July 2017 Moms

FTM Check In 5/23

Hey first time mamas!

How far along are you?

Any new symptoms or changes since last check in?

Any appointments since last check in? How did it go? 

Rants/raves? 

Questions for FTM, or STM+? 

GTKY: If you had to choose to give up either burgers, tacos, or pizza for the rest of your life, which would you choose?
Me: 31 DH: 31
  <3 DS born 6/2017, became a heart angel 8/2018 <3
CP 3/2019

Re: FTM Check In 5/23

• How far along are you?
    30+5

Baby turned so breathing has improved

OB appointment tomorrow

Rants/raves? 
    I hate when my mother will disregard my frustration over something and blame it on hormones, it drives me crazy. 

How long can pumped milk stay in a cooler? I'm wondering if I need to buy a mini fridge for work. 

GTKY: If you had to choose to give up either burgers, tacos, or pizza for the rest of your life, which would you choose?
    I'd probably give up burgers. Nothing beats a good slice of pizza or taco. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • How far along are you? 31+1

Any new symptoms or changes since last check in? I think baby is more transverse now?  I've been feeling a lot of movements in my lower right side and on my far left side, kind of near my hip bone.  At my scan last Friday, the baby's head was down and butt was up on my left side.  I'd love to know what he/she is thinking in there lol.

Any appointments since last check in? How did it go? Had a growth scan last Friday that didn't give me good news.  Baby is measuring around 1.5 lbs.  I have a BPP this afternoon that I am kind of panicking about, so I asked DH to come with me.

Rants/raves? I got my Dad tickets to a baseball game for his birthday.  The game is this Friday, and the weather is looking horrible - 50s with a 70% chance of rain.  Yuck :s

Questions for FTM, or STM+? Have you guys found a pediatrician yet?  If so, did you interview several?

GTKY: If you had to choose to give up either burgers, tacos, or pizza for the rest of your life, which would you choose? I'd probably give up burgers, which makes me a sad panda :'(

@jkbrownstein UGH that sounds frustrating with your mother.  Like, just because I'm pregnant, that invalidates all my feelings?  On the milk question, the La Leche League website has some good info on breast milk storage guidelines: https://www.llli.org/faq/milkstorage.html
    It says that you can keep milk in a cooler for up to 24 hours, so you should be good doing that at work.
    Me: 31 DH: 31
      <3 DS born 6/2017, became a heart angel 8/2018 <3
    CP 3/2019
  • Loading the player...
  • HI!

How far along are you? 
    33+6

Any new symptoms or changes since last check in? Same crap, new week haha

Any appointments since last check in? How did it go? Had a regular appointment Thursday. Uneventful. All looks good. 

Rants/raves? DH scheduled me a prenatal massage for this past Saturday. It was glorious. 

Questions for FTM, or STM+? When did you do things like install your car seat or pack your hospital bag? 

GTKY: If you had to choose to give up either burgers, tacos, or pizza for the rest of your life, which would you choose? I would definitely give up burgers. Tacos and Pizza are LIFE. 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • BusyZeeBusyZee member
    Aloha!

How far along are you?
    31 + 2 
    I feel tightening of belly sometimes and pressure down there (not much) 

Nope! Next one is next Tuesday... I need to get waxed before that one lol 
    Rants/raves? 
    Rants : Sooo my MILs house is getting foreclosed (go figure) and so she needs my husband to come every weekend and sometimes during the week to empty out her house. I need my husband right now, I need him for fifty things and for support in general. When he goes there she hasn't even thrown away empty oil containers and glass jars! Her hoarding is disgusting and insane! And it's wasting my valuable time. 

What do you think about the reste sleep of safe t sleep? 

hmmmm I've had a new obsession with burgers this pregnancy ....but still, I think I would give up burgers (I could make a sandwich instead?..!) 
  • How far along are you?  30+3

Any new symptoms or changes since last check in? echoing @rae1-3, same shit, different day.

Any appointments since last check in? How did it go?  Check up tonight.  

Rants/raves?  I'm just so sick of work.  I wish I could take my mat leave starting now.  We're not planning on me coming back to work so counting down the days until baby coming/work ending is excruciating.

