January 2018 Moms

Re: UO Thursday 5/25

• I HATE feeding DS solids.  He feeds himself but it takes forever and makes such a mess. And right now it makes me gag. I would totally nurse forever instead of worrying what to feed him. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • @remindmeofthebabe On that note, I hate when grown adults say their tummy hurts. Ummm... are you three?
    *TW*

DD1 EDD 9/29/2015, Born 9/24/2015

DS1 EDD 1/3/2018, Born 12/26/2017

BFP #3 3/21/2019, EDD 11/29/2019, MMC/D&C 5/7/2019

BFP #4 6/28/2019, EDD 3/12/2020 

• KatieElKatieEl member
    @EmilyLove25 I'm totally guilty of saying my tummy hurts, but only when I'm talking to DS1 an actual three year old lol
    DS1: Nov. 2013
    DS2: Jan. 2016
    DS3: Dec. 2017
    Baby #4 on the way!
  • I'm actually super excited to be moving across the country this week because baby showers annoy me. I don't see what's fun about diaper games and everyone rubbing your belly. So happy to get out of it! 

Married 4/13/13

Loss at 6 weeks 5/4/2013

Loss at 9 weeks 12/2013

Healthy baby boy 7/12/15

Due 1/6/18

• @darkrose88 yes! I've had people getting on my case that I don't have a theme and decorations. We're ordering pizza and having close family. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @remindmeofthebabe I was literally just coming here to say that. Cannot STAND "preggo".
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @darkrose88 We always intend to have small parties for my son and they always turn out huge. DHs family is extensive. But I see 1st birthday parties more of a celebration that mom & dad made it through.  ;)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • cyanopecyanope member
    Haha, we totally had a big party for DD, @darkrose88, and I don't feel guilty about it one tiny bit! Parties are kind of my thing, though. I always say that I would love to be a party planner, so I get all giddy doing everything associated with it. And yes, the party was totally for me more than DD, and I feel no shame. She had a freaking blast though and so did all of the other kids. I would do it again in a heartbeat! 

I also hate Frozen, @GraceUponGrace09! The story line was lame. 

• KatieElKatieEl member
    @darkrose88 @maueraa07 I always answer: the theme is a birthday party lol
    DS1: Nov. 2013
    DS2: Jan. 2016
    DS3: Dec. 2017
    Baby #4 on the way!
  • @darkrose88 We always intend to have small parties for my son and they always turn out huge. DHs family is extensive. But I see 1st birthday parties more of a celebration that mom & dad made it through.  ;)
    Hell yes! Also agreed with @cyanope
    I told everyone it was a celebrating that I've kept a tiny human alive for a whole year, without knowing what the f I was doing. 
  • LemmyRNLemmyRN member
    I think the movie Frozen is stupid and totally overrated (albeit I'm not a huge Disney fan). How's that for unpopular? 
    I hate that movie as well. The 2 main characters were terrible role models. If you reeeeeealy "let it go" ELSA then why are you hiding the ice castle like a hermit. And Anna was kinda dumb, reckless, and desperate for attention. My kids will not be seeing it. 

I am annoyed that Disney has to have someone die in almost every movie... Like someone has to die before the main character achieves anything. 
  • I never could get into shows that are super popular: Walking Dead, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead.. I've gotten some serious heat from some friends because I just don't like any of those shows.
  • I totally have said "prego" on here and now I'm laughing because some of you cringed! In my denfense I say it only when typing because I am lazy. 

I hate the term "potty", as in "I have to go potty" .. it annoys me and when people say it at work it makes me think I'm in a day care. Go to the bathroom where the adults are.

Also,  I have not read any damn baby books and I refuse to. Women have been popping kids out for as long as humans have been around (again lazy I don't feel like looking up the number and my brain hurts) and I'm pretty sure Mother Nature will show me the way. My only exception would be this site because I technically read what everyone has to say. I am not super into every little detail which I know is unpopular but I'm so totally stoked for this little babe. Think of me like Adam Sandler from Big Daddy. Lol
  • Shanski70Shanski70 member
    edited May 2017
    U/O and/or FFFC: Nutella.  I've never had it, and I'm not really interested in trying it...

Jan '18 December Siggy Challenge: Christmas Movies

• @darkrose88 I'm an totally throwing DD a big themed 1st birthday next month. And I will 100% admit it is for me. It's a celebration of hey we survived the first year, come on over and eat these ridiculous tea sandwhichs I spent hours making. I wouldn't want it any other way. We will also do special birthdays for 10, 13 and 16 as well.

I agree with the childish terms for things. I will also say that bad Grammer annoys the crap out of me. My dad is notorious for not knowing how to speak properly. He Comes across like a really bad woods hick. 
  • @Shanski70 - You have no idea what you are missing. Nutella is amazing! 
  • Off topic but Hi @LemmyRN !! I remember you from May 16, so cool we're in the same BMB again :)
  • Oh I am an INSANE person when it comes to birthday parties. I just love doing it. 
    DD1 4.14.10
    DD2 8.22.13
    MMC 1.4.17 at 16w
    Expecting #3, EDD 1.29.18

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Note to self, do not right prego here. I was totally doing it cuz I was lazy and couldn't remember a short form.

