Baby Names
Options

unique but not Yoo-Neek MN girl help

Hi all,
I am looking for a fun but not super crazy MN for a girl. We haven't picked a first name yet but  to give you an idea our list has the following names on it. I put a  * on my current favourites

Alice*
Astrid*
Audrey
Brynn
Ella
Clara
Fiona
Freya*
Isla*
Jane
Jude
Nina

a few ideas that  came up were:
Wilder

Rogue

Hendrix

Sparrow

Im not in love with them and looking to add to the list if you have any suggestions?

this girl will join her brother 'Cole Stryker'  our last name is 3 syllables and ends in "son'

Re: unique but not Yoo-Neek MN girl help

• Options
    So the first list is possible first names? I'd scratch Jude, since it's not a girl name. My faves are: Clara and Jane. I also like Alice, Astrid, Audrey, Freya and Fiona.

When it comes to the second list I'd scratch Wilder (boy name) and Hendrix (surname, mostly give to boys). Honestly, I'm not a fan of Rogue. Sparrow is okay.

I actually love the Clara Jane combo. Other middle name options (I'm delving into the nature names list I have):
    Meadow
    Clover
    Saffran
    Magnolia
    Marigold
    Dahlia
    Amaryllis

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    SouptinSouptin member
    Thanks @FakeFinn  Yes the first list is possible first names. I agree with Jude and Hendrix.   Wilder I was on the fence about,  I really liked it for a boys MN but wondered if it was TOO masculine sounding.  
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I really don't like any of your current middle options. Of them I like Sparrow the best, but it's a bit of a shame they just drug out another pirates movie. 

Alice Sparrow would be my vote. I think nature names work great in the middle, and honestly it's a lot less tired then using a famous dead persons surname.

As for Rogue, if it's a D&D class, it's not a name. 
  • Options
    SouptinSouptin member
    Thanks @Bringmemylongswordho as I said I wasn't in love with the MN suggestions we had-I was hoping  adding what had would give idea of the direction we were sort of steering towards but I see it didn't work so well as it just caused distraction.  For clarification Rogue we got from Xmen, I had to google what a D&D class was haha.
  • Options
    Middle name suggestions (since my reading comprehension is off today)

Aster
    Anna Marie
    Raven
    Jubilee
    Frances
    Tempest
    Winter
    Verity
    Lark
    Avis
    Alouette
    Finch
  • Options
    There is a great post of nature names from this month that you should totally check out for middle names, Willow is one of my favorite for middle.
  • Options
    I actually kind of like Rogue.  Personally, I think Astrid Rogue sounds pretty cool. But, with Stryker as your son's mn, it might be too much to pick an X-Men name.  I like some of the names others have suggested such as Winter and Clover. I would also suggest Coral and Willow. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
    Baby number 2 due 4/11/20
  • Options
    cantrelljacantrellja member
    edited May 2017
    Clara Wren
    Jane Gray
    Alice Snow
    Audrey Rain
    Astrid Moon
    Nina Fleur
    Brynn Lyric
    Ella Neve/ Ella Yves
    Anna Winter
    Freya Sage
    Isla Saffron

• Options
    SouptinSouptin member
    Middle name suggestions (since my reading comprehension is off today)

Aster
    Anna Marie  this is actually MY middle name ( just spelled as one word not 2)
    Raven
    Jubilee
    Frances This is my mothers name
    Tempest
    Winter
    Verity
    Lark
    Avis
    Alouette
    Finch- I pitched this to DH a few weeks ago.
    Thanks! I did a double take when I read the list for the bolded above.  Ive added a few of those to the list.
  • Options
    SouptinSouptin member
    @bridge-and-wall I had paired those names up as well!  Willow is really pretty. Thanks for the suggestions

• Options
    SouptinSouptin member
    Clara Wren
    Jane Gray
    Alice Snow
    Audrey Rain
    Astrid Moon
    Nina Fleur
    Brynn Lyric
    Ella Neve/ Ella Yves
    Anna Winter
    Freya Sage <3
    Isla Saffron

Thanks these are great- Freya Sage is my standout from that list!
  • Options
    Can you choose a middle name based on something with significance to you? A season or month or color or place that is meaningful? I like the sound of a lot of the suggestions you are getting though!
  • Options
    JMU_Bride09JMU_Bride09 member
    edited May 2017
    Amity 
    Annabel
    Avery
    Brenna 
    Briella
    Catriona 
    Eleanor
    Eugenia
    Fabiola