Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

GTKY: Wedding Music

Let's talk about wedding music! 

What song did you walk down the aisle to at your wedding? 

What was your recessional song? 

What about your first dance?

Any other special musical moments from your wedding that you want to share? (Special dances, etc.)

Re: GTKY: Wedding Music

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @vflux33 Gogol Bordello is so fun! I saw them live when I lived in Portland and it was wild!

@doxiemoxie212 Yay for 90s kids - I love that song :smile:
    TW
    Me: 33 DH: 32
    Started Dating: 2003 Married: 2013
    Started TTC August 2016
    BFP: 2/1/17 MC: 2/8/17
    BFP: 3/8/17 MMC: 5/1/17
    BFP: 7/23/17 EDD: 4/5/18
    BFP: 2/27/20

• Options
    vflux33vflux33 member
    @hedgepig Cool pic!

I also saw Gogol Bordello live when I lived in Portland!! What year? 
  • Options
    @mschanandlerbong1214 Love the cake!

@kiwi2628 hedwigs song- <3

@kbamomma33 great idea! 

TTC#1 10/2016
    TTC/IF:included medicated cycles, IUIs and 2 rounds of IVF with 1 embryo each. 
    BFP finally in 12/2018

TTC#2 06/2021
    planning FET

"Some days are diamonds, some days are rocks,
    some doors are open, some roads are blocked" 

• Options
    @vflux33 I didn't know you lived in Portland too! I went to college there from 2005-2009, and saw Gogol Bordello at the Crystal Ballroom in late 2005 or early 2006. How about you?
    TW
    Started TTC August 2016

• Options
    vflux33vflux33 member
    @hedgepig We overlapped a bit! I lived in Corvallis and then Portland 2007-2009. I think I saw Gogol Bordello in like 2008? I could be a bit off. My life in Oregon was regrettably brief. I LOVED it there. 

That would have been such a weird coincidence if we were both at the same concert--close though!
  • Options
    @vflux33 Yeah, I was definitely getting a little excited at the idea that we might have been at the same show! I also loved PDX, and Oregon in general. If all of our family wasn't here I think we would probably live up there. 
    TW
    Started TTC August 2016

• Options
    I'm thinking so @mispanda!  Silly Catholics and their rules lol.  My mom really wanted me to have the full mass but since DH is Presbyterian, my priest said we couldn't do it.  

"It's time to try defying gravity."

Me: 38  DH: 38
    Married 6/11/16
    TTC Since 6/2016
    12/2016 RE appt; 1/2017 SA & HSG results - all normal
    3/2017 Dx Hyperprolactinemia; 5/2017 Prolactin levels normal; 8/2017 Low Ovarian Reserve
    8/2017 TTA for personal reasons; 10/2017 NTNP; 12/2017 Re-start TTC
    7/2018 Clomid+IUI
    11/2018 Letrozole+TI
    12/2018 Letrozole+IUI
    2/2019 NTNP
    5/2019 Stopping all TTC efforts; living Childfree
  • Options
    @lulu1180 we had a full mass.  Longest ceremony ever  :D   We did warn all our non-Catholic friends before it.
  • Options
    Is it bad that I can't remember? In my defense its been 5 years ago and I am not good at remembering songs from a day ago.  :/ My husband was way more into this than I was. He handled the music and I picked everything else. I know Uncle Kracker - Smile was in there somewhere. I know our first dance was Bon Jovi Thank you for loving me. And he did play his guitar and sing me a song at our wedding (I am a horrible wife because I cannot for the life of me remember what it was). 

@kiwi2628 I wish I had thought of Hedwigs song!!! I would have totally fought for this one. 
  • Options
    AliW220AliW220 member
    @grnmtnmama Oh my gosh, I love it, like I'm getting tears in my eyes  reading your description of it (holy hormones batman). What a memorable day!!! It's so freaking romantic. 
    Me: 29  DH: 33
    Married April 1st 2017 <3
    DS #1: May 2009 
    DS #2: Jan 2012 

• Options
    What song did you walk down the aisle to at your wedding? We did the traditional Wedding March 

What was your recessional song? The traditional church recessional, I honestly have no idea what it's called

