Pregnant after IF

1st Trimester check-in Wk May 22

Happy Monday ladies!!!

Welcome to those who are new to this board!! 

This is a weekly check-in for those in their 1st trimester: weeks 1 through the end of week 13. We've all gone through a lot to get to this point, so congratulations and best of luck to all of you over the next several months! 

1. How far along are you? What is your EDD?  

2. Which oh-so-lovely pregnancy symptoms are you having?  

3. When is your next appointment?  

4. Anything else you'd like to share?  

QOTW:

1. Do you have any memorial day weekend plans? Or for those of you not in the US weekend plans?

Note: When you graduate up to the 2nd Trimester (woo hoo!!), write a quick post letting us know you are leaving. I want to keep the list updated, but don't want to delete names prematurely!                

Mommies to be:  

*If you wrote an estimate on your EDD and it changed, just tag me when it changes so that I can update. Thanks ladies!

@DungeonTrollMel EDD 11/29/17

@lizycs EDD 11/30/17

@Jeansis EDD 11/30/17

@shytonia EDD 12/1/17

@retas EDD 12/1/17

@nikkilegare EDD 12/1/17

@liljoy 12/6/17 

@MountainLady EDD 12/6/17

@carterh33 12/8/17

@PoeMasque EDD 12/8/17

@kmallery08 EDD 12/13/17

@makinganexpatbaby EDD 12/15/17

@stella_700 EDD 12/17/17 TWINS!

@baevn EDD 12/20/17

@khinca EDD 12/21/17

@wabash15 EDD 12/25/17

@takethelongway EDD 12/28/17 (est) (TWINS!)

@jackiesmom324 EDD 12/30/17

@wanderlust14 EDD 12/30/17

@klake42 EDD 1/2/18

@juliagoolia719 EDD 1/2/18

@ryannenikole EDD 1/8/18

@whenwillieversleep1 EDD 1/13/18

*TW*
TTC 1/2012
Diagnosed : unexplained infertility
6 rounds of IUI and a MC 2/2014, rainbow twins 4/2015
TTC #3 5/2016
Restarted Fertility tx
IUI 2 rounds, baby girl 12/17

Re: 1st Trimester check-in Wk May 22

• 1. How far along are you? What is your EDD?  10 weeks yesterday! 17 of dec

2. Which oh-so-lovely pregnancy symptoms are you having?  exhaustion, some nasal congestion, gassiness (TMI, sorry ladies), minor dry heaving in the mornings.

3. When is your next appointment?  two appts this week, first one with the OB, last one on Thursday with my RE

4. Anything else you'd like to share?  My eight year old nephew visited this weekend. He came up to me and put his ear to my belly and gently patted it and talked to my tummy. The hormones opened up the floodgates. So sweet.

Took the last of the PIO shots last night! So relieved to finish those.

QOTW:

1. Do you have any memorial day weekend plans? Or for those of you not in the US weekend plans? If I've got the energy I'd like to take the long weekend to get some organizing and stuff done around the house. At least begin sorting through the stuff that is in where we want the nursery to be.

• 1. How far along are you? What is your EDD? I've been demoted to a due date of the 8th december (@wabash15). I'm 11 weeks 5 days again!

2. Which oh-so-lovely pregnancy symptoms are you having?  I have a bump :smiley: obviously any stranger on the street would assume I'm a bit portly, but it's all pushed out on my flanks and belly! 

Sore ab muscles (please don't sneeze!), irritated gums, headaches, sore boobs (feels like the new norm) & very shiny hair.

3. When is your next appointment?  Wednesday with the midwife

4. Anything else you'd like to share?  I've been working 2.5 weeks without a day off so far and am really looking forward to my colleague returning to work. 

Also, TMI warning - DH and I finally got brave enough to BD  (that has such a different visual now  :D) - like everything these days, it made me cry!

QOTW:

1. Do you have any memorial day weekend plans? Or for those of you not in the US weekend plans?

I start my 3 week spring break - going to go camping through Washington and Oregon! The original plan was to bike, kite surf, climb and adventure... now I'm thinking eating, sleeping and gentle walking!

