1st Trimester

Heart rate decreased in 8th week - ever seen this happen?

muchwantedmuchwanted member
edited May 2017 in 1st Trimester

I'm an infertility grad with a history of unexplained repeated losses, and I'm being monitored closely because of a large-ish subchorionic hematoma. Until today, the baby has always looked perfect despite the bleed, but the heart rate actually decreased slightly today compared to Monday. I know that it's supposed to slow down later in the first trimester, and I know there's a lot of error in these measurements, but I can't help but think this spells trouble. It should be steadily INCREASING right around now, shouldn't it?
6+3 HB @ 120
7+3 HB @ 156
7+6 HB @ 150 Has anyone ever seen this happen? What was the outcome? I'd appreciate any advice, thank you. I won't see my doctor again until next Tuesday, and this is going to be a long weekend full of worry. 

***TW***
DD born April 2015 after many rounds of IVF and losses.

After much more of the same...

Re: Heart rate decreased in 8th week - ever seen this happen?

• The heart rate will fluctuate based on how active your baby is or has been in the womb. 
  • Loading the player...
  • delujm0delujm0 member
    The baby's heart rate, much like your own, will fluctuate depending on activity level.  if it's asleep, it will be slower than if it's awake and moving around.  I'd be a little concerned if you're suddenly dropped back below 100bpm at 8 weeks, but the variation you are describing is not abnormal.  I'm sure your doctor told you the same thing.
  • delujm0 said:
     I'm sure your doctor told you the same thing.
    The doctor said nothing because I didn't get to see him. I only saw a nurse who had very little to say about anything. 
    ***TW***

• delujm0 said:
     I'm sure your doctor told you the same thing.
    The doctor said nothing because I didn't get to see him. I only saw a nurse who had very little to say about anything. 

----stuck in box----

Probably, because the nurse is not able to give medical info, unless it comes from the doctor him/herself, same with ultrasound techs, they are not allowed to give medical advise, or comment on what they medically see on ultrasounds.  

The ultrasound needs to be interpreted by a doctor.  The most we got from a tech was what body part she was looking at, and that was about it.  The doctor gave the specifics.
  • edited May 2017
    These look like pretty normal fluctuations to me, except you may want to edit the spacing in your post, bc the numbers runs on a bit and make it confusing to read.  I agree with PPs - just like anybody else, a difference in HR from 90 to 96, or 120 to 126, 15p to 156, is pretty inconsequential, having more to do with the individual's very recent activity, or potentially a person's levels of ease/anxiety in that particular moment, than overall health.  Try not to worry. :)

*typos
  • muchwantedmuchwanted member
    edited May 2017
    Argh, the formatting. When I wrote it, there was proper spacing and line separation. It posted like this. I clicked on edit, and I saw my  nicely formatted post again. Not sure how one is supposed to fix it.

When I add extra returns it separates them, but nothing I can do about the lack of capitalization, apparently. 

***TW***