Tell us about sleep, nighttime and naps-

Weight and length?

How are YOU feeling?

Questions or concerns?

Re: 8 Months Check In

• When does/did baby turn eight months?
    On the 29th

Any milestones hit?
    He pulls himself up, clicks his tongue to get your attention, crawls, has FINALLY mastered solids, and has started cows milk.

One long afternoon nap, sometimes a morning cat nap, and has been STTN for months.

Weight and length?
    Not sure right now.

How are YOU feeling?
    Pretty good :)

Questions or concerns?
    Nada, he seems to be doing prettt great!
    June 15th 
    Any milestones hit?
    First word- mumma  <3 
    Lots of verbalizing, crawling on all fours, pulling to stand, waving and attempting to say Hi which sounds more like Ha. Sleeping in her crib in her in room. 

One long late morning nap, one afternoon catnap. 
    Lately V is hard to get down,  has a boost of energy and can't relax. She also has been waking a few times after she goes down  :s she just wants to stand up in her crib so bad it's like she dreams about it and then therefore does it . 

Weight and length?
    16.10 oz
    27" long

How are YOU feeling?
    Tired! I was spoiled when she was STTN for the past couple months

Questions or concerns?
    Considering phasing out pumping and weening soon. Concerned about how she will handle it and questioning whether to start cow's milk or continuing formula supplementing until 1 year.  

Image result for its raining meme

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • If you phase out BM, I would use a gentle formula to mix with BM for week, then go straight to formula for a while, then mix with lactaid, then switch straight to lactaid (or regular whole cow's milk, whatever you prefer). We alternate formula and lactaid with Johnny now. Milk to drink when he's eating food, and formula on its own at bottle time. We would do regular milk, but since Jimmy has issues with the lactose in regular milk, we just try to avoid that possibility with Johnny til 12 months, then we'll get a little more brave with what we give him.

Johnny had been pulling that wanting to stand in bed and wake up crap too, he already quit though. Jimmy did it too when he was little. It all comes with this age, he'll get bored of it soon I'm sure and sleep well for you again :)
    June 23

Any milestones hit?
    Crawling fast, pulling up to stand at everything, cruising, grabbing food to feed herself, babbling Dada/daddy

sleep has been pretty good. Pretty much sleeping through the night. Sometimes she'll wake at 5:30 for a feeding and then go back to sleep til 7. Naps are about 1.5 hrs now. She has dropped the third nap but still hasn't stretched out her middle of the day wake time to compensate. I think H needs to start keeping her up longer between naps but that is probably another story for the BF thread. 

Weight and length?
    Around 17 lbs 26 in

How are YOU feeling?
    For the most part I'm feeling good. Love spending time with S and doing new things. Weirdly though, I like when H is at work at night so I can get my alone time. He was off a few days and I was pretty annoyed. Don't want to feel that way but I do. 

Questions or concerns?
    Just wondering if what they say is true about physical vs verbal milestones. S seems to be pretty early with the physical ones but I would think she could wave by now. She doesn't wave, clap, or say hi. I'm not worried about it but just wonder if it's because she Is more physical. 
  • @Ladybug2821 I also like when my husband works nights so I get alone time. I chalk it up to being demanded all day long by work, LO, dinner, husband, etc. All day long we put others needs first so of course we need some alone time when we get a chance to sit down and rest!