June 2017 Moms

WTF Wednesday

I'll start...

WTF family. No one is offering to watch DS while we are in the hospital. Everyone is saying if it happens when I'm not working or not doing xyz.

Re: WTF Wednesday

• mombodmombod member
    WTF work. Stop piling on more work and trying to get help on "just one more thing". I want to get you what you need before I am out but I cant do that if you keep adding what you want. Im tired, getting uncomfortable, and now you are getting me stressed. 37 weeks tomorrow, please dont give me three months worth of stuff to do now. 
  • kdanjoukdanjou member
    WTF clumsiness.  I spilled some chocolate milk in my car because of my fat fumble fingers and now it REEKS.
    MC Sept 2010
    BFP Oct 2011 - DD born July 2012
    TTC again since July 2014
    First IUI 9/26/16:  BFP!
    EDD 6/19/2017
    It's a girl!
    Born 6/26/17, 9lb 5oz
  • Loading the player...
  • Wtf perfect house situation coming along when I'm practically in labor. We've been looking for a house for 6 years and you turn up now? Super excited and love the house, but it's a major fixer upper and I have a feeling we're going to get it and move with a brand new baby. 
  • WTF family. You're supposed to help me with the kids while we have this LO. Instead your leaving to go camping. Then you tell me you made the reservation in January before you knew my due date. WTF really...you knew my due date in November. Now I'm being induced on a Friday and you leave for camping on Sunday. 
  • Wtf to my doctors office that yesterday afternoon called and canceled my 1:30 scheduled Csection on Friday, and still hasn't gotten back to me with the new time of either 3 pm or in the morning!  This is 2 days away, get it together!
    DD: born August 2014
    BFP #2: 10/10/16
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Wtf to my doctors office that yesterday afternoon called and canceled my 1:30 scheduled Csection on Friday, and still hasn't gotten back to me with the new time of either 3 pm or in the morning!  This is 2 days away, get it together!
    How annoying! I hate it when they slack on getting back with you on important details. I'd be calling them ASAP (I'm the squicky wheel though ;-)). 
  • @JennMof3 I just called and everything's is all set for 3 pm, except for finding someone to assist.  Hoping it all works out but I am happy for the afternoon slot because it will give me a little time to spend in the morning with DD before we change her world.  
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @mishmosh26 Glad you got some answers! Things always have a way of working out :-)
  • kdanjou said:
    WTF clumsiness.  I spilled some chocolate milk in my car because of my fat fumble fingers and now it REEKS.
    Oh no!  I remember my sister spilling chocolate milk in my dad's van when we were young.  It was forever referred to as the stinky van after that.  The smell never seemed to quite go away.

• It's been raining for the last few days and my dog doesn't like too poop in the rain. After putting DD to bed, DH and I came downstairs to find two of the biggest poop piles I've seen in a while. Wtf dog!?!
    Married 8/29/09
    MC: 9/14
    Goober #1 born: 8/17/15
    MC: 9/16
    Goober # 2 EDD: 6/27/17
  • Wtf pampers! I found a great deal on Amazon and bought 4 million pampers for DS. Turns out they leak at night. So back to Luvs we go.
  • neludelu said:
    Wtf pampers! I found a great deal on Amazon and bought 4 million pampers for DS. Turns out they leak at night. So back to Luvs we go.
    Really? Which ones? I never had a problem with pampers. I hated Huggies!! They leaked all the time. The hospital that my son had surgery at, used them. Anytime I held him, he peed on me.

i also loved Kirkland, Luvs, Up &Up, and Kroger brand. 
  • Wino0920 said:
    neludelu said:
    Wtf pampers! I found a great deal on Amazon and bought 4 million pampers for DS. Turns out they leak at night. So back to Luvs we go.
    Really? Which ones? I never had a problem with pampers. I hated Huggies!! They leaked all the time. The hospital that my son had surgery at, used them. Anytime I held him, he peed on me.

I got the jumbo box of swaddlers size 5 off of Amazon. Maybe this was just a fluke. It bothers me when he wakes up wet. 
  • neludelu said:

I hated pampers. DD always ended up with poop up get back and out both legs. So. Much. Laundry!
    Married 8/29/09
    MC: 9/14
    Goober #1 born: 8/17/15
    MC: 9/16
    Goober # 2 EDD: 6/27/17
  • @Wino0920 For real! I think Huggies are a joke - DS leaked or had blowouts all the time in them! My MIL is a pediatric nurse and can get the huge box for $10, but I still won't take her up on it because that's still $10 wasted. 
    Pampers or Honest all the way here. But I don't like Swaddlers for overnights - they do leak. We prefer BabyDry. 
  • delujm0delujm0 member
    neludelu said:
    Wino0920 said:
    neludelu said:

I got the jumbo box of swaddlers size 5 off of Amazon. Maybe this was just a fluke. It bothers me when he wakes up wet. 

