September 2017 Moms

Weekly Randoms 5/22

I didn't see a new Random thread, so I'll get one started. Give me your randomness. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
Baby number 2 due 4/11/20

Re: Weekly Randoms 5/22

• DH found this yesterday. I thought it might interest anyone else who had IF issues. I had heard rumors that the HSG made you more fertile for a few months. I didn't think it would work for me, but I had an HSG the cycle I conceived. I don't really understand why it works. 

https://theconversation.com/study-confirms-flushing-blocked-fallopian-tubes-can-improve-fertility-and-reduce-need-for-ivf-77627

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • Loading the player...
  • winerenwineren member
    @ColoradoHiker Those are both awesome things!!

@bridge-and-wall I've read that before and it's pretty interesting. I can kind of see how it makes sense. My OB wanted to do an HSG in November after 4 months of letrozole but I pushed it off until January so I could use flex money and he let me still use letrozole that next month...and I got pregnant. I had read a bunch about them though and it really did seem to be a common theme.
  • @wineren I was on Clomid too, so I'm sure that was a big factor in conception. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • @bridge-and-wall I had an HSG done after a year of infertility after a miscarriage. That was done in November. I was on Follistim injections starting right after Christmas, IUI procedure right after and found out in January that I was pregnant with twins. 

We determined we had MFI infertilty, so I don't think the HSG played any role in our conception. 

I do have a sister in law that had the HSG done and immediately conceived after two years of infertility. Who knows! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @cmar1006 My SIL conceived my nephew right after her HSG, too. They had been trying for a year and a half. It doesn't seem like it should work, but who knows?

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • @sarahufl Italy! I'm jealous! What cities did you guys visit? 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Rhubarb7216Rhubarb7216 member
    edited May 2017
    What are others thinking about swimsuits for the summer? Let the belly hang out in a bikini, or go more modest in a maternity tankini or one piece? I had originally thought I'd just let my belly hang out and wear the bikinis I have, but then I realized there's no way my pregnant boobs will fit in my existing bikinis, so I know I'm going to have to buy something. Just can't decide what...
  • @Rhubarb7216 I'm going with a bikini but I did have to get some larger tops at Target. 

To echo off of @ColoradoHiker, my skin does seem to be more sensitive to sunburns since becoming pregnant. I was sitting in the sun for maybe an hour and a half one morning and my legs actually burned pretty bad. Be sure to use a good sunblock and a big floppy hat to protect your skin!
  • Re: swimsuits. I'm going to do both, depending on where I am. If it's the beach with just the family or close friends I'm going to rock my bikini for as long as I can manage. If it's a water park or pool party with folks I'm not really close with, I'll pull out the tankini. I was handed down a few so I didn't have to go buy one. If I did have to buy one, I might have different thinking! 

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I'll be getting a tankini top but that's just my own personal preference. I think pregnant women should rock the bikini top if they're comfortable!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • I will probably get something that covers most of me. If I don't end up wearing a t-shirt and probably some of DHs trunks lol. I've got a really insane amount of stretch marks from my first pregnancy and I wouldn't wish that sight on anyone.
  • I bought 2 one-pieces from Target's Liz Lange maternity line. One I found in the store on the clearance rack for $15 and then I ordered a second bandeau suit online for $35. They're both cute! And I'm way more comfortable with the extra coverage. 

This is the one I got online, in gray.

https://www.target.com/p/maternity-wrap-bandeau-one-piece-d-dd-liz-lange-for-target/-/A-51676546?lnk=rec|adaptpdph1|related_prods_vv|adaptpdph1|51676546|0

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I got a couple maternity bathing suit tops from Old Navy my last pregnancy and just wear them with regular bottoms. I don't think my boobs will fit into my old tops and nobody needs to see that.
  • Sugargirl1019Sugargirl1019 member
    edited May 2017
    Swimsuits: I still fit in my bikini top, but it's the bottoms that I'm a sausage in now. My hips/thighs look huge and my butt hangs out the back. I also lost my curves at my natural waist and now I just feel huge from the boobs down. I'm like COME BACK! I want to look similar to my previous self, just with a belly! The belly is hard to adjust to.
    That being said, I would wear a tankini if I was around anyone other than my husband. I do not want to subject my father or brother to these body changes......

