July 2017 Moms

FTM Check In 5/30

Hey first time mamas!

How far along are you?

Any new symptoms or changes since last check in?

Any appointments since last check in? How did it go? 

Rants/raves? 

Questions for FTM, or STM+? 

GTKY: Who is your favorite TV mom?
Me: 31 DH: 31
  <3 DS born 6/2017, became a heart angel 8/2018 <3
CP 3/2019

Re: FTM Check In 5/30

• manillabarmanillabar member
    edited May 2017
    How far along are you? 35w2d!

Any new symptoms or changes since last check in? I mentioned this in my ticker change, but nesting is kicking in! Along with some "I could have a baby soon" panic

Any appointments since last check in? How did it go? regular OB appt last wednesday which went fine

Rants/raves? Like I mentioned, I'm getting nervous about actually having this baby soon.  I'm also kind of nervous about how everything will play out after delivery. The NICU team will be there to examine her once she comes out (because of the possibility of the vascular ring giving her trouble breathing), and obviously this is important but I didn't think I would feel sad that I wouldn't get the immediate skin to skin and be the first to hold her.  Clearly it's not as important as her getting evaluated and making sure that she is ok, but it's just a change in what I've envisioned and it's finally hitting me. 
    ETA: I know that her issue isn't as serious as some that others are facing, so I hope this doesn't come off as clueless/insensitive...

GTKY: Who is your favorite TV mom? Clair Huxtable! She managed to be the perfect career woman and mother of 5. Plus she had attitude and was hilarious. When I was younger I used to imagine myself as her when I got older (except I would be a doctor instead of a lawyer). 
    TTC history in spoiler
    Me: 31 Him: 37
    Married: Oct 2015
    Baby G born June 2017
    TTC#2: July 2018
    BFP #2: 2/6/19 MC 3/14/19
    BFP#3 from IUI #2: 6/30/20 EDD 3/9/21

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• How far along are you? 34+1

Any new symptoms or changes since last check in? @manillabar - I'm with you on nesting! I get tired and my back hurts but I must organize all the things!!!!!

Any appointments since last check in? How did it go? Nope. Tomorrow. My appointments were switched to Wednesdays now bc of the Memorial Day holiday. 

Rants/raves? My sciatica pain is more often and I've finally decided to call a chiro. I'm getting some recommendations from friends. 

Questions for FTM, or STM+? I don't think so. 

GTKY: Who is your favorite TV mom? Roseanne! She's hilarious and always kept it real. :) I'm sure there are better ones out there, but she's the first that came to mind. 

@manillabar - I understand how you feel that things come across as insensitive bc there are mamas who have it worse. I thought the same thing when I had to have the growth scan a couple weeks ago. I found that even the mamas who were going through so much more were still so supportive and empathetic. We have a good group here so don't feel like you can't share your fears. Maybe certain issues aren't as severe as others, but it's still your baby and your entire world.

I'm sorry that you won't be able to hold your baby girl first. Obviously her health is more important, but I know I would feel the same way - I just want to hold my baby!
  • Loading the player...
  • @manillabar I totally agree with @ginger1228 - you are not being insensitive at all.  Being a FTM is SCARY, no matter if your baby is healthy or not.  I'm glad we have a community of other women all going through this together to lean on.  Please, don't be afraid to come to us for support when you need it.  We all have our own struggles.

@ginger1228 I'm sorry to hear your sciatica pain is getting worse.  Hopefully a chiro can provide you with some relief!  FWIW, a friend in my prenatal yoga class had bad sciatica pain, and she was able to alleviate it with swimming.  Not sure if you have access to a pool, but it might be worth a try.

How far along are you? 32+1

Any new symptoms or changes since last check in?  I feel like my bump got bigger over the last few days.  Hoping this means there was a growth spurt!

