Tuesday Ticker Change 5.23

mrsrep123mrsrep123 member
edited May 2017 in May 2017 Moms
How far along are you?

How big is baby?

Any appointments this week?

Symptoms?

Rants/Raves/Questions?

Progress made or plans for baby preparation?

GTKY: Are you remembering to make YOU time? If so, what do you do for you? 

-----or for postpartum-----

How many weeks old is baby?

Any medical appointments/updates for baby or mom this week

Questions, concerns, updates, etc. concerning feeding/weight gain?

Questions, concerns, updates, etc. concerning sleeping or other symptoms for both baby & mom?

Rants/raves/questions

GTKY: Are you remembering to make YOU time? If so, what do you do for you? 

DS1 7/24/15

DS2 5/7/17

Re: Tuesday Ticker Change 5.23

• I didn't see it started... so let's hear it Tuesday Tickers!

How many weeks old is baby? 2 weeks and 2 days

Any medical appointments/updates for baby or mom this week? Had his 2 week check up yesterday. Rowan had passed up his birth weight (Yaye!) and grew 2.5 inches! He's in the upper 90th percentile for height and head circumference, just like his big brother was/is.

Questions, concerns, updates, etc. concerning feeding/weight gain? Just pumping away. Got a small stash going on.  :p

Questions, concerns, updates, etc. concerning sleeping or other symptoms for both baby & mom? He's starting to have more "awake" time which is fun/exciting/exhausting. But now, starting tummy time other than just on my chest.

Rants/raves/questions? Wish we didn't have to rely on Daniel Tiger and Sesame Street so much for our toddler. We rotate with outside time, playroom, drawing/coloring, story time... he's 21 months old... But the TV is on waaaaay more than we are used to. I feel bad but don't know how else to get through the day.

GTKY: Are you remembering to make YOU time? If so, what do you do for you? I remember but don't have the luxury to really do what I want, which is a mani and pedi, facial, and eyebrow threading. But, for now, I make sure to get in a piece of dark chocolate to satisfy my sweet tooth and watch some of my shows when both DS's are napping or MH has DS1.

DS1 7/24/15

DS2 5/7/17

• How far along are you? 40 weeks today 

How big is baby? Very Large 

Any appointments this week? One today. Being induced Thursday morning so she has a day and a half to come on her own. 

Symptoms? Just tired, sore peeing the usual

Rants/Raves/Questions? The end is near! Kind of excited for her to have a birthday so close to Memorial Day. Means she will always have a long weekend to celebrate 

Progress made or plans for baby preparation? Two days :)

GTKY: Are you remembering to make YOU time? If so, what do you do for you? I don't do too much so I guess so 

@mrsrep123 congrats on Rowan gaining weight! 
  • Loading the player...
  • mrsrep123mrsrep123 member
    edited May 2017
    @swe2 FX she comes on her own.  <3 "how big is baby? Very large" LOL   :D

DS1 7/24/15

DS2 5/7/17

• How many weeks old is baby? 2 weeks today

Any medical appointments/updates for baby or mom this week? Not unless I make one to have her congestion checked out

Questions, concerns, updates, etc. concerning feeding/weight gain? We've been having some pretty EPIC spit-ups, and it makes me worry that I am feeding her too often/too long. This happened with DS too, and I got 'gun-shy' and would only feed him on one side each time. That was the beginning of my supply issues, so I hope we aren't about to start on that downward spiral this time around! 

Questions, concerns, updates, etc. concerning sleeping or other symptoms for both baby & mom? We're doing OK with sleep. She usually eats 3x/night and goes right back to sleep 2 of those times. The other time, she is bright eyed and bushy tailed and awake for about an hour and a half.  :|

Rants/raves/questions? RAVE: Our Church set up a meal calendar for us, and I cannot BELIEVE how much food we have received. I didn't think there would be much since we live about 40 minutes from Church (and most of the people who attend), but they have SHOWED UP in a big way. It's been a huge help, and it's so sweet to have their support. 

GTKY: Are you remembering to make YOU time? If so, what do you do for you? Does it count if I took the baby to Target while Dad pushed the big one around the neighborhood? 

@mrsrep123 - HOORAY for weight gain! That can be so stressful, and it's nice to not have to worry about it. Eyebrow threading - YEEE-OUCH! I've had it done once, and I'll take waxing ANY day! 

@SWE2 - It's so exciting to be that close to the end! Fx everything goes quickly Thursday (or before!). 
  • @mrsrep123  We are having an extra amount of tv time lately too. So much Sarah and Duck, Home, Storybots, or whatever is playing on PBS. Not ideal, but I tell myself it will be short lived and it will decrease back to normal. Hopefully that is true. 

@SWE2  So close!! She will be here soon :)

@emilyalso Louis is congested sounding too. The pedi thinks he has reflux and that it has to do with that. DS1 never had that so I have basically zero knowledge about it. 

How many weeks old is baby
    ? 2 weeks 3 days

Any medical appointments/updates for baby or mom this week? Had his 2 week check up yesterday and he was over birth weight!! Because of the weight gain issues I had with DS1 I am still very nervous though. 

