November 2017 Moms
Options

PGAL Weekly Check-In 5/23-5/29

This thread is for women who are pregnant after a loss and who have a history of loss.

This thread is one huge trigger warning so if you just came to read, please protect yourself if you are not comfortable reading about loss.  This is a place where women can talk freely about their loss history.

*****PLEASE DO NOT post losses here. Start a new thread.*****

Hey PGAL ladies, "Today you are pregnant!"  3 

1. How far along are you today?

2. Share any part of your loss history you feel comfortable sharing.  What are your loss milestones?

3. How are you feeling today?  Struggles?  Successes?

4. How is your SO handling everything?

5. GTKY: What is one physical feature of your SO that you hope this baby has? What is one personality trait of your SO that you want to to have?
It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility

Re: PGAL Weekly Check-In 5/23-5/29

• Options
    NYTino24NYTino24 member
    edited May 2017
    Better late than never I guess!

Almost 15 weeks!

2. Share any part of your loss history you feel comfortable sharing.  What are your loss milestones?
    NMC at 7w6d in January

I'm feeling confident now. I look pregnant, I feel a little pregnant, and I can hear the baby move on the Doppler.

He's getting excited, but is still upset the tech didn't try to find out the sex at our 12 week appointment. 

5. GTKY: What is one physical feature of your SO that you hope this baby has? What is one personality trait of your SO that you want to to have?
    I hope LO gets Dad's skin tone. We are both Irish / Italian, but I am also French, German, Polish, and a few other randoms. He got the nice coloring and I'm as white as a ghost mixed with some blue green veins and sunburn. I hope this baby gets it's Dad's ability to keep calm when sh** hits the fan. He just always believes things will be okay. 
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • Options
    JDW0325JDW0325 member
    Almost 15 weeks too!

MMC and D&C in Aug 2016 due to Turner's Syndrome 

Really good both mentally and physically. Impatiently awaiting the AS in a little less than 5 weeks though!

Always the best. Started getting Lillian's room together already!

Physical- He has a super cute nose. My son got it and I hope my daughter will too! 
    Personality- His go with the flow attitude. I am so anxious when things don't go as planned and I hope my kids don't get that from me! I want them to just roll with the punches (never realized how weird of a saying that was until just now!) 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    1. How far along are you today? 16 weeks and 3 days. 

Early miscarriage/ CP at 4 weeks 2 days August 2016
    Ectopic pregnancy between 5-6 weeks confirmed via blood work and ultrasound in September 2016.

Struggles- I am still going through a lot of mom guilt with DD (3). I have been suffering horrible mood swings. If I don't get enough sleep I am extremely moody for the rest of the day. It hasn't happened a whole lot this week but when she doesn't listen or refuses to do something we ask I get extremely irritated. Before I got pregnant this was not the case but my hormones are crazy right now. If I get too irritated I start crying and then she thinks she is in trouble and comes to give me a hug, then I feel guilty for letting her think that and I cry more for feeling like a horrible mom and that I am failing her.

Pretty good. Yesterday I had a lot of pressure which was making me move a little slower. He asked what was wrong and I explained to him what I was feeling. He got so panicky and asked if we needed to go to the hospital. 

I felt bad and had to laugh a little and told him no baby is just growing and wedged nicely against my bladder. 

Physical feature - eyes. We both have green/hazel eyes that change shades during the seasons but his are more piercing. 
    Personality trait- we both let people walk all over us and mistreat us but he is better at not taking it personally and doesn't put up with it as long. He is the one who speaks up and fixes the problem whereas I bottle it up and let it eat me inside. 

• Options

1. How far along are you today? 17 weeks

2. Share any part of your loss history you feel comfortable sharing.  What are your loss milestones? MC at 6.5 weeks

3. How are you feeling today?  Struggles?  Successes? Feeling pretty good today (knock on wood) I'm wanting to eat ALL the time now though so I'm trying, and struggling a little bit, to eat healthy snacks. 

4. How is your SO handling everything? He's great, as always.  He keeps randomly telling me that he can't wait to hold our baby <3

Physical: I hope LO gets my bf's ears... mine stick out awkwardly and I hate them. He has cute little ears.  Personality: I hope LO is more outgoing like my bf. I'm pretty quiet/reserved and it makes meeting people difficult. He's very outgoing/social.

@NYTino24 I'm glad you're starting to feel confident now. It's so nice to have a Doppler and be able to listen in whenever.  I think it really helps to be able to do that between appointments.

@JDW0325 It's kind of crazy to think we're getting so close to the AS's already! 

• Options
    @NYTino24 I'm glad you're feeling confident. I'm also surprised your DH is so upset about not finding out the sex at the NT scan. I thought most techs didn't even try because it's almost impossible to be certain before 14-15 weeks. 

@JDW0325 It's funny that the anatomy scan seems simultaneously close and yet so far away.

@MKMandeville Hugs. You're not a horrible mom and you're not failing your DD. You're human, and that means you'll get irritated sometimes. 

