July 2017 Moms

Symptoms 5/21

Re: Symptoms 5/21

• Seriously, I have to buy new pants. 
  • My back has been killing me lately! I can barely get through work, and even a short car ride is torture. Thank goodness for heating pads!!! 
  • Loading the player...
  • @virginiaunicorn11 that has to be the best heartburn remedy ever! Sure beats tums with the horrible aftertaste I've been getting.
    TTC history in spoiler
    Me: 31 Him: 37
    Married: Oct 2015
    Baby G born June 2017
    TTC#2: July 2018
    BFP #2: 2/6/19 MC 3/14/19
    BFP#3 from IUI #2: 6/30/20 EDD 3/9/21

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• I ripped the crotch of the last pair of maternity pants I own. Skirts, dresses, or shorts from here on out - too cheap to buy anything else at this point!
    Stretchy pants= lyfe. 

I can't wear workout leggings anymore and all of my sweatpants won't go around, under, or over my belly. This won't work for me.
  • acid reflux has been horrible in the middle of the night. I wake up feeling like Im drowning in lava. I've started to take a zantac before I head to bed every night. 
    ME: 28 DH: 27
    Started Dating: 10/20/2006
     Married: 10/20/2013
    MMC @ 8w 12/15
    MC @ 5w 03/16
    ALEXANDER JAMES DUE JULY 15th!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • rnw2019rnw2019 member
    I think about that MG line pretty much any time I remotely contemplate wearing pants. I have a pair of loose leggings I can wear around the house, but in public it's basically dresses and that's it. Also I keep growing out of all my underwear  :'( I've bought new sets twice now. 

I've started sleeping on stacks of pillows to help with the heartburn! Pretty soon I'll just have to sleep sitting up. That and almond milk after like every meal. Dairy triggers mine for some reason--not cool. 

• Heartburn alternating with RLP and dizziness when in certain positions.  Just when one symptom subsides another pops up to take its place! I'm counting down already!!
  • I take Gaviscon at least twice a day for heartburn - have been for at least a month. Seriously, ladies, try Ben & Jerry! I was able to roll over without burning pain, and everything! 
  • Most of my (maternity) pants are still fitting but pretty much every top I have is too short.  I don't know if I managed to shrink them all, but none of them are making it down to my pants and my stomach is now hanging out of the bottom.  Stretchy dresses for me at this point I think...
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Last night was the first night I had the thought, "I need this baby out."  I still have many weeks to go, but I was miserable last night.   :s

Me: 26  Him: 27
    Dating: 5/2011 Married: 6/2014

Mirena out/TTC: 02/2016

BFP #1: 12/01/2016

EDD: 07/24/2017

Pregnancy Ticker
  • maribeth0721maribeth0721 member
    edited May 2017
    I'm with you. I tried on a pair of my maternity jeans that I had bought in really early pregnancy and I couldn't get them over my hips. I feel like I just keep getting wider. And I don't understand why. I eat well, I exercise 4x/week. It's like everything on my body just expanded. I hate it. I also started getting heartburn in the last week. That's been a joy. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • mamadcbmamadcb member
    Last pregnancy I tried to make do with Tums for way too long and was very uncomfortable with heartburn. I finally started taking Zantac (with OB approval, obviously), first once per day and ultimately twice. I started the Zantac much earlier this time but I do still wait to need it rather than taking it preventatively. 

@virginiaunicorn11 Only half the pint?? :)
  • @rjoys8 I also just bought new underwear for the second time this weekend! Nothing makes you feel worse than literally not being able to put your own underwear on :(
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @maribeth0721 I just don't wear any. It solves that problem, haha. 
  • CPR79CPR79 member
    What underwear do you ladies suggest? I've been making due with my regular hipster cut and just keeping them under my belly but they're starting to roll down even in the back which is no good. Anyone just go up a size in regular kinda or are maternity cuts a must near the end?
  • rnw2019rnw2019 member
    @maribeth0721 or squeezing into it anyway and being epically uncomfortable all day. 

@CPR79 I don't know if maternity cuts are a must, but it felt so good the first time I put mine on. I got this kind:  https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01GCA3MOM
    The sizing is a bit depressing though. 

• @mamadcb sadly, I had to share with DH, womp womp 
  • BusyZeeBusyZee member
    edited May 2017
    @rjoys8 we have the same undies! Love them!!!' They don't look too bad either!

ladies ladies, lemonaide, lemon water first thing in the morning and digestive enzymes ?!?! The only time I had slight heart burn was the day I skipped out. Also, I'm eating like CRAZY! 

Pure Vegan Digestive Enzyme Complex Vegetarian Capsules, 90 Count https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0014BA0QS/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apip_JHthnrrJxwfOO
  • @maybeitsmadeline
    I'm right there with you, I need this baby out. I still have 7 weeks to go, but the discomfort is getting worse every week. 

