Pregnant after IF

1st trimester Check-in Wk May29th

Sorry this is a day late!

Happy Monday ladies!!!

Welcome to those who are new to this board!! 

This is a weekly check-in for those in their 1st trimester: weeks 1 through the end of week 13. We've all gone through a lot to get to this point, so congratulations and best of luck to all of you over the next several months! 

1. How far along are you? What is your EDD?  

2. Which oh-so-lovely pregnancy symptoms are you having?  

3. When is your next appointment?  

4. Anything else you'd like to share?  

QOTW:

1. what is your favorite summer time activity?

Note: When you graduate up to the 2nd Trimester (woo hoo!!), write a quick post letting us know you are leaving. I want to keep the list updated, but don't want to delete names prematurely!                

Mommies to be:  

*If you wrote an estimate on your EDD and it changed, just tag me when it changes so that I can update. Thanks ladies!

@DungeonTrollMel EDD 11/29/17

@lizycs EDD 11/30/17

@Jeansis EDD 11/30/17

@shytonia EDD 12/1/17

@retas EDD 12/1/17

@nikkilegare EDD 12/1/17

@liljoy 12/6/17 

@MountainLady EDD 12/6/17

@carterh33 12/8/17

@PoeMasque EDD 12/8/17

@kmallery08 EDD 12/13/17

@makinganexpatbaby EDD 12/15/17

@stella_700 EDD 12/17/17 TWINS!

@baevn EDD 12/20/17

@khinca EDD 12/21/17

@taylormichel EDD 12/24/17 TWINS!

@wabash15 EDD 12/25/17

@takethelongway EDD 12/28/17 (est) (TWINS!)

@jackiesmom324 EDD 12/30/17

@wanderlust14 EDD 12/30/17

@klake42 EDD 1/2/18

@juliagoolia719 EDD 1/2/18

@klyn7 EDD1/6/18

@ryannenikole EDD 1/8/18

@whenwillieversleep1 EDD 1/13/18

@caseyw8784 EDD 1/25/18

*TW*
TTC 1/2012
Diagnosed : unexplained infertility
6 rounds of IUI and a MC 2/2014, rainbow twins 4/2015
TTC #3 5/2016
Restarted Fertility tx
IUI 2 rounds, baby girl 12/17

Re: 1st trimester Check-in Wk May29th

• 1. How far along are you? What is your EDD?  13.5 weeks and due 11/30 (so this will be my last week on the first trimester board @wabash15).  Can't believe how quickly the first trimester went!  

2. Which oh-so-lovely pregnancy symptoms are you having?  Sore boobs and emotional. Not so bad! :smile:

3. When is your next appointment?  June 14th

4. Anything else you'd like to share?  We just shared the news on social media this weekend. Kept it simple. It has been fun to finally get those "Congratulations!" that we've been giving to other people all these years. :blush:

QOTW:

1. what is your favorite summer time activity? I think just being outside. We are basically housebound all winter from the snow, so it is so nice to be able to spend extended periods of time outside in the summer. I love going for long walks, cooking out, and reading outside. 

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • caseyw8784caseyw8784 member
    edited May 2017

1. How far along are you? What is your EDD?  5 weeks 5 days...EDD is 1/25/18

2. Which oh-so-lovely pregnancy symptoms are you having?  Nausea has gone from very mild to attack mode! Went all out yesterday and bought those sea-band things to try, a few bottles of ginger ale, saltines, and lemon ginger tea...FX that it helps! Body is still wanting the 2-3 hour mid-day naps too...

3. When is your next appointment?  Had beta #3 today (20dp5dt) and hcg was 15,788! 8 days ago on 12dp5dt hcg was 506. Ultrasound is scheduled for Friday 6/9 since DH and I will be in California from 6/1-6/7...

4. Anything else you'd like to share?  Poor DH is being such a good sport!  We had a small argument that by the end, I was bawling tears and I had no clue why...lol! :lol: We also told my parents this past weekend. First grandchild for them, so they're very excited!

QOTW:

1. what is your favorite summer time activity? Being outdoors! DH and I love to walk this 3-4 mile path near our house that is on the Boston Harbor. My parents live in RI in the summer so I love to go down and walk around the downtown area/shopping wharfs, or spend a day on the boat. Relaxing is the sun! :smile:

ETA: words are hard.

