October 2017 Moms

Weekly Randoms | 5.30.17

it is another week ladies! lemme hear your randoms!
                                  DD1 - 10/11/13                 DD2 - 5/07/15

Pregnancy Ticker

May Siggy Challenge: Parenting Fails
Image result for parenting fails

Re: Weekly Randoms | 5.30.17

• Loading the player...
  • I pulled the trigger early and got a pair of maternity shorts a while back because I was seriously pushing it in my normal shorts to begin with (I was in denial about weight gain pre-BFP). 
    Since then (almost 2 months?) SIL has been promising to give me all her maternity clothes every time I see her. Has yet to happen but something's gotta give soon because even my stretchy work slacks are starting to fit uncomfortably. 
    **April Siggy Challenge**Baby Animals**

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @jessafishy That sucks you don't have any maternity stores nearby. I don't have any in my town, but 30-45 minutes away there are a couple. 
  • Wow is 23 weeks viability already???? 

• @PizzaMonster3 I'll be there on Sunday! 
  • SOAB I don't think I ever logged onto desktop to update my siggy for the challenge after I claimed one. I think I have my cute puppy instead of my mom fail lmao. It was such a good one too
    **April Siggy Challenge**Baby Animals**

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @PizzaMonster3 You should definitely start one! It'll be so exciting so see everyone's babies reach viability. 
  • Hi ladies! Playing catch up after the long weekend. I hope everyone enjoyed an extra day! 

Maternity clothes - I can't stand how pricey they are! I got a bunch from a friend that worked up until 2 weeks ago. Now I feel like a sausage stuffing myself into some of them. Hoping I can find some good stuff on consignment this week to fill in the gaps. There's a great mom and baby/child consignment shop down the hill with good stuff!

@PizzaMonster3 yay for viability!! I'll be joining you next week!

Came home from our weekend getaway with 3 bags of baby boy hand me down clothes, bassinet, bottles and boppy pillow! So incredibly thankful for my cousins baby mama! Let the nesting begin! 

If I'm not around much today it's because I'm recovering from 12 hours in the car yesterday ... I feel like I was hit by a truck!
  • migdalamigdala member
    Anyone else have a rash on their hips?  I have no idea what this is... it's just below my panty line on both sides and there are a bunch of itchy raised bumps.  I've never had super sensitive skin so this is completely foreign to me...
  • @Brambles23 @sdarling2010 I'm jealous of you guys getting so much hand-me-down stuff! My two closest cousins both just had babies themselves and aren't ready to part with any gear, and my BIL/SIL are not thoughtful enough to give us anything. Grrrrr.
  • @soprano19 I hope you're able to get at least some stuff from your cousins! 

@beezeemarie thanks for the suggestion on old navy dresses. I was wondering which would be best for the Bump! I'll have to check them out!
  • Sometime Zulily has decent maternity clothes sales - if you're willing to wait for the shipping!
    TTC x 1.5 years.
    Acupuncture, Femera x3 cyles, and HSG.
    BFP in September 2014, DS born June 2015.
    TTC x2 months.
    BFP January 2017.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I've had pretty good success with Old Navy for maternity clothes, but I feel like I've been online shopping and returning like crazy.  There's been some good deals but it's insane how expensive this stuff is!

@migdala I had a rash develop on my upper right thigh last week and I was itchy all over. It has since disappeared so I wonder if I got a bug bite of some sort or got into something outside.  Hopefully your rash goes away soon!
    Me: 35     DH: 37
    BFP: 1.6.16 | MC: 2.17.16
    BFP: 10.3.16 | CP: 10.11.16
    BFP: 12.14.16 | CP: 12.14.16
    BFP:  1.23.17 | EDD 10.6.17 -- DS born 10.7.17 <3
    BFP:  9.9.18 | EDD 5.23.19 -- DD born 5.24.19 <3
    BFP: 9.1.21 | MC 10.1.21
    BFP: 11.11.21 | EDD 7.24.22 

• Speaking of maternity clothes. Anyone here sew/ know how difficult/easy it would be to sew belt loops on maternity jeans? I remember we were talking about how annoying it is that they don't come with any. It's not a good look to reach under my shirt and grab onto the stretchy part to hike the pants up. 

• I'm also not a huge fan of maternity clothes. I feel like none of the ones I've seen fit with my normal style, and I don't want to sacrifice that. Maxi dresses it is!
  • i always say i am going to wear dresses more. but then comes time to put one on and it seems like that is the end of the world to me. i think its bc my thighs touch. i hate the feeling of thighs touching.

Pregnancy Ticker

• @carries2018 I get that. Can you get some shorts or something for underneath?
  • probably that isnt a bad idea but that sounds like a hassle too haha. but that could be the solution to all my problemz in life.

Pregnancy Ticker

• @carries2018 I was so excited to be pregnant over the summer for once because I was convinced I could finally pull off dresses, because pregnancy and dresses is cute, right? Until I tried some on this weekend and they hung off my bump like a circus tent. I'm with you on the thigh touching. I can't wear shorts to bed for that reason also

I think the multi million dollar idea is to start a company whose mission it is is to make good-looking maternity clothes. I cringe at all the options out there and I find myself constantly muttering "who the Hell actually wants to wear this?" every couple of seconds when I go shopping
  • I've tried to go shopping for maternity clothes 3-4 times so far and I just can't bring myself to do it. So finally I bought a bunch of stuff online last night. I'll probably return most of it but hopefully there is a keeper or two in the bunch.