Oh the Swaddlers are basically useless after the newborn stage.  We actually had to fully quit the Pampers nighttime diapers for DD and go to Huggies.  We used Pampers Cruisers or Target brand during the day until we moved to Pull Ups.  DD will very rarely pee a little out of her Huggies overnights, but before we switched she was waking up wet every day.  And those were the Pampers Baby Dry Nighttime diapers.  12 hours of coverage my ass.
  • I think how well the diaper works depends on the baby and their body type. Pampers work well for DD1 but DD2 leaks in them every single time.
  • I would put my list of preference as pampers over huggies, but premium versions such as swaddles/cruisers/smugglers/movers over baby dry.  I did not like luvs, I felt they had a weird smell and looked saggy.  The only ones my daughter had a reaction to was Aldi brand, but it wasn't severe.  I just got a bunch of mom to mom brand for free from jewel so we will see how they turn out.  I never really noticed one brand had blow outs more than another.  Each baby is different but my DD never moved up a size until she was as the maximum weight per size, so we never got past 4s but switched to the easy ups when we felt she was ready.  My daughter will complain the sides of pull ups hurts her so we like easy ups best! I think that is all the diaper knowledge I have!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I think how well the diaper works depends on the baby and their body type. Pampers work well for DD1 but DD2 leaks in them every single time.
    This. 100%
  • WTF Mom. My mother watched my son for the 1st time in like 12 months (she is busy watching my sisters kid during most days). My son had a poop explosion or she didn't pay attention and change him in time. There was $hit everywhere...carpet, ottoman, kids couch, tub, counter, toilet, you name the surface. Apparently he was too heavy at 35lbs for her to lift so my other child got him to the tub. She used a kitchen rag to wipe the poo off of him. Meanwhile he is apparently standing during all this and slips and falls hitting his head. Now he is afraid of the tub. 

Grrr I don't like people in my house or watching my kids. You'd think after raising 3 kids and watching another grand kid on a regular basis she would know how to handle poo. End rant! 
  • JennMof3 said:
    WTF Mom. My mother watched my son for the 1st time in like 12 months (she is busy watching my sisters kid during most days). My son had a poop explosion or she didn't pay attention and change him in time. There was $hit everywhere...carpet, ottoman, kids couch, tub, counter, toilet, you name the surface. Apparently he was too heavy at 35lbs for her to lift so my other child got him to the tub. She used a kitchen rag to wipe the poo off of him. Meanwhile he is apparently standing during all this and slips and falls hitting his head. Now he is afraid of the tub. 

Grrr I don't like people in my house or watching my kids. You'd think after raising 3 kids and watching another grand kid on a regular basis she would know how to handle poo. End rant! 
    That is terrible! I'd be so mad too! I swear grandparents forget or something! 
  • kdanjoukdanjou member
    @JennMof3 I also hate people in my house when I'm not there.  I'm just hoping no big mishaps occur when grandma watches DD while I'm in labor.  I plan on sending my DH home asap just so he can check on them.
    MC Sept 2010
    BFP Oct 2011 - DD born July 2012
    TTC again since July 2014
    First IUI 9/26/16:  BFP!
    EDD 6/19/2017
    It's a girl!
    Born 6/26/17, 9lb 5oz
  • kdanjou said:
    @JennMof3 I also hate people in my house when I'm not there.  I'm just hoping no big mishaps occur when grandma watches DD while I'm in labor.  I plan on sending my DH home asap just so he can check on them.
    She also damaged the deck by forcing the attached baby gate to go the wrong direction. My daughter said she heard a horrible snapping sound. She sent me a message saying grandma is breaking the house. My hubby has spent so much time working fixing up the house and is totally anal about keeping it pristine. He was really mad. 
  • We finally finished 3 days of working our booth at a huge convention, got everything torn down, and then DH asks me for the car key. Um, he was still in the car this morning waiting for a phone call when I came in early to set up. He insists I never gave him the key, so we check to see if it's still in the car. Somehow the car is locked, which means he clearly locked it when he left ... and the key is nowhere to be found. So now we're sitting here doing nothing, exhausted after like 5 hours of sleep the past 2 nights in a row, waiting for someone to bring us a spare key. I get that he doesn't remember because we're both exhausted but we've been in one 10x15foot area literally all day, so WTF happened to the key?! 
  • Wtf allergies, I don't have time for your nonsense! Go away sore throat and stuffy nose.