Me: 34 DH: 32
    TTC #1: Oct 2015
    DX: Unexplained - all tests normal
    TXX:
    Jan '17 - 1st round of Letrozole 25mg CD1-9... BFN
    Feb '17 - 2nd round of Letrozole 25mg CD1-9... BFN
    Mar '17 - 3rd round of Letrozole 25mg CD1-9 + IUI... BFP!!!!!! 

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • 1. How far along are you? What is your EDD?  12.5 weeks & 11/30

2. Which oh-so-lovely pregnancy symptoms are you having?  Just sore boobs right now. I also get really uncomfortable if I eat too much. Went to a BBQ yesterday afternoon and I was not feeling so hot the rest of the day! Other than that, just super up and down emotionally. 

3. When is your next appointment?  In about three weeks. Have to wait about seven more weeks til my next u/s!! 

4. Anything else you'd like to share?  Nothing earth shattering. Having a pretty good day! Stayed up late watching all four new episodes of Twin Peaks with DH, which was amazing and just as creepy/funny/clever/stunning as I hoped! :D  

QOTW:

Just the usual. We bring flowers to my grandparents graves and try to spruce them up a little. There's usually a little parade, too. And probably another BBQ so I can eat too much again haha!

@MountainLady (More TMI!) My DH and I have been avoiding BDing as well. Last time I spotted and cramped for hours it was so scary. This time just spotting for a few hours and it was a little scary, but it was so worth it! I am starting to feel more comfortable with the fact that that will just happen sometimes and it is okay. Doctor even warned us about that, but I have been scared to death since the last time.  

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • @MountainLady welcome to the 12/8 club! Have fun on your trip. I live in Oregon and you are in for a real treat! We are having great weather which means everyone here is in a good mood despite their sunburns :) 

Me: 39 SO: 36

Dx: low progesterone, possible DOR - officially "unexplained"

TTC#1 since November 2015
    9/16/2016 IUI#1 - BFN
    10/12/2016 IUI#2 - BFN
    1/21/2017 Clomid/IUI#3 - BFN
    March 2017 IVF: BFP! (beta#1 191, beta#2 378!) - it's a boy! DS born 12/6/2017

TTC #2 since July 2018
    May 2019 IVF #2: BFP! (beta#1 346, beta#2 646) - vanishing twin at 8 weeks. Baby B still going strong - due 2/8/20!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Klyn7Klyn7 member

Hi all, I'm feeling lucky to join you after a few weeks of being too nervous to do so!  

About 7 weeks. 1/6/18.

Mild nausea, sore bbs, some spotting, hence the nervousness. When I talked to a nurse, she said 80% of their patients experience spotting (likely due to progesterone suppositories)! Sure wish they'd mentioned that.

May 31st, 8.5 week ultrasound.

Yes! I've been stalking this conversation a little, and I noticed someone (can't remember who) feeling bummed she'd have to change her skincare routine because of products she can't use during pregnancy. I have the best face wash! It's a charcoal soap and safe to use during pregnancy. It's by Soap Revolt Naturals, a small business. I use Derma E microdermabrasion scrub on alternating days. I mix a drop of Derma E hydrating facial oil in with my moisturizer because I live in a dry climate, and the charcoal soap can be drying. I used to have cystic acne, and I swear this soap has cleared it up. The scrub has faded my acne scars and also prevented most of my small bumps. Sorry to sound like a commercial, but I am so, so happy with the routine. I've had a few big zits since becoming pregnant, but they went away quickly. 
    *TW*
    Me: 36 DH: 34 Dx: MFI, TTC since 2014
    3 IVF retrievals.
    PGS and PGD results from 9 embryos: 1 genetically normal embryo.
    April 2017 transfer. BFP! M/C 11 weeks.
    Donor embryo program: January 2018 transfer. BFP, EDD 10/6/18

• 1. How far along are you? What is your EDD?  

7w1d

Fatigue/low energy, moody, tender boobs, sensitive nose, congestion, food doesn't sound good most of the time. Some days are better than others. Oh! And my skin has actually been pretty good!

Tomorrow afternoon!

Oh I'm just a bundle of nerves about this appointment between my history and my friend telling me yesterday that she went in for a 6/7 week ultrasound on Fri and they couldn't find a heartbeat and wanted her to do a D&C right away. She's waiting it out for now, but oh man did it make me nervous for tomorrow! 

