July 2017 Moms

Weekend Randoms- Memorial Day Weekend Edition!

Happy three-day weekend and the unofficial start to summer! What's on your mind this weekend?

Re: Weekend Randoms- Memorial Day Weekend Edition!

• oheliza44oheliza44 member
    edited May 2017
    I am so ready to relax and do nothing this weekend. The last two weeks at work basically killed me. The nursery is finished with the small exception of touch up painting. I'm going to start moving baby things in there and doing laundry of the few baby clothes I've purchased. We plan to BBQ on Monday but otherwise our schedule is pretty open.

ETA- I woke up at 4am this morning and have spent the last two hours watching videos of Fiona the baby hippo. Not sure what this says about my life. 
  • @oheliza44 Lol I think it says your life is pretty sweet

We're having some family over for a cook out today. Unfortunately I did not sleep well because baby shoved his head or his butt all the way up on my left side and I couldn't breath and my stomach was uncomfortable all night. I've gotten him to move down a little, but I'm so tired and I have to cook and finish cleaning. FIL and SMIL of course can't bother themselves to just come up for that, so we may see them some other time this weekend, maybe not. But DH and I are going to the drive ins, and he has Monday off!!! So excited for an extra day to spend chilling with him. 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
    Started dating: July 1st, 2013
    Engaged: July 1st, 2014
    Married: July 1st, 2016
    R born: July 8th, 2017
    N born: June 30th, 2019
    Baby #3 Due: July 7th, 2022
    (maybe I only ovulate in October XD)
  • Loading the player...
  • Getting ready for DS's birthday party tomorrow. It was supposed to be a backyard picnic, but now the forecast says scattered storms all afternoon so we have some work to do in the house/garage
  • lph4248lph4248 member
    edited May 2017
    kerils said:
    Unfortunately I did not sleep well because baby shoved his head or his butt all the way up on my left side and I couldn't breath and my stomach was uncomfortable all night. I've gotten him to move down a little, but I'm so tired and I have to cook and finish cleaning. FIL and SMIL of course can't bother themselves to just come up for that, so we may see them some other time this weekend, maybe not. But DH and I are going to the drive ins, and he has Monday off!!! So excited for an extra day to spend chilling with him. 
    Laughing at this comment. It's kind of hilarious that pregnant ladies all over the world are like, "Head or butt? Who can say?" DH sometimes talks to the baby, but he talks to the big lump that's poking out around my navel, and I like to disrupt the tender moment by reminding him that he could be talking into her butt. [eta: Sorry about your discomfort, lady!!!]

This weekend is a whole lot of low-key stuff for us. Case in point: I'm excited to finish cleaning my car today - definitely the last time I'll be able to do it pre-baby. We're going to Pirates of the Caribbean in a couple of days. DH knows the directors, so we'll go even though reviews are not great slash Johnny Depp has completely lost my respect as a human being.
    ~DD arrived July 4, 2017~
  • First day off when I'm not moving/ traveling in 8 weeks- hoping to spend all day in my PJs and relax and catch up. 
  • @lph4248 I have major problems with johnny depp continually being cast in franchises like fantastic beasts despite the shit he does! 

Dh has to go to a beer festival today so I'll run errands and hang out with dd and try to get some work done. Tomorrow I'm going to try and tackle the car and we have a BBQ to go to. No other plans this weekend at all and kind of excited for that. 
  • lph4248lph4248 member
    @Twinkiedoll Happy anniversary!!!

~DD arrived July 4, 2017~
  • BusyZeeBusyZee member
    edited May 2017
    @Twinkiedoll I always forget your in Hawaii until you mention it again ... lucky!!
     Happy Anniversary!! <3  
  • Happy anniversary @Twinkiedoll!!

I bought basically everything else we need for baby today! I used our completion discounts and giftcards. 

Just FYI for anyone who registered at BRU - things seem to be on sale online cheaper than in the store, so make sure to check there before you buy stuff in store. I went to the store today and only found one thing that was a better deal in store. I probably saved over $50 ordering online (and that was only 5-6 items!) and then I had my completion coupon. Plus shipping was free and now I don't have to pack up the car and drag it all home!

Also - check Amazon for car seat deals and for the bases for infant seats. I found the same exact car seat cheaper and the extra base was around $10 cheaper. MIL in bought our infant seat, but I'm definitely checking Amazon for our convertible car seats and I'm going to try to use my 15% completion discount on it. 

This info might be in the steals and deals thread. I haven't checked that in awhile so sorry if it is!

Anyway, once that stuff is delivered in the next couple days we'll have everything ready to bring baby home!! 
  • Happy anniversary @Twinkiedoll!

We had a toddler birthday party this morning and then a BBQ this evening so DD better sleep well tonight.  I think she had enough junk food today to last her the whole month, yikes!

Planning some light hiking at a state park tomorrow and going to a kiddie park with friends on Monday.  The weather has been perfect the past few days so I'm glad we can take advantage!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I am super pleased that the last couple of days I have been feeling that nesting urge! I have been sooooo beat up this pregnancy but finally have the energy and want to get some things done! This is our second boy so they will be sharing a room eventually but reorganizing has been quite the task. We arent finished in there yet, but we have made progress!
  • I'm 8 hrs into my next round of deep cleaning my secondhand baby stuff. I don't care if its all dye, it still makes me feel better! 

