Pregnant after IF

PAIF Graduates - New Mommies - Month of May

124»

Re: PAIF Graduates - New Mommies - Month of May

• Going back to work tomorrow... I Wish I could at least work part time but I know it's life... 
    We hired a nanny to watch Luciana at home and she started last week, she is nice but I'm freaking out, I've pretty much been with her 24/7 since she was born and she is pretty attached to me and cries a lot with her. So far she has been exclusively breastfed and I'm also worried about pumping at work since my schedule sometimes is so crazy that I don't even get a bathroom break... I know 100% she'll be fine if I give her formula but I've come to love breastfeeding her so much, (even after mastitis twice) I'm not ready to stop yet
    Gosh I never imagined feeling this way! I know we'll be fine, I'm  just overly emotional 
    37 y.o 
    TTC since October 2014
    DX: Unexplained fertility 
    3 Failed IUI's 2015
    1st IVF cycle March 2016 , planned ICSI, PGS, FET
    ER 3/31/16 30 retrieved, 26 fertilized normally
    Sent 8 embryos for PGS: 5 normal (3 AA, 1BA, 1BC)
    FET 5/11/16 (1 embryo)
    Beta 5/23/16 BFN  :(
    2nd FET 6/12/16 (1 5AA embryo)
    ++++TW++++
    Beta 6/22/16 : BFP!!!  169 
    Beta #2 6/24/16: 412
    DD born 3/2/17
  • @yelllow22 it's totally normal emotions. It's so hard to leave our babies at home after being with them 24/7 initially. It was very hard for me at first as well, thinking that my little baby is with a stranger all day long. But Aiden loves our nanny so I've come to feel much more at ease now. Just know that everything will work itself out and everything will be ok in the end. It makes coming home to our little ones so much more special. Hope your first day back is easy and goes by fast!
    ***History & TW in Spoiler***

***bfp & child warning***
    TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IUI #1 - October 2015 - BFN
    IUI #2 - November 2015 - BFN
    IUI #3 - December 2015 - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Retrieval #1 - April 2016
    FET #1 - May 2016 - BFP!!! DS - Born January 2017
    Trying for baby #2...
    FET #2 - January 2018 - BFN  
    No more embryos left; switched to a new RE
    IVF/Retrieval #2 - January 2019
    IVF/Retrieval #3 - March 2019
    FET #3 - April 2019 - BFP!!! - DD: Born December 2019
    Trying for baby #3...
    FET #4 - October 2021 - BFP!!! - Due June 2022

• Loading the player...
  • tvh1982tvh1982 member
    Hope any of our tips make things easier @2legbaby
    And about the sleeping in something else than the crib...whatever works for you and LO! I know the sleeping consultant is 'against' it, but you know what works as it's your instinct. Sure you want them in their beds, and you might need some additional time to teach them a new place to sleep afterwards. But trust my, by the time they are 16 they don't want to sleep in their rocker...they'll get the hang of it ;)

Going back to work must be tough indeed @yelllow22. Wishing you a lovely day, hope you can 'relax' a wee bit about your LO. She's in good hands.

**********************************************************************************************************************************

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers

• @yelllow22 I hope your day went ok...I totally feel for you, I have another 3 weeks and I am dreading it in some ways (totally don't know what it will be like to not have her by my side)  but anxious to go to work too.hugs!
    ******TW*****
    Me 39 DH44
    Married 8/2/14
    TTC 9/14
    Dx: PCOS, blocked L fallopian tube, suspect poor egg quality
    MFI (low #, poor morphology)
    IVF #1 9/15 Failed
    IVF #2 12/15 Failed
    1st DE FET  5/16-BFN :(
    2nd DE FET 7/18-BFP :)
    8/17 Baby HR 140/min EDD 4/6/17
  • ale9687ale9687 member
    @yellow22 hope work went well! I start in two weeks and have had many cry sessions to work through all the emotions of it. 
  • Drove2uDrove2u member
    Awww @yellow22 how's it go? I've been back to work for two months and I love it! But i get to work from home twice a week which helps a lot. Otherwise if I was going in five days a week I would NEVER see Viktoria. So it's a great balance and I do enjoy going into the office. It's a nice break. 
  • ZoeFerZoeFer member
    @yellow22 how was your first day at work ? it was really tough at the start but you get used to it. Pumping is hard , but you get used to the routine as well. I pump at home before I leave (while eating breakfast) so I pump only twice at work. L is 6 months old now and I sometimes pump only once if I am super busy.
  • Hi!

