July 2017 Moms

Monday Ticker Change 5/22

For anyone due 7/3, 7/10, 7/17, 7/24, 7/31

How far along are you? 

How big is baby? 

Upcoming appointments this week?

Any new symptoms or changes?

Rants/Raves/Questions?

GTKY: What's the best concert you've ever been to? 
Me: 31 DH: 31
  <3 DS born 6/2017, became a heart angel 8/2018 <3
CP 3/2019

Re: Monday Ticker Change 5/22

• How far along are you? 31 weeks

How big is baby? 665 grams as of last Friday

Upcoming appointments this week? BPPs on Tuesday and Friday

Any new symptoms or changes? I'm still pretty sad about my appointment last Friday.  Baby's growth has fallen way behind - it's only gained 125 grams in the last 3 weeks when it should have gained 600.  And my cord blood dopplers have shown some intermittent absent flow, which is a warning sign that the baby might need to be delivered sooner rather than later.  I'm really worried that I'll be delivering in the next week or two and the baby won't even make it to 2 lbs.  All the size issues coupled with a complex heart defect, and I'm losing hope quickly.

Rants/Raves/Questions?

GTKY: What's the best concert you've ever been to?  Well, I just saw Chance the Rapper for the third time this past Friday, and I have to say he is the best live performer I've ever seen.  The best concert I've been to was the Bumbershoot music festival in Seattle in 2015.  Chance was the closer and it was incredible.  His energy level and stage production is top notch.  I would love to see Beyonce in concert - I'm not a huge, huge fan, but I enjoy her music and I bet her show would be an experience.
    CP 3/2019
  • How far along are you? 31 weeks

How big is baby? Depends which app you look at, but it's all kind of weird.  Broccoli stalk, asparagus, coconut.  She's as big as she wants to be.  :)

Upcoming appointments this week? I have a normal check up with the NP on Thursday.  We also had a 4D ultrasound on Saturday that was pretty cool.  I think I waited too long because she was pretty smushed in there.  they offered to rescan in a week, but think it'll only get more tight and hard to see.

Any new symptoms or changes?  I'm getting to the point where I'm ready to meet this little girl.  I've started giving up on the things that fall on the floor and am really working hard to finish out this pregnancy eating a bit healthier.  I think I indulged a bit much because I've been craving fruit like crazy.  This week I'm focusing on fruit and protein.

Rants/Raves/Questions?  I'm 50% where did the time go and 50% how much longer!  9 more weeks.  :#

GTKY: What's the best concert you've ever been to? So I've only been to a handful, because for whatever reason I am against spending money on concerts.  I LOVE them, don't get me wrong, but I can never reason myself to buy tickets!  The last concert I saw was Deadmau5 in his prime back in 2011 and that was pretty cool.  It might be time for me to take DH to another concert I'm thinking.  He loves them too.  Maybe that would be a good birthday present.

@SpongeWorthy So sorry you're dealing with more difficult things and know that you and LO are in my Ts and Ps!   I know your doctors will do whatever is best for you and baby.  Stay strong mama!  You got this!

Me: 26  Him: 27
    Dating: 5/2011 Married: 6/2014

Mirena out/TTC: 02/2016

BFP #1: 12/01/2016

EDD: 07/24/2017

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • How far along are you? 34 weeks 

How big is baby? butternut squash 

Upcoming appointments this week? midwife appointment Wednesday 

Any new symptoms or changes? TMI but started losing pieces of my mucous plug last night and continuing today. I know this means nothing, but it makes me wonder if something may be happening down there. 

Rants/Raves/Questions? Rants : I'm not sure how much more stretching my belly can take. I have a whole new set of stretch marks despite me using Palmers cocoa butter for stretch marks.
  • @maybeitsmadeline I'd like to up my protein, too.  I've heard anecdotal evidence that it can help with baby's growth.  Maybe I should start a meal plan thread for this week to get my motivation going.  FX you can feel more comfortable in the coming days.  You are almost to the finish line!

@nicole71721 Yuck about the mucous plug.  I have also heard not to worry about that, but I'd probably call my midwife just in case.  Good luck!
    CP 3/2019
  • @SpongeWorthy I have an appointment on Wednesday so I plan to ask my midwife. I know it doesn't really mean anything as it can regenerate, just kinda gross really. I didn't loose it with DD1 until the night before my induction at 39+6 and it was in one big shot with my bloody show as well. Just want to bring it up with her so we have no surprises there. 
  • @SpongeWorthy - your post makes me so sad for you. Not in like a poor pitiful you kind of way. More empathetic and just how much I hate this for you. I'll say some more prayers for you and baby and I hope you know how much we're all rooting for you and baby. It must feel so helpless bc there's just nothing you can do but wait. I'm so so sorry that you're going through this. I'm grateful that technology and doctors are amazing and I am so hopeful for you and baby. i wish there was more I could do or say to help. 
  • It's sunny here so I'll post my ticker change later but I just wanted to say @SpongeWorthy, *hugs*, and I hate that you are going through this and feel this way.  I'm here, we're all here, for you.  If you need to share the load, you're definitely not alone.
  • How far along are you? 32 Weeks.

How big is baby? About the size of a Squash.

Upcoming appointments this week? Nope.

Any new symptoms or changes? Just the normal pregnancy stuff and I now have extra sensitive areas on my bump.

Rants/Raves/Questions?

The only rant I have is that I wish I could get more help with everything at home including cleaning and organizing. I'm trying my hardest to clean and organize pretty much our entire house due to being in some serious pain and soreness and dealing with my demanding toddler for a couple of weeks. But now that I can move around better and my energy levels are improving, I feel like I have a mountain of things to do.

I still have to baby prep as in organize and sort the baby clothes I already have, buy more baby clothes, furniture, feeding items, put the fabric back on the double stroller, put the Infant car seat back in the car and etc. I have to sweep, mop, vacuum, clean bathrooms, put up laundry, de-clutter, dust, wash my bedsheets and make my bed.

Once I get through all of that, I need to wipe down all table, fridge, knob and lower cabinet surfaces, buy stuff for hospital bags, pack hospital bags for four people, find time to schedule two hospital tours, alter my wedding dress, plan the events for our anniversary (6/2), find something comfortable to wear to a graduation (5/26), do the make up for the graduate that morning around 5:00 am, update all of my documents for the hospital and pre-register for the hospital.

I still need to finish our home projects such as repainting the knobs on the cabinets, placing contact paper on all of the counter tops and our dining table, and buy more furniture. We still need to buy a couch, dining room chairs, love seat, coffee table, end tables, and other items. And even though this may not be all of it, just listing it out is stressing me out because I know I only have maybe six more weeks of being able to move around somewhat freely. *sigh*

GTKY: What's the best concert you've ever been to? I've never been to a few concerts in the past but I did not enjoy them due to the person I attended them with.  :( 
    Baby Olivia Born October 28, 2015
    Baby Pumpkin Due July 17, 2017
  • I didn't post earlier! 

How far along are you? 33 weeks

How big is baby? Celery, ferret... and at growth scan almost two weeks ago 4lbs 14oz! 97th percentile. Yikes!

Upcoming appointments this week? Nope. Next week!

Any new symptoms or changes? Mmmm not really. Although I do think baby is getting lower bc my reflux has been better the last two days or so and I feel like I have to pee a little more often. 

Rants/Raves/Questions? My baby shower was yesterday and MIL made a damn fool of herself, but overall it was AMAZING. My friends and family are awesome and it was just the perfect day (minus crazyyyy MIL). I spent today organizing a lot of it and have sooo much to wash. 

I didn't get a ton a ton of clothes but what I did get looks mostly boy (we're team green). One of my really good friends is having a boy so I've thought about giving her some of it if I do have a girl. What would you guys do? Keep it for next baby, use it for a girl anyway, or give some of it away? People didn't include receipts and I would never ask for them. 
    It's not a TON but some of it really SCREAMS boy. Like camo print (and I'm totally not a camo print kind of person). Some of it is just sleepers so I know it doesn't really matter, but it's all so boyish. I'm not typically a girly girl, but if it is a girl, I just hate that her closet is full of boy stuff. I wouldn't care so much if it was a second baby but for our first I want what I want. 

GTKY: What's the best concert you've ever been to?
    I go to a ton of concerts. BSB will always have my heart. Bon Jovi does an amazing show. I saw 1D before and was shocked by how amazing they were. No Doubt was also amazing. I saw Eminem years and years ago - also amazing (whyyy hasn't he toured in forever??). 
    I just can't answer this question. Too many good ones to name! 
  • How far along are you? 34 weeks

How big is baby? Butternut Squash

Upcoming appointments this week? No, starting June 6th I move to weekly appointments.

Any new symptoms or changes? Fatigue is so real and the acid reflux is back with a vengeance.

Rants/Raves/Questions? The weather here has been so nice, and we ate dinner outside last night which was like the best thing ever.  Not really pregnancy related but I wanted to say something nice.

GTKY: What's the best concert you've ever been to? Queen with Paul Rodgers.  
  • @ginger1228 Thank you for your kind words.  I appreciate you taking the time to listen.  I feel bad when I must seem so negative all the time on here.  It's just the reality of where I'm at, I guess.  Thank you for giving me the space to vent.  I'm glad your shower went so well (minus the MIL drama - but I am intrigued in the story lol).  Personally, I wouldn't mind putting a girl in boyish clothes, but I know that's not everyone's cup of tea.  I would probably give it away (or re-gift ;)) rather than keep it for a potential future baby.

@Itsnotyourturn Thank you.  It does feel better to vent and get the sadness out sometimes.  It can be awkward to talk about with friends IRL.  I truly appreciate the kindness you've shown me over the last few months <3 I also saw Queen with Paul Rodgers!  It was a great arena rock show.  I hope you get a reprieve from the fatigue and reflux soon, mama!

@Knottie22668383 Wow that is a true laundry list of tasks.  I got tired just reading it!  Know that if you can't accomplish all that, everything will still be fine.  Don't put undo pressure on yourself to get everything done.  You need to focus on growing your LO and everything else will fall into place :)
    CP 3/2019
  • @SpongeWorthy - don't feel bad! I didn't take your post like you're a debbie downer or anything. I just hate to see anyone have to go through all this worry. I'm glad you can come here and talk to us. I hope you're feeling better today. 
  • I know that I can't get everything done without help. But, I'm still going to try and get most of it done. The really sad part is that it was about half of the stuff I have on my list of things to do. I honestly think the nesting feeling is in full effect for me. Today I finished packing two hospital bags and two diaper bags and I got my kitchen in order. Tomorrow I plan on working on the bedrooms and the bathrooms. I've tried asking my DH for help in the past. But since he works 12 to 14 hour days, it's like talking to a wall...

Thank you for the words of encouragement. I'm definitely going to try to slow down or carve out more relaxation time for myself.

I hope that everything is getting better for you though.
    Baby Olivia Born October 28, 2015
    Baby Pumpkin Due July 17, 2017