July 2017 Moms

Weekend Randoms- Memorial Day Weekend Edition!

2»

Re: Weekend Randoms- Memorial Day Weekend Edition!

• @AdaByron - keeping my fingers crossed that it's BH and they calm down soon!

and WTH dr?!? Call her back!!!
    married 7.18.12   DS1 4.29.13   EDD 11.23.14

my happy boy

• BusyZeeBusyZee member
    @AdaByron oh wow will be thinking of you! Take care!!  <3
  • Loading the player...
  • LoveLee85LoveLee85 member
    edited May 2017
    @AdaByron hope the doc calls back soon! I found my iPhone 'notes' of my contractions I was keeping track of when I was trying to figure out what was going on. I was home alone husband was working over night. It all started in the evening. It reads as follows:

8:47 umm maybe I have to poop
    9:01 didn't poop, kinda hurts
    ...fast forward...
    11:30 omg ouch 
    11:37 omggg really 
    11:50 wtf is happening 

My water broke on its own shorty after 2am when we checked into L&D! 

hahaha it is actually hilarious to look back on now. Mine got painful after two hours. 

Eta: autocorrect on here is bonkers.
  • Hoping it's nothing @AdaByron !!!
  • nktrodden826nktrodden826 member
    edited May 2017
    @AdaByron can you take a bath or a warm shower and see if they stop? When I had contractions 5ish mins apart consistently my Dr told me to take a bath and see if they went away and sure enough they did! 

ETA I just realized this was like 3 hrs ago- I hope you've heard from them!
  • @AdaByron can you take a bath or a warm shower and see if they stop? When I had contractions 5ish mins apart consistently my Dr told me to take a bath and see if they went away and sure enough they did! 

ETA I just realized this was like 3 hrs ago- I hope you've heard from them!
    I actually just got a call back. 4 hours after I called. I guess there was a problem with the pager system today. In the meantime, I did take a shower and I think it helped. But I might just not notice them as much when I'm distracted. I also think the contractions might be triggered by baby moving like crazy, which happens when I sit/lay down more than when I'm standing. Anyway, the doctor said to just rest and come in to the office in the morning for a check if nothing has changed. 
  • @adabyron how are you feeling? Hope they eased up (and that your doctor called you back!)
    TTC history in spoiler
    Me: 31 Him: 37
    Married: Oct 2015
    Baby G born June 2017
    TTC#2: July 2018
    BFP #2: 2/6/19 MC 3/14/19
    BFP#3 from IUI #2: 6/30/20 EDD 3/9/21

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• @adabyron how are you feeling? Hope they eased up (and that your doctor called you back!)
    He called me back and said he doesn't think I need to go to the hospital. So I stopped timing the contractions. I'm sitting here catching up on TV trying not to think about it. Contractions are still coming, but it's not getting worse so I'm gonna wait til morning and go into the office to get checked 
  • AdaByron said:
    @adabyron how are you feeling? Hope they eased up (and that your doctor called you back!)
    He called me back and said he doesn't think I need to go to the hospital. So I stopped timing the contractions. I'm sitting here catching up on TV trying not to think about it. Contractions are still coming, but it's not getting worse so I'm gonna wait til morning and go into the office to get checked 
    ah ok, in that case I hope they peter out overnight! Hopefully you just overdid it a little and some rest is all you need.
    TTC history in spoiler
    Me: 31 Him: 37
    Married: Oct 2015
    Baby G born June 2017
    TTC#2: July 2018
    BFP #2: 2/6/19 MC 3/14/19
    BFP#3 from IUI #2: 6/30/20 EDD 3/9/21

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• rnw2019rnw2019 member
    @AdaByron I hope things settled down overnight, and that your checkup goes well! 
  • @AdaByron hope you have a good appointment. I increased my water consumption after having contractions last week and it has helped. 
  • Of course I started coming down with a cold on Friday. I was sick all weekend. And still am :( 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • BusyZeeBusyZee member
    Of course I started coming down with a cold on Friday. I was sick all weekend. And still am :( 
    Get well soon! 
  • @AdaByron hope you had an uneventful night and a good appointment today

FFC: I haven't been drinking enough water this pregnancy. It has started to bite me in the ass, MAJORLY. So now I'm hydrating like a champ every day, and feeling better.

• Had a NST at my appointment today. It seems baby is not bothered by the contractions, which is good. Had a cervical check and swab and there was some bacteria present that could be causing them so I got an antibiotic and it will hopefully get things back to normal by tomorrow. 
  • ljd2010ljd2010 member
    @AdaByron hope the antibiotic helps! Sorry if I missed this, but are you done teaching for the summer yet?
  • ljd2010 said:
    @AdaByron hope the antibiotic helps! Sorry if I missed this, but are you done teaching for the summer yet?
    Not quite. Normal classes are over but I have 2 exams to give on Thursday, and I have to go in for a couple random meetings tomorrow and Friday and one day next week.