldn't afford to also buy digital files, just not in the budget we set. 

I think I would have had to pass as well. I'm sure you will find someone else awesome at a better price.
    I went ahead and booked with our "back-up" who also does great work, the only concern we have is that her method isn't exactly the "fly on the wall" approach that we were looking for BUT I think we can find a happy medium with her. Her pricing is decent and we get 15 images (included in the price) so it's a win at the end of the day.
  • @vintagevix2016  If she's going to get paid to use your images I say she should be paying you as models! That's ridiculous!
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • meggyme said:
    @vintagevix2016  If she's going to get paid to use your images I say she should be paying you as models! That's ridiculous!
    I agree.  
  • There's a new woman working in the nursery at daycare and after a couple of days of interaction with her, I'm not a fan. I know I'm jumping to conclusion pretty quickly but I can't help it. She gives off an off-putting vibe and I just can't shake it. She never smiles and is a bit gruff with Damien, no idea if she's just that way with all the babies. Fortunately, the nursery worker that Damien loves is also there all day with him (he's loved all of them and the director of the daycare too). I can tell when he likes someone because he's very animated with his excitement to see them. I know it's early but thus far he'd rather just go play than be held by this woman. 
  • Tawny87 said: 
    Well cam's gums look like they are finally swelling. He may have his first tooth soon.

Stuck:
    Adi just cut her first one a week or so ago. No real signs of any more coming though. 
  • khenry12 said:
    Tawny87 said: 
    Well cam's gums look like they are finally swelling. He may have his first tooth soon.

Stuck:
    Adi just cut her first one a week or so ago. No real signs of any more coming though. 
    Maddie just got her second, and no signs of any more. Or rather, the same signs of several that she's had for at least six months.
  • khenry12 said:
    Tawny87 said: 

Stuck:
    Maddie just got her second, and no signs of any more. Or rather, the same signs of several that she's had for at least six months.
    My twins both cut their first teeth the week of their birthday, it's funny that this guy may befollowing suit.
  • Tawny87 said:
    We can see teeth under the gums but no dice yet over here! Calvin has an adorable gummy smile for his first birthday on Friday. I didn't get teeth until 13 months, so I guess Calvin got that gene from me!
  • Tawny87 said:
    khenry12 said:
    Tawny87 said: 

Stuck:
    My twins both cut their first teeth the week of their birthday, it's funny that this guy may befollowing suit.
    DS didn't get his first tooth until 10.5 months and Maddie got her first around then too, and then it took another full month to get the second. It's very interesting that they both were roughly on the same schedule, and that all your kids are too. I wonder if there's something genetic about when teeth come in.
  • Tawny87 said:
    khenry12 said:
    Tawny87 said: 