Any appointments since last check in? How did it go?  Everything was stable at my appointment Friday.  I go in today for another NST/BPP.  My OB said that if baby gets above 800 grams, we might be able to do a normal c-section instead of the classical (vertical) c-section.  That seems doable with the rate of growth we've been seeing, so I'm hoping we can get there!

Rants/raves? More family health stuff is stressing me out.  *TW* My grandmother died 2 weeks ago, and my grandfather was taken to the hospital this morning.  It's looking like he'll be okay, but it's still very stressful with all that is going on.  *End TW*

GTKY: Who is your favorite TV mom? I watched an episode of Malcolm in the Middle yesterday and I forgot how awesome Jane Kaczmarek is.  She runs her household and doesn't take sh*t from anyone!
    Me: 31 DH: 31
      <3 DS born 6/2017, became a heart angel 8/2018 <3
    CP 3/2019
  • @manillabar  I'm sorry you're disappointed with how the moments post-birth are going to be. In my opinion, fear, anxiety, etc isn't a competition, and you have every right to feel the way you do and to express that here.  I hope you have some time to process things before the big day, and that you'll get to hold her before you know it. 

How far along are you?
    31+3

swelling is starting to be more of an issue. 

Yeah. It was meh. My doctor was stuck in traffic so I ended up seeing a nurse practitioner. I feel like I don't get as thorough care with her (e.g. She didn't measure my fundal height) and I had some specific labor and delivery questions that I didn't ask because I didn't think she'd be able to answer them as well as my OB.  So I left feeling kind of stressed and unsettled. My vitals and baby's heartbeat were fine though, and now I'll start going every 2 weeks so hopefully I'll have time to get all my questions answered. 

Rants/raves? 
    Rant: getting a breast pump is a huge PITA with my insurance. I asked for a prescription at my last appointment and they ended up faxing a prescription to a medical supplier, which would be great except my insurance won't cover that supplier, so now I have to ask again for another prescription. This process seems so easy for everyone else. 

Kristina Braverman on Parenthood. She fights like crazy for her kids and seems to always know just what to say to them and how to deal with difficult parenting issues. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @SpongeWorthy - my cousin (basically one of bffs) has a super nice pool so I've been inviting myself over there occasionally. I'll have to more often!
    Good luck at your appt today! And I'm sorry about your grandpa. I get sooo stressed out anytime my granny is sick. I can't stand the thought of something happening to her. 
  • How far along are you? 31+3

Any new symptoms or changes since last check in? Same since forever...tired, sore hips, BH.  Nesting: I've been having similar freak outs.  We're putting the finishing touches on the nursery and I'm starting to go through all the baby stuff and it's like...whoa...we're having a baby!  I am starting to write a list of what I need to take to the hospital and what I need to talk to my doctor about for L&D.  I didn't think we'd get here when we got our BFP and now it's just suddenly so real...and exciting...and scary. 

Any appointments since last check in? How did it go?  Check up last Tuesday.  Everything is good!

Rants/raves?  If one more parent says to me 'just wait', I may lose my shit.  We spent the weekend at our lake house with my family and my SIL said that to me no less than a dozen times.  I was quite irritating because 1. I don't know what my kid is going to be like, behavior wise; 2. I don't like her parenting style; 3. I can't wait...I've wanted to be a mom my whole life. DH and I both come from strong homes (both sets of parents were HS sweethearts and have been together/married for 40+ years) and were raised with similar values, morals and beliefs.  Not saying that we wont have our fair share of child rearing issues but at least let us get there before you tell us how bad it is for you.

GTKY: Who is your favorite TV mom?  All the moms on Parenthood.  Each of them has a unique parenting style that works for their family but relay on each other.  I like to think that my mom, sisters and I are like that :)

@manillabar  I totally understand how you are feeling about your post labor/delivery, don't be afraid to share your fears and anxieties; even some of us that don't have prenatal issues that would compromise delivery can relate to how you are feeling.  Like you, I want nothing more than an uncomplicated labor and delivery and skin to skin for as long as I want, but have also had to accept that this may not happen and my health and the health of baby comes first.  Being a FTM, this unknown has been the hardest for me to grasp because it's completely out of our control, and for most of us, letting go is not in our nature.  I hope your little girl checks out with flying colors and she'll be in your arms before you know it! 