I've found myself in a v weird situation. Just finished pumping and consolidating milk, turned around for a SECOND to put supplies away, when I turned back to take a look at how much I pumped (a little over 3oz, which is the most I've ever gotten!!) I noticed a fly floating in my precious milk!!!!! Wtf?! So now I'm wondering if I should dump it or not. So so so sad and angry at stupid fly lol. What do yall think?? Dump or keep??
    *TW - Pregnancy mentioned*
    Me: 28 DH: 33, Married May 2014
    3 failed IUIs Dec '15 - Feb '16
    IVF April/May 2016 - 1 failed fresh transfer. 11 snow angels.
    1st FET 7/29/16 = BFP
    Lawson arrived on 4/24/2017 at 7lbs 15oz, 21 1/2 inches long!
    Surprise pregnancy!! Baby #2 due 10/11/18 <3
  • tvh1982tvh1982 member
    edited May 2017
    That sucks big time @babylonghorn16!
    A fly carries bacteria, but our stomach juices (no idea what's it called in English..) can handle these. 
    My LO is almost 7 months and got a pretty good immune system going.
    But I often go by a rule 'when in doubt, don't do it'
    I know it suck BIG time, as my gynaecologist said 'breastmilk is worth gold'. 

Edit: a fruitfly I would pick out right away they are not that harmful, but again depends on age of your LO (sorry can't remember) and what your guts says!

**********************************************************************************************************************************

• Thanks, @tvh1982. He is going to be 5 weeks on Monday... So still pretty vulnerable. It wasn't a fruitfly - was a nasty housefly that must've flown in last night while we were grilling. I didn't think I could hate flies anymore than I already did. Ugh!!
    1st FET 7/29/16 = BFP
  • @babylonghorn16 If it was a housefly, I'd definitely dump it... Breastmilk has some bacteria-fighting properties, but I just don't think I'd risk it. I'm so sorry! I know how you feel about how precious that milk is!! I spilled a couple of ounces while consolidating after pumping the other day (sleep deprivation apparently makes me clumsy...), and I almost cried! 
    *** Trigger Warnings ***

TTC #1 since March 2011
    Dx = Unexplained IF
    1 medicated TI cycle & 4 clomid IUIs = all BFNs
    June 2013 IVF #1 = 6 frosties + BFP!
    DS1 born 2/14

TTC #2 since December 2014
    May 2015 unassisted BFP ended in m/c at 7wks
    April 2016 FET #1 = BFN
    June 2016 FET #2 = c/p
    August 2016 FET #3 = BFP!
    DS2 born 4/17
  • @babylonghorn16  don't dump it, use it for a milk bath! I think I'd cry if I had to dump milk because it doesn't come easily and I really have to work for it. 

TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Trying for baby #2...
    Trying for baby #3...

• ale9687ale9687 member
    @babylonghorn16 agree with @tulips29, save it for something else. Milk bath, helps soar nipples, soak a paper towel in it and freeze it for when you want something cool on your chest. Also good for diaper rashes or any skin irritation you may have. 
  • tvh1982tvh1982 member
    Those are good ideas, didn't think of that. Safe it for not drinking :)

• ZoeFerZoeFer member
    edited May 2017
    @babylonghorn16 i think keeping the milk for some skin or rash treatment might be a good idea. Breast milk helps with many things. i hate when i have to dump the expressed milk but it happens once a while,  dont get too upset. 
    How is your LO doing? did he have the tounge operation already?
  • Thanks yall! I ended up just tossing it. I kept thinking about that big black fly floating in it, and couldn't bring myself to use it. Sigh.

@ZoeFer Lawson is doing well! We are getting a second opinion from another doc... didn't really like the pedi dentist we went to. His cousin was diagnosed with tongue tie and didn't have op. She is just fine. We'd rather not put him through an unnecessary procedure, so we are doing plenty of research before committing one way or the other. I'll keep yall updated. Thanks for asking!
    1st FET 7/29/16 = BFP
  • Forgot to ask... for c section mamas - when did yall get go ahead from doc to resume normal activities (working out, swimming, sex...)?? I went to ob today for 4 week follow up and she told me 2 more weeks. Seems overkill to me. 
    1st FET 7/29/16 = BFP
  • tvh1982tvh1982 member
    I got 6 weeks too (which is quite standard as we only get a 6 week check) and I had a VB. 

• I had a 6 week thumbs up to resume all normal activities as well. 

---Trigger warning---

Me: 31 DH: 27
    TTC since April 2013
    Two cancelled IUIs in Aug and Sept '15 due to low motility/count
    IVF round 1: January 2016
    ER: February 17, 2016; 9 retrieved, 7 mature, 7 fertilized
    Day 5 Blastocysts: 5 BB, 1 AB, all normal from PGS
    FET date: May 11, '16; transferred 1 AB embryo
    First beta: May 23, '16: 998!!  Second: May 25, '16: 1648
    EDD: January 27, 2017
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • kelrauhkelrauh member
    My doctor said once bleeding stops I could have intercourse. I could drive and bathe after 2 weeks.