• Loading the player...
  • @Jeansis  hooray for graduating to the 2nd trimester!!
    @caseyw8784 good luck with the trip, I hope the nausea isn't too rough for you while your traveling. Just make sure the ginger ale has actual ginger in it... Glad your numbers are looking great!

1. How far along are you? What is your EDD?  10+1 12/25

2. Which oh-so-lovely pregnancy symptoms are you having?  the nausea and  food aversions are still in full swing, and the fatigue... mornings and evenings are the worst. thankfully the first tirmester is moving along so hopefully it will pass soon.

3. When is your next appointment?  I think I am appointment buddies with @caseyw8784 next friday the 9th

4. Anything else you'd like to share?  DH has been a champ with all of my symptoms and wrangling the twins and waiting on me. 

QOTW:

1. what is your favorite summer time activity? I too love walks and my hammock! I am so excited its hammock season!

*TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx

• KLake42KLake42 member

9 weeks! 1/2, though I'm sure it will be moved up. 

Nausea is still kicking my ass, but diclegis has taken the edge off.  

This Thursday!  I'm praying we see a membrane between our little monochorionic twins.  I am terrified of the risks posed by monoamniotic twins. 

Is it okay to say that first trimester sucks?  I don't want to sound ungrateful, especially with what we've done to get here, but all the gratitude in the world doesn't mean that the nausea isn't happening.  Way happy to be here.  Will be way happy to make it to 2nd tri.

QOTW:

Drinking beer while kayaking in (relatively easy) white water rapids.  I'm not going to risk doing either right now, since the kayaking traditionally involves me tumbling out and banging myself up a little over the rocks at some point on the course.  

Maybe I'll find a place where I can float down a river on an inner tube, and drink some alcohol-free beer (I swear, I'm craving beer like crazy-- I'm not going to risk consuming any alcohol, but I did read that beer has folate, so maybe that's why I want it?)

Me- 39 (turning 40 in April), TTC for the first time ever (since Jan 2015), low ovarian reserve
    Married 3/14/14 to my wonderful wife, but her sperm count is rather low
    TTC with frozen donor sperm and science

7 IUIs, 7 BFNs.
    2 IVF attempts, both cancelled and converted to IUI, both BFNs.
    Decided that my tired old ovaries are ready to retire.
    Next step- reciprocal IVF, using my wife's eggs, my uterus!  
    fresh 5 day transfer (2 embryos) 4/17/17- BFP! 
    Identical twins "due" 1/2/17 (but anticipated arrival sometime December)

• @klake42 Yes, it is OK to say the first trimester sucks. I don't love it either. For some women the whole thing sucks and they don't love or even like being pregnant. It does not mean that your not grateful or excited for whats coming. Its Ok to cut yourself some slack. Fx for your US this week and that they see a membrane. Hang in there!! also in december there is a MOM thread and we have a girl who was also worried about Mo-mo, she just found out its mo-di but since your EDD is so close to december I don't think anyone would mind if you joined us. The thread is reasonably active with ladies pregnant with twins or who like me already have twins (one of the participants went through a mo-di twin pregnancy). 
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx

• 1. How far along are you? What is your EDD?  

12.5 weeks, 12/8

headaches and fatigue. This is the third headache that's sent me home from work in the first trimester, but if that's the worst of my symptoms I'll take it. So sorry for everyone who is nauseous and vomiting, I feel like I cheated somehow and got the "pregnancy is great!" experience. 

tomorrow for the NT scan and meeting with genetic counselor. So happy for this appointment to be over and for us to be in the clear. Also pretty excited to find out what sex this little bean is! 

I've been "showing" for over a week now and have started getting the "look at your little belly!" comments. All of my friends hated those comments in pregnancy and have even sent me articles about how rude it is to comment on a pregnant belly, but I love it. Maybe because of struggling so hard to actually be pregnant, but I feel like those comments celebrate women and their ability to grow a baby. I have one friend who is 33 weeks pregnant and constantly complains about people asking how she feels and commenting on her belly, I know she is looking to me for support, but I just don't find it offensive! 

QOTW:

I will also vote reading a book in a hammock on this one! We set ours up the other day, only to realize it was the winter home of several spiders and a colony of mold :( I was crushed! 