What about your first dance? Lucky by Jason Mraz and Colby Caillat 

Any other special musical moments from your wedding that you want to share? (Special dances, etc.) 
    My dad and I danced to Wind Beneath My Wings by Bette Midler. The bridal party walked in at the reception to Marry You by Bruno Mars and DH and I walked in to Forever by Chris Brown. I told the DJ he was not allowed to play Single Ladies by Beyoncé or anything by Billy Joel lol. 
    TTC History
    Me: 35 DH: 34
    Married 07/2012
    DD born 07/2014
    DD2 born 10/2018
    DS born 10/2022

IF history:
    TTC #2 since January 2016
    June-Aug 2017: 3 IUIs w/Clomid = BFN
    Sept 2017: Dx w/Endometriosis
    Oct 2017: IUI w/Letrozole = BFN
    Nov 2017: IUI w/Letrozole = BFN
    Dec 2017: pre-IVF testing
    Jan-Feb 2018: IVF--17 eggs retrieved, 13 fertilized, 9 frozen and 1 transferred on 2/10 = BFP on 2/19!!! EDD 10/29/2018
    FET Oct 2021: BFP on 10/31! MC at 5 weeks
    FET Feb 2022: BFP on 2/15! EDD 10/29/22

• Options
    @vflux33 @hedgepig - Another devoted Gogol Bordello fan here! I've seen them 4 times, in 3 different cities. My sister and I have been known to plan trips around their tour schedule.  :#

What song did you walk down the aisle to at your wedding? Well, there wasn't really an aisle to walk down because it was raining so we had to move everything inside to the reception area. But my dad fetched me from the bathroom I used as a dressing room to Vitamin String Quartet's version of "Maybe I'm Amazed".  :D

What was your recessional song? "You Make My Dreams Come True" by Hall and Oates

What about your first dance? This was probably the most difficult decision we made, we debated for months! It ended up being "You've Made Me So Very Happy" by Blood, Sweat, & Tears. But because I wanted to be unique and I'm incapable of taking anything seriously, here are some other songs that I wanted for our first dance:
    Queen - Play the Game
    Mott the Hoople - All the Young Dudes
    Foreigner - I Wanna Know What Love Is

Any other special musical moments from your wedding that you want to share? (Special dances, etc.) We opened the reception to Gogol Bordello's "American Wedding". I come from a big Ukrainian family, and my in-laws had no idea what was about to happen to them, so it was very appropriate, haha! We played a lot of random dance music from the the 60s onward, but the majority of the reception was 90s rap and R&B. Most of it definitely inappropriate for the occasion, like Missy Elliot "Work It" and Naughty by Nature "O.P.P."  :D 
  • Options
    First day stepping into other posts! Intro'd the other day :-)

What song did you walk down the aisle to at your wedding?  I wanted canon n d so so bad, love it. But the power went out and didn't come on till half way through the ceremony. So no organ. My cousin sang me down the aisle so it wasn't awkward silence. I was so flustered I couldn't even tell you what it was now.

What was your recessional song? We didn't pick one so whatever the organist played. No idea. 

What about your first dance? Kenny chesney- me and you. Bridal party dance: Kenny chesney: had me from hello

Any other special musical moments from your wedding that you want to share? (Special dances, etc.)  we loved the songs we were announce don't into the ceremony to... bridal party: another one bites the dust. Us: jagged edge, let's get married remix. Also, our cake cutting song: 'grow old with you' from the wedding singer movie. 
    me:35 DH:34
    DS: born oct 2012
    TFAS: BFP #1 aug16. miscarriage sept16
              BFP #2 nov16 MMC dec16. d&c jan17
              BFP #3 sept17  EDD 5/31/18
    fingers crossed for our rainbow baby
  • Options
    Oh man I am super late to this party (thanks a lot WORK). 

What song did you walk down the aisle to at your wedding? Across the Stars - Star Wars (the song playing when Padme and Anakin were married) this made Hubby bawl. 

What was your recessional song? The Imperial March. Lol (Star Wars)

What about your first dance? Thinking Out Loud - Ed Sheeran 

We got married on a cruise ship before leaving Port. It had an AMAZING disco and it was the only place we could get a DJ. I picked most of the music and the DJ filled in here and there. Lots of fun songs (no chicken dance!) the whole floor lit up and EVERYONE was up and dancing. 
    The most special moment for me though was the father daughter dance with my step dad. He has only cried three times in the 15 years he has been in my life. Once when I asked him if he would do the honor of giving me away and another when we danced. (Now I'm emotional)
    **TW**
    Me: 31 / DH: 37
    Married: November 2015
     TTC #1 Since March 2014
    MC: New Years Eve 2014
    Mommy to 4 furbabies
    http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3f14a1