July 2017 Moms

Symptoms 5/21

2»

Re: Symptoms 5/21

• That underwear looks perfect - right when I'm in the market for some new pairs!

+1 on peeing all the time. I know I'm also drinking more water (a LOT more water) so it makes sense, but I need to strategically plan my walks to work to take me by lots of places with public bathrooms. Right when my city's Starbucks seem to be installing keypads to get into their ladies' rooms  :s
  • I'm grumpy that men clearly designed my building. The men's room is right off the kitchenette on my floor, at the end of the main hallway. The women's room is down another hallway, through double doors, past water fountain, past elevators and around another corner. It is torture and I have had to sprint a few times even though sitting down I haven't had to really go as soon as I stand up I feel like my bladder is squeezed and I have a bowling ball in my pelvis. 

I'm also really leaking breast fluid. I wouldn't say milk, but I've had to start wearing padded bras or protectors. 

Can an I manage another 9 weeks of this?!?!
  • Loading the player...
  • mars8kmars8k member

I LOVE this thread! I stopped complaining to people around me (for the most part) because it got to a point where it feels that’s all I do! I’m sorry you ladies are having a hard time but there is some comfort in reading your comments and knowing I’m not alone.

Here is my list!

Hemorrhoids!! I made the stupid mistake of google image searching it and now I am freaking out that If I go into labor I will end up with a ginormous swollen asshole like the pictures…..

Overheating.. I woke up at 3 am thinking I was going to suffocate to death because DH raised the ac by 2 degrees only

Heartburn.. this is a popular one, I can’t handle any level of spice in my food, I can’t even do sour, I’m dying for some flaming hot Cheetos dipped in yogurt but I’m dreading the consequences. The worst thing is when I get the heartburn out of the blue even if I’ve had my usual bland food!

Lower back pain.. yesterday it was as bad as it was in the final stage of labor with my first! I just can’t get comfortable, this didn’t start until I was about 9 months with my first I hate that I have to endure 7 more weeks of it!

Infection, infection, infection! I’ve had it down there since I found out I was pregnant and it’s not going away! Somedays are better than others but it’s ALWAYS there! At this point I think stiches would be a sweet relief

Last but not least, I am FED UP with work! As in I am done, I dread it every morning, it drains every bit of energy I have, I can’t even find the energy to go shopping for the baby which is my favorite thing about being pregnant.

• I'm having a lot of lower back pain too @mars8k ... Like you said, I just cannot get comfortable.  And our couch is the worst ever. I had been saving up to buy a new one before the baby came, but we had an unexpected house expense that ate up my "couch fund".  I may go this weekend and get one anyway.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • New stuff this week would be wonderful extreme lower back pain/hip pain if I stand or walk too much. This weekend I did a lot of both and I felt like I was run over by a freight train on Tuesday. Lightning crotch too, as baby boy feels like he is trying to escape. YAY!
    BabyFruit Ticker

Married 8 years - Aug 23/08
    DD - 6 years old, March 17/11
    #2 due July 19th! (It's a boy!)
  • Yes! The lightening crotch is something else. I have to work really hard not to react when I'm in public but it always hits me sharply and suddenly. 
  • Monday when I was walking back from lunch, I got the worst sciatica pain ever! This was a first for me and it's better now after I went to acupuncture, but feels really sore. 

Also, the feet and leg swelling! Not getting any better. I'll be wearing my compression socks with my dresses now. 

@mars8k I'm also just done with work! My cover starts next week, so after I train them, I'm hoping I can just slack off for the next 4 weeks. 
  • When I went to wipe just now, there was some brownish discharge, like I would get right before my period started. Any ideas on this?? We did move some furniture around last night, maybe it was too much?
    Pregnancy Ticker