Me: 39 SO: 36

Dx: low progesterone, possible DOR - officially "unexplained"

TTC#1 since November 2015
    9/16/2016 IUI#1 - BFN
    10/12/2016 IUI#2 - BFN
    1/21/2017 Clomid/IUI#3 - BFN
    March 2017 IVF: BFP! (beta#1 191, beta#2 378!) - it's a boy! DS born 12/6/2017

TTC #2 since July 2018
    May 2019 IVF #2: BFP! (beta#1 346, beta#2 646) - vanishing twin at 8 weeks. Baby B still going strong - due 2/8/20!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • 1. How far along are you? What is your EDD?  

9+6 today, but babies were measuring 9+1 and 8+6 yesterday so OB has me at 9 weeks. EDD is now 1/2/2018, but with twins, we'll deliver in 2017.

Tons of watery discharge! Nausea and vomiting. Now that I'm weaning Estrace I've noticed a lot more headaches as well.

Had one yesterday, but we will do the NT scan on June 13th!

My sister's water broke this evening! She is at the hospital now as her labor has been progressing pretty quickly. I'm about to be an aunt!

QOTW:

1. What is your favorite summer time activity?

Last summer we went on an awesome road trip out West. But, when we don't do that, I love running everyday and going to the lake on the weekends. This summer we're traveling though and I'm super excited!

Me: 31 PCOS + Homozygous A1298C MTHFR DH: 32 A-OK!
    December 2015-IVF 24 eggs retrieved, 16 mature, 14 fertilized with ICSI, 9 frozen blastocysts
    January 2016-FET #1-BFP!
    February 2016-MC @ 7w3d
    April 2016-Hysterscopy and D&C
    May 2016-September 2016-Prepare to move to Qatar and TTC is on hold
    October 2016-Natural BFP & MC @ 6w
    December 2016-Natural CP
    April 2017-FET #2-BFP-It's TWINS!
    Follow our journey
  • @takethelongway are you drinking water like its your job? doing so may help with the headaches. glad the twins looked good at your scan.
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx

• Hello everyone! I hope it is ok that I post my first post here, I wasn't sure if there were guidelines. I have been putting off posting as I only just had my second beta done, but I told myself today, you should maybe start to believe this is a reality! 

A little about me, I was very active on the TTGP board from about Oct. 2015 through Sept. 2016, but things got hard when everyone seemed to move on and I didn't, so I joined some private groups, dabbled in the IF board, but wasn't super active there. Then I started reading this board and just hoped one day I could join! I am not sure a BMB will be for me, so I figured can't hurt to start here, maybe force myself to believe this is happening finally.

1. How far along are you? What is your EDD?  only 4 weeks 6 days - February 1st 2018

2. Which oh-so-lovely pregnancy symptoms are you having?  Not really anything yet, I could say I am tired...but I am always tired, and I could say I like carbs....but again I always like carbs :D 

3. When is your next appointment?  Tomorrow for 3rd beta, 1st was 156 on 9DP5DT and 2nd was 2562 on 14DP5DT. If all looks good tomorrow they will schedule my US sometime the week of June 12th, I really can't wait!

4. Anything else you'd like to share?  I look forward to getting to know you guys! I am sure everyone here is a wealth of knowledge. 

QOTW:

1. what is your favorite summer time activity? Boat days to our local sand bar! Nothing better then spending a whole day in the ocean and coming home a little bit burnt but completely happy!

TTC #1 - December 2015
    Me:31 H:31
    DX: MFI - 1% Morph 
    12/16 -IVF #1 - Antagonist Protocol w/ Lupron trigger
    ER - 11 retrieved- 9 mature - 7 fertilized - 3 sent for PGS on day 5 - No normals (1 XXX Embryo - may use in future)
    3/17 - IVF #2 - Antagonist Protocol w/ HCG trigger
    ER- 13 retrieved - 11 mature - 8 fertilized - 2 sent for PGS on day 5 -2 Normal
    FET #1 - 5/16/17 - BFP! - Beta #1 5/25 - 156 - Beta #2 5/30 - 2562 - Beta #3 6/1 - 5191!

• 1. How far along are you? What is your EDD?  11wks 3 days 12/17 but it'll be sooner with twins.

2. Which oh-so-lovely pregnancy symptoms are you having?  fatigue, minor dry heaving, some left side growing pains and some hip pain

3. When is your next appointment? June 8th for NT scan and bloodtest

4. Anything else you'd like to share?  I'm ready for 2nd trimester. I went to the baby stores for the first time this weekend.