@mparm91 Healthy eating is a struggle for me too. I'm finally at the point where healthy food and cooking sounds good again. 

AFM:

1. 15+2 today

2. MCs at 7 and 10 wks in Dec 15 and Apr 16.

3. Anxiety is up and down after we got the results of our first tri bloodwork last week.  (1:70 risk of Down's and 1:180 risk of T18). Those weren't enough to officially screen positive (yet). We met with a genetic counselor this week, and she explained that the cutoff for a positive is so high after the first part of the sequential screen because it gives less false positives that way. After the second part of the sequential screen, however, the cutoff will likely be 1:270. If our risk doesn't drop past that, then yes, we would screen positive. We elected to proceed with the cell free testing and had the MaternitT 21 Plus test drawn on Tues. My insurance won't cover it because I'm not AMA (I'm 34) and haven't screened positive yet. So, we'll be fighting with the lab and my insurance, but my PGAL brain needs this peace of mind. And if, god forbid, we screen positive on the cell free test, we'll want to do amnio before making any decisions, and both of these tests take 2 weeks for full results. That alone would put us at 19 weeks before we can make a decision, and H and I want as much time as possible to get a diagnosis and decide what to do. So, we didn't want to wait for the second sequential screen results. I still got the second sequential screen drawn yesterday, though. So, now we wait 1 week for sequential screen results and 2 weeks for MaterniT21 test results. This whole pregnancy has felt like a giant string of two-week waits, from WTO until now. 

Aside from that, my OB is concerned about my blood pressure (being in that office is anxiety inducing for me), so now I have to take my blood pressure at home everyday to hopefully find out that my blood pressure is fine and I won't need meds.

4. He's doing pretty well, all things considered. He holds things together to be supportive of me. He tries to balance my negative outlook with optimism, which I need.

5. Physical - my baby will almost certainly get my H's hair (dominant genes), which I'm really happy about. His hair is soft and shiny. Love it - especially if we have a girl.

Personality - I hope our baby is as outgoing as my H. He makes friends easily and can chat with anyone. I'm reserved and shy, so I'm always amazed at how easily that comes to my H.

• Options

@mkmandeville like riversong said, you are not a bad mom. you're only human and sometimes our emotions get the best of us. 

@riversong15 I'm sorry your test results haven't come back with really clear/positive results.  It must be very stressful and I hope your next set of results come back with more positive (low risk!) results.  I'll be thinking about you!

• Options
    NYTino24NYTino24 member
    edited May 2017
    @MKMandeville I hope you get some sleep soon and that your hormones even out. I find myself getting impatient with my 24 nine and ten year olds at times, but at least I get a break.

@RiverSong15 He was under the impression we would find out the sex from the bloodwork that accompanied the NT scan (we were told we would find out) and we had a 4D ultrasound when baby was measuring 13w2d, so we definitely could have found out then. I hope you get good, quick results from the rest of your tests and that you somehow can get them covered by insurance. I also hope they can keep your BP down. I'm seeing more and more women being prescribed BA to prevent pre-e.

@mparm91 I'm constantly hungry, too. I don't usually have cravings or aversions, but just either feel like eating and have interest in some foods and not others. It's hard to pinpoint. Sometimes I'm hungry and just can't decide what to have. It's usually something we don't have in our house.

@JDW0325 I love that you know the sex, have a name picked, and are starting a room! DH wants to wait until he knows the sex before doing anything. Meanwhile, I started our neutral registries.

• Options
    13+5

MC found at 11 week appt Oct 2016. Baby had not grown past my last sonogram at 7+4

I struggle every single day with wondering if everything is okay. I'm trying to ease my mind with knowing I'm at the end of the first trimester. I had an appt last Monday and after about 2-3 mins the doctor was able to find the heartbeatt. I honestly have no idea how those that have suffered multiple losses get through the 40 weeks of pregnancy. It must be so hard.

He's fine. He is the most laid back chill person I've ever met!

I would have to say his hair. We actually both have very thick hair so I think our little girl with have thick hair. I would love to have my DH's chill and laid back attitude. Nothing (except bad drivers) rile him up. He can brush things off without a problem. I'm the complete opposite which is why I think we work well. We balance each other.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    liz4382liz4382 member
    1. 14 weeks, 5 days!

2. MC @11 weeks in Jan. 

3. Like @cwalker042 I also worry every day about if the baby is ok. I feel like I just wait between appointments.  I feel good for a day or two after an appointment, then I just want the next one to come so I know things are ok again.  I second-guess everything and am always on Google. I have been feeling some consistent things (hard to describe them) around where the baby should be, which does help a bit. Once I know for sure I'm feeling movement, I think (hope) that will help me relax. 

4.  Good!  He's very relaxed, and always reassures me the baby is just fine. 

5. Physical--his big, sleepy eyes. Personality--his relaxed, go-with-the flow attitude. I really hope the baby gets that and not my anxiety!!!
    Pregnancy Ticker