TTC After a Loss

Hate to be back here... TW-loss mentioned

TW----loss mentioned

Ladies, this sucks.  I am back.  I had a missed MC  and had to have a DC 2 weeks ago.  Things weren't looking good from the beginning because I just felt really off the entire time, knowing something was wrong. I was having spotting since week 6 but was still progressing.  At my 8 week US the HB stopped.  We are having tests done but there was little left to test because my body started reabsorbing everything.   So my dr didn't say anything about waiting or not.  We are just going to live life for a while and see what happens.  My DR said she would put me on baby aspirin and progesterone when I get PG again.  And this ticks me off because I asked for that originally because of my anxiety about my multiple losses and she just shrugged it off. I feel like that should be standard for anyone with a prior loss especially because there are no adverse affects if you don't need it.  But I'm probably grasping at straws for any kind of help.  I can get PG easily but can't seem to make it very far.  This is loss 4 for us :(  Worst part is my friend is due in 2 weeks and my EDD for my ectopic loss is next week.  I've been a zombie at work lately and this school year overall has been horrendous with the ectopic in September and now this.   Thanks for hearing the vent sesh.  Hoping I can get excited about ttc but right now I am just "meh" about it.  I am glad I have you ladies though.  We can all get through this together. 

Re: Hate to be back here... TW-loss mentioned

• Oh @justsuzie - so so sorry to see you back here :( No one wants to come back. Sending you love and good thoughts.
    **** TW - kids and loss mentioned ****
    ~~ married 8.11.07
    ~~ DD1 1.16.11 ~~ DD2 1.3.14 ~~
    ~~ BFP3 12.22.15 MMC 2.29.16 @ 13 weeks ~~
    ~~ 2 D&Cs (3.1.16 and 3.10.16) for MMC
    ~~ BFP4 10.27.16  MMC 1.23.17 @ 16 weeks ~~ D&E 1.26.17 ~~
  • Oh dang I sighed when I saw your name here again. I completely understand the meh feeling. Did they not test your prog when you were spotting. I too feel like maybe you should have been on some suppositories. I'm so sorry for your loss and I think that's a good plan on just living life for a little bit.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • jchpgjchpg member
    @justsuzie I'm so sorry you find yourself back here. 
  • 40momma40momma member
    @justsuzie - I recognized your name from somewhere, just realized we had the same EDD (Dec 5th). I am heartbroken for you. Hugs 
  • @justsuzie I'm so heartbroken for you. This is completely unfair. Big hugs to you.
    Me: 39 DH: 39
    CP 1/25/16 4.5 weeks, developed Graves' disease
  • So sorry to see you back. Hugs.
  • @justsuzie oh no. I'm sos sorry for your losses. I was so sad to see your name with this post. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @justsuzie I'm so sorry for your losses. I'm in a similar situation on loss #3. I too fall pregnant easy and have trouble keeping them. FX for a quick positive and success with the aspirin/prog supplements.
  • SP128SP128 member
    So much love to you. I'm sorry you are back again. Please take care of yourself. Edd can be hard. Mine was earlier this week. What helped me was to keep thinking ahead. 
    ***TW***
    Me: 36  DH:35
    Married: 7/10/2016
    TTC#1 - May 2016
    BFP 9/6/2016 - Missed MC 10/20/2016  
    BFP 5/5/2017  - CP
    IVF #1 - June 2017  - Transferred 1 fresh 4 AA embryo.  7/9 Beta #1 - 161 
    <3 Adam <3 Born on 3/18/18

• @justsuzie So sorry you're going through this again! It's the worst having multiple losses, when it seems like everyone around us is just popping out kids willy-nilly with no issues.  Have they done an RPL testing panel yet? Maybe something would pop up.
    And also... after 4 losses myself I am at a point that I DESPISE the overwhelming positivity that comes from doctors. They make it seem like all this is normal and fine and we should just keep trying cause they can't find anything wrong and like it's so easy to just 'try again' and lose another baby. And they talk about MC chances like it's this small percentage, when in reality at this point it feels like the chance to conceive and have a live birth would take a miracle. Ugh. Good LUck to you and I really hope they can figure something out with the tests on your baby.