I flip flopped all day between being productive working on shuffling our closets around and being a complete lazy slob. I seemed to get some BH every time I worked too hard, so that's my excuse! 

My bff comes to visit tomorrow, and my sister is coming to town with my nephews for my grandfathers bday. He turned 88 today! 

I need bff's help to try to get a good furniture arrangement in the baby's room.

Is it ok to put the crib under a forced air vent??? That really seems to be the best place for it, besides that it shares a wall with the toilet and bathroom sink! But its the only space not in front of a window...

Pregnancy Ticker

Highly monitored internet and no cell service in the office, so I'm postin' and ghostin' while I'm workin' 
  • AdaByronAdaByron member
    edited May 2017
    @GlitterFish I think it's fine. It if you get the impression baby is cold being under the vent you could close it partially or get some kind of diverter to point the air in another direction. My mom has these little things that stick on the vents with strong magnets to direct the air. Not sure where to get them, but probably a home improvement store can help you find a solution.
  • @GlitterFish I wasnt expecting to get any second hand clothes so I didnt save that cleaning recipe, but then a coworker of my husbands gave us some! Can you reshare it? 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
  • @GlitterFish Thank you!
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
  • Not sure if this belongs here... 

Has anyone started taking Evening primrose oil yet?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
  • Ahhh how exciting @maybeitsmadeline! And bittersweet. 
  • It is HOT in South Texas. I cleaned all weekend and let DH do all the cooking which was amazing since all these BH contractions are driving me nuts. We're spending all day by the pool tomorrow, I cannot wait.
  • Not sure if this belongs here... 

Has anyone started taking Evening primrose oil yet?
    Isn't it too early to start with that?
  • BusyZeeBusyZee member
    Im feeling very lethargic and slightly dizzy. I'm alone at home and wondering if this could just be blood pressure. H is an hour away from me right now packing with his mum. I had so much to do but don't have the energy today :(
  • I hope you feel better @BusyZee!

I've been on an organizing kick all day. We moved some furniture around, put together the pack n play, washed more baby stuff, cleaned out two closets, and then normal household stuff like cooking, dishes. I got bored and then started packing my hospital bag - I have around 6 weeks! What the heck. I can't stop. My back is killing me and I. Still. Can't. Stop. 

Oh. And my lovely dog JUMPED UP ON THE SIDE OF THE CRIB bc he wanted to sniff some stuff that's piled in it and he scratched it. :weary: it's not horrible but wth dog? That's the second thing he's done to it and poor baby isn't even here yet. The other day he knocked a fan over and it hit the crib and skinned it up a little. I keep the beddoor shut but I was in there so I didn't shut it behind me. 
  • egm2015egm2015 member
    edited May 2017
    @maybeitsmadeline--we moved a month ago from our first house to a larger house. It hit me a week later when we went back for the last things from the garage. Walking through the empty house, I just started sobbing, and I'm not a crier......so hard to leave so many memories!
  • I hope you feel better @BusyZee!

I've been on an organizing kick all day. We moved some furniture around, put together the pack n play, washed more baby stuff, cleaned out two closets, and then normal household stuff like cooking, dishes. I got bored and then started packing my hospital bag - I have around 6 weeks! What the heck. I can't stop. My back is killing me and I. Still. Can't. Stop. 

Oh. And my lovely dog JUMPED UP ON THE SIDE OF THE CRIB bc he wanted to sniff some stuff that's piled in it and he scratched it. :weary: it's not horrible but wth dog? That's the second thing he's done to it and poor baby isn't even here yet. The other day he knocked a fan over and it hit the crib and skinned it up a little. I keep the beddoor shut but I was in there so I didn't shut it behind me. 
    You sound like me all weekend!  With a cold!! Somebody needs to slap me.  Poor DH...his honeydo list is...let's go with lengthy.  He's been such a trooper.
  • @maybeitsmadeline Hope all goes smoothly with your move. We moved out of the only place DH and I have ever lived together and into our new place a couple months back. It was definitely bittersweet going through the empty house and handing the keys over to someone else, but getting settled into our new place and getting ready for baby has been fantastic. 

My husband lured me into going to see Alien Covenant with the promise of a big bucket of popcorn and the fact that one of the theaters in town just put in new recliners for all the seating. That chair was soooo comfy that it's probably worth the nightmares I'm going to have tonight. Nothing like a baby wiggling around in your belly while watching aliens... 
  • @carol113 - ugh. H really wants to see the men Alien movie too. Was it remotely good? That's just not my thing. 
  • @ginger1228 It wasn't as bad as I was expecting. I used the more graphic scenes for bathroom breaks or just closed my eyes. The parts that I watched were good. The story line was interesting enough.
  • So far, this weekend has been the busiest since I found out I was pregnant...

