2nd Trimester
Options

Anterior placenta anxiousness

This whole anterior placenta is new to me, I understand that every pregnancy is different and every baby is different, but around how many weeks are mom with anterior placenta feeling their baby's first movements.

I had a c-section with my first and I am wanting to attempt a vbac this time, this AP is giving me a whole new level of worry. I fear my placenta growing into my scar (happened with an aunt of mine). Any success stories will be of great reassurance and boost.

Re: Anterior placenta anxiousness

• Options
    purpleye said:
    This whole anterior placenta is new to me, I understand that every pregnancy is different and every baby is different, but around how many weeks are mom with anterior placenta feeling their baby's first movements.

I had a c-section with my first and I am wanting to attempt a vbac this time, this AP is giving me a whole new level of worry. I fear my placenta growing into my scar (happened with an aunt of mine). Any success stories will be of great reassurance and boost.
    I have had anterior placentas with both of my pregnancies. There should be nothing to worry about or to cause complications (perhaps in rare cases, but I honestly haven't heard of those, unless your placenta is very low, in which case your OB would be monitoring it). 
    I have felt movement at 14 weeks both times, but that is pretty rare for an anterior placenta. Most don't feel movement until 20 weeks or even quite a bit later. 
    If you truly are worried, talk to your OB about your concerns! 
  • Options
    I just found out that I have an anterior placenta the midwife explained she didn't expect me to feel baby till after 20 weeks and later when we were going through info pack she gave us one was about movement and about changes in movement from what is normal for that baby and she mentioned then that I probably won't feel anything till around 23 weeks and may feel less in general because of the placenta .
    Currently 13 so just got to wait and see . This is also my first and so maybe why I shouldn't expect movement till later 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had an anterior placenta with my first, and a
    posterior with this one. I have definitely noticed more movement this time round - that being said i still started feeling movement at 18w with the first, so not too far from the norm! I did have alot of quiet patches, but no complications due to the placement. 
  • Options
    lilpootslilpoots member
    edited May 2017
    @purpleye I have an anterior placenta this time and it is not attached to my c section scar. Did they mention your placenta being low lying? If you have a low transverse scar and you don't have low lying placenta, then it is unlikely it has attached to your scar. Best of luck to you.

ETA: some moms don't feel movement until 24 weeks.
  • Options
    bb89012bb89012 member
    I had one with my last pregnancy and didn't feel anything until 23 weeks. I MAY have one this time around too, but so far ultrasounds have been too early to really tell yet. Hoping if I do again, that I feel baby sooner especially being my second pregnancy.