GTKY: If you had to choose to give up either burgers, tacos, or pizza for the rest of your life, which would you choose?  As much as I love it, probably pizza.  We have burgers or tacos nearly every week.  DH could probably live on pizza and burgers...but 9/10 times if we're going to grab something, it's burgers or tacos.

@BusyZee That sucks about your MIL.  It's nice that he's helping her, but I agree with you; he really should be at home helping you.  MIL is an adult and should be dealing with her mess.

@rae1-3 Massages are wonderful.  I have another scheduled in a month.  Did you get a pedicure before your shower last weekend?

@SpongeWorthy Thinking of you and good outcomes on your BPP. 
    ME: 34 | DH: 36
    Married: 6/2016
    TTC:6/2016
    BFP: 11/22/2016 | EDD: 7/29/2017

• How far along are you? 33w3d

Any new symptoms or changes since last check in? Heartburn. I want to cry.

Any appointments since last check in? How did it go? Nope, but I did hear back from my doctor regarding my growth scan last week. Baby girl is just a big baby. Thanks, DH, for those giant genes. I get to have another ultrasound at 37 weeks to estimate her size at birth.

Rants/raves? My baby shower on Saturday was perfect. :)

GTKY: If you had to choose to give up either burgers, tacos, or pizza for the rest of your life, which would you choose? I'd give up pizza. No way will I give up burgers and tacos. Tacos are LIFE!
    Married: 10/13/2013
    TTC #1: Mirena removed 5/26/2015; DH - normal SA, me - diagnosed with PCOS 8/4/2016 - on Metformin; BFP - 10/29/2016!!!, EDD - 7/8/2017; DD born 6/29/2017
  • @rae1-3 - My car seat installation is "dictated" by my H...there's a car seat installation inspection by certified police/fire official in the county I live in this weekend and there isn't another one until July. So end of May it is! (And my H has had this on the calendar since March...)
    Married: 10/13/2013
    TTC #1: Mirena removed 5/26/2015; DH - normal SA, me - diagnosed with PCOS 8/4/2016 - on Metformin; BFP - 10/29/2016!!!, EDD - 7/8/2017; DD born 6/29/2017
  • @rae1-3 I had mine installed by 37 weeks. So I'll do it in 3 more weeks, but I know my eviction date so I technically don't have to do it until the following week but just in case. Something else for thought, my hospital checked to make sure my carseat was installed properly. However when I moved to Texas I called all fire departments, police/sheriff, and both hospitals to do a carseat *check* bc it was when I flipped DS and NONE of them could do it. The guy who was at the fire station left and they didn't have anyone else to do and still don't. 
  • @SpongeWorthy  We're going to a pediatrician open house next week. We were originally going to interview a few at different offices, but this office said all the right things in their welcome packet, my friends like them, and my OB suggested them. And I'm tired and want to get this checked off my list. So unless there are any glaring red flags at the open house, we'll probably just go with them. 

How far along are you?
    30+3

My feet were a little swollen in the evening last week. Awesome. 

Nope- I have one on Thursday

Rants/raves? 
    I'm tired and may stay tired for the next 18 years. Sigh. 

Burgers. They can be great but I didn't eat red meat for several years and somehow I survived. It would be too sad to give up pizza or tacos. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @SpongeWorthy I was going to interview a bunch, but I found a group in my area that has everything I wanted and resources that no one else would (like a lactation consultant ON STAFF) I went to their open house last week, and loved it, so now I just have to pick my specific doctor and I'm done. I'll be doing that very soon (probably the end of the week) because I have to get a release form signed for my birth center to birth out of hospital. 

@rae1-3  The car seat is getting installed soon, I'm trying to find a safety check event or a weekend that is free. Probably will do it the weekend of June 4th if not before. Our hospital bags are already starting to be packed, but I probably won't finish packing them until right before we leave because some things (phone chargers) can't go in until the last minute because we use them. 

How far along are you? 33 weeks! I can't even believe it as I type it 

Any new symptoms or changes since last check in? Having a serious problem eating. I'm starving, but I get three bites in, and I'm uncomfortably full. So then I try to finish my meal, but I end up with indigestion. And then I end up starving again. 

Any appointments since last check in? How did it go? Not this week, my next appointment is next week. 