I woke up around 3 am and couldn't go back to sleep. Then spent most of Friday driving around to get more baby clothes, a bassinet and prepare for my sister's graduation. Afterwards, I ended up spending time with family and got home around 11 pm. My Saturday was just as hectic. I got up at 3 am on purpose to get to my sister's by 5:30 am to do her makeup for graduation. We were able to get to her ceremony on time at 8:30. But had a horrifying experience with the terrible parking situation and had to park super far away. Even though I explained to the officers at the school that I was unable to walk such a long distance and provided them with paperwork, I was still pushed to park what maybe considered about three blocks away. I wasn't even allowed to be dropped off closer to the field due to "security and safety issues."

But to describe it exactly, the football field, high school, parking lots and middle school were all lined up. We had to park a decent distance past the middle school and behind it in the grass. We parked our car around 8 am and it took me over 20 minutes to get to the entrance gate of the football field. Once we finally found a seat in the bleachers, I sat down just in time for the ceremony to start. I was tired, hot, and feeling some contractions. So I decided not to stand up for the introductions, pledge, and the anthem while I gathered myself.

The amazingly rude man standing behind me took his knee or foot and rammed it into my back. And when I turned around to see what was going on, he gave me a look of disgust and shifted his gaze back to the field as if nothing happened. I wanted to say something or knock him on his butt. But my body was already going through enough and I let it go. I asked my MIL and my DH to switch seats with me so that I was out of the rude man's reach. Other than that, I enjoyed graduation and cheered so loudly that my voice is still not the same today.

After graduation, my DH left to get the car while I waited with both of my sisters to avoid the long walk back to the car. We ended up attending a small party and spent some time with family at my MIL's house. We left there around 6 pm and headed home. But ended up finding a puppy in the middle of a rural highway. We spent two hours looking for the owners before I had to call it a night. My feet looked like comical sausage feet, my stomach and other areas were hurting and sore. We put up a few posts online, but we are thinking about keeping her considering the terrible condition we found her in. (Dirty, dehydrated, skinny, unkept nails, dirt in ears, fleas, shaking, and crying.) We groomed her, fed her (she ate two bowls of food and a small can of soft puppy food), sprayed her and given her some medicine. So far she loves to eat and sleep with moments of playfulness.

I decided to do nothing today. I stayed at home and made my bed my fortress due to pain and soreness. My DH has been helping out today. I did get up for all the normal things and I started the laundry. But today he was told that he has to be at work tomorrow. So now, I am hoping that I will be 100% normal by tomorrow so I can continue our normal routine.

At least I was able to relax a little bit this weekend.
    Baby Olivia Born October 28, 2015
    Baby Pumpkin Due July 17, 2017
  • I have been waiting on getting all the baby clothes organized (they're in storage boxes) until I go on maternity leave two weeks before EDD--thinking I'd have more time, then. But I'm starting to reaaalllyyy slow down, and I am afraid to wait much longer! So I will work on it over the next week or two. Same with packing my hospital bag. I'm a STM and don't really think it's so crucial, but I forgot how much energy just sitting up can take, during this last month!

I may have posted this before, but I learned this in my first pregnancy and loved it. When you're slowing way down and need some structure to feel productive (or you're overdue and losing your mind), focus each day on doing:

-Something Productive
    -Something Fun
    -Something Relaxing

I've been finding this, too.  I'm glad I was able to get a lot done (with a LOT of help from DH) each weekend.  I think I've been following those three concepts, without knowing it.  That actually tends to be most of my weekends.
  • I have been waiting on getting all the baby clothes organized (they're in storage boxes) until I go on maternity leave two weeks before EDD--thinking I'd have more time, then. But I'm starting to reaaalllyyy slow down, and I am afraid to wait much longer! So I will work on it over the next week or two. Same with packing my hospital bag. I'm a STM and don't really think it's so crucial, but I forgot how much energy just sitting up can take, during this last month!

I may have posted this before, but I learned this in my first pregnancy and loved it. When you're slowing way down and need some structure to feel productive (or you're overdue and losing your mind), focus each day on doing:

-Something Productive
    -Something Fun
    -Something Relaxing

This is great advice for everyone, pregnant or not. It's a good way to ensure work/life balance in general.
  • Been having inconsistent contractions for about 3 hours now that won't go away. Anywhere from 6 to 15 minutes apart, but mostly less than 10 minutes apart. They aren't getting stronger or closer together, and they're really not painful. I called the doctor to see if I should go in just to be safe, but still waiting for a call back. 
  • @AdaByron - do you think you overdid it yesterday? How's your water intake? Keep us updated mama!
    married 7.18.12   DS1 4.29.13   EDD 11.23.14

my happy boy

• @AdaByron - do you think you overdid it yesterday? How's your water intake? Keep us updated mama!
    Yeah I probably overdid it and had too much Diet Coke and not enough water. I've been drinking tons of water today though. I just don't know what to think. On one hand I think it's just BH because they're not painful and not getting closer together. But I had non-painful contractions for like 8 hours at the start of labor with DS. I'm only 34 weeks though. Wish the doctor would call and tell me what to do. It's been over an hour. 
  • @AdaByron thinking of you. Hope your doctor calls you back soon.