July 2017 Moms

High vs. Low

Just curious as to who is carrying high vs. low. I've been carrying really high all pregnancy (32 w, 5 d currently). I'm having a girl. I know the old wives tale says girls are high and boys are low, however there just can't be any scientific merit to that. Sometimes it's hard to breathe as she is right in my lungs!
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: High vs. Low

• I feel like I am carrying lower this time, STM due with a boy. With my DD, she was up in my ribs even while I was in labour and then descended quickly into the birthing canal (and bruised her nose). This one is lower for sure. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

Married 8 years - Aug 23/08
    DD - 6 years old, March 17/11
    #2 due July 19th! (It's a boy!)
  • I'm definitely carrying high. I can still put on pre-pregnancy pants and get them zipped, but not buttoned. Baby is also up in my ribs all. the. time. I'm a ftm with a girl. 
  • Loading the player...
  • BusyZeeBusyZee member
    Low. But I think it mostly could just be related with how strong your abs are and if you have a long torso. Everyone is convinced I'm having a girl. 
  • My OB told me that each pregnancy carries progressively lower as well, basically comparing it to a tired uterus lol.  I feel like this LO is in my ribs all the time though and I'm team green.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I am carrying high. Did so with both of my other babies too. My kids never drop. I go into labor but don't dilate. I end up with csection (OB says it's the shape of my pelvis). 
    married 7.18.12   DS1 4.29.13   EDD 11.23.14

my happy boy

• DS destroyed my pelvic floor, so I'm carrying this baby (girl) very low. Her head is so deep in my pelvis already they could barely get measurements at my last US.
    TTC#1 Oct 2010
    DS born May 2013
    TFAS Feb 2016
    EDD 07/29/2017
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Carrying much lower with this little girl than I did with DS.  I never "dropped" with him...my water broke, and away we went, 2 weeks early.  She's so much lower I feel like she might fall out every now and again.
  • I've never been good at this. I feel like there's a difference between where baby is and how my bump looks. DS was up in my ribs but my bump looked low. This kid is waaayyy low in my pelvis, but I'm still able to wear some of my regular jeans (which I couldn't do last pregnancy), so...yeah. I'm super confused. I've spent time studying google images, and still don't know
  • chiquita928chiquita928 member
    edited May 2017
    @virginiaunicorn11 I'm going by bump location.  I think rib kicks happen no matter what.  Same with crotch punches.  I just hang low this time lol.

ETA my bump was basically a boob rest last time.  Now, despite much larger boobs, they don't really touch.
  • I don't know I think I'm too short - I just look round, period! 
  • DD was high- excessive rib pain. Now DS is a lot lower and I think my vagina may fall off from pressure. It's like I'm actively trying to hold a bowling ball in there.
  • @virginiaunicorn11 I feel like you're carrying much more "girl bump" this time around. 
    TTC: 1/2014 BFP: 9/24 EDD: 6/8/2015 Sorry for the poor man's siggy...ticker won't load regardless of how many tips I read.
  • CejimlCejiml member
    TTM with a girl and way lower this time around than with my other 2. I couldn't breathe until my son dropped and flipped head down. 
  • DD was super low, DS1 was super high, this boy is super low.
  • DS was super high, this one (girl) is much lower.
  • I carry high. This one is high, and so were DS1 and DS2, all boys if that makes a difference! 
  • Ftm with a boy, feeling like I'm carrying low but I've got a long torso and feel like I'm showing at closer to what most people's 18 weeks look like as opposed to the 33 weeks I actually am. 
  • I'm carrying high. FTM having a girl. Because I'm short, people are surprised I am not about to have the baby any day now. I'm all baby, but I have a big-ish belly. 
  • @crzyforbabies I'm short too (5' 3) so I wonder if that contributes to how I carry. There is a woman in my childbirth classes who is almost 6' tall and she is carrying so beautifully. I am so jealous!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @virginiaunicorn11 but I was totally serious it looks super different this time! I just would've kept my opinions to myself if I didn't know you like collecting data :)
    TTC: 1/2014 BFP: 9/24 EDD: 6/8/2015 Sorry for the poor man's siggy...ticker won't load regardless of how many tips I read.
  • JAM85JAM85 member
    edited May 2017
    I carried high last time with DD and and now with DS. I'm guessing it's my torso and ab and hip flexor combo more than anything. Last time DD was frank breech from 18w on and DS has been head down from 18w on so it's not that either. This time I have a basketball in the belly straight out thing. I am wondering if I will drop
    thid time as last time I didn't before labor happened at 38w and she was also breech so nothing to really drop 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @dancegurl1118 lol, guess I'm a little sensitive. Thanks! Now pardon me while I go obsess over this for the next 48 hours ;)
  • A lot of pictures I look like Im carrying high and I can still wear pre pregnancy jeans. but he's never been in my ribs and he's been so head down at every appointment that they can barely do head measurements. With that conflicting info, I have no clue how Im actually carrying. Everyone just keeps telling me I'm all baby and look normal from the back. Im only 5'3 so not a particularly long torso. 
    ME: 28 DH: 27
    Started Dating: 10/20/2006
     Married: 10/20/2013
    MMC @ 8w 12/15
    MC @ 5w 03/16
    ALEXANDER JAMES DUE JULY 15th!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I feel like I was higher at the start of the pregnancy and that I dropped since because I feel like I am carrying low / lower now. Here's a picture from 20 weeks, 25 weeks where I feel I was a bit lower and then one from last week (33 weeks) Sorry for the size, I can't make them smaller for some reason. 

Me:28 | DH: 28
    Married: 07-2014
    TTC #1: Since November 2015
    Restarted TTC "count" Oct. 2016
         due to previous issues.
    ***TW***
    BFP: 11/4/2016
    *TW*
     BabyFruit Ticker