Rants/raves? I'm just perpetually uncomfortable at this point. 

GTKY: If you had to choose to give up either burgers, tacos, or pizza for the rest of your life, which would you choose? I guess it has to be tacos, but this is just cruel. 

Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
    Started dating: July 1st, 2013
    Engaged: July 1st, 2014
    Married: July 1st, 2016
    R born: July 8th, 2017
    N born: June 30th, 2019
    Baby #3 Due: July 7th, 2022
    (maybe I only ovulate in October XD)
  • How far along are you?
    31w2d
    Waking up even more in the middle of the night, making me more tired during the day. And I keep slowing down (in terms of my walking pace).
    I had an appointment yesterday, things still look good.
    Rants/raves? 
    We're spending a night in a hotel this weekend for a concern in another city. I pricelined a hotel, not knowing which one it would be. Once we booked it, I realized it was a REALLY fancy hotel, and now I'm even more excited.

Well, I'm allergic to spices that are generally used in tacos, so I haven't had one that wasn't prepared at home in almost five years!
  • How far along are you? 34w2d

Any new symptoms or changes since last check in? Nope, just more of all the same discomforts

Any appointments since last check in? How did it go? None

Rants/raves? 

GTKY: If you had to choose to give up either burgers, tacos, or pizza for the rest of your life, which would you choose? This is a hard question! All three are go-tos for me and H when we don't know what to get for dinner. I guess I would go with tacos, but by a narrow margin

@spongeworthy Calling pediatrician's offices to talk or set up meet and greets is on my to-do list for this week.  There's one group that I like best based on their website, but they are slightly farther away than a few other offices so we'll probably check out a few before deciding. 

@rae1-3 we haven't installed our car seat yet.  H's parents bought it for us as a gift but I think they're waiting for the shower to give it us. I still have no idea when it's going to be, but I think it's supposed to happen in the beginning of June sometime. We'll probably install it soon after since by then I'll be around 36 weeks. As far as the hospital bag, the nurse at my childbirthing class recommended having it ready by 37/38 weeks since by then labor could technically happen at any time. 
    TTC history in spoiler
    Me: 31 Him: 37
    Married: Oct 2015
    Baby G born June 2017
    TTC#2: July 2018
    BFP #2: 2/6/19 MC 3/14/19
    BFP#3 from IUI #2: 6/30/20 EDD 3/9/21

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• How far along are you? 33+1

Any new symptoms or changes since last check in? Nothing crazy. A little more pee. My hips hurt when I sleep. 

Any appointments since last check in? How did it go? I can't remember when the last check in was. I had one last week that went fine. My next one is next Wednesday. 

Rants/raves? I'm exhausted. I was up Sunday until after 12 and then laid awake from 2:30-5:30. I slept much better last night but still don't feel caught up. 

Questions for FTM, or STM+? Mmm not now

GTKY: If you had to choose to give up either burgers, tacos, or pizza for the rest of your life, which would you choose? This is mean. I guess tacos bc although I love them, I eat pizza and burgers more. 
  • RubyRedPirateRubyRedPirate member
    edited May 2017
    How far along are you? 32+3

Any new symptoms or changes since last check in? In the last week heartburn has been awful. I have to take a zantac before bed or I will wake up feeling like im choking on lava. 

Any appointments since last check in? How did it go? Had an appointment today. So far my weight gain has been minimal and good blood pressure. Baby's kidneys have been measuring large the last few visit and today one of them is normal! Hoping the other one goes down. Will recheck in 3 weeks. Also had my hospital visit today, which was AMAZING

Rants/raves?  Filing for maternity leave has been a nightmare. I've been the first person pregnant since the clinic opened 3 years ago so no one knows how to handle it or who Im supposed to go to for paperwork and such. 

Questions for FTM, or STM+? Surprisingly none right now. 

