November 2017 Moms

Sh*t People Say to Pregnant Women

Re: Sh*t People Say to Pregnant Women

• @jess0211 how great for her that she used her pregnancy as an excuse to eat crap. You do you, girl. Sounds like someone is self conscious that you still look more amazing pregnant than she does not pregnant.
    Totally agreed. She's just pissed that she used the excuse and gained the weight and wants you to do the same thing.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Loading the player...
  • @DuchessOfCambridge @kissthesky32@am+mommy you ladies are the best, seriously.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @DuchessOfCambridge lol someone who I barely know made that comment on my fb page..

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @jess0211 as if we didn't plan on handing over litter duties to our DHs before even getting our BFPs lol

• @DuchessOfCambridge that exact reason is why I don't have a cat... we looked into getting one while TTC but then I told DH when I got pregnant he would have to take care of the litter... he didnt want to have to do that!
  • When I was 8 months pregnant there was a lady who came into my clinic who wouldn't let me touch her cat during the appointment. I told her I had been working there my whole pregnancy, taking precautions, and that I had a cat of my own. But she couldn't be persuaded and I had to get another nurse to come take over my appointment. So ridiculous. 
  • @ooodalollly yeah I've heard of people ignoring their cats during pregnancy but I just can't. I love him too much and snuggle him all the time and he gets a minimum of probably 30 kisses a day. He's an indoor cat and DH handles litter so I'm not that worried. I feel like if I was going to have toxo I already would have been exposed.

• bcashawbcashaw member
    @jess0211 thanks. I just try to see her as little as possible and limit our interactions 
  • @bcashaw wow.... just wow. Has she been living under a rock to believe PPD isn't real!? 
  • bcashawbcashaw member
    @ooodalollly same.  Thanks for the solidarity though, I need it. 
  • @jess0211 I had a coworker tell me I wasn't eating enough either. My apps say I should have gained 5lbs by now but I've only gained 1.5....technically I gained 4.5 but that's only because I lost 3 after we conceived. I definitely haven't been eating the healthiest but that's cuz carbs are the only thing I can keep down. And burgers lol. I wish I could eat bigger meals or different foods. But until I can, I'll just be snacking all day and gaining my little bit of weight at a time.  Until my Dr tells me otherwise I will do what I'm doing. 
  • @kaitlinliz yes, exactly! I'm eating, just not what they think I should or how much I guess. I've gained about 3 lbs.and have my little bump at 17 weeks so unless my doctor tells me I need to eat more or different I'm going to keep doing what I am doing.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @DuchessOfCambridge that exact reason is why I don't have a cat... we looked into getting one while TTC but then I told DH when I got pregnant he would have to take care of the litter... he didnt want to have to do that!

Wait did he just expect you to do it?  Like I see a lot of this and wonder if these men never expected that looking after their pets doing their washing ..changing their baby was actually their responsibility ? 
    I find it off cause my husband does things cause they need doing not to 'help' as if it is my job 
    I mostly do washing but that's because I'm home in day time when it's easy to dry and get dome but he'll put it on on weekends if something goes needs doing 
    We have a parrot who we both take care of

• @DuchessOfCambridge by that logic we should get "teenager at home leave" too

Pregnancy Ticker
  • bcashawbcashaw member
    @DuchessOfCambridge as someone with teenagers, they need you more because you are likely actively avoiding them. 
  • bcashawbcashaw member
    @ooodalollly I love my mom. But mom's are the worst. 
  • @bcashaw Same. She was a great source of support to me last time, so I don't understand what changed. 
  • bcashaw said:
    @ooodalollly I love my mom. But mom's are the worst. 
    This.  Lol 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • newmommy789newmommy789 member
    edited June 2017
    Wow why are people so rude. I loved being the third child. I am truly sorry. Its great being the third child in the family. Only thing that was hard my siblings was we were a year a part of each other and I was 7 years a part from them. 
  • In this slew of terribleness, my biggest complaint lately is when people tell me not to worry, that everything will be alright, and to think positive. Ughhhhh.

And these are all people who have never had twins, who don't understand the risks. Also, I don't believe in positive thinking as a method of creating a positive reality. No amount of positive thinking is going to change the risk of TTTS. Just let me worry! And let me vent about it once in a while! 
  • @bklynchica Ugh. I've never had multiples either but geez, when a pregnant woman wants to vent let her vent! I hate when feelings go invalidated, especially by people who have no idea what they're talking about. 
  • @bklynchica +1 (or +4) to everything said so far. Your feelings are legitimate and people shouldn't be hushing you. How are you supposed to get the stress out if everyone keeps trying to bottle it up!