December 2017 Moms

Local mom group recommendations?

Has anyone found an active group or forum to connect with new moms in your city?  I'm in Atlanta and the local forum on the bump is not active.  Can anyone offer suggestions? Thanks!!

Re: Local mom group recommendations?

• Search on Facebook! There's groups for everything. Try Atalanta baby wearing, Atlanta moms, Atlanta stroller club, etc. My lactation consultant has a group that meets every few weeks and that was nice. You can also build your local social circle when baby arrives by attending a lot of classes at the library, or finding a park you love to hang out in. 
  • @babyharvey121717  I found an active La Leche League where I'm at that I'm going to check out a few times before baby comes. If nothing else I can pick up some breastfeeding tips! I've also looked at some groups on meetup.com, but most of the local ones here seem to be for SATM so the schedule doesn't work for me. I'm also planning to check out babywearing international, if that's something you're into. I wish all of us on this forum could just hang out!