Questions, concerns, updates, etc. concerning feeding/weight gain? I cannot confirm but I feel like I am suddenly not making as much milk. I think I need to drink more water and probably worry less. 

Questions, concerns, updates, etc. concerning sleeping or other symptoms for both baby & mom? Sleep is hard, but not as bad as I remember it with DS1. Also we are currently trying to get DS1 moved to a big boy bed because we are crazy. 

Rants/raves/questions

GTKY: Are you remembering to make YOU time? If so, what do you do for you? I think so. I shower every morning and do my hair and make up at some point during the day and have went out without kids with my mom for a couple hours. 
    Pregnancy TickerDS1 8/15
    DS2 5/17
    #3 Due 9/20
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @emilyalso Hooray for your Church and those meals! I feel like waxing and threading is the same pain wise, so I just go with the threading. 

@Louise_Belcher Yes, you two are crazy! :p  Big boy bed, now? Wow! More power to you. I'm hoping once we move into our new house, we'll transition DS1 then AND start potty training. 

DS1 7/24/15

DS2 5/7/17

• @mrsrep123 Oh man potty training! Can't I just wait and have his wife do that some day  :p How old will your DS1 be when you start? I have been trying to figure out a time line for that one. 
    Pregnancy TickerDS1 8/15
    DS2 5/17
    #3 Due 9/20
  • @Louise_Belcher DS1 just turned 22 months old today so he'll be at least 2 years old when we start potty training. He's been showing signs that he's ready, but EVERYONE said to wait until after DS2 was born because he may revert back. I'm hoping he just one day says no more diapers like he did with his bottles, lol. One can hope, right?

DS1 7/24/15

DS2 5/7/17

• @mrsrep123 yay for surpassing birth weight!! And a mani/pedi sounds so good right about now. 

@SWE2 you're so close! 

@emilyalso that's so awesome of the people in your church. Sounds like you'll be eating well for a while!

@Louise_Belcher I'm so glad you're seeing the weight gain! I hope the supply issue isn't a problem - I worry about this constantly.

How many weeks old is baby? 5 days old today

Any medical appointments/updates for baby or mom this week? We've been having daily visits from the midwives to monitor his bilirubin and we had an appointment with a breastfeeding Clinic yesterday to address some issues we were having.

Questions, concerns, updates, etc. concerning feeding/weight gain? We were doing great with feedings up until two nights ago and then all hell broke loose - he wouldn't maintain his latch and it was taking him hours to feed. We got into a breastfeeding Clinic yesterday and they snipped his tongue tie and I'm starting out each feed with a nipple shield now. Turns out my boobs have gotten so big my already flat-ish nipples were stretched out even more, hence the problem latching.

Questions, concerns, updates, etc. concerning sleeping or other symptoms for both baby & mom? No, he still won't sleep if he's put down but we are OK with that for now.

Rants/raves/questions? I'm just so happy my midwives come to my house. All I want to do is hang out at home in my pj's with my two favourite guys.

GTKY: Are you remembering to make YOU time? If so, what do you do for you? I'm trying, mostly by staying on top of personal hygiene. I just don't care right now to do anything else. 
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • @CherryBananas what a luxury to have the midwives come to your house! Hoping after correcting the tongue tie, you two will be on your way to happy and successful nursing sessions... and sleep! Good luck. 

DS1 7/24/15

DS2 5/7/17

• @CherryBananas that's such a awesome program that they come to your house! Hope your nursing goes better with the changes you made. 
  • @mrsrep123 Ah! We basically have the same ages (I apologize because I probably already knew this but my memory is currently garbage!) and I am totally dreaming that DS1 will just decide one day that he wants to use the potty. Although I believe a photo of him appears if you google stubborn, so not likely  :D
    Pregnancy TickerDS1 8/15
    DS2 5/17
    #3 Due 9/20
  • How far along are you? 39 weeks and 5 days

How big is baby? App says a pumpkin, but she's been measuring small, I'd estimate around 5-6lbs

Any appointments this week? Tomorrow morning, hoping for another membrane sweep to get going!

Symptoms? Minor cramping yesterday, pretty sure I lost the mucus plug, but we'll see. 

Rants/Raves/Questions? Rant - still pregnant/ Rave - at least by the time I go the weather will have cleared up

Progress made or plans for baby preparation? Everything is DONE, which is probably why she's still in there. 

GTKY: Are you remembering to make YOU time? If so, what do you do for you? Got a pedi/wax the other day, dyed my hair, once she comes out I'm going straight to the chiro and a masseuse! 

DS Born 1/12/13 - Molar Pregnancy 3/2014/D&C 3/2015 - EDD with Baby #2 May 26th, 2017

• @mrsrep123 @SWE2 yeah, the midwife program here is pretty awesome. I'm a FTM and I seriously don't know what I would have done if I had to drag this kid to a lab every day for the first week of his life to get blood drawn. They are also the ones that got me into the BF clinic, and someone is on call 24/7 if I have any serious concerns. They will take care of me and Graham for the first 8 weeks and then we get transfered to our family doctors.
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker