November 2016 Moms

5/23 Weekly Randoms

Re: 5/23 Weekly Randoms

• @RhodaMorgenstern that makes me feel sick. God why is the world such a terrible place. I can't imagine ever hurting a baby. Holy crap. I wish I could stay home with M and protect him from all the horrible things forever. 
    also if someone ever killed my child I think I would be the one going to jail.
  • @rhodamorgenstern OMG! That is horrible.  I'm glad you didn't end up sending your LO there.  I guess since I'm from Baltimore this kind of hits home for me.  I know horrible things happen everywhere, but I feel like Baltimore is a hub for just the craziest things.  @kristah2 There is no doubt in my mind that if something like this happened to my child, it would be over for that person.
  • Loading the player...
  • I feel so nauseous right now. As in, if I go into the bathroom right now, I will throw up. And I would murder her. No holds barred, I would find her and kill her. I'm already so angry and I don't even know this family.
    @Ladybug2821i get what you mean about weirdness in Baltimore but it's normally like John Waters, hons or the kinetic sculpture race. This has just blown my mind.
    i desperately want to go get A right now.
  • @ALBONNET1218 - my LO is going to be 7 months tomorrow and just starting to sit up unassisted. Every baby has their own timetable, but do talk to your dr at the 6 month appt for peace of mind.

@RhodaMorgenstern - that is so scary!! Makes me want to go hug my baby and daycare workers, too. 
  • @RhodaMorgenstern that's really scary! It makes me so grateful that we have family that watches V for us. I'm so glad you chose to keep A where she is.

@ALBONNET1218 I wouldn't get too worked up since there is such a HUGE range of "normal". People tend to talk more about their kids' early milestones so if you aren't seeing the same things in your own kid it can be discouraging by comparison. It doesn't always mean your kids is behind. You said your LO can roll over but doesn't often or doesn't like to. That's ok. Maybe your LO is working on different skills. They tend to focus on new learning sometimes and it seems like they forgot how to do something they knew before. Then suddenly they are doing something completely new out of nowhere. As long as they hit the milestone within the normal range it's still ok. Some kids are first, others are last. That's what makes up an average.
  • kvrunskvruns member
    LOL on the blow outs @hoosiermama-2 and @m6agua I'm sure the others there could relate. I do always have some sort of clothes in the bag but yea it may not always be season appropriate!
  • kvrunskvruns member
    kristah2 said:
    @ALBONNET1218 I've read that it's normal for some babies to be a little "behind" with some milestones and as long as they come within a certain time period it's all good. I believe for sitting unassisted it was 9 months. 
    As for rolling he can obviously do it! Just chooses not too. Let him lay there eventually he will decide to roll. Again it's not a huge rush. I think that one was also okay as long as he has it by 9 months. 
    agreed. It is hard not to get caught up in what other babies of similar age are doing. Mine isn't sitting up yet either and only discovered his feet like a week or so ago. I try not to worry about it because I know he's doing other things and is mostly a content baby so things are good 
  • kvrunskvruns member
    Oh my God, you guys. This is the daycare I was talking about earlier this week. A was on the waiting list until last week when we decided to stay where we are. I feel nauseous and want to go hug my baby. And her daycare providers.
    https://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/crime/bs-md-ci-daycare-infant-killed-20170525-story.html

OK I read the first line and i can't read the rest
  • In regard to the blowouts... V always seems to do his worst in the exersaucer. I feel like 3 out of 5 times I pick him up out of that thing he has poop up his back. Yesterday he somehow managed to pee out the side of his diaper while in the exersaucer so I had to take the seat part out and wash it and scrub the bottom of the saucer too. I think the seat mush have had his diaper scrunched up funny. We've never had pee leaks before that so I have no other explanation.
  • In regard to the blowouts... V always seems to do his worst in the exersaucer. I feel like 3 out of 5 times I pick him up out of that thing he has poop up his back. Yesterday he somehow managed to pee out the side of his diaper while in the exersaucer so I had to take the seat part out and wash it and scrub the bottom of the saucer too. I think the seat mush have had his diaper scrunched up funny. We've never had pee leaks before that so I have no other explanation.