QOTW:

1. what is your favorite summer time activity? I love the water, if its close to me you can count on me being in it. We've set up a small above ground pool and I'm looking forward to lounging in it under the canopy shade every weekend this summer.

• @Zoey1019 Of course you can post here!!! welcome! I remember you from TTGP. Congratulations on the BFP!! I'm sorry your road ended up being so long but am so glad your here. How many embies did you transfer?
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx

• Thank you @wabash15 ! I am glad to see you here too :smile: I remember you as well! I am so glad there is such an active IF thread now in TTGP, I think it will really help those that kind of "time out" of the regular TTGP life. 

We transferred 1! I was really happy to see the strong beta number, with the US so far away I needed some sort of sign things were going ok. 
    TTC #1 - December 2015
    ER - 11 retrieved- 9 mature - 7 fertilized - 3 sent for PGS on day 5 - No normals (1 XXX Embryo - may use in future)
    FET #1 - 5/16/17 - BFP! - Beta #1 5/25 - 156 - Beta #2 5/30 - 2562 - Beta #3 6/1 - 5191!

• @zoey1019 i think the wait from beta to US is WAY worse than the wait for a beta.  Hang in there and congrats again!
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx

• Klyn7Klyn7 member

@caseyw8784 yay!!! So happy to see you on here! It's been a while, but we chatted about PGD testing.

8.5 weeks, 1/6/18

Mostly nausea and heartburn in the evening, no vomiting. The spotting has disappeared, thankfully, even though I know it's normal. 

I just had my second ultrasound yesterday, last appointment with the RE! Everything looks good. They are weaning me off the meds. My next appointment is 6/9 with my OB office.

I recently drank some "sipping vinegar" at my friend's house and didn't have nausea that evening. I ran out and bought some, but then drank some yesterday and had the worst nausea yet last night. Who knows? I also read that probiotics might help, so I might try kefir, which is a fermented yogurt/milk. 

QOTW:

Not working. I'm a kindergarten teacher, so during the summer I do stuff I normally don't have time for, like getting a haircut, cooking dinner, relaxing, gardening. I need to work on work/life balance. 

*TW*
    Me: 36 DH: 34 Dx: MFI, TTC since 2014
    3 IVF retrievals.
    PGS and PGD results from 9 embryos: 1 genetically normal embryo.
    April 2017 transfer. BFP! M/C 11 weeks.
    Donor embryo program: January 2018 transfer. BFP, EDD 10/6/18

• edited June 2017
    @wabash15 I totally am! I aim for about 3 liters/day. However, since it is now Ramadan, I have to be sneaky at school as we're not allowed to eat or drink in public.
    December 2015-IVF 24 eggs retrieved, 16 mature, 14 fertilized with ICSI, 9 frozen blastocysts
    January 2016-FET #1-BFP!
    February 2016-MC @ 7w3d
    December 2016-Natural CP
    Follow our journey
  • @stella_700 I have the dry heaves too. Like every single day.
    January 2016-FET #1-BFP!
    February 2016-MC @ 7w3d
    December 2016-Natural CP
    Follow our journey
  • @takethelongway I start weaning estrace and progesterone next week (go to half dose estrace, and shift from PIO to suppositories for progesterone), for two weeks. I'm sorry you're having headaches, but I appreciate the info-- if it happens to me, I'll know to blame it on the estrogen.

And Happy Ramadan! Are you fasting? I would really struggle with that-- eating constantly is the only thing that holds my nausea at bay. If I understand right, it's up to you and doctor to decide whether you should fast, but I imagine that if you're not, it must be difficult, if you haven't told many people yet about the pregnancy. If it's too personal for me to ask, then I apologize.

