Trying to Get Pregnant

Healthy Habits Check-In Week of 5/22

Check in here if you're working on, or need some encouragement to work on a healthy habit!

1. What healthy habit are you working on?

2. How is it going?

3. What is a small win from last week?

4. GTKY: What's the funniest thing you've ever seen at the gym?

Re: Healthy Habits Check-In Week of 5/22

• 50Wife50Wife member
    1. What healthy habit are you working on? I just started a new 12 week meal and exercise plan. I'm up to lunch of Day 1 and so far so good? Lol. I'll do the workouts after work. I'm genuinely excited. I took my measurements but forgot to weigh myself to start so I'll just do that tomorrow. 
    Still trying to stick with drinking more. 

2. How is it going?  talk to me tonight when I'm supposed to work out. 
    Water consumption sucks 

3. What is a small win from last week? I stuck with my meal plan for the week again 

4. GTKY: What's the funniest thing you've ever seen at the gym?  I'm not really a gym person. I've always done workouts at home so I've got nothing fun 
  • Hi guys, I've been wanting to join y'all for a few weeks now but I've been so bad at being healthy recently. The scale was a major wake up call this weekend.

I am about 40 pounds overweight and have gained 15 since starting TTC four months ago (aren't you supposed to lose weight after going of BCP?) so I would like to try to lose about 20 lbs to start off with and then go from there. I have put together a half marathon training plan for a half I'd like to do in September so follow that and eat healthier.

2. How is it going? Okay. I did fairly well this weekend but my main problem is the evening. I crave chocolate so badly after dinner and I get so hungry at night. I need to find something to satisfy the cravings without being too unhealthy.

3. What is a small win from last week? I chose to make chicken and salad instead of eating pizza that my husband ordered as well as ran twice (one time I got interrupted by rain so it was super short). DH made a comment that if I'm going to carry our child I should start being healthier and then he orders pizza for lunch. How rude!

4. GTKY: What's the funniest thing you've ever seen at the gym? Not sure if it was funny but definitely weird but I once saw a guy putting a large amount of those circular weights that you put on a bench press on his back and doing planks. He was also like 60 years old. I tried to get MH attention to see it but he was focused on his workout.

@50wife - GL working out tonight and with your 12 week plan! 

Married: August 2014
    TTC #1: February 2017 - BFP 7/28/17; EDD 4/8/18; DD born 4/7/18
    TTC #2: February 2019
  • Loading the player...
  • 50Wife50Wife member
    @Avrilmai  you may never know...
    Really though, I've tried to add a bit more vino into my diet bc apparently relaxing gets you knocked up, right??  But still trying to consume more water than wine if that counts for anything. 

But just so you guys can see how my water intake is...I've drank 2 cups of coffee and 1 20oz tumbler of water so far today. I'm just not a drinker. 
  • @50Wife Good luck on your new 12 week plan! Making it through the first day is always the hardest (as you know). You can do it!

@justkeepswimming8 Hugs for the weight gain :( But a half marathon sounds like an awesome goal! I've had a few friends do marathon training and they found the motivation of doing the race a great incentive. Rooting for you!

1. What healthy habit are you working on? 80% paleo and daily yoga

2. How is it going? Still going strong! I slipped up this weekend at the VA Renn Faire though :( I had half a giant bag of kettle corn and a cinnamon sugar crepe. OMG I felt like shit afterwards. My head was killing me and I had such a sugar crash. My body just can't do it anymore.

3. What is a small win from last week? My thigh gap is back and I'm in my goal range for body fat % (barely, but it counts)! They're great ways to measure progress as the scale stopped moving, but my body is still changing.

4. GTKY: What's the funniest thing you've ever seen at the gym? I am NOT a gym person, so I'll leave you with this funny gif instead:

• 50Wife50Wife member
    @LoveInDC you're killing it, girl!!
  • @50Wife Thanks, lady! I hope you can find your perfect program soon :) You obviously have so much dedication to finding the right fit, it sucks that nothing is hitting you yet.
  • vflux33vflux33 member
    edited May 2017
    @50Wife Yay for sticking to the meal plan!
    @justkeepswimming8 Welcome! Do you eat a lot of protein at dinner? I used to snack at night and then I upped my protein at dinner and found that helped.
    @LoveinDC Great job! I'm sure the hormone stuff is such an incentive to keep it going. 

1. What healthy habit are you working on? exercise/diet/want to lose a bit

2. How is it going? Well last week was basically a fail. We went to my favorite french bakery and bought a box of pastries, which were sooo good and I only exercised like half the amount I did the week before. 