My ribs started hurting recently. I imagine this is because they're getting crushed by my uterus and getting ninja kicked by my boy. I'm afraid I'm going to break a rib when I sneeze!
  • @Dovahkiin_99 yes! the rib pain is crazy. For the past few weeks I have had pain in my ribs/sides when I sneeze, which is all the time thanks to allergies. No fun at all!
    TTC history in spoiler
    Baby G born June 2017

• Yup, the rib kicking is not comfy. Baby switched positions and is now kicking my ribs. I can also barely bend over. Putting on my shoes has become quite a struggle, haha. 
  • Not only do I have to pee every hour, but this baby is sitting so low I feel the urge to pee every minute. 
  • According to What to Expect, rib pain isn't necessarily kicking. It could be your ligaments loosening up and literally moving your ribs to make room for other stuff. I know, it's not super helpful, pain is pain, but I thought it was interesting. The right side of my rib cage is making itself very well know today. Ouch!
  • rnw2019rnw2019 member
    Same on the peeing. I feel like by the time I'm done washing my hands after using the bathroom, I already have the urge to pee again. 
  • My maternity jeans are starting to get tight around my thighs...so I've resorted to dresses and leggings. Many of my t-shirts are much too short and too tight now. My belly hangs out. 

Insomnia has has been crazy! Last night I had a hard time falling asleep, but I'm sure I fell asleep around 12:30 am. I woke up at 3:30 with the strongest urge to go to the bathroom (it was also blazing hot in the room and we left the tv on) and I couldn't go back to sleep! And then every 20-30 minutes baby would kick me and I'd have to go to the bathroom again! I didn't fall back to sleep until DH put some blankets over me and put his arm around me at about 6:15 am. Then my alarm went off at 6:45 to wake up and get DSS ready for school...

Definitely tired.
  • +1 for peeing constantly. I sit to pee, stand up and then have to pee again. Also if I pee while she's moving around sometimes she'll sit somewhere and it will stop my pee and then she'll move again and I'll start peeing again..oh wait does that not happen with everyone...
  • @cielaw89 I resorted to wearing DH's t-shirts two weeks ago bc even my biggest ones were to short.
  • @mrsla0512 I use his shirts for sleeping because all of my shirts I would use as pjs are way too tight and uncomfortable. I also have taken some of his basketball shorts for myself lol
  • @cielaw89 The insomnia has been killing me too! I finally caved and took unisom last night and actually slept for five hours straight before having to wake up to pee. And bonus, I fell asleep quickly after returning from the bathroom. It's the best sleep I've had in a long while.
    TTC history in spoiler
    Baby G born June 2017

• I complained of rib pain to my chiropractor, so she made some adjustments and it went away. She said its usually aggravated by lifting something while twisting. 
    Same with some numbness in my arms... I needed some adjustment.
    I swear I'm not a crazy chiropractic person, I hadn't been in years before 20 weeks pregnant, but there is help out there for many physical pregnancy ailments!

As for pants and underwear not fitting anymore, I think that's a pretty normal symptom of being 8-9 months pregnant!!  :D The ones that are working for me are fruit of the loom microfiber bikinis.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Highly monitored internet and no cell service in the office, so I'm postin' and ghostin' while I'm workin' 
  • @manillabar - the unisom is a godsend! I still wake 2-3 times a night to pee, but fall right back to sleep afterwards!

I'm so scared of stopping but know I need to when/before babe is here. 
    married 7.18.12   DS1 4.29.13   EDD 11.23.14

my happy boy

• @mslynn2012 it really is! The difference between last night and the past few weeks for me was ridiculous! I kinda want to (aka I just might) just keep using it until the baby comes...
    TTC history in spoiler
    Baby G born June 2017

• @GlitterFish I'm glad you've gotten good chiropractic care! I don't proselytize chiropractic care, but it's been a lifesaver for me, too. My rib pain last pregnancy was borderline unbearable, and it's non-existent this time. My back pain from scoliosis eases during pregnancy thanks to relaxin, so I didn't think I needed chiropractic care last time. I wish I could go back in time and tell myself how wrong that was!
    My hands were tingly last trimester, and she fixed that for me, too.
    I think if I didn't go to a chiro regularly before pregnancy I would be skeptical, but I've been seeing one every 2-6 weeks off and on for 10-15 years. They're wonderful.

I wanted to get DS adjusted as a newborn but DH refused. 

• @AdaByron I felt like that on Sunday. Almost put my hand down there to keep him in a couple times. 

Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
    Started dating: July 1st, 2013
    Engaged: July 1st, 2014
    Married: July 1st, 2016
    R born: July 8th, 2017
    N born: June 30th, 2019
    Baby #3 Due: July 7th, 2022
    (maybe I only ovulate in October XD)
  • mrsla0512mrsla0512 member
    edited May 2017
    kerils said:
    @AdaByron I felt like that on Sunday. Almost put my hand down there to keep him in a couple times. 

Duct tape would probably work better 
  • kat0607kat0607 member
    +1 on maternity clothes getting tight. I've also attempted to make the switch from jeans to leggings and skirts because I just cannot sit at a desk in jeans all day anymore. 
    Also ive been wearing DH's boxers as loungewear for the last several weeks because none of my pajama pants or shorts fit.

Ive made it this far without any hip pain but now at night my hips and knees ache if I'm not rolling and switching positions enough.