ME: 34 | DH: 36
    Married: 6/2016
    TTC:6/2016
    BFP: 11/22/2016 | EDD: 7/29/2017

• @SquirttheTurtle @greenbean-2 @ginger1228 @spongeworthy thanks for the support! I may or may not be tearing right now (spoiler alert: I totally am). I'm glad to have you all to talk to about this stuff.  Everything you've said is exactly what I would have said to anyone else but I guess I just get in my head sometimes. Glad we can all share concerns and support with each other <3

@ginger1228 I'm so sorry about the sciatica! That sounds horrible. I hope the chiropractor is helpful.

@spongeworthy I hope your appointment goes well today! I will keep my fingers crossed that the bump growth equals a nice growth spurt, and that you will get your normal c-section :)
    TTC history in spoiler
    Me: 31 Him: 37
    Married: Oct 2015
    Baby G born June 2017
    TTC#2: July 2018
    BFP #2: 2/6/19 MC 3/14/19
    BFP#3 from IUI #2: 6/30/20 EDD 3/9/21

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• I wish I was nesting, my apartment is a mess! I think once the school year is done and I have more time and post baby shower when I'm surrounding by baby stuff I'll feel the urge. 

@ginger1228 Chiro is a game changer for back/sciatica pain. I'm super lucky to have a chiropractor/acupuncturist father and have been getting bi-weekly treatments. 

@greenbean-2 Getting my pump was a pain for me too. I called my insurance to ask how to go about it and who their suppliers are and for the first 30 minutes they're telling me it's not covered. Then they only gave me the name of 1 supplier who only sold one type of pump so I had to call back and find out all available options. If you call the supplier, they can usually contact the Dr office for you to get a prescription, my office handed me a physical one so I took a picture and emailed it to them. 

How far along are you?

31+2

Was woken up from crazy kicks for the first time. Was certain he was causing some internal damage he was kicking so hard. 

Had an appointment last week. All is normal, was head down which is awesome but I swear he's flipped twice since then. I asked again about Nitrous Oxide, still not available at my hospital (currently in the works) but he said he can probably get a loaner from the distributer. Also got my prescription for my pump so after far too many phone calls, was able to order my Spectra. 

Rants/raves? 
    I feel like I shouldn't complain because I've been so lucky to have a normal pregnancy but my skin is so awful. My entire face is covered in acne and I have large cysts that have completely changed the shape of my face. I've been seeing the derm bi-monthly with very little progress and I can't help but think it won't ever get better.  I'm dreading my baby shower because the thought of seeing a bunch of people and them wanting to take pictures makes me want to cry. 

Is a hospital tour really necessary? My OB knew all of the answers to my hospital questions and they have a very informative website. I feel like it isn't worth the time/energy. 

Lorelei Gilmore-Definitely wouldn't have the same parenting style as her but I just love the Gilmore Girls. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @jkbrownstein That's a good idea to call the supplier instead of just going through their website. Maybe they can help.

Also, we're doing a hospital tour just so we know exactly where to go and because I feel like I can mentally prepare for things better if I can visualize them (e.g. What the labor rooms look like, that sort of thing). 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @ginger1228 I started seeing a chiro around 31 weeks - best thing I have done my entire pregnancy. I feel amazing when I leave there!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • How far along are you? 33w3d

Any new symptoms or changes since last check in? I can't tell where baby is anymore. We have an ultrasound later this week to check her position because she was head down at 32 weeks still. Now I feel like she flips back and forth. Her movements feel like total body shifts and not kicks/punches. 

Any appointments since last check in? How did it go? No, but have my 34 week check up this week.

