October 2017 Moms

Expecting Multiple Check In (5/23)

I figured those of us with more than one bun in the oven hasn't checked in in awhile. I hope you all are doing well!

1. How many are you expecting?

2. What kind are they (fraternal/identical)? 

3. Do you know what you are having? If not, when do you find out?

4. You're biggest fear right now carrying and/or raising multiples. Any questions you have?

5.  GTKY: If you could go back to any time period in your life, when would it be? (college? High school? Summer camp? Etc...)

Re: Expecting Multiple Check In (5/23)

• Loading the player...
  • curlyq423curlyq423 member
    edited May 2017
    @TallMomma29 I'm glad my fear isn't completely irrational. I'm only 5'3'', so I'm worried about preterm labor or bed rest. When people found out we were having twins, I was getting SO tired of hearing things like "how are you going to carry them?!" Or "you will definitely be on bed rest". It got old and definitely got in my head. After awhile I just wanted to hear more uplifting or encouraging things. 
  • Ugh @curlyq423 that would be so frustrating!  Everyone needs to shut up unless they want to say "congratulations!" or "that's so exciting!" 

Whenever we tell people I'm pregnant with twins (with our current two present) they almost always looked shocked/disgusted and say something like "omg I'm sorry! ... I mean... congratulations!"   Thaaaaaaaanks! 

• @TallMomma29 I think a lot of people don't know how to react or what to say when they find out people are expecting twins, I just wish they would think a little more before saying things. 
  • 1. 2
    2. Fraternal 
    3. At our 15 week scan, the doc said 70% sure one is a girl and 90% sure the other is a boy. I have a scan next Thursday to confirm or deny that prediction. 
    4. Something going wrong whether before or after birth. I just hope they are healthy.
    5. I'd go back to when I met my husband and spend more time together since life now is pretty chaotic with kids and work.
  • ghetigheti member
    1. 2!
    2. Identical!
    3 #teamgreen We already have a boy who will be just over 2 when they are born. We figure why not! 
    4. Oh goodness. What am I not worried about. TTTS for one (which means more scans of the babies), something bad happening (I am an L&D RN so sometimes I know to much), and how they heck I am gonna handle 2 newborns and a my crazy toddler!
    5. I would go back to college days. Man, that was fun! I would just start dating my hubby sooner!
  • @gheti wow on being Team Green!  We were planning to be Team Green with #3 but threw that out of the window when 3 turned out to be 3 and 4!   That will be one extra exciting delivery for you!!

• ghetigheti member
    @TallMomma29 We decided before we found out it was twins that we weren't going find out. Then twins! And we decided that since everything is already gender neutral from our first we could do it. It is driving the grandmas crazy though lol