June 2017 Moms

GTKY: TV shows

huzzahuzzahuzzahuzza member
edited May 2017 in June 2017 Moms
What do you like to watch?!?! Planning on binge watching anything while bfing??? 

Edit: had to add "like to" in that first sentence... We watch a lot of My Little Pony in this house. I don't necessarily like it.

Re: GTKY: TV shows

• I just started watching Life in Pieces on Netflix. Since I'm so close to having a baby, I've been remembering more about the first few days DD was home from the hospital, so I found the DIL's childbirth scene and lactation problems particularly hilarious and relatable.

I plan to watch Parenthood during my late night nursing sessions. 
    Married 8/29/09
    MC: 9/14
    Goober #1 born: 8/17/15
    MC: 9/16
    Goober # 2 EDD: 6/27/17
  • I've been binge watching Criminal Minds. 

I think I want to watch Scandal, the handmaiden's tale, maybe finish The Goodwife (idk it was hard to get into), When calls the heart was recommended too. 
  • Loading the player...
  • OITNB starts in June, I'll binge watch that, but otherwise I'm a reality tv junkie.
  • KB00KB00 member
    @Stankonia2014 I'm with you with the reality TV. My secret love it reality TV so that makes it difficult to "binge." But on Netflix I will watch the Office for the hundredth time. That show never gets old to me. 
  • House of Cards starts on May 30th!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Game of Thrones starts in July!!!!

• Elyse1384 said:
    Game of Thrones starts in July!!!!

We usually watch it with another couple we're friends with, and when last season ended I was marveling at the fact that they'd have a baby by the time season 7 started. Little did I know, the season would start late and now it turns out we'll both have babies before it starts again! We weren't even TTC at that time, which now makes it feel so very long ago. 
  • Here's my summer list: 
    Game of Thrones
    Orange is the New Black
    And.... So You Think You Can Dance

Normally I watch Grey's Anatomy, Scandal, and This is Us... I may be rewatching some of these this summer. 
  • I just started binging This Is Us. My other faces are OITNB, Shameless, Stranger Things, and Being Mary Jane
  • I just started binging This Is Us. My other faces are OITNB, Shameless, Stranger Things, and Being Mary Jane
    Ooo I forgot about Stranger Things!!! When does Season 2 start?!?
    I think I read October.
    Married 8/29/09
  • shmarpler said:
    I just started binging This Is Us. My other faces are OITNB, Shameless, Stranger Things, and Being Mary Jane
    I think I read October.

SITB:
    I had to go look it up! It has a Halloween release date!
  • ama7165ama7165 member
    We've been watching designated survivor. Highly recommended

Going to binge watch game of thrones...I think we are on season 4
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • shmarpler said:
    I just started binging This Is Us. My other faces are OITNB, Shameless, Stranger Things, and Being Mary Jane
    I think I read October.

SITB:
    I had to go look it up! It has a Halloween release date!
    My Halloween just got booked.  ;)
    Married 8/29/09
  • mtvkv5mtvkv5 member
    I have a lot of shows on network TV I watch regularly but it seems they are all going on break now or soon. I've been wanting to start the handmaid's tale but I don't have a Hulu subscription yet.

DH and I watch bosch and we haven't started the new season yet, so that's one for the to-watch list. I also haven't started the new season of Veep yet. 

My go-to shows to re-watch old episodes of are Grey's and Friends.
  • delujm0delujm0 member
    With DD I streamed the entirety of The Tudors and then she started refusing to eat or sleep anywhere but on top of me in a dark room for several weeks, so that ended tv watching.  I read a shitload of books on my Kindle though.

I will advise against watching the movie Dumbo PP...is saw it on Netflix the first day i was home alone and was like "I haven't seen this since I was a kid!" Totally forgetting that the whole plot was about a baby being taken from his mother...not a good call.  So much crying.
  • danij0danij0 member
    DH and I just binged the new season of Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt. We're also bingeing Baby Daddy. We watch a lot of TV. I 100% recommend watching Crazy Ex-Girlfriend! First two seasons are on Netflix. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • lmudralmudra member
    GoT
    OITNB
    House of Cards
    Fear The Walking Dead (I don't love it but it tides me over til fall)
    the new Making a Murderer type show on Netflix
    Hamdmaid's Tale
    plua any other network show that comes on and anything on Bravo and HGTV!!!!
  • @delujm0 Oh my gosh Dumbo.  I always sang Baby Mine to DS from the time he was a newborn.  He calls it "our song" and even now asks me to sing it when he is sick or sad.  Last summer I bought the movie thinking "oh he'll love this because a.) Disney and b.) it has "our" song.  Bad idea... I too forgot about the entire plot line of Dumbo being taken away from his mother and couldn't handle it.  

• Elyse1384 said:
    @delujm0 Oh my gosh Dumbo.  I always sang Baby Mine to DS from the time he was a newborn.  He calls it "our song" and even now asks me to sing it when he is sick or sad.  Last summer I bought the movie thinking "oh he'll love this because a.) Disney and b.) it has "our" song.  Bad idea... I too forgot about the entire plot line of Dumbo being taken away from his mother and couldn't handle it.  

That's dd and my song too. Dh and I both out of coincidence have been singing it to her since the night she was born. She also doesn't like the movie and I cry every time, even before ever having kids. I can't take it!! 
    But... have you all ever listened to the words to the storks song in the begining?? Seriously funny. I sing it to dh when I get baby fever. Lol 
  • @shmarpler I love love love Parenthood. 

We just finished 13 Reasons Why... I still don't know how I feel about it. I hope with all the controversy at least people are having conversations about suicide and bringing awareness.

My husband would kill me if I watched Game of Thrones without him. I like to record the late night shows and watch them. That's something I don't normally watch. We are also watching Prison Break and Genius right now.
    I binge watched HGTV yesterday... It just makes me feel poor lol. 
  • @lmudra I want so badly to love Fear TWD because it had SO much potential...I just can't get on board with it! That being said, I watch it anyway.

DH hates rewatching any TV series, so that's probably what I'll spend my nights doing! TWD, Sons of Anarchy...and I need to catch up on Housewives, OITNB, and Parenthood.
  • tmrussell said:
    @shmarpler I love love love Parenthood. 

We just finished 13 Reasons Why... I still don't know how I feel about it. I hope with all the controversy at least people are having conversations about suicide and bringing awareness.

My husband would kill me if I watched Game of Thrones without him. I like to record the late night shows and watch them. That's something I don't normally watch. We are also watching Prison Break and Genius right now.
    I binge watched HGTV yesterday... It just makes me feel poor lol. 
    We're watching 13 Reasons Why right now. I also have really mixed emotions as well. 
    Married 8/29/09
  • Since I'm on bedrest I've started Parenthood.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • delujm0delujm0 member
    @Elyse1384 @kylieslip24 I always sing Baby Mine to DD too!  And she loves elephants, she has a few stuffed ones, but I haven't watched Dumbo with her now that she's old enough to actually pay attention to a movie for short periods of time.  I don't think I can take it!  Basically she only watches Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Sesame Street, and Finding Nemo in 20-30 minute increments.  Dumbo is a pretty short movie though.  We're going to Disney in September, so I probably need to show her a few other movies before then, if she'll tolerate it.