Rants/raves? I came down with a cold late last week. Still can't shake it. How I miss being able to take ibuprofen, my throat is so swollen. I almost went to urgent care this weekend it was so unbearable. At least my job affords me the ability to work from home so I can stay on the couch. 

GTKY: Who is your favorite TV mom? Roseanne, she was always in charge and took no crap. And Gloria from Modern Family for always looking so fabulous
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • RubyRedPirateRubyRedPirate member
    edited May 2017
    @jkbrownstein We did our hospital tour last week. I didnt think it was needed but my husband pushed for it. I'm glad I did it. They answered questions I didnt even know that I had and I felt so much better about everything, though I went in with no expectations. 

Hey first time mamas!

How far along are you? 33+4 today 

Any new symptoms or changes since last check in? Cramping. I only have braxton hicks after sex so I know that's not what I'm experiencing. It feels like period cramps that come and go throught the day, but no pattern. Been going on yesterday and today

Any appointments since last check in? How did it go? no more appointments until June 13th

Rants/raves? I work with the public and I wear scrubs that hide a lot of my belly. When people finally notice, my belly gets assaulted before I even know whats happening, and people dont ask. Plus my scrubs get nasty quick, I wouldnt want to touch them if I were them. 

Questions for FTM, or STM+? The hospital Im delivering at is anti-pacifier for the first 4 weeks due to nipple confusion. After breastfeeding is established, did you find this true with pacifiers?

GTKY: Who is your favorite TV mom? Not a TV show, but Patricia Clarkson from the movie Easy A. I'll take Stanley Tucci as my dad too
    ME: 28 DH: 27
    Started Dating: 10/20/2006
     Married: 10/20/2013
    MMC @ 8w 12/15
    MC @ 5w 03/16
    ALEXANDER JAMES DUE JULY 15th!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • How far along are you? 34w5d

Any new symptoms or changes since last check in? Considering I went to OB Triage last night for monitoring for some BP issues, I'd say yes. LOL. All my labs came back normal and now I just have to do a 24 hour pee collection. Fun times.

Any appointments since last check in? How did it go? Nope.

Rants/raves? If I could remember to bring my work computer home every day and turn off my desk fan, that would be great.

GTKY: Who is your favorite TV mom? The mom from Home Improvement. I loved that show. :)
    Married: 10/13/2013
    TTC #1: Mirena removed 5/26/2015; DH - normal SA, me - diagnosed with PCOS 8/4/2016 - on Metformin; BFP - 10/29/2016!!!, EDD - 7/8/2017; DD born 6/29/2017
  • @RubyRedPirate my kids had pacifiers from day one with no nipple confusion and I EBF.
  • mrsla0512 said:
    @RubyRedPirate my kids had pacifiers from day one with no nipple confusion and I EBF.
    +1 - Same for me and my kids.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • How far along are you? 34 weeks 

Any new symptoms or changes since last check in? Not really. Some cramping. Definitely more pain with baby movements, especially in my pelvis. 

Any appointments since last check in? How did it go? Yesterday. Went well, pretty standard. I had to midwife I'm hoping to have for delivery, and it re-solidifed that she's my favorite. They do an internal exam next time (36 weeks) which I'm actually looking forward too. 

Rants/raves? Rant: continued back problems. Rave: DH is finally understanding that I need my space protected in the beginning and that I won't be able to do house stuff for a little while. He was respected the space thing, but now he finally gets how important it is. 

GTKY: Who is your favorite TV mom? I'll have to agree with @RubyRedPirate here. I couldn't even think of one, but I do totally think those parents are great and hope to be like that. 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
    Started dating: July 1st, 2013
    Engaged: July 1st, 2014
    Married: July 1st, 2016
    R born: July 8th, 2017
    N born: June 30th, 2019
    Baby #3 Due: July 7th, 2022
    (maybe I only ovulate in October XD)