Same here.  I just thought it was from all the bouncing and gravity helping to move the poop on down :).
  • kvrunskvruns member
    Mine always had his poops in the Rock N Play. Not so much anymore but it was the first few months 
  • Looking at the URL, I can't even click that link. Praying for that family.. and you too, @RhodaMorgenstern, I can't imagine how you must be feeling being so close to it. :disappointed:
  • @ALBONNET1218 Like other mamas said, try not to worry :) My LO was six months Tuesday... she's only rolled belly to back once, and I'm convinced it was an accident!
  • tvh1982tvh1982 member
    Try not to worry about it @ALBONNET1218, my LO is 7 months on the 1st June and can only sit on her own a few seconds. I don't practice this regularly as I believe it's better for her back when she does it herself as she is then ready. I think my bicycle ride is the longest I dared to do.
    My friends LO is two weeks younger then mine and she can not role either way. She's a little taller and prefers to talk and observe. They all get there in the end!

While writing this I read the article @rhodamorgensterm. That just made me sick and cry and not feeling well at all. Wtf is wrong with people, that just broke my heart. I don't want to drop of my LO next week as this freaks me out. 
    How are you feeling/doing as this is way to close to home!

**********************************************************************************************************************************

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers

• I'm weirdly devastated, in a way I didn't know possible. I always hate it when people say "It could have been me" because it wasn't them and it's worse for the people it did happen to.

So I'm trying not to say that or think it but I keep thinking how Monday, A's teachers told me she was fussy because she was gassy and teething. Is that why she did it? Because an 8 month old wouldn't fall asleep? Why is her instinct to do such horrible things to a baby who's crying and not to comfort them? I just want to get my baby and go home so I can cry without anyone else seeing.
  • desoky01desoky01 member
    edited May 2017
    How and why are people so horrible? People like that are the reason I don't feel safe dropping my baby off at the Y childcare, or really any childcare if I don't know the people well. I wish I could just trust people, but stuff like this makes me not want to trust anyone. 
  • leighryleighry member
    @RhodaMorgenstern that is just awful. I'm so so sad for this family I can't even imagine leaving your child in the care of someone else and this happening. I'll never understand someone being able to do that to a baby.

@ALBONNET1218 don't worry too much about the milestones! Kids reach them at different points as other girls have mentioned. My 3 girls didn't crawl until they were 9 months and then all walked between 12 and 15 months. My oldest said her first word at 9 months and my others it was closer to a year (I don't count mama dada). My oldest also never rolled back to front. You could literally (at 18 months) still lay her on her back and she would just stay there. She would eventually cry when she wanted to get up. It still makes me laugh to think about that. But I know it's easier said than done to not worry about your baby.
  • edited May 2017
    @desoky01 it's funny but this has made me grateful for the daycare A is in. I think about how they responded when she was being fussy and I never got the impression that they were upset or angry. It seemed like they were upset because they couldn't comfort her.
    I dropped her off yesterday morning and we were the first ones there. Her teacher let us in early, even though she was eating her breakfast, because she was worried about A being cold. Then she picked her up out of her car seat and started cuddling and kissing her. A was smiling and giggling and clearly adores her. I bought flowers for them for pick up tonight.
    We kind of took a risk when we picked this daycare. It was brand new and we were so desperate, we never even got a chance to tour their existing facility across the harbor. But I am so grateful we ended up there.
  • I can't remember off the top of my head and I tried to search the board to find out but I didn't find any matches. Are any of you medical coders/billers or do you know anyone who is? I'm looking into career options and am trying to find someone I can talk with about the field. 
  • kvrunskvruns member
    At his 6 month appointment today B was diagnosed with a double ear infection! I said something to the Dr about the fact this cold is still sticking around and he said he would take extra looks at lungs and ear to make sure nothing had settled there.  Guess it settled in his ears! He was surprised he hasn't been showing any symptoms. He has had an extra wake up this past week (starting last weekend) but it wasn't that out of the ordinary so I just figured another growth spurt or something.  Maybe it was infection, not sure. I do hope these meds work and this cold finally goes away - and maybe I'll even get my good sleeper back.
  • desoky01 said:
    I can't remember off the top of my head and I tried to search the board to find out but I didn't find any matches. Are any of you medical coders/billers or do you know anyone who is? I'm looking into career options and am trying to find someone I can talk with about the field. 
    Seconded! I've been considering the same field.
  • @kvruns FX that it helps LO sleep!

@albonnet1218 Don't worry too much about milestones. They can be so subjective. If your LO is doing a little rolling then the abdominals are working and that's all the matters. They all get there!

@rhodamorgenstern You are so fortunate to have not landed at that daycare. I have been so sad since reading that article. I hugged my kids extra hard before bed tonight. 
    Married: 08.05.11
    Welcomed baby girl: 06.10.14
    Second pregnancy EDD: 06.16.16 MC: 10.29.15
    Welcomed baby boy: 11.25.16
  • MrsMaryK2016MrsMaryK2016 member
    edited May 2017
    So how long should I wait to get a wax after a c-section? Did anyone think to ask their doctor that question? I definitely didn't and with bathing suit season upon us, I really need one. 

@RhodaMorgenstern That is terrifying. That poor family. 
  • @kvruns - poor guy! At least it's easily treatable. E had one at 4 months and the amoxicillin worked so fast.
  • So how long should I wait to get a wax after a c-section? Did anyone think to ask their doctor that question? I definitely didn't and with bathing suit season upon us, I really need one. 

Funny, I was just thinking today about shaving. Its gotten a little out of control with the lack of time and just hasn't been priority. I've already struggled with ingrown hairs at my incision without shaving so I'm kind of scared. 
  • Thanks ladies! I guess I just have to stop comparing and trust that he's going to get there when he's ready!
  • So LO didn't gain or grow at all from his 4 mo check up to his 6 mo. He's still big, but not even an ounce. Looks like all that worry about him being overfed was wrong as I have now been encouraged to do WAY more solids. 
  • kvrunskvruns member
    Were they concerned at all @SandNStarsNJ
  • kvrunskvruns member
    I've noticed that ever since I had a baby I roll my eyes hard at birth scenes on tv/movies. Even though I had a C section and didn't experience some parts I'm still like wtf
  • I miss just being able to run out to the store and get snacks without having to load LO up. Or right now, he's sleeping so I can't go.  :s
  • kvruns said:
    Were they concerned at all @SandNStarsNJ

SITB!
    No. Not at all. He's technically still in the 93rd percentile so I guess it's NBD. 
  • desoky01 said:
    I miss just being able to run out to the store and get snacks without having to load LO up. Or right now, he's sleeping so I can't go.  :s
    Story. Of. My. Life. I came to accept this a little more than a year ago.  :/
  • @kvruns YES, me too! 
  • leighryleighry member
    I find myself Amazon priming more lately but I also have an unhealthy relationship with Target and go there literally every other day.. even just for milk.
  • kvrunskvruns member
    Do any of you have the Amazon that delivers in a few hours? SOme sides of town have it here but not mine. I would have used the heck out of it during maternity leave 
  • I miss Amazon prime. When we lived in Ontario I would order and it would be there the next day. 
    Now being in Newfoundland, even with prime it takes a week or more to get it so it's not even worth it. 
  • kvrunskvruns member
    B is on a nap strike this weekend so far. He definitely was showing off for the grandparents last weekend with 2 2-2.5 hour naps! 
  • For the moms with flooring other than carpet, what are you using to keep it clean?  S is crawling around now and the good old broom and mop just aren't cutting it. Thinking I'm going to have to go the swiffer route. 
  • For the moms with flooring other than carpet, what are you using to keep it clean?  S is crawling around now and the good old broom and mop just aren't cutting it. Thinking I'm going to have to go the swiffer route. 
    We are mostly hardwood and while we predominately vacuum, we mop like once a month. That said, we can only fight the mess so much, he's going to get dirty and hopefully he just doesn't put anything in his mouth. Maybe that's a FFC too...