**Trigger warning**

Age: 25 DH: 28 Together since 2011, Married May 2014 and TTC since April 2015

MFI (3% morphology) 

3/16 - IUI with femara & ovidrel - BFN

4/16 - IUI with femara & ovidrel - BFN

6/16 IUI with femara & ovidrel - BFN

8/19/16 - IVF - 

• Retrieval 9/4
    • Transfer 9/6
    • 9/16 - BFP 1st Beta -110 
    • 9/20 - 2nd beta - 762
    • TWINS!!!! EDD 5/28/2017

• @babylonghorn16 got the all clear at my 6 week checkup as well

TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Trying for baby #2...
    Trying for baby #3...

• Thanks everyone for your support! I survived but I'm not going to lie, it was not easy, it was hard  to concentrate plus things were kind of a mess at work so that didn't help. Dh surprised me by showing up with her and at least that made my day! Today I got out early and was so happy to be home. We have a long weekend because I'm off Monday and Tuesday so we just decided to go stay at a hotel at the beach on Monday, it will be her first mini trip and beach visit I'm excited because the beach is my favorite place so I hope she loves it too 

@tulips29 You are so right about coming home, now it is the highlight of my day!

@2legbaby @ale9687    Hope your return to work is easy!

@Drove2u That's awesome! I would love to be able to work from home or part time, but I work m-t-Thur 8-5 and wed-Fr 7:30-4:30 plus about a half an hour drive, so I feel like I will never see my baby!

@ZoeFer It's good to know that you are fine even if you can only pump once a day sometimes! I need to get the hang of pumping at the office, so far it's very cumbersome. Today I forgot one of the pump parts and had to hand express... lol not very fun

@babylonghorn16 ughh stupid fly! I feel your pain, Bm is like liquid gold for me lol. I also got the ok at 6 weeks but I feel like you are right , that's being a bit extra cautious 

btw the app is being super annoying so forgive any typos, I don't have patience to keep fixing them 
    37 y.o 
    TTC since October 2014
    DX: Unexplained fertility 
    3 Failed IUI's 2015
    1st IVF cycle March 2016 , planned ICSI, PGS, FET
    ER 3/31/16 30 retrieved, 26 fertilized normally
    Sent 8 embryos for PGS: 5 normal (3 AA, 1BA, 1BC)
    FET 5/11/16 (1 embryo)
    Beta 5/23/16 BFN  :(
    2nd FET 6/12/16 (1 5AA embryo)
    ++++TW++++
    Beta 6/22/16 : BFP!!!  169 
    Beta #2 6/24/16: 412
    DD born 3/2/17
  •  At the dentist....first outing away from baby girl....hope they are used to people crying while getting their teeth cleaned LOL 
    ******TW*****
    Me 39 DH44
    Married 8/2/14
    TTC 9/14
    IVF #1 9/15 Failed
    IVF #2 12/15 Failed
  • tvh1982tvh1982 member
    For me it felt like a day out @2legbaby.
    Hope it that bad to be away and you could relax a little.

• It went well @tvh1982! No crying and it was kind of nice to grab lunch at the drive thru  afterwards! Dad and grandma survived as well-for baby fed andd put down before I was home!
    ******TW*****
    Me 39 DH44
    Married 8/2/14
    TTC 9/14
    IVF #1 9/15 Failed
    IVF #2 12/15 Failed
  • tvh1982tvh1982 member
    Glad it went well, this makes next time slightly easier to do...which means you'll relax a little.
    My LO is 7 months tomorrow and I still need some time to relax if I leave on my own, but it's so great once I do :)

• ale9687ale9687 member
    @2legbaby congrats on getting through your first outing tear free!! Each outing gets alittle easier and easier. At my 6w post delivery checkup I was there over 2 hours, I started crying after I screamed at the receptionist. Not my finest moment haha. 
  • Ha ha @ale9687!  I am sure they understood and you were braver than me- I  called before my 6 wk appointment and made sure it was ok to bring her. The receptionist even made sure I had a time that would avoid traffic!  Thankfully my dentist's office is very prompt and I was done in 40 mins....if there had been a lot of waiting I think I would have lost my mind too!
    ******TW*****
    Me 39 DH44
    Married 8/2/14
    TTC 9/14
    IVF #1 9/15 Failed
    IVF #2 12/15 Failed