MC #1: D&C Oct 23, 2015 (7.5 weeks)
    MC #2: July 1, 2016 (5.5 weeks)
    MC #3: October 17, 2016 (CP)
    RE #1: RPL testing November 2016-January 2017
    MC #4: Feb. 28, 2017 (CP)
    RE #2: Additional RPL testing March-November 2017
    MC #5: January 2019 (6.5 weeks)

RE #3: More testing 2023. 
    Egg Retrieval Sept/Oct 2023, 2 good embryos after PGT-A testing.
    Surgery for endometriosis January 2024
    Lupron Depo March 2024.  Benched 3 months.  Hopefully FET after that.

#BitterHagPartyOf1

• tlq0726tlq0726 member
    So, so sorry for your loss @justsuzie.  Take care of yourself, and we are here for whatever your needs may be.
    Anniversary

TTC: 3/23/2013, BFP: 2/28/2014, EDD: 11/6/2014, ADD: 11/7/2014

TTC: 2/1/2016, BFP: 3/4/2017, EDD: 11/11/2017, No HB @ 8 weeks, MC: 4/8/2017
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

TTC: 5/24/2017, BFP: 4/14/2018, EDD: 12/22/2018
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I am so sorry for your loss @justsuzie. I was actually just thinking about you the other day, wondering how you were doing. I am so very sorry. Hugs.

**TW**
    **TW - Loss & Child mentioned**
    Me: 40  DH: 47
    Married: 10/2015
    DSD: 17
    BFP #1: 6/2/15, ectopic, metho 7/15
    BFP #2: 12/4/15, cp 12/7/15
    BFP #3: 8/5/16, MMC discovered 9/1, Misoprostol 9/19
    BFP #4: 5/10/17, EDD 1/20/2018
    Baby boy born January 12, 2018, 6 lbs 3.3 oz, 20.5 in.

• TScaleiTScalei member
    *lurking*

@justsuzie - Even though I knew about your loss it still just sucks to see you here. I hope you are holding up as well as you can be and hopefully summer vacation will be a nice break for you. Have you done the RPL testing yet? I agree with you re the baby aspirin it just seems like anything that would help women stay pg esp after losses is worth a try. Im thinking of you and hoping you get some good news soon! :)
  • hdaleyhdaley member
    @justsuzie. I was lurking in Dec and saw your loss post.  I am been thinking of you ever since.  Thoughts and hugs for you.  Sorry you find yourself back here.  

Be kind and gentle to yourself.  You have been through a lot. 

Baby #1: BFP on 10/12/2011, EDD 6/24/2012 Born: 6/16/2012 Boy!

Baby #2: BFP on 11/11/2016, EDD 7/25/2017 - MC 1/2/2017

• MimoCaMimoCa member
    @justsuzie so sorry you are back. My heart goes out to you and DH. Its not fair that you find yourself here again for the 4th time :( But keep positive that your time will come soon! and you will have your rainbow in your arms. 
  • maybe even baby asprin while you TTC?
  • @justsuzie.  I'm sorry you are back here.  My heart aches for you.  Take care of yourself.  hugs to you
  • No @justsuzie I'm so so sorry. So many hugs for you right now.
  • I was hoping some of you lovely ladies would be gone!  

@jchpg @ladipale @jchpg @amberruka @40momma @rklinge0 @MooFish2364 @msstephanielynn @tiq0726 @hdaley @MimoCa @Mack2342 @pumpkin0913
    Thanks ladies. I am just taking it one day at a time.  I am going to start some therapy for my anxiety.  It's been killer the past month.  My doctor said if I want testing done I can get it.  We are going to decompress for another month before going back in. SO depressing going there, babies everywhere. 

@SP128 Thanks friend.  I like your positive attitude about the EDD and looking forward. I don't know when we will try again.  DH says whenever I am ready. Sadly I just read an old post of yours.  So sorry for what you went through.  Totally not fair. Fingers crossed so hard for you.

@NewMommyCoop Sadly we have similar loss histories with ectopic, cps, and missed mc. :(  Did your doctor recommend baby aspirin while ttc?

@dpjennifer My doctor actually said she had her fingers crossed for me for this last one.  That kind of just pissed me off.  No testing yet.  We are waiting for the results from what we sent to the lab.  Then we will take the next steps in testing.  

@vlagrl29 I think I am going to take the baby aspirin while ttc.  The doctor didn't even have me come in when I was spotting because I had sex the day before and said it was normal. I think that's when things took a turn for the worse sadly. 