Stuck:
    DS didn't get his first tooth until 10.5 months and Maddie got her first around then too, and then it took another full month to get the second. It's very interesting that they both were roughly on the same schedule, and that all your kids are too. I wonder if there's something genetic about when teeth come in.
    According to my kids dr, teeth patterns tend to be consistent in siblings and it definitely has to be genetic, my mom had her first tooth at 15 months. My brothers and I were all 9 months. I guess it's a good thing for all the late teeth babies, it's better for their teeth according to the dr.
  • Can depriving a baby of sleep be considered neglect?  I keep hearing about this mom from my friend who has kept her baby up all day long since he was born thinking it helps with night sleep.  I know it's a common myth but I've never heard of someone doing it all day long, more like keeping them up an extra hour at a time.  12 hours is crazy.  The baby cries all day long and has a GI issue where he throws up large volumes every day, with blood, and is losing weight.  They say they go to a GI doctor but I can't help but feel so sad for that little baby.  My this is an unpopular opinion but I do believe there are people who should never be parents.  This couple is one.  They cuss at the older kids all the time (3 and 5 years old) they don't go to bed till like 10 and the dad just tells then to go play Xbox and leave him alone.  The mom had all three kids by "accident" saying she was on antibiotics therefore the BC wouldn't work.  The first time? Ok sure but 3?! Not buying it sister.   Ugh rant over.
  • Can depriving a baby of sleep be considered neglect?  I keep hearing about this mom from my friend who has kept her baby up all day long since he was born thinking it helps with night sleep.  I know it's a common myth but I've never heard of someone doing it all day long, more like keeping them up an extra hour at a time.  12 hours is crazy.  The baby cries all day long and has a GI issue where he throws up large volumes every day, with blood, and is losing weight.  They say they go to a GI doctor but I can't help but feel so sad for that little baby.  My this is an unpopular opinion but I do believe there are people who should never be parents.  This couple is one.  They cuss at the older kids all the time (3 and 5 years old) they don't go to bed till like 10 and the dad just tells then to go play Xbox and leave him alone.  The mom had all three kids by "accident" saying she was on antibiotics therefore the BC wouldn't work.  The first time? Ok sure but 3?! Not buying it sister.   Ugh rant over.
    That's very sad, poor kids.  How old is the baby? I personally buy into the "sleep begets sleep" school of thought, in that if they're well rested during the day they'll sleep better at night. I also am a slave to routine, because I think kids need that, so my kids' days are pretty consistently structured (obviously we change it up as needed, but in general we do things at the same time of day). Babies should sleep ~14-16 hours a day, so they need at least one nap until at least a year to a year and a half (my almost 3 year old still naps 2 hours/day most days, otherwise he's a real peach).
    That's very sad, poor kids.  How old is the baby? I personally buy into the "sleep begets sleep" school of thought, in that if they're well rested during the day they'll sleep better at night. I also am a slave to routine, because I think kids need that, so my kids' days are pretty consistently structured (obviously we change it up as needed, but in general we do things at the same time of day). Babies should sleep ~14-16 hours a day, so they need at least one nap until at least a year to a year and a half (my almost 3 year old still naps 2 hours/day most days, otherwise he's a real peach).

He's about 6 months, last she saw him, he still wasn't able to keep his head up for very long.  
  • I don't understand why you would keep your baby up all day. Mama needs a nap just as much as baby does. When do they get stuff done? I feel sorry for the kids though. That's a tough one.
  • LO went to daycare today - he's not enrolled for the summer since my husband isn't working summer school (I am). We now pay as a drop-in service, which is $30 for 8-6:30pm care, including lunch and dinner and only take him on Friday's so that daddy can have his "day off." I think he's gonna go to the movies later.
    Anyway, LO laughed at coming into daycare - he LOVES it there. I made him a breakfast of scrambled egg and strawberries and took it with us to the daycare. He ate a few of it, then got the bowl and dumped it on the banana table. I"m so annoyed but the teachers were not fazed at all. He wont eat his food if it's on a plate - it must be on the table itself before he eats it.
    On the plus side, we did collect all the gifts that were sent on Monday for LO's birthday. His birthday was last Friday and it was also early release at the daycare (12) so many parents didn't even bother to drop of their child. It was also LO's last day of daycare, so the gifts were brought on Monday, when everyone came back and when LO was now at home for summer. 

• Philosophical question:

If you had to pick one, which is better:

1) to make a decision that you know will make you unhappy, if it brings happiness to the people you love

Or

2) to stand up for something you want, even if you know it will make people you care about very unhappy

(this comes from a conversation I had with a friend. I'm interested to hear thoughts). 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm such a people pleaser I'd probably end up doing 1, but I'm trying to work on it.
  • laurendiaz02laurendiaz02 member
    edited June 2017
    Hmm. Guess it depends on what we're talking about. Lol. At face value, I would say #2. I have a tendency to always put others first, but sometimes you have to just say "eff it" and do what's right for YOU. 
  • Lizbeth86Lizbeth86 member
    edited June 2017
    How unhappy are we talking here? I hate to be that person but if it's a deeper/ prolonged unhappy for either, then I think you have to work with your loved ones to find a third option that will make everyone at least moderately happy.

If we're talking about where to order dinner from tonight, then it depends on who got first choice last time ; )
  • Lizbeth86 said:
    How unhappy are we talking here? I hate to be that person but if it's a deeper/ prolonged unhappy for either, then I think you have to work with your loved ones to find a third option that will make everyone at least moderately happy.

If we're talking about where to order dinner from tonight, then it depends on who got first choice last time ; )
    We were talking about life choices. Where to live, occupations, etc
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  

BabyFruit Ticker