Highly monitored internet and no cell service in the office, so I'm postin' and ghostin' while I'm workin' 
  • ljd2010ljd2010 member
    @mars8k +1 to so much of that, but a special shoutout to being fed up with work. I'm getting such a bad attitude. Why can't I just get paid to monitor my emails?
  • I've got some feet swelling now  :s Never had this won DS so I'm trying not to freak out about it. I'm sure it has to do with the fact that I was on my feet for 13+ hours at Disneyland on Tues, then followed that up with a 12hr work day Wed... but I've been putting my feet up and night and the swelling hasn't gone away. Will definitely be keeping an eye on it!
  • When I went to wipe just now, there was some brownish discharge, like I would get right before my period started. Any ideas on this?? We did move some furniture around last night, maybe it was too much?
    Have you gone to the bathroom since? is it still there?
    Have you gone to the bathroom since? is it still there?
    It seems to be off and on, but I did purposely put on white underwear and it's definitely staining. I called the OB office and they want me to come in tomorrow for an exam but it's supposed to be my last day in the office and the boss will be there, so I will have to cancel if the situation improves! 
    I think I saw part of a mucus plug in the toilet, it looked like a blueberry size booger, but it was only as it was flushing so I didn't get a good look!
    Pregnancy Ticker

Highly monitored internet and no cell service in the office, so I'm postin' and ghostin' while I'm workin' 
  • FX for you @GlitterFish - My OB has always told me that brownish red was much less of a concern than a bright red, so hopefully its nothing too serious.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Thanks @notachanski! I would say this is way lighter than brownish red even - kind of brownish yellow or tan. I'm sure it's nothing, but I don't want to be stuck with an infection over the long weekend for sure!
    Pregnancy Ticker

• @mars8k Ugh, hemorrhoids! I've been using Cortaid cream but it hasn't been helping. 

@MamaRN13 I've had swelling since like 20 weeks but I'm on my feet 12 a day/5 days a week. Elevating and resting seemed to do nothing but compression socks and pumping and rotating my ankles every time I sit has made a considerable difference. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • BusyZeeBusyZee member
    I'm feeling a heavy revolving ball inside. No more kicks and jabs. Really strange feeling!!
  • @GlitterFish I had some brownish discharge this morning too. I called my OB office and they told me to keep an eye out for mucous plug. If I see it before my appt on Tuesday they want me to come in. 
  • @jkbrownstein Earth Mama Bottom Balm for hemorrhoids. It worked miracles for me when nothing else was working. Several women from my old BMB recommended it and they were totally right. I have to use it twice a day, every day, but it keeps them at bay. They said the spray is also really good.

I also started wearing a crotch support belt when I'm walking a lot/doing a lot of physical activity. It doesn't help the hemmorhoids specifically, but keeps the "down there" swelling in check if that's an issue for you. 
  • fioripfiorip member
    +1 on Earth Mama Bottom Balm and hemorrhoids, it's very soothing. 

+1 on the amazon underwear, very comfortable. I bought two packs. 

I have this weird pain when I press the right side of my belly, I've mentioned it on the last two appointments to my Ob and she has not said anything about it other than ok. 

Baby is still breech and sometimes she kicks so hard that I swear I feel her foot coming out of the vagina.
    I'm 29, husband is 30
    Together since 2006
    Married 01.17.15  <3

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 

• @virginiaunicorn11 Just ordered some now, thanks for the advice!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • BusyZeeBusyZee member
    I have a permanently pulsating butthole. 
    He really needs to stop hanging out there. 
  • It's been a while since I popped in but yes to all the things!

• Heartburn - basically taking Tums every night before bed and sleeping propped up.
    • I've had a head/chest cold this week I think brought on by sinus/allergy issues, so that's been fun...
    • So much peeing... and waking up in the middle of the night almost every night because of it - I want more sleep!
    • Baby head grinding around down there equals low grade lightning crotch all the time... 
    • Braxton hicks or baby squirming around to get comfortable!? It's the latest game!
    • Swelling in my ankles/calves and hands - my joints have been painful sometimes as well - I feel like and old person lately lol. Need to get up and move around more to help with the swelling, can't move around for too long because I get tired and/or sore. Getting up is a struggle. The joys of pregnancy!
    • Ready to be done with work - and there is still way too much to do...
    BabyGaga

BabyGaga
  • Can I +5 the heartburn because I have the heartburn of 5 people?

+1 backpain

The need to nest is finally stronger than my exhaustion so that is a big win for me!!!
  • BusyZee said:
    I have a permanently pulsating butthole. 
    He really needs to stop hanging out there. 
    Yes, wtf is that?! Mine's more occasional than permanent but seriously...WTAF.