@TScalei Thanks.  Still so happy for you.  I am not keeping track of the grad thread but wish you the best of luck,

• @justsuzie - i did baby asprin last time. and progesterone. i have mixed feelings about progesterone but will for sure do BA next time... and dude, my OB BET ME $10,000 that my last pregnancy was a take home baby. ugh. she feels terrible about it
    ~~ married 8.11.07
  • @ladipale what are your feelings about progesterone. I know it can't stop a loss from happening. I know my last OB thought it could not hurt to try while ttc but my current OB said he would not recommend taking it while ttc. In my situation anyways.
  • @vlagrl29 - i used it in my last pregnancy and i think it added to my anxiety because it caused spotting. and progesterone was clearly not my problem because i stopped it and lost baby 5 weeks later... i think it can prolong a pregnancy that was not meant to progress in the first place and i think 'good' levels can vary from person to person. 
    ~~ married 8.11.07
  • I agree @ladipale. It seems progesterone can vary so much even hour by hour. I don't doubt it caused you spotting. It made me spot a good week prior to AF starting. That would mess with your mind if pregnant. I just pray next time I'm pregnant my levels are good and I don't spot.
  • SP128SP128 member
    @justsuzie thanks lady. Sucky situations all around. Try again whenever you feel comfortable. Crossing my fingers for everyone. I keep on telling myself that it'll all be worth it one day :smile:
    ***TW***
    Me: 36  DH:35
    Married: 7/10/2016
    TTC#1 - May 2016
    BFP 9/6/2016 - Missed MC 10/20/2016  
    BFP 5/5/2017  - CP
    IVF #1 - June 2017  - Transferred 1 fresh 4 AA embryo.  7/9 Beta #1 - 161 
    <3 Adam <3 Born on 3/18/18

• Oh I am sorry to see you back @justsuzie
    DD1 4.14.10
    DD2 8.22.13
    MMC 1.4.17 at 16w
    Expecting #3, EDD 1.29.18

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I have read a lot about progesterone helping women carry to term, and then read just as many stories of another mc.  So torn.  I will definitely do the BA. How much do you take @vlagrl29 while ttc?

@BelhurstBride Thanks, yah it sucks.
  • @justsuzie - I'm actually not taking anything currently except prenatal. Never took baby aspirin. I did 1 TWW with progesterone suppositories but had a gut feeling I didn't need them with TTC and my new OB confirmed that. 
  • *lurking* @justsuzie I am so sorry to hear about your loss and hope they can figure things out fast. I also hope the rest of the school year is easy on you.  <3
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • *lurking*
    Im so sorry you're back here @justsuzie :( it's absolutely not fair and I know it can be hard to be positive so just allow yourself to feel how you feel and seek help if you need it. Sending thoughts your way *hugs*

Me.30 DH.31 
    Est.8.2006
    BFP 8/28/15 mmc @ 11 weeks (d&c)
    BFP 9/28/16 mmc @ 8 weeks (d&c) - trisomy 5
    BFP 2/3/17...edd 10/13/17 <3

• **Lurking**

@justsuzie Our histories are similar. I don't remember how old you are or if you have starting seeing an RE. I got a positive the morning of my first RE appointment, so there isn't a lot he can do except closely monitor. I am only taking a prenatal and vitamin D. All of my blood work for blood issues came back normal so the doctor does not want me taking BA. The RE is monitoring my progesterone weekly along with hCG. So far, progesterone has been good so he does not want me using progesterone. He gave me two boxes in case, but told me not to use them unless they told me to start. I hope they are able to determine what is causing your losses and you get your rainbow soon.
    **TW - Loss & Child mentioned**
    Me: 40  DH: 47
    Married: 10/2015
    DSD: 17
    BFP #1: 6/2/15, ectopic, metho 7/15
    BFP #2: 12/4/15, cp 12/7/15
    BFP #3: 8/5/16, MMC discovered 9/1, Misoprostol 9/19
    BFP #4: 5/10/17, EDD 1/20/2018
    Baby boy born January 12, 2018, 6 lbs 3.3 oz, 20.5 in.

• @NewMommyCoop I am 37.  I am hoping to get the results from testing soon.  My OB doesn't think I need an RE just yet because she said that I have no trouble getting PG, just staying PG.  I think that's why she wants to try BA and progesterone.  SHe's in the mindset that if it can't hurt then let's give it a try.