Me: 27 years old            DH: 27 years old
    Type 1 Diabetes since 2001, MTHFR hetero A1298T
    Dogs: Raider 4 yrs, Dex 4 yrs
    Married in July 2014
    TTC #1 since late Feb 2016
    BFP #1 3/29/16     MMC: 5/5/16
    BFP #2 7/6/16    SCH, D&C 8/4/16
    BFP #3 12/26/16     EDD: 9/6/17
    My Chart / My Diabetes/Pregnancy Blog
    My Type 1/TTC/Pregnancy Podcast: 
    Juicebox Podcast Episode 118
    A1Cs:
    1/12/16 6.7%
    5/25/16 6.0%
    11/2/16 6.1%
    3/22/16 5.8%
    4/27/17 5.4%
    6/13/17 5.3%

"Sugar Fancy Tutu"
  • I think I might officially hate traveling. Maybe it's just because 90% of the time we are going somewhere to see family? But I'm not sure I'm ready to test that theory by going somewhere new. And I think I'm 4/5 for getting sick on trips in the last year. There are so many places I'd love to visit, but it might have to wait until I can teleport. 
  • @Carebella going on vacation and getting sick is horrible. We just went to Portland and I spent more than half the trip ill. Home now and still horribly sick.
  • lilpootslilpoots member
    edited May 2017
    @MrsVP614 That's wonderful your mom is so understanding. Sounds like healthy boundaries and good support. Good kick with MIL. 

Eta: luck, not kick.
  • @MrsVP614 DH tried to do that to me last night. He wanted to take the fries off my plate. You don't mess with the pregnant woman's food. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • I definitely don't want anyone in the waiting room and don't want any visitors for at least a couple of hours after birth. We need our time together as a family! Plenty of time for other people to visit later.
  • I don't even want visitors at the hospital. The grandparents... okay... my sister... okay...... but aunt's uncles cousins NO.

DH's cousin gave birth last year and MIL said "okay, we're all going to visit her now!!" And I was like @$#£+×=&'??? Does she even know we're coming? Want us to come?

I felt so bad going. She was clearly uncomfortable recovering from a c section and it was the next freaking day. I was so against it. But I was a "terrible person " for not wanting to go visit family.

Me: 27 years old            DH: 27 years old
    Type 1 Diabetes since 2001, MTHFR hetero A1298T
    Dogs: Raider 4 yrs, Dex 4 yrs
    Married in July 2014
    TTC #1 since late Feb 2016
    BFP #1 3/29/16     MMC: 5/5/16
    BFP #2 7/6/16    SCH, D&C 8/4/16
    BFP #3 12/26/16     EDD: 9/6/17
    My Chart / My Diabetes/Pregnancy Blog
    My Type 1/TTC/Pregnancy Podcast: 
    Juicebox Podcast Episode 118
    A1Cs:
    1/12/16 6.7%
    5/25/16 6.0%
    11/2/16 6.1%
    3/22/16 5.8%
    4/27/17 5.4%
    6/13/17 5.3%

"Sugar Fancy Tutu"
  • Yeah, no visitors in the delivery room at all. I am ok with people stopping by the hospital, but I can't fathom why anyone would stay for longer than 30-45 min. Do not camp out all day.
  • Nooooooo! After working hard for over a year to avoid mosquito bites, I have my first mosquito bite in 2 years. Ever since zika started to be a concern I have pretty much avoided being outside for any length of time or worn bug repellant if I knew I'd have to be. I'm a mosquito magnet who lives in the south. There hasn't been any zika reported in my state that didn't come from travel, but it still irritates me.