QOTW:

Irish Festival one day, and then we will get together with whichever of my siblings are available. Nothing much!

• KLake42KLake42 member

8 weeks today!  EDD 1/2.  This is likely to change, since I have TWO little raspberries growing in there, but I don't have an estimate yet.

Nausea.  All the nausea.  I might be feeling something else, too, but it's hard to tell through all the nausea.

6/1 with my RE.  We know that the two little babies share a gestational sac, and we're hoping that we'll see a membrane between them.  Mo/di is still high risk, but not as scary as mo/mo.

Nausea is a good sign, right?  And the fact that we saw two yolk sacs means we're more likely to see a membrane, so I'm counting on that.  I also just read a study that mo/di twins conceived through IVF are less likely to have TTTS than mo/di twins conceived the fun way.  (I don't want to say "naturally," because IVF's not unnatural, just less fun.)  So I'm leaning on a lot of statistics to help me manage my anxiety, which to be honest, is pretty high.

Fortunately, the nausea distracts me from the anxiety.  So at least there's that.

QOTW:

I will lie down on the couch and watch TV.  There are new Steven Universe episodes coming out that weekend.  

Me- 39 (turning 40 in April), TTC for the first time ever (since Jan 2015), low ovarian reserve
    Married 3/14/14 to my wonderful wife, but her sperm count is rather low
    TTC with frozen donor sperm and science

7 IUIs, 7 BFNs.
    2 IVF attempts, both cancelled and converted to IUI, both BFNs.
    Decided that my tired old ovaries are ready to retire.
    Next step- reciprocal IVF, using my wife's eggs, my uterus!  
    fresh 5 day transfer (2 embryos) 4/17/17- BFP! 
    Identical twins "due" 1/2/17 (but anticipated arrival sometime December)

• @Klyn7 Welcome! Sorry you have had spotting and have been feeling nervous! I also had spotting around weeks 5, 7, and just last weekend (I'm 12.5 weeks now). It seems like lots of people have had some degree of spotting on this message board, which has been somewhat comforting to me to know I'm not the only one. However, it is still really scary when it happens to you! Hope you won't have to deal with that again. 
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • 1. How far along are you? What is your EDD?  9+1 12/25

2. Which oh-so-lovely pregnancy symptoms are you having?  nausea, food aversions, fatigue, bloat, constipation, sore boobs. 

3. When is your next appointment?  not for about 2.5 more weeks

4. Anything else you'd like to share?  My spotting from last week is finally getting better and my symptoms are all in full swing so I'm feeling a little better about things. (also I just passed my loss milestone)

QOTW:

1. Do you have any memorial day weekend plans? Or for those of you not in the US weekend plans? I have no idea what we're going to do... DH is pushing for me to test drive minivans... so we'll see.

@ryannenikole welcome! GL with your appointment tomorrow

@klyn7 sorry about the spotting. It can be totally normal especially with those darn progesterone suppositories... though it is still scary!

@mountainlady I love pregnant sex, its so much more intense... but its hard in the first trimester with spotting and nausea etc. 

*TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx

8+6 December 2017

Still have all the nausea. I do have some anti-nausea meds now so I take them when I need them. I've also been having headaches more and more, but that might be due to weaning estrogen.

May 30th

I bought a few baby things this week. It was scary, but I also don't want to live this entire pregnancy in fear.

QOTW:

Well, Ramadan is supposed to begin this weekend so a lot of our usual plans will be off since business hours changed. So, I plan to lay around all weekend after teaching a few swim lessons.

Me: 31 PCOS + Homozygous A1298C MTHFR DH: 32 A-OK!
    December 2015-IVF 24 eggs retrieved, 16 mature, 14 fertilized with ICSI, 9 frozen blastocysts
    January 2016-FET #1-BFP!
    February 2016-MC @ 7w3d
    April 2016-Hysterscopy and D&C
    May 2016-September 2016-Prepare to move to Qatar and TTC is on hold
    October 2016-Natural BFP & MC @ 6w
    December 2016-Natural CP
    April 2017-FET #2-BFP-It's TWINS!
    Follow our journey

11+4, 12/8 

Still not much. Tailbone pain and I could always go to bed by 7pm!

Today! Got to see the little bean jumping around and rolling away from the ultrasound probe. Measuring right on track! We meet with the OB on Thursday for pap and to discuss the ultrasound 

I'm not sure if this is a pregnancy thing or not, but I just have zero patience for people lately. I have some often-rude coworkers that usually don't  bother me, but are just under my skin this week and I can't let it go!

QOTW:

I picked up extra shifts this weekend, so I will be working :( already dreading it! 

9/16/2016 IUI#1 - BFN
    10/12/2016 IUI#2 - BFN

TTC #2 since July 2018
    May 2019 IVF #2: BFP! (beta#1 346, beta#2 646) - vanishing twin at 8 weeks. Baby B still going strong - due 2/8/20!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm not sure if its normal pregnancy symptoms or if I'm dealing with coming off the pio and estrogen but I'm just not sure how I'm making it through the rest of these 10 hour days. Between almost constant dry heaving, the increased congestion, and the exhaustion has hit me like a blow, I'm a wreck. Also the heightened emotions all over the place. I leaned against DH and cried this morning. Anyone's symptoms ramp up after dropping the meds? I was hoping to start feeling better but this last bit of the first trimester is making a serious stand against me right now. Blessedly I'm not spotting but do have some increased crampiness, not AF-like though. Last appointment with my RE is tomorrow which always makes me feel better, getting to see the little wigglers.

PoeMasque the lack of tolerance for BS is super high with me right now. I've withdrawn a bit at work, best not to say something I can't take back. Although if its deserved I'm really good at letting people have it right now.

@wabash15 I'm glad that the spotting is stopping.

KLake42 Twins! I missed that announcement, congrats! The anxiety will lessen. Its not gone but like IF, control at this point, isn't in our hands. Which I hate by the way as I've got control freak tendencies. For me sharing my fears/stress with my partner has helped us both cope. He feels more involved and he's a steadying influence. Our motto for now: One day at a time. 

• @wabash15 thanks! Everything went great! Baby is good!

@PoeMasque I hear you on having no patience! Its bad for me as well!

@stella_700 I agree with you on one day at a time. That helps me a lot. And DH is so calm and sure that this is it that it balances my anxiety!

@KLake42 congratulations on your twins!
  • 1. How far along are you? What is your EDD?  twins- 9 weeks 4 days  edd 12/24/17

2. Which oh-so-lovely pregnancy symptoms are you having?  my main symptom is nausea. I'm also insanely tired all. the. time! I have had really bad food aversions and can't stomach much other than ginger ale and crackers, which is getting old. Lol. Diclegis is saving me right now! 

3. When is your next appointment?  My next appointment is next Wednesday the 31st. 10 and a half week ultrasound with the RE, I can't believe I only have two appointments left! Not sure if it's just me but I'm going to miss everyone at the RE and am nervous about moving to my OB office. 

4. Anything else you'd like to share?   So annoyed with some people these days. Usually I'm pretty laid back when it comes to issues at work but lately if you cross me you better watch out! Haha. 

I am still pretty nervous about my pregnancy and everything going well but know it's out of my control and so far everything has gone smoothly so I'm trying to stay calm.

QOTW:

1. Do you have any memorial day weekend plans? Or for those of you not in the US weekend plans? I originally planned on going home to see family but my hubby is studying for his final CFA exam on June 3rd and I have been so sick I don't think I can drive myself the 3+ hours there. I'm barely making my 20 minute work commute without having to use my puke bag, tmi I'm sorry. So instead I will go shopping/browsing for baby stuff and lounge around all weekend. :smiley:

• @PoeMasque there's the silver lining! Isn't it the best to see them  <3 I can't wait to get to Oregon - do you have any favourite mountain or coast things to see/do? I'm as bit gutted I won't get to try out all the wine!

@Jeansis yep - if we thought IF sex was unromantic... welcome to the next level! Here's hoping it just gets better!

Congrats on the twins @KLake42!

@wabash15 hooray (sort of) for symptoms! Although I think sore boobs alone would be quite eno@"jeannette_espinoza@sbcglobal.net"

@Stella_700 hang in there! <3

I had My midwife appointment - got to hear that beautiful heartbeat <3 We also got out NIPT results back - we're low risk for all the genetic disorders (that's as positive as they'll be) and were having a little girl!!!
    Me: 34 DH: 32
    TTC #1: Oct 2015
    DX: Unexplained - all tests normal
    TXX:
    Jan '17 - 1st round of Letrozole 25mg CD1-9... BFN
    Feb '17 - 2nd round of Letrozole 25mg CD1-9... BFN
    Mar '17 - 3rd round of Letrozole 25mg CD1-9 + IUI... BFP!!!!!! 

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • @MountainLady the Jefferson wilderness is always great (triangulation peak trail ends with a secret path to boca cave with a stunning view of mt Jefferson). We've also enjoyed kayaking on lake Paulina south of Bend (there are hot springs on one side of the caldera). The south coast is my favorite, Yachats is great and on the drive out there is one of my favorite hikes - sweet creek falls, near Mapleton. If you're closer to Portland, Bagby or Brightenbush hot springs are supposed to be amazing, I've never been to either, but have seen lots of photos and it looks like a great way to spend a day :)  I could go on, Oregon is amazing! 

9/16/2016 IUI#1 - BFN
    10/12/2016 IUI#2 - BFN

TTC #2 since July 2018
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • KLake42KLake42 member
    @stella_700  Thank you!  I think the IVF/infertility journey might, in a way, help prepare me for the emotional struggle, dealing with the risks of monochorionic twins.  While there are certainly increased risks, I still seem to be looking at, at worst, an 80% of survival.  But it's probably higher than that (monoamniotic twins are still rare, and I've got access to health care, something not everyone has), and I know what it's like to start an IVF cycle with just a 30% chance of success.  So if I end up with 80%, I'm still, more likely than not, going to be a parent at the end of the day.

So, I guess, I know what it's like to let go of control and have faith that what will be, will be.
    Me- 39 (turning 40 in April), TTC for the first time ever (since Jan 2015), low ovarian reserve
    Married 3/14/14 to my wonderful wife, but her sperm count is rather low
    TTC with frozen donor sperm and science

7 IUIs, 7 BFNs.
    2 IVF attempts, both cancelled and converted to IUI, both BFNs.
    Decided that my tired old ovaries are ready to retire.
    Next step- reciprocal IVF, using my wife's eggs, my uterus!  
    fresh 5 day transfer (2 embryos) 4/17/17- BFP! 
    Identical twins "due" 1/2/17 (but anticipated arrival sometime December)

• @MountainLady congrats on a healthy looking girl! its wonderful news
    @TaylorMichel  I was in the same boat with my twins and this pregnancy the lovely saltine and ginger ale diet. hang in there, it does get better. enjoy the quiet weekend.
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx

• *lurking*

@caseyw8784 I am SO EXCITED to see your name here!!! Congrats on your BFP!! This is a long time coming and I'm so thrilled for you! Also, your due date is my birthday, which I think is kind of awesome :smiley:
    ***BFP & Child Warning***

Me: 34, DH: 38 ~ TTC since 2014
    IUI #1-3 (Nov 2015, Feb 2016, May 2016) = BFNs
    IVF ER (July 2016) = 7 PGS normal embryos
    FET #1 (Sept 2016) = BFP! DD born 5/30/17
    FET #2 (April 2019) = BFN
    FET #3 (July 2019) = BFP! DS born 3/27/20
  • @wifeinraleigh28 - haha, the fact that it's your birthday must be a good omen! DH wants the baby to be born on the 24th, which is both his and his father's birthday! I've been stalking you since you're so close to your due date, it's so exciting! :smiley:
  • @caseyw8784 Yes, we actually head into the hospital Sunday @ 6pm to begin the induction process! I'm in complete shock that these are my last few days being pregnant, but I'm ready :)
    ***BFP & Child Warning***

Me: 34, DH: 38 ~ TTC since 2014
    IUI #1-3 (Nov 2015, Feb 2016, May 2016) = BFNs
    IVF ER (July 2016) = 7 PGS normal embryos
    FET #1 (Sept 2016) = BFP! DD born 5/30/17
    FET #2 (April 2019) = BFN
    FET #3 (July 2019) = BFP! DS born 3/27/20