My twins are growing right along with yours-- I'm 9 weeks and a few days, but they measured right at 9 weeks yesterday!
    Me- 39 (turning 40 in April), TTC for the first time ever (since Jan 2015), low ovarian reserve
    Married 3/14/14 to my wonderful wife, but her sperm count is rather low
    TTC with frozen donor sperm and science

7 IUIs, 7 BFNs.
    2 IVF attempts, both cancelled and converted to IUI, both BFNs.
    Decided that my tired old ovaries are ready to retire.
    Next step- reciprocal IVF, using my wife's eggs, my uterus!  
    fresh 5 day transfer (2 embryos) 4/17/17- BFP! 
    Identical twins "due" 1/2/17 (but anticipated arrival sometime December)

• @stella_700 @takethelongway  I had a dry heave this morning and wasn't sure what was going on with me!
    TTC #1 - December 2015

• liljoy-2liljoy-2 member
    edited June 2017
    Hi ladies, 
    I'm 14 weeks today, so I will be moving on the 2nd tri board. I'm still not as active here because I'm still in hyperemesis hell (looks like I'll never be normal again). On top of that I'm at risk for placenta previa. Still off work, in bed and pretty much crippled. My diet is bagels with cheese, one type of cracker, salted sunflower seeds and strawberries or peaches. That's all I can eat every day. And it's miles better than a few weeks ago when I ate NOTHING and had to be in the hospital for IV. 
    Good luck to all here, see you on the 2nd tri board, with hopefully more energy and good vibes. 
  • @KLake42 I will be off estrogen tomorrow and it's terrifying! PIO by the end of next week and Crinone the week after. 

I am not fasting. I live in Qatar so, while I don't fast (I'm not Muslim) our hours for work (well, and everything else!) are different. But, as most of the teachers in my building are also non-Muslim we have the breakroom door closed. Which is a blessing! I need to eat constantly too. The second I'm hungry (and I don't even feel it) it's major nausea and bile puking. Yuck! 

My twins are measuring about 4-5 days behind where I am, but since they keep growing the right amount between ultrasounds I'm not worried
    January 2016-FET #1-BFP!
    February 2016-MC @ 7w3d
    December 2016-Natural CP
    Follow our journey
  • @Zoey1019 I dry heave everyday! Especially when I exert myself in anyway. Seriously, even getting up from the couch usually prompts a heave lol
    January 2016-FET #1-BFP!
    February 2016-MC @ 7w3d
    December 2016-Natural CP
    Follow our journey
  • Hi ladies! I am 10dp5FET with first beta 46 at 8dp and second tomorrow. Line has gotten much darker so I'm feeling confident! 

1. How far along are you? What is your EDD? 4 weeks. February 9th

2. Which oh-so-lovely pregnancy symptoms are you having? Just cramping. Sometimes sharp in lower left side. And definite mood swings. 

3. When is your next appointment? Tomorrow AM second beta. Next Monday third. 

4. Anything else you'd like to share? The excitement is killing me as I am terrible at keeping my own secrets and I want to tell the world! 

QOTW:
    1. What is your favorite summer time activity? Since I live in Florida, anything beachside, poolside, or by boat. Although boating will be limited this year! 
  • 1. How far along are you? What is your EDD?  6w5d, Jan 23, 2018

2. Which oh-so-lovely pregnancy symptoms are you having?  Nausea with a capital N!  Hunger in the AM and heartburn in the PM, both which end up as more nausea.

3. When is your next appointment?  June 8 (follow up ultrasound, I went in last week to check on sudden bright red bleeding. Have a SCH or something else, so will get frequent checks).

4. Anything else you'd like to share?  You'll see in my sig, but we are excited and hesitant to share with real world due to outcome in the spring.

QOTW:

1. what is your favorite summer time activity? Swimming and hanging out by any water!

Congrats and nice to "meet" of you!

Married: October 2014

Me: 35 DH: 39

TTC since November 2014

Diagnosis: Anovulation from PCOSish without syndrome, Male factors - low motility and morphology issues

April-Sept. 2015 - Clomid and TI - BFN

Dec. 2015- HSG - Clear tubes

Jan., Feb., March 2016 - Letrozole 7.5mg and TI with HCG trigger= BFN

April, May, June 2016 - Letrozole 7.5mg and IUI with HCG trigger= BFN

September 2016 - IVF round #1;ER 9/26 with ICSI on 14 eggs - developed mild OHSS. 

Sept 2016 - 12 non-PGS embryos frozen (5 5AAs)

FET #1 Jan 16, 2017 - BFP!- MC at 6W5d

FET #2 May 8, 2017 - BFP! EDD 1-24-2018

• @liljoy I'm so sorry your still dealing with HG. I'm glad there are a few things you can eat. hang in there, you are such a warrior. I hope the second trimester brings some relief. 

@LadyMillil @angelaag and @JESSABER0414 welcome ladies!! I have been following all of your journeys and am so happy you find yourselves here!
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx