Two Gestational Sacs, 1 Baby? — The Bump
1st Trimester

Two Gestational Sacs, 1 Baby?

So at my ultrasound earlier this week the technician found two sacs. One had a healthy normal measuring baby in it with a strong heartbeat and the other was empty. They appeared to have a complete wall between them. We did IVF and transferred one embryo. Has anyone had experience with this? I forget whether or not there was a yolk sac...I'll update when DH responds to me.

I have been reading up on other instances and not sure if there is a possibility of a twin...freaking out a bit lol.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Married Since June 2, 2012

Bookworm, Librarian, Wife

- Concieved Through IVF and PGD to screen out genetic disorder (Neurofibromatosis 1)

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Two Gestational Sacs, 1 Baby?

• There may have been a twin that did not develop...what did they tell you at the ultrasound? I used femara and had two implantation sites visible on the ultrasound but only one developed further 
    Me: 29  DH: 31, married 6/21/14, TTC since 7/14
    BFP #1 EDD 7/17/15, MMC 1/9/15 @8w
    BFP #2 4/3/15= ectopic treated with methotrexate 5/1, YET ruptured 5/18/15= One Tube Wonder!
    2 Cycles of Femara, Ovidrel, & Progesterone= BFP #3 DS born 5/17/16
    TTC #2 March 2017 (initially med free) 
    BFP #4 8/14/17 *natural cycle* EDD= 4/25/18, MC @5-6w D&C 9/22/17
    BFP #5 12/29/17 w/ Femara/Ovidrel/Progesterone/Synthroid, EDD= 9/11/18 found out 1/18 ITS di/di TWINS!!!
    DS and DD born 8/21/18 
  • delujm0delujm0 member
    How far along are you?  If you are only around the 6 week mark, it's possible that the other sac will develop - you could just be too early to see anything in there yet.  but if you're closer to 7+ weeks, it's unlikely that it will change.
    Me: 37 DH: 37
    Married 5-31-14
    DD1 born 6-21-15
    DD2 born 6-11-17
    DS born 9-5-18

• Loading the player...
  • @delujm0 I am 8 weeks, yeah they said it was unlikely to turn out to be anything.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Married Since June 2, 2012

Bookworm, Librarian, Wife

- Concieved Through IVF and PGD to screen out genetic disorder (Neurofibromatosis 1)

BabyFruit Ticker