3. What is a small win from last week? Well, I didn't get zero exercise!

4. GTKY: What's the funniest thing you've ever seen at the gym? I once saw a dude eating a donut inside the gym immediately before exercising. Didn't stick around to see how that one played out. 

eta screwed up tag
  • @50wife GL on your 12 week plan! It's always great to be excited and ready to go

@justkeepswimming8 Welcome! Seriously I would TP my husband if he said that to me. I agree with @vflux33 heavy on protein will keep you full - do you like yogurt? Some of the Greek yogurts have good "chocolate" flavors that may help the craving

@LoveInDC Keep up the great work!

@vflux33 A donut? Really?! 

1. What healthy habit are you working on? Overall weight loss, eating healthy, more water, exercise 5-6x a week

2. How's it going? Still good, down 20 lbs in 2 months (started on 3/27) but I notice I'm slipping a bit when I eat. Not crazy but not as good as I have been. Have to get back on track. Still killing it at the gym almost every day

3. What is a small win from last week? Well Friday was CD 1 and I felt like crapola but I still went and did 1 1/2 hour workout at the gym 

4. GTKY What's the funniest thing you've ever seen at the gym?
    Ive seen a variety of clothing (bras, high heels, leggings - on those who shouldn't be wearing them) This one guy was wearing an Arby's shirt. Why?! 
    Me: 38 DH:39
    TTC #2 - August 2016
    MFI
    IUI #1-3 BFN 

Heart Mom - DS 3/15/13
    BFP 4/21/18 MMC 6/11/18
  • This looks like a great idea!

Not going out for fast food.

2. How is it going? Today was kind of a fail. DH said he packed breakfast in with my lunch this morning but turns out he forgot, womp womp. So I went to Mickey D's. I'm getting groceries this evening though so it should make that easier.

3. What is a small win from last week? Psh, I had no wins last week. 

4. GTKY: What's the funniest thing you've ever seen at the gym? Okay, this wasn't at the gym but it's sorta related. There was a guy who used to run in my neighborhood, except every so often he'd just break into a little dance, or do a cartwheel, or a backflip, and he constantly had a ridiculous smile on his face. Kind of like ridiculously photogenic running guy but not as cute and probably with ten times the energy. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Throwing leaves <3
  • What healthy habit are you working on?
    Eating better, yoga daily and reduce stress

2. How is it going?. I am starting today. I was doing really well a few months ago with no weight loss results (probably due to hormone imbalance) 

3. What is a small win from last week?  that I actually care. I have been so stressed and depressed I haven't cared how bad I have eaten.

4. GTKY: What's the funniest thing you've ever seen at the gym?  I wish I could go to the gym, but I can't find time. I live in the middle of nowhere.
  • 50Wife50Wife member
    @LoveInDC I'm really excited about this program. The results I'm seeing online are amazing so I'm giving it my all (naturally this weekend I'm going to a benefit Friday and a baseball game Saturday so I'll do my best to stay on track)! Getting ready to do the workout portion for tonight. 

@vflux33 at least you worked out some. And this week is a new week! 

@RVAmom315 20 lbs is amazing!! 

@jellybean529 I'd probably sit and wait for that guy to go for his run every day! Lol

@holly321 what are you doing to reduce stress?? I need tips! I'm starting to clench my jaw from stress and even my dental hygienist recently noticed a lot of wear on my teeth bc of it. 
  • @50Wife, I have been trying little things like lavender oil.  I have been listening to really loud music, and singing it as loud as possible.  Nice long hot baths, reading, yoga.  I am also going to try and fix the problems.  My boss is driving me nuts, so I am going to speak to her boss this week.  
  • 50Wife50Wife member
    @holly321 good luck talking to her boss! I hope it helps 
  • 50Wife50Wife member
    Eating on point and workout done. My ass is kicked! 
    Day 1 of week 1 complete...only 11 weeks and 4 days to go  :D
  • @50Wife does the meal plan give you recipes?  And I suck at water consumption. I've had maybe 20 ounces today (28 if you count what I put in my shakeology )

@justkeepswimming8 H (unintentionally ) rubs it in my face. Popcorn is my fav food and we always get it at the movies. I went to a free screening if the new Pirates movie and they gave us coupons for free popcorn. I couldn't have any but H got a big tub & was crunching away.  I forgot if I've asked but what half are you doing?

@LoveInDC kettle corn...I want some! 

@vflux33 Talk about a sugar rush!

@Avrilmai nice work on the weight loss!!

@jellybean529 I have to admit, sometimes I dance a little when I'm running if certain songs come on

@holly321 I wish I could get into yoga!

1. What healthy habit are you working on? Doing 21 day fix to lose weight

2. How is it going? I've done all the workouts and stuck to my containers but I am not happy. I love food and hate missing out.  And there's lots of goodies at work this week and I can't have any. 

3. What is a small win from last week? I lost 4.8 pounds and haven't cheated on my foods

4. GTKY: What's the funniest thing you've ever seen at the gym?
    I'm don't go to the gym.  But I've definitely seen some interesting things running races (can't think of what off the top of my head)

• vflux33vflux33 member
    @RVAmom315 That is a lot of weight to lose so quickly. You're definitely doing something (a lot) right.
    @jellybean529 OK your neighborhood runner would kind of freak me out!
    @50Wife I have the jaw grinding stress issue too. I've had more than one dental office tell me to wear one of those sleep retainers and I keep refusing. I don't care how much damage I'm causing. If I wear a retainer at night, I will never sleep, which will stress me out, which will make me grind my teeth more
    @purplg8r Congrats on the weight loss! 
  • 1. What healthy habit are you working on? Drinking more water, less wine & working out regularly. 

2. How is it going? Alright. It'll be easier when the school year is over with though!  :)

3. What is a small win from last week? I went to Michigan to visit my bff, and we went on a really nice hike! 

4. GTKY: What's the funniest thing you've ever seen at the gym? I don't ever go to the gym, but when I played sports in high school there was a girl on my team who had some bladder problems and would literally pee herself during games.  :D

@50Wife GL with your 12 week plan!

@LoveInDC Those body changes are awesome! Way to go! Also, I love kettle corn!

@justkeepswimming8 GL with your new goals! Doing a half marathon would be awesome! 

@vflux33 Those pastries sound so good!

@RVAmom315 Wow! 20 lbs! That's awesome!!

@jellybean529 I wish I had as much energy as the guy who runs in your neighborhood! 

@holly321 GL with your new goals! I should totally add "reduce stress" to my goals.

@purplg8r Congrats on your weight loss! That's awesome! 
    Me: 27 | DH: 27
    Married: 10/2013
    TTC #1 Since: 02/2017
  • 50Wife50Wife member
    @purplg8r congrats on the weight loss!! You said before you had 10 lbs to lose right?? Halfway there?? 
    And yes. Recipes for everything I'll eat the next 13 weeks...breakfast, lunch, and dinner as well as 3 snacks a day. And she allows a good cheat meal in Sundays. The plan says 1 bad meal won't make you fat just like one healthy meal won't make you skinny. Not an excuse to eat 10k calories that day, but hello pasta!! 

@vflux33 I do wear a night guard and I told her that. This bitch told me to wear it during the day if I'm clenching. Ummmm no. 
    I've been chewing more gum and it's been helping. Will probably give me more cavities though. 

@Cricket648 when's the last day of school?? I feel like all teachers have a countdown at this point. 
    This is the time of year my husband (a police officer) usually ends up working at high schools in our city bc the kids act our that much 
  • @justkeepswimming8 I also get sugar free chocolate pudding with lite cool whip - it's like 75 calories and a great way satisfy those sweet cravings!

@purplg8r Great job on the weight
    loss!

@50Wife Whoo hoo!
    TTC #2 - August 2016
    MFI
    IUI #1-3 BFN 

Heart Mom - DS 3/15/13
    BFP 4/21/18 MMC 6/11/18
  • 50Wife50Wife member
    @justkeepswimming8 chocolate covered almonds helped my craving when I was doing 21 day fix. Or my supermarket has dark chocolate bark with pumpkin seeds in it. Could try something like one of those? Dark chocolate is "healthy" and so are nuts. So total healthy snack  :p
  • vflux33vflux33 member
    @Cricket648 The adult in me is like, "oh she couldn't control it. That's so sad." And the juvenile in me is like, 

@justkeepswimming8 Ah, yeah--the thing with pasta and carbs generally is that you don't feel as full as you actually are after you eat them, which may be part of your issue. But I get it--childhood habits are hard to break! I had dessert every night growing up and it definitely made it tougher to stop doing it so regularly. 

@50Wife A retainer during the day?? FUCK THAT. I didn't do it when I was 12, and I wouldn't do it now either.
  • @justkeepswimming8 Wow! That would take some serious will power for me (wine is amazing)! I'm glad to hear that it made a difference for you, though!

@50Wife 2 days!!! My kids have been pretty low key, but when we're in the last week and a half or so of school, if we have kids who aren't behaving we just send them home for the rest of the year. This is also the time of year when we make decisions about who won't be invited back next year (we're a charter school), so that helps. 

P.S. I just read that back to myself, and realized that I totally made it sound like my school is strict and exclusive, but really we're just in a terrible neighborhood.  :D Things that have gotten kids sent home for the rest of the summer/not invited back have included:
    - Making a shiv by taking the blade out of a pencil sharpener
    - Bringing a BB gun to school
    - Sticking a paper clip in an outlet (he full on electrocuted himself, but he was okay)
    - Lighting rolling papers on fire in the bathroom

None of those things took place in my class. Win?
    Me: 27 | DH: 27
    Married: 10/2013
    TTC #1 Since: 02/2017
  • 50Wife50Wife member
    @Cricket648 I'd call that a win for you!! 

But not the brightest ideas by the kids 

• @Cricket648 drinking more water is so hard!! And woah!  Those stories are crazy!!

@50Wife oh! What the program called?  I need meal plans with recipes otherwise I struggle. It was 10 pounds I needed to lose but then I gained 2. So really 12. 

• 50Wife50Wife member
    @purplg8r it's the strong body guide from a site called diary of a fit mommy. She's on fb and Instagram. Just seeing the progress women make and share is amazing and I've been wanting to do it but kept making excuses. So I finally bought it-I'm doing the meal and exercise program. She also has a private FB group you can join once you buy a plan for accountability. 
    The food today wasn't bad at all.
    Breakfast: 2 eggs, 2 pieces of bacon and a piece of toast 
    Snack: a protein shake and banana.
    Lunch: chicken, asparagus, and a sweet potato
    afternoon snack: 2 rice cakes and PB 
    dinner: pork chop, green beans, and sweet potato.
    And you have a variety of options for your last snack of the day (I had string cheese, almonds and blueberries). 
    The meals alternate so MWF you have one set and Tu Th and Sat you have another set of meals so you don't get bored. Each set of meals is for two weeks and then it's totally different for the next two and then the next two. There are specific workouts for each day too which keeps it different.  

You can buy the meal plan by itself I believe.
  • OMG GUYS. On a whim, I decided to buy Daiya Cheezy Mac. It's gluten free, dairy free, soy free, nut free, vegan mac and cheese. It's got to be terrible right? It was so frickin' delicious! I'm in love <3:)<3 Now on the hunt for more secret goodies...
  • 50Wife50Wife member
    @LoveInDC I've seen that in my grocery store. I believe they have frozen pizzas too! 
  • LoveInDCLoveInDC member
    edited May 2017
    50Wife said:
    @LoveInDC I've seen that in my grocery store. I believe they have frozen pizzas too! 
    @50Wife They do! They also have salad dressings which I'm interested in. For those of you who like yogurt or are looking for sliced/block cheese alternatives, they have those too! Might be worth exploring :blush:
  • looeezelooeeze member
    @LoveInDC That stuff melts like real cheese too! Mmmmmm
  • LoveInDC said:
    OMG GUYS. On a whim, I decided to buy Daiya Cheezy Mac. It's gluten free, dairy free, soy free, nut free, vegan mac and cheese. It's got to be terrible right? It was so frickin' delicious! I'm in love <3:)<3 Now on the hunt for more secret goodies...
    @LoveInDC I believe you, but how? How is it possible? I'm going to have to give it a try. 

TTC#1 10/2016
    TTC/IF:included medicated cycles, IUIs and 2 rounds of IVF with 1 embryo each. 
    BFP finally in 12/2018

TTC#2 06/2021
    planning FET

"Some days are diamonds, some days are rocks,
    some doors are open, some roads are blocked" 

• @50Wife that food sounds yummy!
  • @Avrilmai I can't explain it! But I was heating up a chicken sausage to finish the meal, and I couldn't stop snacking on it! The brown rice pasta is perfect and you honestly cannot tell the difference with the sauce. I'm trying their alfredo style version soon. I'll report back on that too!
  • @RVAmom315

I picked up some Kroger brand Strawberry and Chocolate yogurt (they didn't have just chocolate) and it is amazeballs! If I put it in the freezer, it would be just like ice cream and much healthier! 

Married: August 2014
    TTC #1: February 2017 - BFP 7/28/17; EDD 4/8/18; DD born 4/7/18
    TTC #2: February 2019
  • @justkeepswimming8 YAAASSS!!!

You are welcome my friend :smiley:
    TTC #2 - August 2016
    MFI
    IUI #1-3 BFN 

Heart Mom - DS 3/15/13
    BFP 4/21/18 MMC 6/11/18
  • @justkeepswimming8 I always put my yogurt in the freezer for a few minutes. You're right it's just like ice cream, well, it is literally frozen yogurt. So good! 

TTC#1 10/2016
    TTC/IF:included medicated cycles, IUIs and 2 rounds of IVF with 1 embryo each. 
    BFP finally in 12/2018

TTC#2 06/2021
    planning FET

"Some days are diamonds, some days are rocks,
    some doors are open, some roads are blocked"