GTKY: If you had to choose to give up either burgers, tacos, or pizza for the rest of your life, which would you choose? Pizza, hands down!!! Taco's are life
    ME: 28 DH: 27
    Started Dating: 10/20/2006
     Married: 10/20/2013
    MMC @ 8w 12/15
    MC @ 5w 03/16
    ALEXANDER JAMES DUE JULY 15th!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @rae1-3, we did our carseat this past weekend. The fire dept does a clinic and they taught us how to put baby inside and important things. I feel like it was super helpful and now if we needed to take the carseat out and put it back in, we would be ok (but the goal is not to).   Our county does 3 of these a month and I had to get on the list 3 weeks early....so even if you're not ready, getting on the li@SpongeWorthy

@SpongeWorthy  I am in DC and all our peds have you go to a special night.....with other expectant parents. We went to two and picked one of the two. My sister had told me to pick one with a lactation person at it in case I had trouble and that one was bigger which helped.

@BusyZee --that stinks.   So with painting and moving and stuff, I have so needed my husband around now and wanted him around.  I understand.  My husband is helping my inlaws this weekend and they said they're excited to see him regadless of the task and its status, and I sat here thinking, yes but the reason he is coming is ......so......please make sure he can do that, because my husband truly wants to be here for baby. He has one of my friends on call this weekend in case the baby comes. The friend is in finals, so its hilarious because if I need anything I call her husband and someone will come.

How far along are you? 32 + 2

Any new symptoms or changes since last check in? Baby is kicking a lot. I have thrown up a few times and this weekend had one day that felt like first tri...I was just so yuk.

Any appointments since last check in? How did it go? So it went well, it was like 15 minutes, but they said I needed to get my 36 week sono when I came in 2 weeks--at 34 weeks.....it was so confusing. Dealing with all the docs was kind of a handful. I asked my main doc, and she deferred me to the doc I saw who said, well I assume you'd maybe come late (like 3 wks later to your "come in 2 weeks appt")...ugh. I feel like the appointments are pretty quick and fast right now...which is good, but weird--almost like, what are they seeing?  Anyone else??  I have been rotating docs and then I feel like sometimes a doctor says something indicating she hasn't seen you for a long time---I am stopping the rotating the practice suggests after the next appointment because its annoying to be between people. But the practice has like 3 men and I have not met one yet-- which is weird. I am convinced the men must not deliver babies and do other ob-ish stuff.

Rants/raves? Everyone keeps asking what we look forward to most as parents. I feel weird we haven't paused yet, but we bought a house, moved in (still working on that) and some renovations, and then my inlaws are moving in. Whew.  Is anyone else having these deep questions, where they sit there are are like....well...maybe once we get......everything ready, we can think about that.

Questions for FTM, or STM+? 2 questions:
    1) I feel like some people expect or assume I will do things how they did it or how _____ (insert name of relative) did.  I don't have a lot of musts or weird rules (for example I belive any diaper cream is fine), but I do feel strongly about a couple things---like some people want us to do special baby wipes or make our own or the brand they used, and I truly feel the kid can have normal baby wipes and normal brand diapers (sorry if you want something more special)--and I don't think the kid will perish because of a normal diaper or if we use a pampers wipe. I guess I am wondering how to make sure or say thanks, I will use these ___________(insert very organic items) and we also plan on baby using......   Sometimes it's people very close to us who wil be very engaged in care, so I wanted to be really respectful but also share I do have a few ways I plan to do things. Anyone else going through this? Like I may not start pumping the same day your ______ did or week.
    2) We have a question that came up for a pediatrician....we don't need to know yet, but I am curious about the answer. Is it weird to ask the peds office we have picked their opinion on it?  I found lots of baby website posst about it, but I kind of want to know what our doc will suggest.

GTKY: If you had to choose to give up either burgers, tacos, or pizza for the rest of your life, which would you choose?  So I feel like tacos were my food I could order anywhre this pregnancy and it'd be ok....(because you know what is in a taco and can see)---and one of my first words was cookie (its seriously in my medical chart I complained for cookies at 2am one night at the ER)...and I am convinced next was pizza, so it's have to be burgers. And burgers are my secret way to make sure I get iron and all those vitamins, so as long as you could have beef tacos! :)  We just got a new oven----they hauled away the old one (old=a vintage piece built when I was 4) and until we get repairs---the new one is sitting in the kitchen disconnected....so maybe I should be thinking of what I can actually cook on my foreman or microwave though :/
  • For those of you who loved burgers, I saw this on a newsletter I am on today:
    https://www.thrillist.com/eat/nation/best-burgers-in-america-burger-quest