October 2017 Moms

workout check in 5-22

hey mamas!  this is a monday check in for anyone working out.  this can range from walkers, runners, swimmers, yogis, cross-fitters, spinners, etc.  i think the more variety we have the better advice and support we will get from each other so please join in 

1. what are your plans for working out this week?  how did you feel last week?

2. anyone making any modifications yet? 

3. workout gear tips: what have you found that helps now that our bumps are getting bigger (bonus if we dont have to break the bank):

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: workout check in 5-22

• 1. what are your plans for working out this week?  how did you feel last week?
    felt good last week, worked out four times. i plan to workout five times this week with one being yoga.  @Brambles23 it was snatch day today!  5x4. i almost died, you would have loved it lol.

i am not doing any twisting movements anymore and have cut some ab exercises.  i dont want to do anything that compresses (sit-ups, v-ups, etc.) which translates to a lot of planking.

3. workout gear tips: what have you found that helps now that our bumps are getting bigger (bonus if we dont have to break the bank): this is a tip that i learned during my first pregnancy. i love moving comfort sports bras. they hold the girls down and are adjustable.  the straps are actually velcro which helps for breastfeeding too.  

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @lola4411 you know how I love a good snatch (insert teenage giggling)

1. what are your plans for working out this week?  how did you feel last week?  Trying to get in my 3 days of strength training and make it in on Saturday for the group WOD.  I felt alright last week, although going three days in a row really did tire me out by Thursday.  

2. anyone making any modifications yet? I've had to take a much wider stance when I'm back squatting to make room for the preggo belly.  I've stopped doing anything that requires bending or twisting (no sit ups, V-ups, etc).  I've been doing knees to chest (or as high as I can) while hanging from the pull-up bar, but I might try planks next time.

3. workout gear tips: what have you found that helps now that our bumps are getting bigger (bonus if we dont have to break the bank): I purchased these shorts last week from Amazon and they are super comfy.  I'm going to order another pair or two, and they're fairly inexpensive.  They stayed in place for lifting and didn't roll up.  https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00YUC0PDG/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    June 2017 Siggy Challenge:  "You had one job to do!"

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Found out that our gym is doing Murph on Saturday instead of Monday.  Definitely going to make it in for that and try to do a half.  I did a half last year and it was fine, but we'll see what happens.  Added bonus...the bump is an automatic weighted vest.  

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Found out that our gym is doing Murph on Saturday instead of Monday.  Definitely going to make it in for that and try to do a half.  I did a half last year and it was fine, but we'll see what happens.  Added bonus...the bump is an automatic weighted vest.  
    Good luck! 

What are your plans for working out this week? How did you feel last week?

-->I don't think I posted last week (sorry I honestly don't post all that much on here) but I feel like I have some energy back! I didn't feel like I wanted to curl up and go to bed while I was working out last week so that's a win! Unfortunately I'm still only getting 1 (sometimes 2) days of strength training in, and have been doing mainly walking. We need to get a closer gym. That is part of the problem. But when I do my walks, there is this hill that I go up and do push-ups, dips, side plank, and split leg lunges on. I don't really mix it up and just do those but at least my muscles are getting a little something!! 

Modifications? 

-->aside from no sit ups and stuff, not really. I know I need more variety for my
    ab exercises but I've been mainly sticking with side plank and other side hip movement exercises. 

Workout gear tips?

-->my bump isn't too big yet so I dunno! 

Me.30 DH.31 
    Est.8.2006
    BFP 8/28/15 mmc @ 11 weeks (d&c)
    BFP 9/28/16 mmc @ 8 weeks (d&c) - trisomy 5
    BFP 2/3/17...edd 10/13/17 <3

• cram314cram314 member
    @Brambles23 - you're a champ! I saw Murph on the schedule for Monday so now Monday is my rest day. 

Felt really good last week and made it in 7/7 days, including a spin class. 
    This week with traveling this weekend will maybe be 3 days. 

Added a stronger band to assist on pull ups. Burpees using the dip parallels bar. 
    So many planks. 

3. workout gear tips: what have you found that helps now that our bumps are getting bigger (bonus if we dont have to break the bank):
    Gapfit! So far, I've also been able to wear the high waisted Victoria Secret pants I had pre pregnancy. I like the extra mid section support but I'm sure in a couple weeks I'll grow out of being able to wear them. 

• @cram314 7/7!!!?  thats amazing!  i dont even do that when i am not pregnant.  how do you do burpees with the dip bars?  i just do burpees and dont flop as hard to the ground.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • cram314cram314 member
    @lola4411 - We have short ones of these. I put my hands on the handles, jump back into a plank and do a push up. 

If Im too lazy to get these out, I just do a half burpee without going to the ground. 
  • WRWrunnergirlWRWrunnergirl member
    edited May 2017

I don't know that I have specific plans.  But I ran 3 miles yesterday and 10 minute yoga video and did 3 again today with some weight lifting.  Hoping to do weights once more this week and a bit of a longer run on Saturday.
    I didn't get too much working out in last week.  But I'm starting to feel uncomfortable when I run. :/  I'll just start a separate thread on that.  

Just taking it easy and trying not to be out of breath.  

I've been using a medela running belt since may week 13 or 14??  I splurged on a fit splint belt recently in hopes that it will help.  It just came in the mail today.
  •  So excited that my Dr gave me the clearance ... she wasn't sure at first,  but since I was working out until 10w she gave me the green light at 17 ish to continue.  

Since I'm HR I need to be careful and it is so much more important to stay on task.  

I work out 5 or 6 days a week.  Light cardio (Not running but those elliptical/ski style machines and weights ... everything but abs.  I feel so much better and love the me time. Even if that means I have to get up at 430

I stay away from anything ab related

3. workout gear tips: what have you found that helps now that our bumps are getting bigger (bonus if we dont have to break the bank): WAL-MART !! they have these week out tanks that have roushing on the sides. So comfortable. I just ordered one size up.  Thet are like 7 . I got some great sports bras from target for 15... a total victory.  Maternity work out pants are harder to find lol
  • @jayrabbitt congrats on being cleared!!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Just did a modified half Murph workout.  Rowed 1000m instead of run, banded pull-ups and I went to my knees halfway through the push-ups.  Despite all that, I was only 3 minutes slower doing a strict half Murph last year.  I'm feeling pretty good about that!  The gym is having a BBQ afterwards and it's smelling so good!!!  

BabyFruit Ticker