My stomach hurts constantly but I don't say tummy. I'm not three.

I love the songs in Frozen, they are catchy but the Role models aren't great. I named my yellow lab Elsa and she's probably a better role model.

@Shanski70 - you must try it. You'll become addicted. I had to stop buying it because I would totally eat it out of the jar! It was bad!

UO: I hate the people who stare at me when I walk my three dogs like I'm a three-headed monster or tell me I have my hands full. Like you think I don't know that. They aren't puppies, they are grown dogs. Would I be walking them if I didn't know what to do with them!?! If they start barking at your dogs and you can't handle yours, keep walking and don't stare. Mine are just trying to say hi.
  • @MeggsM I TOTALLY agree! It's the correct term, not a bad word. 
    Although, I will admit I did blush when my son came up to me while I was sitting at a table full of ladies from church and told me his penis hurts. 
  • MeggsMMeggsM member
    @GraceUponGrace09  haha that's great.

• @MeggsM I'm with you/research on that one!
  • @MeggsM Yes! Call it what it is. A penis and vagina shouldn't be shameful. I think cute nicknames are the beginning that just broadens into the general social norm of not talking about them at all. 
  • @tryingfor1st YES! I totally agree re dogs. And even though it is Friday my UO is that people when someone tells me she/he is not a dog person--unless they have a serious story about being attacked or something--I think less of them. Same really goes for people who say they aren't cat people etc. Like WTF. Dogs and cats are awesome and they are ZFGs what you think anyway. All animals should hate humans for ruining the planet etc. anyway, so...
    *TW*

DD1 EDD 9/29/2015, Born 9/24/2015

DS1 EDD 1/3/2018, Born 12/26/2017

BFP #3 3/21/2019, EDD 11/29/2019, MMC/D&C 5/7/2019

BFP #4 6/28/2019, EDD 3/12/2020 

• Can I just say that all of this made me laugh this morning? I needed it. 

Gonna be honest, I love Frozen. Storyline isnt great, and then there's the role model issue, but I love it. I'm a huge Disney fan though. 

I also love The Walking Dead. Not so much Game of Thrones, but TWD is awesome. 

Kids birthday parties also bother me, but I also know Ill get sucked into having them because we have a lot of family and whatnot. Love the idea of the first birthday party being a survival celebration though!

And showers. I dont really want one either. We are building a house and I foresee it being fall before its really finished up (hopefully Im wrong!) so I told DH we need to have an open house/hey we're having a baby party around Halloween or so. I would much rather do that. Im pretty minimalist about baby stuff though. Babies dont ACTUALLY nedd that much stuff, IMO. 

Baby talk also bothers me. My boss says tinkle. I love her but LOL. 
  • @darkrose88 bahah guilty. But it was a party for me. I mean, it was to celebrate the little dude but also its the only time I get to pick the party. haha I decided before it was done that his next one will be pizza and store bought cake. haha

J18 December Siggy Challenge: Christmas Movies
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • LemmyRNLemmyRN member
    edited May 2017
    @tgortney    I remember you too! It looks quite a few June 16 moms are here, but not many May. It'll be fun to get to know this group, especially once "Ramzi-mania" begins  :D
    edited d/t failed gif

Finally got it right.... uggggh took long enough 
  • edited May 2017
    @MeggsM I will say that sometimes you cannot control that. We raised my son on his proper terms -- penis, testicles, etc -- and that was all fine. Then all of a sudden at about 5 he was like "NO I DON'T LIKE THAT WORD" and refuses to say it to this day. We still say it to him, and finally he's settled on "private parts" and "crotch." To this day he's all about how these are his private parts, and he is having none of these proper terms. 

@remindmeofthebabe I also hate cutesy terms of pregnant -- also, for sex and other perfectly normal bodily functions. When I was trying to get pregnant, I cringed every time I saw someone reference "doing the baby dance." Like. We're all adults. We had sex. 

But I am 200% guilty of saying "tummy" and I have no idea why. I once said it to a guy I had not been dating very long and I felt like the dumbest person on the planet, lol.
  • cyanopecyanope member
    I intend to use the proper terms with DD, but she's only 16 months old, so we're not quite to that stage yet. However, she refers to my boobs as, "bubbles" whenever my shirt is off. She just points, laughs, and says, "bubbles." Don't know where it came from, but we laugh every single time. I don't think I want to correct her because I love it so much!
  • cyanope said:
    I intend to use the proper terms with DD, but she's only 16 months old, so we're not quite to that stage yet. However, she refers to my boobs as, "bubbles" whenever my shirt is off. She just points, laughs, and says, "bubbles." Don't know where it came from, but we laugh every single time. I don't think I want to correct her because I love it so much!
    This is adorable lol such an apt description too. I think I'm stealing your kids idea even though I JUST put myself on the anti cutesy name train. Lol

when DH pokes my boobs I can say "don't pop my bubbles!"